Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
Seems Interlagos but this is outside the normal circuit, isn't it?

It's where the pit lane exits back onto the track.

interlagos1.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-23....5DymhP3Q2uK2MdJqMuog!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?dcr=0

Agree, they are great fun in AC and you can't on AC actually set them up as races, so it makes for a much more relaxed experience.

I just hope that PD include the car park as AC does.

This is it in AC in case anyone is not aware of how it works.

Always wondered how they handled the end of the lap. Does the car stop automatically like in your video or do you have the option to keep on track? But yeah that looks awesome. PD have that pit area fully modeled so it should be like that.

I do hope there is a track day mode. As in we can view the replay afterwards.

Always wondered how they handled the end of the lap. Does the car stop automatically like in your video or do you have the option to keep on track? But yeah that looks awesome. PD have that pit area fully modeled so it should be like that.

I do hope there is a track day mode. As in we can view the replay afterwards.
At the end of the lap you get to pull back into the same car park you started in. Then you can start all over again.

I disagree with this ghosting is not realiticszz!!
Neither is someone purposely stopping at the exit point of the parking lot so you can't get on the track. I'd rather have ghosting in that particular circumstance. Your preference may vary.

uhh it is a moment to premiere and i am absolutely flabbergasted with GTS.

Kaz is like out of touch with reality. GT5 while it had some problems was huge progress for whole series with its TOD on some tracks, visual and mechanical damage (though added in patch). Bit to "clean" but amazing track creator !! Meaty as hell campaign, robust online (for the first time to boot) , good model for weekly challenges and massive upgrade to physic system that put GT clearly in basket of racing sim.

GT6 felt like GT5+. Upgrade over GT5 (though i found used cars system removal huge - for me)

Now GTS is like PD took all criticism of GT5/6 read literally end of that list and did some warped logic on other points.

17 tracks, barely 100 cars if not less, GT PSP campaign which was horrible, no TOD, we didn't even see weather at all (probably will be on 2 or 3 tracks judging by rest of game design), no upgrade system which was staple of series which everyone loved and focus on online and e-sports in age that 95% of games focused on online first fail miserably on day1.

4 years after GT6 they can't even contend with Project Cars 2 on any front aside from graphics. That game has literally more cars, more tracks, TOD and weather ALONG WITH SEASONS including winter ON EVERY TRACK, more cars on track, visual/mechanical damage and so on and PC exist only because game was CROWDFUNDED for **** sake and whole GT is premiere series for Sony that sold millions earning billions.

And that is not even worst. I just bought on PC forza 7 and i can't ****ing believe PD has any excuses anymore for their crap. 700+ hd cars with stunning graphics (though a bit lower than GTS), working online, each car is not only upgradable in therms of mechanical upgrades but comes with set amount of aero kits or even straight up engines swaps, drivetrain changes like FF to RWD. Livery editor that runs away in glory compared to what it is in GTS, mechanical damage that stop car dead in case of really huge hit along with visual damage. Aside from that it also has amazing sound that completely crushes PD "upgraded sound system", some neat stuff like auction house (that currently doesn't work but it worked well in other forza games) actual carrier and ****ing G25 support out of the box so i don't even need to change wheel which worked for me since GT4 on PS2 more than decade ago.

AAAAND it has nice online that i have 0 doubt will work just as well as GTS "premiere focus on game" online if not better.

How the **** did it get to this point where some newbies who made previously Need For Speed games give run for money GT with their Project Cars 2 and actual competition run away so far that they vanished around horizon. PC exist because people crowdfunded it and they managed to make 2 games in time of release between GT6 and GTS and with PC2 they beat PD.

IT is doubly worse than Sony as a whole seems to have huge schizofrenia. Driveclub dev which has absolutely amazing car modeling that frankly is on par with GTS models was shutdown by Sony and they released shortly after PS4 release this game with 80+ cars.

I mean if they got brain they would share resources like Forza does with Playground devs who work on Forza horizon and experience with launching online focused game on PS4 (what worked and what didn't etc).

Next on the line is sound. IT got better but they ****ing turned down Raceroom lead sound dev responsible for BEST car sounds on market or even EL Mariachi modder which basically mods car sound from ****ing video on YT to make those cars sound ****ing close to real life as ****.

I mean ****.... :(

Last edited:
Neither is someone purposely stopping at the exit point of the parking lot so you can't get on the track. I'd rather have ghosting in that particular circumstance. Your preference may vary.
Aah Johny you haven't noticed the "sarcasm" in the sentence, I thought the zzz would give it away. Jokes aside, the ghosting feature is not a bad idea, but however perhaps there will be an autodrive system that gets you out of the Tourist layout just like in pit stops (I would prefer to manualy get out though but PD is PD).

Kaz is like out of touch with reality. GT5 while it had some problems was huge progress for whole series with its TOD on some tracks, visual and mechanical damage (though added in patch). Bit to "clean" but amazing track creator !! Meaty as hell campaign, robust online (for the first time to boot) , good model for weekly challenges and massive upgrade to physic system that put GT clearly in basket of racing sim.

GT6 felt like GT5+. Upgrade over GT5 (though i found used cars system removal huge - for me)

Now GTS is like PD took all criticism of GT5/6 read literally end of that list and did some warped logic on other points.

