Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
uhh it is a moment to premiere and i am absolutely flabbergasted with GTS.

Kaz is like out of touch with reality. GT5 while it had some problems was huge progress for whole series with its TOD on some tracks, visual and mechanical damage (though added in patch). Bit to "clean" but amazing track creator !! Meaty as hell campaign, robust online (for the first time to boot) , good model for weekly challenges and massive upgrade to physic system that put GT clearly in basket of racing sim.

GT6 felt like GT5+. Upgrade over GT5 (though i found used cars system removal huge - for me)

Now GTS is like PD took all criticism of GT5/6 read literally end of that list and did some warped logic on other points.

17 tracks, barely 100 cars if not less, GT PSP campaign which was horrible, no TOD, we didn't even see weather at all (probably will be on 2 or 3 tracks judging by rest of game design), no upgrade system which was staple of series which everyone loved and focus on online and e-sports in age that 95% of games focused on online first fail miserably on day1.

4 years after GT6 they can't even contend with Project Cars 2 on any front aside from graphics. That game has literally more cars, more tracks, TOD and weather ALONG WITH SEASONS including winter ON EVERY TRACK, more cars on track, visual/mechanical damage and so on and PC exist only because game was CROWDFUNDED for **** sake and whole GT is premiere series for Sony that sold millions earning billions.

And that is not even worst. I just bought on PC forza 7 and i can't ****ing believe PD has any excuses anymore for their crap. 700+ hd cars with stunning graphics (though a bit lower than GTS), working online, each car is not only upgradable in therms of mechanical upgrades but comes with set amount of aero kits or even straight up engines swaps, drivetrain changes like FF to RWD. Livery editor that runs away in glory compared to what it is in GTS, mechanical damage that stop car dead in case of really huge hit along with visual damage. Aside from that it also has amazing sound that completely crushes PD "upgraded sound system", some neat stuff like auction house (that currently doesn't work but it worked well in other forza games) actual carrier and ****ing G25 support out of the box so i don't even need to change wheel which worked for me since GT4 on PS2 more than decade ago.

AAAAND it has nice online that i have 0 doubt will work just as well as GTS "premiere focus on game" online if not better.

How the **** did it get to this point where some newbies who made previously Need For Speed games give run for money GT with their Project Cars 2 and actual competition run away so far that they vanished around horizon. PC exist because people crowdfunded it and they managed to make 2 games in time of release between GT6 and GTS and with PC2 they beat PD.

IT is doubly worse than Sony as a whole seems to have huge schizofrenia. Driveclub dev which has absolutely amazing car modeling that frankly is on par with GTS models was shutdown by Sony and they released shortly after PS4 release this game with 80+ cars.

I mean if they got brain they would share resources like Forza does with Playground devs who work on Forza horizon and experience with launching online focused game on PS4 (what worked and what didn't etc).

Next on the line is sound. IT got better but they ****ing turned down Raceroom lead sound dev responsible for BEST car sounds on market or even EL Mariachi modder which basically mods car sound from ****ing video on YT to make those cars sound ****ing close to real life as ****.

I mean ****.... :(
Why the N-Words tho? And there's whining and crying thread which is better suited to vent your anger tbh...

Well maybe my complaining will get to someone head at GT PR machine and will transfer it to sonny management and will actually change something about it.

If no one complains and everyone will buy game that means you are happy with game and see nothing wrong with it. Especially since some people at PD said in one of interviews they actually browse GTPlanet and few other places.

Criticism is fundamental part about making something perfect. You take criticism, try to understand it and take notes if something is valid and improve your idea/product.

In case of GTS it seems like someone gave Kaz list of community complains and kaz for some reason read it backwards.

But why do you need it to change, if you've already listed a load of games that suit you much better? Why do you need every game to be exactly what you want? Just pick the ones you like the look of.

Why the N-Words tho? And there's whining and crying thread which is better suited to vent your anger tbh...

What N-word ?

But why do you need it to change, if you've already listed a load of games that suit you much better? Why do you need every game to be exactly what you want? Just pick the ones you like the look of.

Because i care about GT series ? If i didn't care i wouldn't even bother posting.

There was no way to get replays of these things right? guessing you opened a lobby and just let everyone drive, correct?

Correct. We did occasionally do a two-lap race for photo purposes IIRC.

