Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Hi can anyone help me ive been trying to find out some info on controls and menus for it, I have a wheel which is slightly broken the brake pedal dosent work, I will be getting a new one but not until Xmas time, my question is can i remap brake accelerate to other buttons, for example atm on f1 2017 i remapped brake to a wheel button which I’ve adapted to well, is it or will it be possible to remap brake/accelerate on gt sport?

I think that you can remap the buttons in console's setting, but they will remain like that for every game. You have to change them every time, or it may have some profile slots to save them.

Yeah but if I don't want to, there's no career mode so no point buying it = GT Sport total price is not £46 but £96?!!
And what if i alread have a ps plus subscription?

Also, there isnt a career mode but there is a campaign mode, as well as an arcade mode, a VR mode, scapes and so on...

Hi can anyone help me ive been trying to find out some info on controls and menus for it, I have a wheel which is slightly broken the brake pedal dosent work, I will be getting a new one but not until Xmas time, my question is can i remap brake accelerate to other buttons, for example atm on f1 2017 i remapped brake to a wheel button which I’ve adapted to well, is it or will it be possible to remap brake/accelerate on gt sport?

From what I've seen in the BETA, you were able to remap controls so it should be the same case for the full game. Good thing you got the Demo next week to try and experiment with that.

And what if i alread have a ps plus subscription?

Also, there isnt a career mode but there is a campaign mode, as well as an arcade mode, a VR mode, scapes and so on...

Good for you, but many ppl don't and I'm looking at it from their perspective.

No offence but campaign mode is glorified driving school, don't have a PS VR and not planning on buying, I wanted game to race cars not to take nice pictures of them...

It just dawned on me, to play GT Sport, every player will have to fork out additional money for PS Plus subscription...!!?

I understand not everyone wants to play online but come on bro it's almost 2018 it's not 1997...

Look at GTA Online and how much content as been added to Online 4 years old and still going strong 29 updates!!

I hope PD have taken note of how well Rockstar Games have done with GTA Online and offer a similar system grind or pay

As much as I HATE microtransactions it's what's keeping GTA alive, PD could do the same and build GTS into GT7

All games today are "pay to play" years ago everything came on the disc times have changed I hate it as much as you but you better get used to it because more is coming lol long as new cars and tracks will be added monthly i'll be happy

Last edited:
Good for you, but many ppl don't and I'm looking at it from their perspective.

No offence but campaign mode is glorified driving school, don't have a PS VR and not planning on buying, I wanted game to race cars not to take nice pictures of them...
Looks like this is not the game for you then. It has been known since Copper Box what the focus of the game was. It was just what they would do for everyone else.

It doesn't appear to be much. The demo version is going to run from 9th to 12th October. See what it has for you at this point.

Looks like a presentation. Is there anything new? It is ended can't watch the stream anymore.

Edit : Nvm I already watched it on my Twitter app and it seems Kaz were given something. A picture of a circuit?

Screenshot_20171005-175639.jpg

Screenshot_20171005-175745.jpg

Screenshot_20171005-175752.jpg

Last edited:
I understand not everyone wants to play online but come on bro it's almost 2018 it's not 1997...

Look at GTA Online and how much content as been added to Online 4 years old and still going strong 29 updates!!

I hope PD have taken note of how well Rockstar Games have done with GTA Online and offer a similar system grind or pay

As much as I HATE microtransactions it's what's keeping GTA alive, PD could do the same and build GTS into GT7

All games today are "pay to play" years ago everything came on the disc times have changed I hate it as much as you but you better get used to it because more is coming lol long as new cars and tracks will be added monthly i'll be happy

Looks like this is not the game for you then. It has been known since Copper Box what the focus of the game was. It was just what they would do for everyone else.

It doesn't appear to be much. The demo version is going to run from 9th to 12th October. See what it has for you at this point.

I understand and thanks to demo, I'm back considering purchase. See how it works and make up my mind.
I'm not trying to say it's going to be horrible, it's just that I've been playing games for 30 years now and I've never been online gaming fan.

It's probably more about me being insecure about my skills rather than anything else ;)

I hope this is not the direction GT will go in the future. I want my GT4 missions back, my GT2 amount of races back, my GT5 used car randomizer and course maker back.

I literally don't care about competing against aliens and people who have all the time in the world to invest in a single game. It's going to end up like CoD where if you're casual, you will get destroyed every single race.

What would be cool is if you could do things like Sunday Cup or Clubman Cup against real people instead of AI. I wouldn't mind that, as long as there is the option to race against AI if wanted.

I literally don't care about competing against aliens and people who have all the time in the world to invest in a single game. It's going to end up like CoD where if you're casual, you will get destroyed every single race.
The whole point of the liscence system of the game is to match you up with people who are of similar speed to you. :)

You also have to remember that its okay to not win every race when you are up against real players, you should be just looking for fun racing against your equals.

The whole point of the liscence system of the game is to match you up with people who are of similar speed to you. :)

You also have to remember that its okay to not win every race when you are up against real players, you should be just looking for fun racing against your equals.

While I agree 100% (And I'm slow as **** but love competing with others) I get the impression his mind is set on not wanting to be a part of online racing at all.

I'm with you @chris4652009, I'm not the fastest, but I went to some meticulously organised LAN parties hosted by someone whose tag is Ryoken, he would set a time for a lap on a particular circuit and then you would have to find a car that you could get as close to that time without going under... there is some honesty involved here... once that was done we would race, clearly the better drivers would have a consistency advantage, but he seemed to have a method for working out multiple laps and then he would allocate a time to some of us less consistent drivers... once that was done, the races were amazingly close and exciting.

I hope something like that will be available for friends in private lobbies in Gran Turismo Sport, but I believe that because the car selection is very specific and the way they are grouped there will essentially be bands of times available and not a continuous gradient, (if that makes any sense to anyone).

Will there be the ability to tune or de-tune the cars to break out of those bands and create similarly timed laps in different class cars by people of different skill levels?

While I agree 100% (And I'm slow as **** but love competing with others) I get the impression his mind is set on not wanting to be a part of online racing at all.
Yeah I'm not a fast driver either :lol:. I only recently bought myself a T300rs with all my saved up money, and I really just want to have fun driving and learning how to use this thing!

It does not work that way. In matchmaking games, you will have a skill index (gamers usually call it MMR) and you will meet peoples based on similar/slight lower/slight higher skill index with you.

Everyone will start with 0 skill index -- or in GT Sport: Driver Class D.

When you in race, just drive good and fair. If you win and/or drive fair, your Driver Class eventually will raise along with your Sportsmanship Points.

We may seeing imperfections from this GTS rating system because there a no better judgment system other than by real humans -- not a simply collisions calculations from certain conditions.

One thing for sure, the game will not matchmake you, Driver Class D, with Driver Class A or S straight from the box. Obviously you will matched with Driver Class R, D or C.

I understand and thanks to demo, I'm back considering purchase. See how it works and make up my mind.
I'm not trying to say it's going to be horrible, it's just that I've been playing games for 30 years now and I've never been online gaming fan.

It's probably more about me being insecure about my skills rather than anything else ;)

My first online gaming experience was on GT5 I made almost all my friends that I even play with today on that game...

You can create your own online lobby make up your own rules I used to run Nurburgring track days host the lobby for sometimes 12 hours and not start the race once lol

So does this video mean GT Sport dropped the N300 class entirely? Is it linked to Lotus being removed in past demo builds prior to the beta?

It’s probably just not in the build. Notice that you can’t pick the GT3 RS or the Hellcat Charger, which have been in builds before the current ones.

Back