Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
To be honest that could mean fog.
Even foggy or dusty conditions done to a high standard would be a huge plus. We've seen nice particle effects in games, but they struggle with full conditions. It tends to just look like the colour tone and viewing distance is altered.

If PD do deliver full fog effects I can't see it being much more taxing to have rain spray.

So now they have PD-made road cars based off of the PD-made race cars based off of the real-life road cars which are also in the game? That is so confusing... I mean, it seems like they are going to be duplicates of the real road cars. I gave the PD-made Gr. 4 and Gr.3 cars a pass because they were made for racing, same as real GT4 and GT3 cars, but this is ridiculous. To be fair, PD did something similar with the Honda NSX-R Prototype back in GT4, but still, just... why? :odd:

So now they have PD-made road cars based off of the PD-made race cars based off of the real-life road cars which are also in the game? That is so confusing... I mean, it seems like they are going to be duplicates of the real road cars. I gave the PD-made Gr. 4 and Gr.3 cars a pass because they were made for racing, same as real GT4 and GT3 cars, but this is ridiculous. To be fair, PD did something similar with the Honda NSX-R Prototype back in GT4, but still, just... why? :odd:

They look like the definition of a duplicate. Exterior of the Gr.3 cars + interior of the road legal cars we already knew.

I don't see a difference between these and the Gr.3 ones besides the interior and maybe the tires/wheels, since liveries can be created for both of them.

More cars for the list. At least they look good. :D

With the class based racing the more options within a class the better I guess, both Group 4 and 3 have very strong rosters.

They look like the definition of a duplicate. Exterior of the Gr.3 cars + interior of the road legal cars we already knew.

I don't see a difference between these and the Gr.3 ones besides the interior and maybe the tires/wheels, since liveries can be created for both of them.

More cars for the list. At least they look good. :D

They also lack rear wings and canards, probably have road tires by default, probably are more similar in weight to their road car counterparts, probably have softer suspension, non-race gearboxes etc.

They're classed as road cars so they're certainly not going to drive anything like the race cars they're based on. More supercar than race car.

710205dfddd26155e836c24c2aaab29b.gif

I can't stop laughing at this.

I hope this is not the direction GT will go in the future. I want my GT4 missions back, my GT2 amount of races back, my GT5 used car randomizer and course maker back.

I literally don't care about competing against aliens and people who have all the time in the world to invest in a single game. It's going to end up like CoD where if you're casual, you will get destroyed every single race.

What would be cool is if you could do things like Sunday Cup or Clubman Cup against real people instead of AI. I wouldn't mind that, as long as there is the option to race against AI if wanted.

IIRC part of the Driving School thing was doing races like that against others. Arcade mode seems to have been overhauled too.

GT Sport Duel of the Week coming Monday the 23rd. There's that too.

Kudos to PD. I've been very vocal about the lack of quality with awful looking cars and tracks in the PS3 era. Everything looks top of the class quality this time around. I'm in the quality>quantity camp. No loot crate 🤬 to ruin this as well. You done good this time around PD.

The recent announcements please me greatly as it shows we are getting cars from '16/'17. Unless you are talking about real classics, it's pretty uninspiring driving around in race cars from 4-5yrs ago. With the livery editor it also gives us a great opportunity to create contemporary race liveries. Even for road cars the ability to create subtle liveries will add a whole new dimension to the game.

Screenshot_20171005-235703-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20171005-235546-picsay.jpg

Kudos to PD. I've been very vocal about the lack of quality with awful looking cars and tracks in the PS3 era. Everything looks top of the class quality this time around. I'm in the quality>quantity camp. No loot crate 🤬 to ruin this as well. You done good this time around PD.

Nah, they're just waiting until launch day to reveal the loot crates. 👍

Thank heavens GTP has expanded to cover more than Gran Turismo. I've been into the genre for 30+ years. Despite a popularity rise, never has the racing genre seen so much mediocre work from so many studio's. After a recent post about the broken state (IMHO) of what Kaz is about to release on Facebook, never was I so convinced of the neglect that fans feel they've suffered in his hands. GTS is basically GT7, Kaz has said so. I fail to see a benefit to the franchise, with so many walking away from GT after version 4. He's gone from one extreme to another. Too much content that fans who helped build his franchise told him was too similar (queue the Miata), to virtually no content in GTS. I love the genre, I'm a one-trick pony. I don't just buy Gran Turismo.

