Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
View attachment 677880

Best Gran Turismo according to Kaz himself.

Gran Turismo is the first game on PS1 system.
Gran Turismo 3 is the first game on PS2 system.
Gran Turismo 5 is the first full GT game on PS3 system.
Gran Turismo Sport is the first full GT game on PS4 system.

(does the GT HD and GT4/5 Prologue count? :D)

Maybe it is because "new platform, new challenge" thing.
I think because of overal technical jump from previous generarion. Anyway, if his 2nd and 3rd favorite GTs are the original GT and GT3 which both had around the same number of cars as GTS I'm wondering how much was he seriously working with the team on GT4, 5 and 6. We do know that he wasn't in charge of sound department since GT3 so there's that... maybe Kaz finally got back in full charge over everything and wants to make Gran Turismo great again 💡

Interesting that this is the first time he believes he's surpassed the original game. Granted this is obviously marketing speak but he did mention the original in several interviews.

@Panoz Any physics improvements?

Yes, you need it.

Hm... may be I was wrong. I've found this information:

Important Notes
・The Time Limited Demo requires a PlayStation®4 console and an online internet connection.
・You can enjoy online multiplayer even without a subscription to PlayStation®Plus.
・There may be some hours where gameplay is not possible due to server maintenance.
・Server maintenance information and other notices will be provided in the in-game news and on the official website gran-turismo.com.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5863055.html

...why does the 919 only have 500hp? Are PD only using the power from the engine?

It was the same deal with the TS030 from GT6 and various hybrids from that game as well.
Annoyingly the game only shows the output for the combustion engine, not the combined output with the hybrid system. Hopefully the hybrid systems are actually on the cars which have it in real life - I think the Toyota TS030 had it in GT6. It would be stupid to not have a working hybrid system in game.

Hi everyone, I`m new here, but I play GT since I realise I like cars. My motivation to write are the vision cars. Whatching videos some times look like I`m whatching a new Ridge Racer... What do you think about the vision lineup? I don`t like. I wish they could spend their efforts on modeling real, road, race cars. The race cars in my opinion should be from the same year. All gt3 cars should be from this current year for exemple, as GTE, LMP1... The Gr1, Gr2... etc, do a very well work grouping the cars that are in the game, but as a GT gamer, I wish for some changes on future gt games. I was realy thinking about change to Project Cars 2, but there are so many bugs that I will wait to buy the game. Sorry about the long text and my english.

I just noticed this. It was posted on 05.10.2017 (at least the date above the article says so), but I definitely haven't seen this one yesterday.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/world/news/00_4953603.html

i1DFoOl0nxuQ9cc.jpg

i1ZuC89Ras3q2EE.jpg

Hi everyone, I`m new here, but I play GT since I realise I like cars. My motivation to write are the vision cars. Whatching videos some times look like I`m whatching a new Ridge Racer... What do you think about the vision lineup? I don`t like. I wish they could spend their efforts on modeling real, road, race cars. The race cars in my opinion should be from the same year. All gt3 cars should be from this current year for exemple, as GTE, LMP1... The Gr1, Gr2... etc, do a very well work grouping the cars that are in the game, but as a GT gamer, I wish for some changes on future gt games. I was realy thinking about change to Project Cars 2, but there are so many bugs that I will wait to buy the game. Sorry about the long text and my english.

Welcome to GTPlanet!

Your english is fine.

And you're not alone regarding the Vision GT Cars. A lot of people (me included) would prefer to see more real road/race cars than those fictional ones. On the other hand, the whole project is more than a PD creative epyphany, since it involves the actual manufacturers, designers and engineers. That alone, in the end, is a good sign that the relationship between the gaming industry in general, and PD in particular, is getting closer to the people who make the cars we love and drive.

As for the line ups we have in GTS, sure, more recent cars would be awesome but what we have is not a bad start imo. I do hope to see the list growing soon though.

I hope this is not the direction GT will go in the future. I want my GT4 missions back, my GT2 amount of races back, my GT5 used car randomizer and course maker back.

I literally don't care about competing against aliens and people who have all the time in the world to invest in a single game. It's going to end up like CoD where if you're casual, you will get destroyed every single race.

What would be cool is if you could do things like Sunday Cup or Clubman Cup against real people instead of AI. I wouldn't mind that, as long as there is the option to race against AI if wanted.

I think this game honestly will make it so the drivers who drive alot and have alot of time will be in there own class and casual ones will be able to still compete. The matchmaking system will prevent what you think will happen with getting beat by full time players simply because you won't be matched with them anyway. I think people are going to be really surprised in a positive way when it comes to sport mode

Yea, I know, that's what the whole article is about.

That certainly is a scapes.
For me it may not be because the track seems, in all effects, digitized with game graphics, in the scapes we have real photos, there are no real photos in these images for me.

Back