Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,124 comments
140 super premium within 3 years and other 260-360 within 1 year? LOL :D

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. That sounds a lot like code for "we're going to sell you PS3 premiums".

There's no way that they can expect to release double the amount of cars that the game ships with in a year. It took them three years to get this far. Supposedly each car takes six months or more to make. It would take the entire staff of PD working only on modelling for the entire year to make this happen.

The best I could say for this information is that it's incomplete. As it is it makes no sense at all.

I could see PD doing concurrent 3D model build, they may have 140 100% ready completed since late last year or mid this year, but the rest are 50-75% complete and are under progress ( 260-360 cars ) PD may prioritize cars that are crucial for Sport Mode, while the rest of them may be released bi weekly ( 10-20 cars each time ) to keep the game interesting / alive like how other games doing DLC run for a year, only this time PD may give them all for free ( I highly suspect the rest of the cars are returning premium from GT5/6 as super premium, GT6 new premium were already higher in quality than GT5 premium, they may be build with super premium target but downscaled for GT6 )

That would make sense. If we get premiums then I wouldn't be surprised if they're just ported from GT6 with higher res textures.

I can't see PD charge money for the same model previously released in GT5 and GT6.

Not to belittle PD, but they wouldn't be the first company to do something that stupid, and they wouldn't be the last. I hope they don't, but they totally could. They've tried before with the idea of GTHD, reselling customers GT4 content on PS3 with microtransactions. That got shot down because of community outrage. This could be the return of that idea, and they're just flying it under the radar this time so that it's out before the community has a chance to decry it.

You said it was 'counter intuitive to be teaching people to overtake'.
And claimed that doing so somehow made it an "arcade racing experience".

Do you disagree with my previous response?

Selective quoting? You missed the end of that sentence which changes the meaning - "counter intuitive to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps"

400+ cars in one year is sound a bit unrealistic for PD standard. I highly doubt it, but atleast they are planning releasing real life car not just VGT cars, would be better if they release some tracks too.

Selective quoting? You missed the end of that sentence which changes the meaning - "counter intuitive to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps"
Selective quoting? No.
I initially quoted the entire post.
The second response wasn't a direct quote.
Check the punctuation used.

In any case, overtaking is overtaking.

You said it was 'counter intuitive to be teaching people to overtake'.
And claimed that doing so somehow made it an "arcade racing experience".

Do you disagree with my previous response?
Why would you selective quote me to make your point and expect to have a discussion based on that? You initially quoted the entire post, yes, but you asked me a question that had nothing to do with my response because you ignored the full context of my statement when you asked the question. Proof of that is in your second response when you selective quoted me to try and make a point that I wasn't making.
EDIT: Tree'd by @Samus

UPDATE: VGtime announced that 400 premium cars at launch time of GTS is a misunderstanding

what kaz really said is that:
For GTS, there will still be 140 super premium cars at launch time, but PD guarantee that they will update regularly, and the car number will increase to 400 ~ 500, in one year.
what's more, all cars will be super premium, all of them. There will not be any premium car in GTS any more.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Considering ALL previous GT games have supported these (and havent we already seen track animation in GTS, people moving in willow springs?) are you really going to claim we can't say GTS will? Going to suddenly claim PD can't code a racing game engine now?

And yes, I have owned AC since its early access and I just finished playing it. I have played everything out there.

What are you on about now?

==================================================================
- wish I was allowed to double post, the below content is truly separate.

So I went to the PS Experience today in Saitama, Japan. I must say I wasn't impressed with GTS's presence. I couldn't find it at first, I missed the whole 2m by 3m floor space dedicated to GTS (why'd they even bother?..).

I got 10 mins this time and chose the same track and car combo as the last time I played GTS, the new MX5 at the ring. Honestly it felt the same to me as the Shibuya event. I chose time attack and no assists again, the car was very alive. Just about every corner I was correcting, so much fun. I spun once, I held a long drift but the rear wheels touched the grass on the outside then it was all over. I think I did the same thing the other time also. The physics really do feel nice. The sound I could barely hear so no comment there. The graphics... were horrible. Something was very wrong with this build. There was this crazy screen door effect attacking game objects, I have never seen anything like it. However the tokyo track others played look good (still some screen tearing though, but less of it)... Dunno. But they did something to the ring graphics, broke them.

When I got back home I just straight on Assetto Corsa and played the same car and track.