I didn't purchase Forza 5, because the qty of content was abysmal IMHO. Yet Kaz seems happy at launch to seemingly deliver a Prologue title, with regards to track count. GTS has just 10 real track venues. Ten, why? This is a race game with a FIA stamp. I'd be crawling up the wall within 3 months of driving the same tracks over. Forza 5 was short on tracks. But even that had 13 venues, it wasn't anywhere near enough. It's not like we even love every track included right? It seems to me now that dev's care as much about forcing us to pause the game, stop the driving, and focus on manufacturer history, or taking photographs. Sure, these are popular modern features for people. But at the expense of tracks to bloody drive on? Seriously? Kaz has lost the plot. This "simulate everything" has ruined GT. Listen, I completely get and appreciate that "he plans" to expand the cars to 500 or so in future years. How is that going to help anyone who becomes bored silly in 3 months of lapping? Why do we buy DLC? To build our interest. It's primarily to expand our enjoyment right. Sure, I see the point to build something well, and in doing that - you'll have less resources with which to add a greater number of cars. I think we all hated the GT cars which had 50p wheel arches right. But, how many of the cars are real life versions? There are 20+ vision GT cars. Then remove the cars that are "imaginary" race cars, that don't exist in competition either, and what are we left with? I love Subaru, but the Rally car for example - isn't even the real rally car. I don't need to expand on this further, I think you see my point.

Sure, as something we could create ourselves within the game - like a hybrid, a race car which doesn't exist has value. Buy it, tune it, add a kit, spoilers and wheels - sure. But this is being marketed as a race product, ships with under 180 cars, but only like 70% exist in real life. I repeat what I said earlier, Kaz has dropped whacky tobacco in his herbal tea. If this was priced similarly to a Prologue title, I could kind of see better value. I'm not even going to touch on the subject of whether Kaz can be relied upon to "deliver on his promises", we all have valid opinions on that. Am I being negative? No of course I'm bloody not, this crap is the truth. GTS is broken. Why? Well, it has split his own community to a large degree for starters - and no I'm not talking about GTP members opinions. Let's be honest with each other ok, this "not listening to fans" of the GT franchise isn't a new thing is it. Which is why people didn't buy 5, and then 6. Gran Turismo 6 had 14 real world locations, how is going backwards progress. Because HDR and photo mode is more important? Because the "new rebuilt physics" is 400% better than the previous physics model, which of course it is not. When a racing game, regardless of FIA endorsement, cares so little about content - and more about features that some may, or may not use, it's a sorry time for the genre. I get that this adds value for some, I'm happy for that. But at the expense of just 10 real world locations?

To build a title in 2017 that does not even support wet or damp weather racing is just plain stupidity as a missing option. Why was this missed out? Because the cars are future proof for the next 10 years, and each take over 6 months to create. Seriously. When the stitching on a seat - is more important than the enjoyment of content, and the actual lapping on track - then no wonder so many have abandoned hope for the franchise. I cancelled my pre-order. No way am I paying again for the "promise" of a better game, for features that may or may not ever come. The cars still have too much grip, the tyres and suspension work is dated, despite the rebuild. The rest I won't much comment on, because in the main - a racing game, is about racing. It matters, or should matter more - about tyres meeting the road surface. The state that GTS will appear in at launch, was completely avoidable. The team was too small. It wasted too long obsessing over details that do not keep us excited for more time spent lapping over and over. There are features I'm pleased for, not just for me - but for you guys. But, the reality is, this is way too little, way too late. This is a very small game, which will get boring quickly. It's the main reason I cancelled my order, then went on to sell my 4Pro. Which ironically I only bought in readiness for GTS. Cheers Kaz.

I've not counted, but surely there has to be under around 100 real road/race cars in GTS day one? Like I said before, we all have favourites right? It's not like all of us will be dying to drive and enjoy every single car in the game, which devalues the small amount of content for me still further. One of the bad turning points for me was unrealistic cars in GT, the Vision cars. Racing GT machines with these on track is not something I want to see. I'd rather have a button that allows me to ignore their very existence in the game altogether tbh. Kaz isn't the only one breaking franchises for sure, but I really feel these are sad times regardless. I'd love to see just how far sales spiral down for this version compared to previous GT titles. For as many of you are excited, there are a growing number of those adding themselves to the list of people walking away in sheer frustration. When is Kaz even going to tell those who buy the title, when you'll be able to start driving fresh new tracks? I can't support the mess that GTS will be day one, for me it's a non starter. The only saving grace is, that next year more new stuff will land on the market, so from that view point it takes the sting out of not liking what he's done with the GT franchise. The great thing is, we all get to choose, we all have different opinions - and that's cool too. But we can also vote with our feet. I think it's the only way our voices will really be heard. You guys who are looking forward to racing online, will be missing a huge number of players who, like me, aren't committing to GTS either. That's not a positive for anyone who likes the driving genre. There aren't enough of us to start with.