Nevermind, it has not been removed but put back into older post since it was from 17th of August..

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-track-list/

Correct — that's a gaff on my behalf. It's the only one of our lists to not carry the "Always Up-To-Date" name, but hey... the exception that proves the rule! :D

uhh it is a moment to premiere and i am absolutely flabbergasted with GTS.

Kaz is like out of touch with reality. GT5 while it had some problems was huge progress for whole series with its TOD on some tracks, visual and mechanical damage (though added in patch). Bit to "clean" but amazing track creator !! Meaty as hell campaign, robust online (for the first time to boot) , good model for weekly challenges and massive upgrade to physic system that put GT clearly in basket of racing sim.

GT6 felt like GT5+. Upgrade over GT5 (though i found used cars system removal huge - for me)

Now GTS is like PD took all criticism of GT5/6 read literally end of that list and did some warped logic on other points.

17 tracks, barely 100 cars if not less, GT PSP campaign which was horrible, no TOD, we didn't even see weather at all (probably will be on 2 or 3 tracks judging by rest of game design), no upgrade system which was staple of series which everyone loved and focus on online and e-sports in age that 95% of games focused on online first fail miserably on day1.

4 years after GT6 they can't even contend with Project Cars 2 on any front aside from graphics. That game has literally more cars, more tracks, TOD and weather ALONG WITH SEASONS including winter ON EVERY TRACK, more cars on track, visual/mechanical damage and so on and PC exist only because game was CROWDFUNDED for **** sake and whole GT is premiere series for Sony that sold millions earning billions.

And that is not even worst. I just bought on PC forza 7 and i can't ****ing believe PD has any excuses anymore for their crap. 700+ hd cars with stunning graphics (though a bit lower than GTS), working online, each car is not only upgradable in therms of mechanical upgrades but comes with set amount of aero kits or even straight up engines swaps, drivetrain changes like FF to RWD. Livery editor that runs away in glory compared to what it is in GTS, mechanical damage that stop car dead in case of really huge hit along with visual damage. Aside from that it also has amazing sound that completely crushes PD "upgraded sound system", some neat stuff like auction house (that currently doesn't work but it worked well in other forza games) actual carrier and ****ing G25 support out of the box so i don't even need to change wheel which worked for me since GT4 on PS2 more than decade ago.

AAAAND it has nice online that i have 0 doubt will work just as well as GTS "premiere focus on game" online if not better.

How the **** did it get to this point where some newbies who made previously Need For Speed games give run for money GT with their Project Cars 2 and actual competition run away so far that they vanished around horizon. PC exist because people crowdfunded it and they managed to make 2 games in time of release between GT6 and GTS and with PC2 they beat PD.

IT is doubly worse than Sony as a whole seems to have huge schizofrenia. Driveclub dev which has absolutely amazing car modeling that frankly is on par with GTS models was shutdown by Sony and they released shortly after PS4 release this game with 80+ cars.

I mean if they got brain they would share resources like Forza does with Playground devs who work on Forza horizon and experience with launching online focused game on PS4 (what worked and what didn't etc).

Next on the line is sound. IT got better but they ****ing turned down Raceroom lead sound dev responsible for BEST car sounds on market or even EL Mariachi modder which basically mods car sound from ****ing video on YT to make those cars sound ****ing close to real life as ****.

I mean ****.... :(
1337_01.jpg

There are plenty driving games on the market to cater for all tastes. I see certain other games altering their entire game structure to encourage the use of loot boxes, moving to reviewer friendly 'simcade' physics, and passing off a string of 3 lap crashfests as campaigns. At the other extreme we see a full sim focus, but riddled with bugs and controller issues.
What game is that? I mean at this point you might as well just say Forza, even though most of this claim is not accurate.

I know Forza has loot crates but in no way pushes them on you.
I know Forza, just like GT, leans more towards the simcade of things, but they didn't revert backwards in any way. If anything they're simulating at an equally adequate level as PD is.
The campaign is only a 3 lap race, if you want it to be. There is literally selections for different lengths. I use the mid range setting and my races are about 20 minutes long, there's one more setting after mine for an even longer races.

I feel Rain and Snow will be added later in a Update, since there hasn't been any footage apart from the tyres.

This, if the weather effectes were already completed we should have seen them by now, even though, they could save the footage for a final hype announcement (most unlikely at this point)

Back