Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
There are plenty driving games on the market to cater for all tastes. I see certain other games altering their entire game structure to encourage the use of loot boxes, moving to reviewer friendly 'simcade' physics, and passing off a string of 3 lap crashfests as campaigns. At the other extreme we see a full sim focus, but riddled with bugs and controller issues.

There's something for everyone. I'm pleased GT Sport's focus is on creating better drivers, real competition, and doubling down on quality cars and tracks. In this day and age content will always be added post release. I'ts the base game and driving experience that keeps people coming back.
What is loot boxes?

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Epic Whining/Crying thread?

And still don't see why VGT's are so hated. Them not being real doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

The initial argument comes from the GT6 era as it seems it was the only car-addition content update we would get over the time period of the GT6 life cycle. The only time GT6 has added new cars was for the BMW M4 launch, Hudson from the 'First Love' US promo, Senna cars, Toyota/Lexus surprise add-on, MY15 Nismo GT-R, Nissan GT Academy cars, and finally the M4 Pace Car. If I forgotten any, I guess it's cause how forgettable those additions were compared to the VGTs that appeared every month, but I'll digress from a petty argument like that one.

I believe this time around we're going to see real world cars accompanying the VGTs, be it related to the manufacturer or not. The Daihatsu VGT that was leaked by name would be the only Daihatsu to represent in GTS, so it's missing a Gr.N, B, and 4-3-1.

Still baffled they aren't showing weather. Even the fog at the Nurburgring.

They specifically mention "varied weather conditions" in today's PlayStation Blog post. With two weeks before release it makes sense to hold back at least one major announcement to give that final marketing push. At the very least we know fog is a driveable condition.....and we've yet to see it outside the E3 clip.
Screenshot_20171005-175257-picsay.jpg

I want to tell you something guys, Im not gona lie! Last night I had a dream, that GTS have rain and wet road, and I was so excited to witness that! And than I woke up, and realize, it was just a dream...:/ So fingers crossed, it would be blast!

I had the Steelbook from Amazon UK on pre-order months ago for just £53 I think it was. But, since then I've upgrade to a PS4 Pro with upgraded internal drive and also got an external hard drive attached, so lately I'm doing what they want people to do and going digital with most stuff. Sure, you usually pay a bit of a premium but for me the benefits far outweigh that:
  • Ability to pre-load it 48 hours in advance
  • Pre-orders usually come with a good amount of bonuses still
  • Can pay at the last minute if you really want to
  • Knowledge that I'll definitely be able to play it from midnight on launch
  • No need to mess about swapping media
  • Performance gains from use of fast drives
I get that people like to collect though, but all I'm bothered about is playing the game as quickly and conveniently as possible!

Big thanks for answer =)
On that moment, decided don't preorder steelbook from Amazon UK. 4-5 days understanding that all peoples are playing but not me - it's torture =)
Actually, for me because of work applicable 2 items about swap disk and performance.
And decided to select edition after demo - deluxe edition or day one.

Is the old PS3 GranTurismo wheel supported on ps4? The Logitech driving force GT. I want to use a wheel for this game and I have one of these in the loft. Will suck if it doesn't work as affording a new wheel is close to impossible for me

Hi guys! I have a doubt that you may can easily answer me..

In the betas we’ve seen that the online part of GT Sport was on the sport mode, with daily scheduled races.. but, there will be any “regular online mode” in the final game? I talk about a online mode where we can create the race/championship we want, as we did in GT6?

Cheers!

In the betas we’ve seen that the online part of GT Sport was on the sport mode, with daily scheduled races.. but, there will be any “regular online mode” in the final game? I talk about a online mode where we can create the race/championship we want, as we did in GT6?

Cheers!
Yes, the online system outside of Sport mode is supposedly to be roughly the same as the one on GT6

Cheers!
There are a dedicated mode for that: Lobby

Big thanks for answer =)
On that moment, decided don't preorder steelbook from Amazon UK. 4-5 days understanding that all peoples are playing but not me - it's torture =)
Actually, for me because of work applicable 2 items about swap disk and performance.
And decided to select edition after demo - deluxe edition or day one.
Happy to help, and at least having the demo means you’ll have something to play for a bit to get your fix and help make your decision. I’ll probably go for the digital ultimate edition or whatever it is called. As well, for this week I might even get F12017 for a bit of variety in my end of year racing fix!

Further proof Vision Gran Turismo is more than just an "anniversary" project and that it can influence the general public.

Surely there were many rad concept cars outside Vision Gran Turismo that appeared in Hollywood, but not all of them are drivable in a video game, right? Plus I doubt Zack Snyder saw/commissioned something like the Vision GT just for the film.

Question!

Is GTS' Gr.1 equivalent of FIA GT1 IRL? If yes, why Gr.1 in GTS is Prototype cars?

Is Prototype cars = GT1? Or GT1 simply scrapped so GTS make their own definition of Gr.1?

Back