Gran Turismo Sport - fuel consumption list & tire usage

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 213 comments
What does this mean ? : @1 ~140km; @2 ~158km; @3 ~177km; @4 ~195km; @5 ~214km; @6 ~232km

What I understand is 232 km the max range of the car? But what does @1 @2 etc... mean?

You can increase your fuel economy by huge amounts just by short shifting.

Any experiments on that?

I could test it, but right now I am a bit busy. Maybe in a week or so... There are like 4 types of engines divided in two groups. Petrol natural aspirated, turbo charged and supercharged (although supercharger should work similar to NA) and diesel (all ingame are turbo).

So I'll performe few tests with this, but I really doubth that there will be difference between aspiration. More I see use of diesels to be short shifted since they have a lot of torque in low RPMs, and they don't suffer from poor acceleration in low RPMs.

Cheers...

Fuel Map consumption and power differences
@1 - 100% power/100% consumption
@2 - 95% power/91% consumption
@3 - 90% power/82% consumption
@4 - 85% power/74% consumption
@5 - 80% power/66% consumption
@6 - 75% power/57% consumption

If it matters: This is a square root dependence. power ratio = sqrt( consumption ratio )
calculating on, 75% power would result in 87% max speed (assuming air resistance F~v^2) which seems reasonable from my game experience. But this could also be tested!

Anyway, how do you know that @6 maps to 75% Power etc. - is this in the manual?

Anyway, how do you know that @6 maps to 75% Power etc. - is this in the manual?

You take a car with 100% power @ map 6, and let AI drive it around a track for few laps... Then ypu reduce power to 75% and set it @ map 1, and do the same thi g, there is almost no difference between lap times... But for 1% power difference lap times differe... Simple trial and error testing :)

You take a car with 100% power @ map 6, and let AI drive it around a track for few laps... Then ypu reduce power to 75% and set it @ map 1, and do the same thi g, there is almost no difference between lap times... But for 1% power difference lap times differe... Simple trial and error testing :)
Aha, wow, this was also concluded from test data. But you have not recorded the top speeds, have you?
As I'm a theorist, my prediction for top speeds @1,2,3,4,5,6 is: 100%, 97%, 95%, 92% 89.5% 86.5%
Dem Ingenieur is nix zu schwör...

I just came here (gtplanet) to ask if anyone can explain why many people are not pitting in in the Daily races now (10 laps) as I get the red advice to pit in at lap 9 at Autodromo something, however the top people (I'm about the middle) don't, although they maintain their leads.

I just came here (gtplanet) to ask if anyone can explain why many people are not pitting in in the Daily races now (10 laps) as I get the red advice to pit in at lap 9 at Autodromo something, however the top people (I'm about the middle) don't, although they maintain their leads.

short shifting and fuel mapping mate

Such an interesting job.. Thanks for putting the effort in.. At the end I think in most of group 3/4 scaling down to map 2/3 will affect more the fuel consumption than the power, thus will consent you to keep up a good lap time saving fuel for one less pit.

I love all this great info, awesome resource.

I recently stumbled into some weird differences while pitting, namely between the Porsche 991 and Corvette C7, the latter performing the same for the first 5 laps, yet not getting filled back up all the way and running out on the next 5 laps while the 991 could easily complete the 10 laps. The difference seems to come from the size of the fuel tank and only getting a max amount a fuel filled back up in the pits. You start with a full tank in the daily C race, however percentage wise smaller tanks fill faster while larger tanks might not get filled back up completely, which is what happened with the Corvette C7 on Bathurst last Sunday.

I did some testing to estimate fuel tank sizes by comparing the total fuel usage on the achievement page before and after a race while noting down the percentage drop. To get a bit of balance between time and fun, I race the Nurb 24h for 2 laps with 2x fuel use (doubles precision in the percentage counter) at full power to use as many liters as possible. I know you can estimate it as well in a lobby setting start fuel to for example 80 liters and checking the percentage at race start, yet I wanted to try all cars on Nurb 24h anyway. Plus then I don't need to find someone else to sit through race start after race start :)

So far I found a range of 90 liters to 130 liters for fuel tank sizes for GR3 cars:

McLaren 650 GTS 90l
BMW M6 GT3 100l
Porsche 991 110l
Volkswagen VGT 115l
Ford Mustang 120l
Peugeot VGT 120l
Mitshubishi Lancer Evo 120l
Toyota FT1 VGT 125l
BMW Z4 GT3 125l
Corvette C7 130l
Dodge Viper SRT 130l
Nissan GTR-R Nismo 130l
Volkswagen Beetle 130l
Hyundai Genesis 130l

That makes the McLaren the most fuel efficient so far (which it already was, what kind of engine does it have!)

