Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
http://www.a9vg.com/201607/9939283131.html

——Can you tell us the How The “VR function” is going ?

Kaz:I can tell you that we are developing the VR function , but i don't think it is a correct time to talk about more details mow

——GT6 is a PS3 game,but GT Sport is a PS4 game, Did you meet any difficulty after you decided to change platform?

Kaz: It is much easier to make game for PS4.The developing environment of PS4 is so good that we can develop our game more freewheelingly. There are some limits of game development on PS3,but they have disappeared on PS4.

——There is a “Sport Mode” in the game,Don't you think that the “Sport Mode ”will make some players concern increase their racing skills extremely but ignore the fun of driving?

Kaz:In the “Sport Mode”,as long as you enjoy the game,your driving skills will be improved naturally。After more than 10 races,The driving skills of gamers will be differnet 。Our system will group the gamer of the same level to race together。In the finals of the racing matches “ Sport Mode”,we will hire some real racing umpires to judge the driving behaviours of players。We also plan to hire some real F1 racing trainers to teach the players who win the ticket to enter the finals to drive race cars as quickly as possible。

——From the present situation, the GT Sport is a game focus on esports, it will train players step by step to become a race car driver, then how do you plan to attract leisure-type player?

Kaz: We have prepared different gaming modes in the game,such as Arcade Mode、Trials。。。。The offline contents of GT Sport is very ample and complicated。“Sport Mode” is a small part of the game,but not all。The tradition pleasure
of GT Series is still there。 old fans can enjoy the game as usual。

—— As the newest title of GT Series,You didn't titied the game “Gran Turismo 7”but “GT SPORT”,does it means that there will be different branches of the GT Series:the “SPORT”Series and the regular series?

Kaz: GT SPORT is a regular title of GT Series。The gaming contents is so ample that you can consider it as ”Gran Turismo 7“。it is titled ” GT Sport“ because the “Sport Mode” of the game is important。If I have to change a statement,maybe “Gran Turismo 7 Sport” is more correct name。

——Can you introduce us that how to get an FIA digital license in China?

Kaz: I can not tell you more details at this time. Keep concern with our message later, please.

Last edited:
Kaz:I can tell you that we are developing the VR function , but i don't think it is a correct time to talk about more details mow.

I will eat crow if GTS "fully" supports PSVR at launch! :D

Kaz: GT SPORT is a regular title of GT Series。The gaming contents is so ample that you can consider it as ”Gran Turismo 7“。it is titled ” GT Sport“ because the “Sport Mode” of the game is important。If I have to change a statement,maybe “Gran Turismo 7 Sport” is more correct name.

Yes, a regular GT without true career! :bowdown:

In my opinion "Gran Turismo 7 Sport" sounds rather good though compared to GT Sport. It is just like usual GT with added "Sport Mode" ( the e sports system, FIA license, and driver points) :). Also it is much more familiar :D

Last edited:
Exciting news from Shanghai。
forgive my miss,the old news is wrong ,and there are the right news。

There will be more than 400 premium cars in the game until November 2017,All of them are "Super Premium Cars".

Kaz is trying to get the license of Shanghai International Circuit.He told Chinese Gamers:"Tell me the circuit you love, we will go there and scan it!"

Kaz want to take GT Academy to China.

GT Sport will support some ps3 wheels.....

Last edited:
Is there something he's not showing us? The offline is ample and complicated? I don't see license tests as being the main offline attraction, being traditional. If this game centers on the very important Sport Mode, but it's only a small part of the game, I don't see this as being the game old fans can enjoy as usual. If he's referring to Scapes and Livery as offline content and gameplay, then yikes.

I want to believe there's a hidden career mode lol.

Exciting news from Shanghai

There will be more than 400 premium cars in the disc at the launch,140 of them are "Super Premium Cars". All of the 400 premium cars will be beautiful in current standards.But Super Premium Cars will be most beautiful cars on video game console.

Kaz is managing to get the license of Shanghai International Circuit.He told Chinese Gamers:"Tell me the circuit you love, we will go there and scan it!"

GT Sport will support all ps3 wheels,such as G27,DFGT.....

Hmmm. If that's true then how about the sounds of those "premium" cars, have they improved it too? People don't want to play a current game with PS3 sound quality no more.

There will be more than 400 premium cars in the disc at the launch,140 of them are "Super Premium Cars". All of the 400 premium cars will be beautiful in current standards.But Super Premium Cars will be most beautiful cars on video game console.

Kaz is managing to get the license of Shanghai International Circuit.He told Chinese Gamers:"Tell me the circuit you love, we will go there and scan it!"

Sorry but I don't believe it.

Do you have a source for this? The PS3 wheel compatibility sounds too good to be true, and the car count contradicts what we know so far.

i dont think so. maybe you misinterpret what kaz said, by ps3 wheels he meant the t500rs i guess. because the person who ask this is saying many players bought expensive equipment for gt5 and gt6, will it be compatible. logitech wheels are not expensive wheels.

shanghai international circuit is like he is trying to get the deal close to have authorization to make it in GTS. no confirmation on it whatsoever.

more than 400 cars? << is this some kind of joke?

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe you, because you've been a super useful translator dude, and its much appreciated, but this 400 cars thing? Hmmmm not so sure!

Given their previous and albeit rather impressive modelling efforts I was rather bewildered at the decision to exclude some of their previous premium models from the car list of Gran Turismo Sport. Its plausible that in the case they've had a change of thought regarding the matter, previous premium models are being treated like that of the standard cars in previous Gran Turismo entries.

That would lend some weight to Kaz's recent comments about there being enough offline career to keep the traditional GT player happy. Could well be a more traditional GT game in there after all if the GT6 premiums were to return. Wouldn't be unreasonable to think that the Sport mode would be limited to certain bop'ed cars (super premiums) while the rest were available for 'GT' mode. I'll wait for official confirmation before getting too carried away though.

Last edited:
Guys,

On interview, Kaz talked about campaign mode and arcade mode. But nothing on traditional career mode. So don't expect to find Sunday Cup.

Regarding wheels. Old wheels as G27 or DFGT can't be compatible with PS4. PoDi aren't magicians, if Evolution Studios, SMS or others failed then PoDi will not do it.

And to finish with 400 cars, I think there is a misunderstood.

For GT5 and GT6 and they shouted loudly that they have 1,000 cars and more and GT Sport, from London event, they talk about 140 cars. We don't announce it, in a small interview.

The wheels, I can't believe. They haven't worked on the PS4 for other games.

400 cars? I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. I mean, if we do get 400 cars with the final product, that'd be great, but I'm confused as to why the car count was around 140 at the London event and at E3, but has suddenly jumped up to 400 at a random interview.

Back