Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming Next Week, Adds Genesis and Bulgari Vision GTs

• Thread starter Famine
  • 787 comments
My livery got straight up erased. Never applied it at it’s not in my design list.
Seriously…how does PD continue to screw these things up?

The weird thing i can save the design, but the preview just shows the Orange standard car. If i load the design in GT Auto, it will show the design i made.. But i can't apply or share it and once i go out of GT Auto it just vanished. :-(

Why are people so sure a PS5 Pro is coming? Everywhere I look it’s purely rumour based on the fact there was a PS4 Pro (which as far as I’m aware was a reaction to Xbox producing a more powerful console).
Because Sony is a business and releasing slightly improved versions of existing hardware is an easy way to boost income.

I got the Genesis VGT reward ticket twice. Has anyone else?

Last edited:
My livery got straight up erased. Never applied it at it’s not in my design list.
Seriously…how does PD continue to screw these things up?
I'm sorry your design went up in digital smoke. As someone who spends hours (and sometimes days) working on these things . . . I can understand the frustration.

On the bolded part, I have to ask:

Do you feel the same way about the double ticket glitch that seems to have shown up with this update? Should this be backed out? I'm certain it'll get patched fairly quickly, but should folks who exploited this glitch have her/his extra VGT or credits taken away?

Last edited:
I got the Genesis VGT reward ticket twice. Has anyone else?
I've seen a few people with the same "issue", I had only one (and as I am a moron I bought the car at BC before checking my tickets and seeing that I had a ticket to get the car for free...)

Got this from the 5 star ticket on completing the Dodge Extra Menu. Didn't have it, so at 450k I made a cool 250k profit on my 200k for the Demon 👍 :D
20240125_220050.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry your design went up in digital smoke. As someone who spends hours (and sometimes days) working on these things . . . I can understand the frustration.

On the bolded part, I have to ask:

Do you feel the same way about the double ticket glitch that seems to have shown up with this update? Should this be backed out? I'm certain it'll get patched fairly quickly, but should folks who exploited this glitch have her/his extra VGT or credits taken away?
It’s annoying, but exploits are exploits. PD didn’t erase everyone’s engines. And just because I don’t use glitches/exploits doesn’t mean everyone else should be penalized. (I didn’t get the double VGT ticket glitch either.)
I’m mostly frustrated with glitches that affect gameplay and immersion (liveries), you know, two of the biggest components of the game? It seems like PD screws up liveries with every update and it’s extremely annoying.
I’d be equally as frustrated, most likely more so, if the next update screwed up driving physics for certain vehicles to make them behave like something out of 18 Wheels Over the Road Racing just because a programmer inadvertently screwed up one line of code. It shouldn’t be this difficult.
I’d be perfectly happy waiting an extra week for an update if they spend time fixing a livery or physics bug instead of releasing the bugged update, hoping for the best, then releasing update .plus 1 number one-two weeks later that only fixed the bugs caused by the last update. And GT7 isn’t the only game that handles updates like this. The whole industry needs a serious overhaul.

Last edited:
Brilliant first post.
We’re on our way. ;)
It’ll happen again next update. However, next time:

”Yay! We finally got the Toyota GT-One! Been waiting for this car all my life! Wait, why is it in Gr.2?:confused::crazy:

(drum roll for the seven pages and ten threads of arguments about its performance numbers, videos and Google experts to around-the-loop explain why PD placed it there)
response to explanation: “Well, that’s plain dumb.”

(switch to complaining about the other cars in the update, no matter what they are)
”No one asked for those.“ “It’s a useless car.” “PD continue to drip feed content(always forgetting they posted the same comment for the past 22 months).”

Add, let’s say, eight members still guessing the wrong car, after the GTPlanet update article.
Add about three nonsensical threads that moderators will lock.
Add thirty new accounts to complain about the game.
Add myself posting another post like this.

Got this from the 5 star ticket on completing the Dodge Extra Menu. Didn't have it, so at 450k I made a cool 250k profit on my 200k for the Demon 👍 :D
View attachment 1322510
Well not to brag about it or to rub it on anyone’s face but the 6 stars ticket from the Nissan Racing collection gave me a 14’ FKX (!)
It has been a while since such a « valuable » reward.
Don’t have a screenshot but can provide if needed.
Decided to use a livery on the one I already own and to keep the no mileage one as cash pot in case of emergency LCD car grab 😅
And next the 5 stars tickets got me the Viper Gr3 wich I did not own at all funny it was reward from the dodge collection menu lol

Today was a good day 👌

Last edited:
It’s a glitch. Someone else has claimed two Genesis VGT.

For those that dislike VGTs, those who feel like PD’s resources are being sacrificed, if you’re a car lover, you’ve got to appreciate the process.

BEST POST IN THIS THREAD⬆️

What a beautiful video. These are people who are automotive artists

I don't generally love the vision vehicles (especially with PS VR2 since some of those cockpit views are really tough for me) but I have great respect for the creativity, thoughtfulness, and vision of the people who create them.

Last edited:
Not the greatest update as per general consensus, but here are my detailed thoughts:

- Genesis looks great and sounds great, but predictably drives like every other overpowered VGT. Fast in a straightline but no brakes and weird handling traits. How can you get wheelspin up to 4th gear with 4WD? The first 3 gears are basically useless. Also not sure what they mean by the aspiration being "Super Turbo". I thought it has a supercharger + turbocharger (like the Lancia Delta S4), but gt-wiki says it has an electric supercharger (basically using electric motor to feed more air into the engine instead of a traditional SC using power from the crank). Interesting but I cannot find this info in ANY of the official press releases about the car. I always assumed the electric motor drives the wheel like any other hybrid. Oh and only having 1 color to choose from is a bit disappointing (yes I know you can paint it yourself but it's not the same as having official colours).

