Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Sorry, I know this won't help you much.

But in Australia there are 2 large retailers that are probably best for buying games.
EB Games and JB HiFi.
Quite often one will have an exclusive edition, and the other store will have something else.

For Project Cars 2, I pre-ordered through JB HiFi because they exclusively had the Deluxe Edition.
(Cheapest way to get both the Season Pass and Japanese pack)

For GTSport, you can only get the Collectors Edition through EB games. (sold out now, at least in my state).
But JB HiFi have the Steelbook Edition.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-con...an-turismo-gt-sport-steelbook-edition/963450/

I'm surprised to hear it isn't a similar situation in other countries.

As for wheel support, there is no official list as yet.

I'm very sadly about this and surprised too... It's just Russia effect. We usually behind all over the world.
I asking 3 big chains stores and few internet shops in my country - nobody selling Steelbook edition. Standard and Collector's - ok, somebody selling, but not Steelbook :boggled::banghead:

There is a 2 variants:
1. Preorder standard and play in release day
2. Preorder Steelbook on Amazon UK with quick delivery and play around ~4-5 days after release.

Now i think more about first variant... what would you on my place?

Last edited:
I'm very sadly about this and surprised too... It's just Russia effect. We usually behind all over the world.
I asking 3 big chains stores and few internet shops in my country - nobody selling Steelbook edition. Standard and Collector's - ok, somebody selling, but not Steelbook :boggled::banghead:

There is a 2 variants:
2. Preorder Steelbook on Amazon UK with quick delivery and play around ~4-5 days after release.

Buy both games if you’re a true GT fan! Just kidding but it’s a question of short term vs long term value... It’s up to you! Can you wait while everyone is playing?

So how do the pre-order/special edition cars work? Are they just early unlocks or are they exclusive to those editions?

So how do the pre-order/special edition cars work? Are they just early unlocks or are they exclusive to those editions?
No exclusive cars are indicated so I'd say early unlocks. It would be madness to lock cars behind exclusively deals given the small number of cars. The livery editor items looks like these will be paid DLC to me.

Buy both games if you’re a true GT fan! Just kidding but it’s a question of short term vs long term value... It’s up to you! Can you wait while everyone is playing?
Good idea about buying 2 editions =))
Phisically i can wait... but it's really hard, it's like trial :ouch: And maybe in time, when i'm waiting, PD will create unique event... So i keep in mind first variant :rolleyes:

No exclusive cars are indicated so I'd say early unlocks. It would be madness to lock cars behind exclusively deals given the small number of cars. The livery editor items looks like these will be paid DLC to me.

Yeah, that's what I figured with 10% of the cars being some kind of extra bonuses, but you never know with the way the gaming industry works these days. I'm not fussed about the livery editor stuff. I'm not going to play around with it too much, only download other people's work and you can import decals anyway.

There is a 2 variants:

I had the Steelbook from Amazon UK on pre-order months ago for just £53 I think it was. But, since then I've upgrade to a PS4 Pro with upgraded internal drive and also got an external hard drive attached, so lately I'm doing what they want people to do and going digital with most stuff. Sure, you usually pay a bit of a premium but for me the benefits far outweigh that:
  • Ability to pre-load it 48 hours in advance
  • Pre-orders usually come with a good amount of bonuses still
  • Can pay at the last minute if you really want to
  • Knowledge that I'll definitely be able to play it from midnight on launch
  • No need to mess about swapping media
  • Performance gains from use of fast drives
I get that people like to collect though, but all I'm bothered about is playing the game as quickly and conveniently as possible!

W O W!
I just can not believe how Dragon Trail Seaside has changed over time since the BETA.
Have a look at this and look at the graphics and the detail!
i1ZQEA5smS19zz.jpg

W O W!
I just can not believe how Dragon Trail Seaside has changed over time since the BETA.
Have a look at this and look at the graphics and the detail!
View attachment 677202

It reminds me of Tahiti Maze, and certainly looks to have a lot of character. It'll be interesting to see if they've refined it any further from here. It's all coming together.

just because you don't think it's 4 months old doesn't change the fact that the screenshot is in fact, 4 months old

It also doesn't change the fact that it's an interesting image which many people (myself included) hadn't seen.

Hi there.Appologies if its been asked already but will there be a pre load window for the digital version before the actual release date,like microsoft do?
I preordered the deluxe edition from the psn store and being my first digital pre order from the store itself i was hoping to have it installed and ready to go on release day.
Many thanks

Andy

Hi there.Appologies if its been asked already but will there be a pre load window for the digital version before the actual release date,like microsoft do?
I preordered the deluxe edition from the psn store and being my first digital pre order from the store itself i was hoping to have it installed and ready to go on release day.
Many thanks

Andy
Every game I've pre ordered from the PSN has downloaded a couple of days ahead of release day recently.

It should say it will do that in the text you can read about the game on the game page on the PSN.

Just had another look on the psn page,all it says is this bundle is expected to be available in 14 days on 18/10/2017.Doesnt say the size of the download either

Andy

So, you're saying his reaction was from a placebo? Interesting. Would never have thought GT could cause that.

When you shill a game so hard that you name your account after it (and even call yourself the “Official GTSport Page” on Instagram, anything is possible.

Just had another look on the psn page,all it says is this bundle is expected to be available in 14 days on 18/10/2017.Doesnt say the size of the download either

Andy

IIRC, every game unlocks for preload 2 days before release, even though it doesn’t say it on the store. We should learn the size of the game at some point in the next 10 days.

When you shill a game so hard that you name your account after it (and even call yourself the “Official GTSport Page” on Instagram, anything is possible.

IIRC, every game unlocks for preload 2 days before release, even though it doesn’t say it on the store. We should learn the size of the game at some point in the next 10 days.
Thats good to know,like i said ive never pre ordered a digital game from psn so this is a little new to me.

Andy

6. October
Is that an official GT Sport presentation or more of a personal appearance?

Whether rain is in or not at launch, we still need details on the full car and track list, and complete details on all track conditions, including fog. I assume this will all be revealed in either a press presentation or a comprehensive PlayStation Blog post.

Hi can anyone help me ive been trying to find out some info on controls and menus for it, I have a wheel which is slightly broken the brake pedal dosent work, I will be getting a new one but not until Xmas time, my question is can i remap brake accelerate to other buttons, for example atm on f1 2017 i remapped brake to a wheel button which I’ve adapted to well, is it or will it be possible to remap brake/accelerate on gt sport?

Hi can anyone help me ive been trying to find out some info on controls and menus for it, I have a wheel which is slightly broken the brake pedal dosent work, I will be getting a new one but not until Xmas time, my question is can i remap brake accelerate to other buttons, for example atm on f1 2017 i remapped brake to a wheel button which I’ve adapted to well, is it or will it be possible to remap brake/accelerate on gt sport?
I don't remember if you can or not in the custom wheel setting
But if you can't, you can play with your wheel and for braking use your DS4, it is not confortable but try to fix it somewhere.

Back