Just my views people, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm gutted tbh.

Recap:

24 New cars / models revealed today:
  • Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car - N 500
  • Alpine Vision Gran Turismo 2017 - Gr.1
  • Aston Martin Vulcan - Gr.X
  • BMW M4 Gr.4 - Gr. 4
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car - N 500
  • DAIHATSU COPEN RJ Vision Gran Turismo - Gr.X
  • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car - N 500
  • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter - Gr.X
  • Honda Project 2&4 powered by RC213V - Gr.X
  • Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo - Gr.X
  • Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) - Gr.3
  • Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package - N 200
  • Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car - N 500
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car - N 500
  • Nissan GT-R Safety Car - Gr.X
  • Peugeot L500R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017 - Gr.X
  • Peugeot L750R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017 - Gr.1
  • PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) - Gr.3
  • Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car - N 500
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport - Gr.4
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) - Gr.1
  • Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car - N 500
  • Toyota 86 - Gr.B Rally
  • Toyota TS050 - Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) - Gr.1

2 cars missing from previous list:

• Lotus Evora, 2009
  • Lotus Elise, 2011 (?)
All these new vehicles? I thought the car list was said and done! Holy crap. I didn't think the 919 would even make it in! Today is a good day.

We all knew it was coming but I'm desperate to try this track out.

Thank heavens GTP has expanded to cover more than Gran Turismo. I've been into the genre for 30+ years. Despite a popularity rise, never has the racing genre seen so much mediocre work from so many studio's. After a recent post about the broken state (IMHO) of what Kaz is about to release on Facebook, never was I so convinced of the neglect that fans feel they've suffered in his hands. GTS is basically GT7, Kaz has said so. I fail to see a benefit to the franchise, with so many walking away from GT after version 4. He's gone from one extreme to another. Too much content that fans who helped build his franchise told him was too similar (queue the Miata), to virtually no content in GTS. I love the genre, I'm a one-trick pony. I don't just buy Gran Turismo.

I didn't purchase Forza 5, because the qty of content was abysmal IMHO. Yet Kaz seems happy at launch to seemingly deliver a Prologue title, with regards to track count. GTS has just 10 real track venues. Ten, why? This is a race game with a FIA stamp. I'd be crawling up the wall within 3 months of driving the same tracks over. Forza 5 was short on tracks. But even that had 13 venues, it wasn't anywhere near enough. It's not like we even love every track included right? It seems to me now that dev's care as much about forcing us to pause the game, stop the driving, and focus on manufacturer history, or taking photographs. Sure, these are popular modern features for people. But at the expense of tracks to bloody drive on? Seriously? Kaz has lost the plot. This "simulate everything" has ruined GT. Listen, I completely get and appreciate that "he plans" to expand the cars to 500 or so in future years. How is that going to help anyone who becomes bored silly in 3 months of lapping? Why do we buy DLC? To build our interest. It's primarily to expand our enjoyment right. Sure, I see the point to build something well, and in doing that - you'll have less resources with which to add a greater number of cars. I think we all hated the GT cars which had 50p wheel arches right. But, how many of the cars are real life versions? There are 20+ vision GT cars. Then remove the cars that are "imaginary" race cars, that don't exist in competition either, and what are we left with? I love Subaru, but the Rally car for example - isn't even the real rally car. I don't need to expand on this further, I think you see my point.

Sure, as something we could create ourselves within the game - like a hybrid, a race car which doesn't exist has value. Buy it, tune it, add a kit, spoilers and wheels - sure. But this is being marketed as a race product, ships with under 180 cars, but only like 70% exist in real life. I repeat what I said earlier, Kaz has dropped whacky tobacco in his herbal tea. If this was priced similarly to a Prologue title, I could kind of see better value. I'm not even going to touch on the subject of whether Kaz can be relied upon to "deliver on his promises", we all have valid opinions on that. Am I being negative? No of course I'm bloody not, this crap is the truth. GTS is broken. Why? Well, it has split his own community to a large degree for starters - and no I'm not talking about GTP members opinions. Let's be honest with each other ok, this "not listening to fans" of the GT franchise isn't a new thing is it. Which is why people didn't buy 5, and then 6. Gran Turismo 6 had 14 real world locations, how is going backwards progress. Because HDR and photo mode is more important? Because the "new rebuilt physics" is 400% better than the previous physics model, which of course it is not. When a racing game, regardless of FIA endorsement, cares so little about content - and more about features that some may, or may not use, it's a sorry time for the genre. I get that this adds value for some, I'm happy for that. But at the expense of just 10 real world locations?

