Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
So im looking through the car list and I have question
How come some race car versions of cars such as the R8 LMS, Audi Quattro, Cayman GT4, M6, Z4 Scirocco and Beetle don't have their roadgoing versions? Almost all cars with a racing version has their roadgoing version in the game.
Could we get them later on?

It's not that unrealistic actually, all those transmissions are straight cut gears (like the reverse gear in your personal car). At speed they are generally obnoxiously loud. Not exactly the best speaker on the GoPro'
s here but listen in and you can clearly hear its pretty loud.
The whine is not as loud as these videos show, they just pick up higher frequency easier that is also closer to the mic. What's more drivers have helmets on a year plugs often. Realism shouldn't always be replicated like this if this was realistic, because this is just one more reason I won't be picking up GTS as i will not be driving any race car with this annoying whine, which is pretty much all of them.

The whine is not as loud as these videos show, they just pick up higher frequency easier that is also closer to the mic. What's more drivers have helmets on a year plugs often. Realism shouldn't always be replicated like this if this was realistic, because this is just one more reason I won't be picking up GTS as i will not be driving any race car with this annoying whine, which is pretty much all of them.
So you're not even gonna try out the demo?

Better play need for speed then because pretty much every single race car has that whine sound if the car is being realistically implemented in a game. GT Sport whine is pretty accurate to tbh watch this you will see the whine is quite clearly evident in real life

I do not understand what youare write to do in this section if you do not like the PD games, every your post is a continuous lament ... boh

Screenshot_20171008-075956_1.jpg

Guess we are going to have a successor for Lunar Rover. Soon...

Not a big issue but...
I can't see why would anybody play literally any game with the language set to anything apart from English. I just went and booted up the game in Arabic and at first it was okay-ish until i realized how poorly the translation are...

GT Sport arabic fail.png

It looks fine, isn't it? until you look at the exposure slider and look right inside the box. They literally translated the word "EV +3.0" to "Electric Car 3.0" in Arabic. This is just one of the small mistakes they have done and i'll probably use English anyways but why do gaming companies always screw up the translation process?

Otherwise, can't wait until the Beta gets unlocked fully. 👍

So you're not even gonna try out the demo?
I am, but I would not be downloading it if the livery editor was not in the demo. I keep hoping PDI will show me something to get excited about, but it never comes. Of course I will try the whole demo too while I'm at it.
Better play need for speed then because pretty much every single race car has that whine sound if the car is being realistically implemented in a game. GT Sport whine is pretty accurate to tbh watch this you will see the whine is quite clearly evident in real life

It's as if you didn't even read my post. That whine sound is fine, the whine sound in GTS annoying and it's copy pasted across the board. The whine sound in the real world does not drown out all the other sounds. Regardless of what crappy mics may portray with videos uploaded to YouTube.
I do not understand what youare write to do in this section if you do not like the PD games, every your post is a continuous lament ... boh
I've been a GT player for nearly 20 years. If you want all roses and no one to point out issues in a franchise that they have invested years into, then perhaps don't read on a forum? You certainly aren't going to find a blind fan boy in this poster. If PDI want me or people like me who feel the same about their last 2 products to buy their upcoming product then they're going to have to give me a good reason, and reducing me to a scenario where I'd have to ignore the race cars which make up half of the car list isnt a good way to get me on board.

Not a big issue but...
I can't see why would anybody play literally any game with the language set to anything apart from English. I just went and booted up the game in Arabic and at first it was okay-ish until i realized how poorly the translation are...

View attachment 678173

It looks fine, isn't it? until you look at the exposure slider and look right inside the box. They literally translated the word "EV +3.0" to "Electric Car 3.0" in Arabic. This is just one of the small mistakes they have done and i'll probably use English anyways but why do gaming companies always screw up the translation process?

Definitely not the biggest issue in that picture. The lack of NASCAR is.

I am, but I would not be downloading it if the livery editor was not in the demo. I keep hoping PDI will show me something to get excited about, but it never comes. Of course I will try the whole demo too while I'm at it.

It's as if you didn't even read my post. That whine sound is fine, the whine sound in GTS annoying and it's copy pasted across the board. The whine sound in the real world does not drown out all the other sounds. Regardless of what crappy mics may portray with videos uploaded to YouTube.
I've been a GT player for nearly 20 years. If you want all roses and no one to point out issues in a franchise that they have invested years into, then perhaps don't read on a forum? You certainly aren't going to find a blind fan boy in this poster. If PDI want me or people like me who feel the same about their last 2 products to buy their upcoming product then they're going to have to give me a good reason, and reducing me to a scenario where I'd have to ignore the race cars which make up half of the car list isnt a good way to get me on board.

Audio sliders like DC would solve your problem, but regardless, give it a go first, may be better IRL. (I quite like the transmission whine tbh, but I can see why it may annoy you).

Also, like you, looking forward to a bit of liverying :)

Your loss ;) dont get your problem. Dont play a game because a sound thats a bit to loud? A bit extreme.... but okay.

And nothing to exited about apart from the livery editor? Hmmmm okay again.....
The member in question is going to try out the demo. It’s fine people getting passionate about something, we all do, especially when we have expectations and our own micro-requirements, But, when that passion becomes blinding, that’s when it becomes an issue. We sometimes forget where we are in this world and what an age we live in. I’ve had a lot happen in recent years that made me really put things into perspective. Sure, the sound may not be perfectly accurate, the whine might be loud, the car count is relatively low and race-car biased, and the game modes lacking a bit. In the grand scheme of things though, your lives could be a lot worse.

I know I’ll be enjoying the demo and game for what it is, not what it isn’t.

The lack of several real life circuits as well all of the classic GT tracks from previous games is probably one of my 3 biggest issues. The car list being too Group 3 and VGT cars focused with less road going cars of my taste and the lack of classic Career/Gran Turismo Mode.

I loved the graphics, I enjoyed driving in the closed Beta, I liked several new features they have added and even the menus have that "GT" feelings but it's sadly isn't the GT I grew up with. It's not the classic old GT I have lived with, maybe they will return to it in the next installment after this one.

The lack of several real life circuits as well all of the classic GT tracks from previous games is probably one of my 3 biggest issues. The car list being too Group 3 and VGT cars focused with less road going cars of my taste and the lack of classic Career/Gran Turismo Mode.

I loved the graphics, I enjoyed driving in the closed Beta, I liked several new features they have added and even the menus have that "GT" feelings but it's sadly isn't the GT I grew up with. It's not the classic old GT I have lived with, maybe they will return to it in the next installment after this one.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You can't fault the look of the game, it's absolutely stunning. There is just so much missing that the being the best looking racing game just can't make up for. DLC is my big hope.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but if you press the "options" button, then go to "notice of intellectual property" you can se all the licences. There are manufacturers that are not yet in the game, for example Fiat and Lancia. Also, the Fiat badge was in one of the short trailers with the GT Academy winners. So, i am pretty sure that more cars (maybe we will reach the 500 cars mark, Kaz was talking about) are going to be added via DLC's and i think tracks too.

Also, there are many Lamborghini cars: Miura, Countach, Diablo, Murcielago, Aventador.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big issue but...

View attachment 678173

Looks they just ran the text file through Google Translate :lol:

Can't the licenses be for the museum cards or something else?

It might be possible, but i don't think they're only for that.

Also, as i said before, the Fiat badge was in a trailer and there was also an article about the Lamborghini Diablo being worked on

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back