- Bvlgari. Oh dear. Early access in gaming is cancer and should be Thanos snapped out of existence. I'm not even sure what is the incentive here? The watch is limited so it's not like loads more people are going to suddenly rush and buy more watches. Just give the watch owners the car for free and let the rest of us buy it for 1 million as usual. The car is already controversial enough, and now PD is just prolonging the wait time keeping it fresh in people's memories (and I bet fuelling more hate until next month). Alternatively they could use it as a loaner car for the last Nations Cup race. At least then people will get to drive it and find out if it's any fun.

- Jimny is cool but why do we get the underpowered kei car version? Being heavier than most kei cars it's unbelievably slow. A Fiat 500 or Beetle is slow but still interesting to drive because of it's rear heavy layout. This is just stable and slow, which makes it boring. At least the customization is cool and I look forward to people being creative with liveries.

- New races: I see they lowered the PP limit for VGT races so I cannot just blast through it with my Tomahawk S. Boo.

- Museum: the Genesis one is basically just about how many design awards they win :lol: Also if you think the VGT is unique, it shares a lot of similarities in the front with the Speedium Concept. Pagani - I wish PD would add more Zonda/Huayra variants. The problem with the museum in this game is it's like a teaser for something that never comes. PD obviously are aware many interesting cars exist, but we never get any of them in the updates.

- Engine swaps: the most interesting part of the update. I didn't expect 10 new ones. The V12 in XJ220 is really cool (harking back to the pre production concept). And I had a chuckle at the old Supra engine in the GR Supra. Oh and as someone posted above, the V10 Alphard will be the closest thing we have to getting the Renault Espace F1 back in GT :P

- Scapes: I'm not really feeling this month's selections. We already have lots of parking area backgrounds before. And turning the background vertical isn't exactly groundbreaking. There are still loads of interesting places in the world but I guess their exploration team needs a break (understandable).

- BOP update: not having the Mazda3 Gr.4 nerfed is just unacceptable at this point :grumpy: On the other hand Gr.3 is set for some major shakeup. Some much needed nerfs for the Genesis/BRZ/Supra/Ford GT but I cannot understand why BOTH Peugeots were nerfed? They were never metas.

I was looking forward to the addition of the LFA's colours for purchase in GT Auto, but that hasn't happened, it seems.
I checked and they have added some of them but not all. They also added colours from cars from the November update like Demon, Tesla, 190E and 400R. It seems like PD occasionally sneaks in new paint chips but forgot to include them in patch notes. I bought all chips already so I can quickly tell if they added any new ones.

Oh and the adjustment to Ocellus Teal is a weird one. There are 2 Astons with Ocellus Teal - DB11 has a metallic shade and the DP100 has a matte shade. From memory the chip used to have the matte shade but now it's been changed to metallic. I feel they should add both shades' chips and just label them metallic/matte to avoid confusion.

That's all folks. See you all next month for another mediocre update (keeping expectations low so I won't be disappointed :P).

Last edited:
RCZ wasn't the meta but the VGT was especially in Daytona
Yes but it's still not as good as the Ford GT LM though. And the Ford GT is viable in other high speed tracks as well. The Peugeot is only good for that one track and useless everywhere else. If anything they should give it a buff but it's hard because ever since GT Sport this car has always been a one trick top speed pony. Anyway, it won't make too much of a difference since most Peugeot drivers would just drive the RCZ for other tracks.

Are they running any faster overall race times, though? I think the fastest I ever saw was a 27:15 from Kokubun.

Anyway, I wonder how that will make the other rain races. Maybe they will be more competitive or even downright impossible, like the SF Fuji race or the Neoclassic race at RBR. Yikes, the Human Comedy mission at Tsukuba could be a real tough race now. It was already a tough one, but if the AI is faster in the rain...
The online players is would also be affected? Because rivals can also mean “the opponents I face” including players. In N24 in WF, it made no sense, the 12 cars remained very close because the leader had a much wetter track and a drier track behind and therefore artificially closer gaps

Really ? 😅

You have be at least a bit coherent, you explain that PD did something to appease their fans following the upset, then you say that if people did not complain it would have been better ?

wtf GIF
I think his point was that people could be more patient, and give PD time to continue improving the game.

We should understand that PD, like MANY other developers, have a schedule for the life of the game as this is standard operating procedure, especially for one meant to be a live service.

What's always lost on MANY of our community is that every addition to a game has to go through a relatively intense process before it can be implemented.

It's not like modders who can essentially add content to a game with no legal or SOP constraints.

I like to think about this game differently, because they've added what could have amounted to an additional $100-200 usd of content over the lifespan OF GT7, yet have not charged us one dime.

PD definitely has appreciation, and respect for their fans in that way.

So I'm absolutely delighted that with this new update, they've added some new factory paint chips. The main one for me is the Nissan Champion Blue!!! I've been trying for so long to create my own version of this Colour but never been happy with it but now that is no longer an issue, thanks PD 😊

Edit - also another classic facture paint chip, Porsche Guard Red!!!!!!! I'm delighted with this update because of 2 new paint chips 😊😊😂😂

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back