17 tracks, barely 100 cars if not less, GT PSP campaign which was horrible, no TOD, we didn't even see weather at all (probably will be on 2 or 3 tracks judging by rest of game design), no upgrade system which was staple of series which everyone loved and focus on online and e-sports in age that 95% of games focused on online first fail miserably on day1.

4 years after GT6 they can't even contend with Project Cars 2 on any front aside from graphics. That game has literally more cars, more tracks, TOD and weather ALONG WITH SEASONS including winter ON EVERY TRACK, more cars on track, visual/mechanical damage and so on and PC exist only because game was crowdfunded for **** sake whole GT is premiere series for Sony that sold millions earning billions. Meaty campaign etc.

And that is not even worst. I just bought on PC forza 7 and i can't ****ing believe PD has any excuses anymore for their crap. 700+ hd cars with stunning graphics (though a bit lower than GTS), working online, each car is not only upgradable in therms of mechanical upgrades but comes with set amount of aero kits or even straight up engines swaps, drivetrain changes like FF to RWD. Livery editor that runs away in glory compared to what it is in GTS, mechanical damage that stop car dead in case of really huge hit along with visual damage. Aside from that it also has amazing sound that completely crushes PD "upgraded sound system", some neat stuff like auction house (that currently doesn't work but it worked well in other forza games) actual carrier and ****ing G25 support out of the box so i don't even need to change wheel which worked for me since GT4 on PS2 more than decade ago.

AAAAND it has nice online that i have 0 doubt will work just as well as GTS "premiere focus on game" online if not better.

How the **** did it get to this point where some newbies who made previously Need For Speed games give run for money GT with their Project Cars 2 and actual competition run away so far that they vanished around horizon. PC exist because people crowdfunded it and they managed to make 2 games in time of release between GT6 and GTS and with PC2 they beat PD.

IT is doubly worse than Sony as a whole seems to have huge schizofrenia. Driveclub which has absolutely amazing car modeling that frankly is on par with GTS models was shutdown by Sony and they released shortly after PS4 release this game with 80+ cars.

I mean if they got brain they would share resources like Forza does with Playground devs who work on Forza horizon and experience with launching online focused game on PS4 (what worked and what didn't etc).

Next on the line is sound. IT got better but they ****ing turned down Raceroom lead sound dev responsible for BEST car sounds on market or even EL Mariachi modder which basically mods car sound from ****ing video on YT to make those cars sound ****ing close to real life as ****.

...ok

Aah Johny you haven't noticed the "sarcasm" in the sentence, I thought the zzz would give it away. Jokes aside, the ghosting feature is not a bad idea, but however perhaps there will be an autodrive system that gets you out of the Tourist layout just like in pit stops (I would prefer to manualy get out though but PD is PD).
My mistake, sorry.:guilty:

Ah, I did that for a solid few months at the beginning of GT5 days (obviously on just the normal Nordschleife). Seems so long ago, now...

There was no way to get replays of these things right? guessing you opened a lobby and just let everyone drive, correct?

I love that there‘s the tourist layout of the nordschleife, one of the best news for me.

But it looks like you wont be able to start from the parking lot as there are cars parked everywhere (those not so nice modeled background models) and the entrance to the entrance is blocked :nervous:

Would love if it would be like in AC but i doubt it after seeing that screenshot.

I love that there‘s the tourist layout of the nordschleife, one of the best news for me.

But it looks like you wont be able to start from the parking lot as there are cars parked everywhere (those not so nice modeled background models) and the entrance to the entrance is blocked :nervous:

Would love if it would be like in AC but i doubt it after seeing that screenshot.

Link to that?

4 years after GT6 they can't even contend with Project Cars 2 on any front aside from graphics. That game has literally more cars, more tracks, TOD and weather ALONG WITH SEASONS including winter ON EVERY TRACK, more cars on track, visual/mechanical damage and so on and PC exist only because game was CROWDFUNDED for **** sake and whole GT is premiere series for Sony that sold millions earning billions.

IT is doubly worse than Sony as a whole seems to have huge schizofrenia. Driveclub dev which has absolutely amazing car modeling that frankly is on par with GTS models was shutdown by Sony and they released shortly after PS4 release this game with 80+ cars.

Wow. Uh, easy on the language, bud.

Why all the complaining when you've mentioned so many games you think are better? Why don't you just play those? :odd: Unless that took a big weight off your chest, that was an extraordinary waste of time for you to write.

Why all the complaining when you've mentioned so many games you think are better? Why don't you just play those? :odd: Unless that took a big weight off your chest, that was an extraordinary waste of time for you to write.

Well maybe my complaining will get to someone head at GT PR machine and will transfer it to sonny management and will actually change something about it.

If no one complains and everyone will buy game that means you are happy with game and see nothing wrong with it. Especially since some people at PD said in one of interviews they actually browse GTPlanet and few other places.

Criticism is fundamental part about making something perfect. You take criticism, try to understand it and take notes if something is valid and improve your idea/product.

In case of GTS it seems like someone gave Kaz list of community complains and kaz for some reason read it backwards.

Back