Do you maybe already have this info? I'll keep estimating the fuel tank sizes of more GR3 cars then GR4, to find out which cars are actually the fastest with a single pit stop. Faster filling (percentage wise) saves a bit of time. Ofcourse estimating the effect of Bop still comes into play as well.

Glad I didn't spend the day measuring more fuel tank sizes

IMPORTANT
The fuel tank capacities of Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars have been unified. In addition, Fuel Consumption rates have also been adjusted.

I guess this means pit stop time is now the same for all cars when it comes to fuel, and I assume they mean the consumption rate has been adjusted to still have the same range with the unified tank size. Bit of a weird fix, but easier than changing the fuel flow rate and max fuel for each car during pit stops to make things even. Or maybe the manufacturers were not happy with reverse engineering the actual mileage :)

Glad I didn't spend the day measuring more fuel tank sizes

IMPORTANT
The fuel tank capacities of Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars have been unified. In addition, Fuel Consumption rates have also been adjusted.

I guess this means pit stop time is now the same for all cars when it comes to fuel, and I assume they mean the consumption rate has been adjusted to still have the same range with the unified tank size. Bit of a weird fix, but easier than changing the fuel flow rate and max fuel for each car during pit stops to make things even. Or maybe the manufacturers were not happy with reverse engineering the actual mileage :)

Yeah looks like a really good update that will make things much more fair overall.

It's pretty massive on the first test I tried.

Last night I was doing 7 laps with the Peugeot 908 on engine mode 6 around Blue Moon Bay 2 with a generous amount of lifting. Now I can manage 13 laps doing the same thing.

Redone Gr.1 and Gr.3, tomorrow Gr.4 and these 10 new cars then I'll update all charts tomorrow... Gr.3 is really impressive now...

Really looking forward to this!
Thanks again for taking the time to do this. :bowdown:👍

Nissan, Hyundai and Lexus for Gr.3. Viper is dead...
Mitsubishi, Peugeot and Mazda for Gr.4. VW and Ferrari lost their advantage...

Unlikely to see me do no-pit races in the GT-R anymore haha

...seems that when refueling, fuel rate at which fuel flows into tank varies from car to car, and every time from 0 to 100% it goes in ~16 seconds (I know they unified fuel tanks for Gr.1, Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, but not every N car has 100l of fuel tank). Would rather have values in liters (galons) then in percentage when refueling, don't mind UI.

So they didn't really unify anything, just increased all cars by some multiple? I'm happy about that as fuel capacity adds another layer of strategy but I'm not sure I get the logic of some of these boosts. For example, the Gr4 Viper was already low tier butit received a small 1.38x increase. And the Gr4 Lancer was already high tier but it received a massive 1.54x increase.

So are you happy when they draw elements of realism from the game? I would prefer to be able to choose the amount of fuel and the type of tire to have a more diversified racing strategy..

Excellent work! It must've taken ages to gather all this data, thank you for posting this for everyone!

I tested fuel consumption figures a couple months ago. Based on my testing, it seems that the Fuel Mixture setting reduces power by 4% per step, not 5%. Maybe that's been changed in an update since then. But the mileage data on every car is really good to have!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ings-and-other-fuel-saving-techniques.369387/

Quick question.

Do road cars have the same fuel tank size then now?

Does anyone have a list of fuel tank size for the N classes?

Thanks

It is said that only gr1, 3 and 4 will be fixed to same amount...

Edit: I just took the Cobra and the 458 road around dragon trail for a few laps until I run out of fuel.

I then pitted and for both the amount of liters during the re-fuel was 99 to go back to full tank.

Unless I am doing something wrong, it would seem strange to me that they would have the same fuel tank capacity.

Back