AC vs GTS

I was about 1min faster in AC than in GTS, even accounting for my spin in GTS. Granted much of this time comes down to me being much more familiar with AC and using my own wheel etc, but ACs stock MX5 has stacks more grip. I almost never get out of shape in the MX5 in AC but in GTS it's constantly moving when driven hard. Which is more realistic? Who knows. GTS was more fun because I love cars that move, but this is personal preference.

What tires did you fit the MX5 with on GTS ? In GT6, for road cars, CH to CS are needed to get closer to AC road tires grip. So, if AC MX5 road tire is grippier than GTS MX5 CS or SH :eek:

Considering ALL previous GT games have supported these (and havent we already seen track animation in GTS, people moving in willow springs?) are you really going to claim we can't say GTS will? Going to suddenly claim PD can't code a racing game engine now?

And yes, I have owned AC since its early access and I just finished playing it. I have played everything out there.

So I went to the PS Experience today in Saitama, Japan. I must say I wasn't impressed with GTS's presence. I couldn't find it at first, I missed the whole 2m by 3m floor space dedicated to GTS (why'd they even bother?..).

I got 10 mins this time and chose the same track and car combo as the last time I played GTS, the new MX5 at the ring. Honestly it felt the same to me as the Shibuya event. I chose time attack and no assists again, the car was very alive. Just about every corner I was correcting, so much fun. I spun once, I held a long drift but the rear wheels touched the grass on the outside then it was all over. I think I did the same thing the other time also. The physics really do feel nice. The sound I could barely hear so no comment there. The graphics... were horrible. Something was very wrong with this build. There was this crazy screen door effect attacking game objects, I have never seen anything like it. However the tokyo track others played look good (still some screen tearing though, but less of it)... Dunno. But they did something to the ring graphics, broke them.

When I got back home I just straight on Assetto Corsa and played the same car and track.

AC vs GTS

I was about 1min faster in AC than in GTS, even accounting for my spin in GTS. Granted much of this time comes down to me being much more familiar with AC and using my own wheel etc, but ACs stock MX5 has stacks more grip. I almost never get out of shape in the MX5 in AC but in GTS it's constantly moving when driven hard. Which is more realistic? Who knows. GTS was more fun because I love cars that move, but this is personal preference.

Considering GT6 had day night transition so will GTS had day night transition ? funny to be making conclusion by judging on previous implementation. like u said in the previous entry, judging a brand new game because of previous coding or programming.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQwMzcxMDA4OA==.html

skip to 54:49 of this video. youtube link was deleted so only this one.

i shall give u a video link to hot version showing the bone stock MIATA ND mx5 driven hard on a touge. it doesnt get out of shape easily like as u said in AC. AC cars were more realistically modeled on physics. Actually i had never seen any stock MX5 can held a long drift in real life. so theres the conclusion. Less grip doesnt mean more alike with its real life counterparts.

GT as interpret by one the the member on previous post is the real driving simulator, if the car physics isnt modeled same as the real life counterpart, it just doesnt stand out as a better simulator anymore. perhaps you went out of shape in GTS because its isnt your racing wheel you are playing who knows.

What tires did you fit the MX5 with on GTS ? In GT6, for road cars, CH to CS are needed to get closer to AC road tires grip. So, if AC MX5 road tire is grippier than GTS MX5 CS or SH :eek:

Bone stock mx5 nd are not so easy to get it out of shape. can check the video link above, btw its a china video site. starting at 54:49.

Why would you selective quote me to make your point and expect to have a discussion based on that? You initially quoted the entire post, yes, but you asked me a question that had nothing to do with my response because you ignored the full context of my statement when you asked the question. Proof of that is in your second response when you selective quoted me to try and make a point that I wasn't making.
EDIT: Tree'd by @Samus
"Overtaking is overtaking" somehow has nothing to do with your response which was "Seems counter intuitive to me to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps when that will never happen in a real online race if proper matchmaking is in effect and everyone is relatively the same pace."

Okay.

UPDATE: VGtime announced that 400 premium cars at launch time of GTS is a misunderstanding

what kaz really said is that:
For GTS, there will still be 140 super premium cars at launch time, but PD guarantee that they will update regularly, and the car number will increase to 400 ~ 500, in one year.
what's more, all cars will be super premium, all of them. There will not be any premium car in GTS any more.

forgot to post the source link:
http://weibo.com/5500491427/E1gQofD...1427_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment

All the messages I said are from this website.
However, TBH, I also doubt that if pd can model 300 super premium cars in one year? Sounded too fantastic to believe.