To build a title in 2017 that does not even support wet or damp weather racing is just plain stupidity as a missing option. Why was this missed out? Because the cars are future proof for the next 10 years, and each take over 6 months to create. Seriously. When the stitching on a seat - is more important than the enjoyment of content, and the actual lapping on track - then no wonder so many have abandoned hope for the franchise. I cancelled my pre-order. No way am I paying again for the "promise" of a better game, for features that may or may not ever come. The cars still have too much grip, the tyres and suspension work is dated, despite the rebuild. The rest I won't much comment on, because in the main - a racing game, is about racing. It matters, or should matter more - about tyres meeting the road surface. The state that GTS will appear in at launch, was completely avoidable. The team was too small. It wasted too long obsessing over details that do not keep us excited for more time spent lapping over and over. There are features I'm pleased for, not just for me - but for you guys. But, the reality is, this is way too little, way too late. This is a very small game, which will get boring quickly. It's the main reason I cancelled my order, then went on to sell my 4Pro. Which ironically I only bought in readiness for GTS. Cheers Kaz.

I've not counted, but surely there has to be under around 100 real road/race cars in GTS day one? Like I said before, we all have favourites right? It's not like all of us will be dying to drive and enjoy every single car in the game, which devalues the small amount of content for me still further. One of the bad turning points for me was unrealistic cars in GT, the Vision cars. Racing GT machines with these on track is not something I want to see. I'd rather have a button that allows me to ignore their very existence in the game altogether tbh. Kaz isn't the only one breaking franchises for sure, but I really feel these are sad times regardless. I'd love to see just how far sales spiral down for this version compared to previous GT titles. For as many of you are excited, there are a growing number of those adding themselves to the list of people walking away in sheer frustration. When is Kaz even going to tell those who buy the title, when you'll be able to start driving fresh new tracks? I can't support the mess that GTS will be day one, for me it's a non starter. The only saving grace is, that next year more new stuff will land on the market, so from that view point it takes the sting out of not liking what he's done with the GT franchise. The great thing is, we all get to choose, we all have different opinions - and that's cool too. But we can also vote with our feet. I think it's the only way our voices will really be heard. You guys who are looking forward to racing online, will be missing a huge number of players who, like me, aren't committing to GTS either. That's not a positive for anyone who likes the driving genre. There aren't enough of us to start with.

Just my views people, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm gutted tbh.
Shouldn't this have been posted in the Epic Whining/Crying thread?

And still don't see why VGT's are so hated. Them not being real doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

And still don't see why VGT's are so hated. Them not being real doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

Fair point, more when people celebrate for fictional cars as the warhog or the hot wheels expansion on Forza, but well, that it is not a point here as it is GTS general disucssion, so :P

"The Real Driving Simulator" :)

I don't hate the VGT cars (well, some of them are pointless and boring, others not) but I would be more positive about the VGT project if more real classics and road cars were included ingame. The % of VGT and their variations is just too high, especially when those cars were not modelled by PD - most certainly - but by the manufacturers.

Fair point, more when people celebrate for fictional cars as the warhog or the hot wheels expansion on Forza, but well, that it is not a point here as it is GTS general disucssion, so :P
Hey I don't care about them that much...

"The Real Driving Simulator" :)

I don't hate the VGT cars (well, some of them are pointless and boring, others not) but I would be more positive about the VGT project if more real classics and road cars were included ingame. The % of VGT and their variations is just too high, especially when those cars were not modelled by PD - most certainly - but by the manufacturers.
Mate, we all know, heck, maybe even PD knows that the "Real Driving Simulator" slogan doesn't hold much weight anymore. And most of the VGT's, excluding the Tomohawk and 2x, can probably be made built today. Not mass produced but built as a one off.

There are plenty driving games on the market to cater for all tastes. I see certain other games altering their entire game structure to encourage the use of loot boxes, moving to reviewer friendly 'simcade' physics, and passing off a string of 3 lap crashfests as campaigns. At the other extreme we see a full sim focus, but riddled with bugs and controller issues.

There's something for everyone. I'm pleased GT Sport's focus is on creating better drivers, real competition, and doubling down on quality cars and tracks. In this day and age content will always be added post release. I'ts the base game and driving experience that keeps people coming back.

Back