Considering GT6 had day night transition so will GTS had day night transition ? funny to be making conclusion by judging on previous implementation. like u said in the previous entry, judging a brand new game because of previous coding or programming.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQwMzcxMDA4OA==.html

skip to 54:49 of this video. youtube link was deleted so only this one.

i shall give u a video link to hot version showing the bone stock MIATA ND mx5 driven hard on a touge. it doesnt get out of shape easily like as u said in AC. AC cars were more realistically modeled on physics. Actually i had never seen any stock MX5 can held a long drift in real life. so theres the conclusion. Less grip doesnt mean more alike with its real life counterparts.

GT as interpret by one the the member on previous post is the real driving simulator, if the car physics isnt modeled same as the real life counterpart, it just doesnt stand out as a better simulator anymore. perhaps you went out of shape in GTS because its isnt your racing wheel you are playing who knows.

Bone stock mx5 nd are not so easy to get it out of shape. can check the video link above, btw its a china video site. starting at 54:49.

I watched countless videos from BM and HV, stock to tuned MX5. Have you watched Gan-san reviewing stock Miatas ? He often pushed the car hard out of slow corners and even NB miata can do slides, an inexperienced driver can slide/spin out near stock NA miata around twisty track, not sure what Nasanu means by long drift there. The ND miata has high mechanical grip, but tires fitted, track surface ( condition and temp ) have a lot influence.

I can't watch the vids ( low internet speed ) does the car fitted with S tire ? Does it have the LSD option fitted ?

"Overtaking is overtaking" somehow has nothing to do with your response which was "Seems counter intuitive to me to be teaching people to overtake all the cars in 3 laps when that will never happen in a real online race if proper matchmaking is in effect and everyone is relatively the same pace."

Okay.

No, overtaking isn't overtaking. There is a big difference between telling someone to try and overtake when it's safe and sensible to do so and "The only way to 'win' this challenge is to overtake everyone in 3 laps no matter what it takes"

There are only going to be two options there, rolling chicanes that aren't moving anywhere near as fast as you or cars running at similar pace which you have to force your way through. Neither are realistic to the real world. You don't go from last to first in 3 laps.

No, overtaking isn't overtaking. There is a big difference between telling someone to try and overtake when it's safe and sensible to do so and "The only way to 'win' this challenge is to overtake everyone in 3 laps no matter what it takes"

There are only going to be two options there, rolling chicanes that aren't moving anywhere near as fast as you or cars running at similar pace which you have to force your way through. Neither are realistic to the real world. You don't go from last to first in 3 laps.

I once saw a video of Alex Buncombe overtake 17 cars in one lap at Monza...

I'll try and find a link. Incredible stuff.

Edit: here we are!

AC vs GTS

the miata stock or gr.4 version

This 400 cars in one year sounds too good.

I won't be waiting for it. if they could add another 100 cars would be great already. But maybe, and there's a big maybe here, if the premiums cars of GT6 only need some "love" here and there, maybe they could achieve a high number of new cars in short period of time.

But again, 400 cars sound too good.

I once saw a video of a British driver (can't remember who) overtake like 16(?) cars in one lap at Monza (maybe?)...

I'll try and find a link. Incredible stuff.

I've seen similar at Bathurst, It's a rare exception though and usually in lower club series where you can have drivers with huge variances in skill.

I watched countless videos from BM and HV, stock to tuned MX5. Have you watched Gan-san reviewing stock Miatas ? He often pushed the car hard out of slow corners and even NB miata can do slides, an inexperienced driver can slide/spin out near stock NA miata around twisty track, not sure what Nasanu means by long drift there. The ND miata has high mechanical grip, but tires fitted, track surface ( condition and temp ) have a lot influence.

I can't watch the vids ( low internet speed ) does the car fitted with S tire ? Does it have the LSD option fitted ?

yeah. i was specifically saying the ND mx5 only. the new model had became more gippy than the older model. i still remember when kazama drifted the stock NB mx5 better than one of the formula drift drifter. He was one hell of a drifter.

Actually what im getting is, definitely a mx5 are made to be fun driven rwd compact sport car. but the new one is a more sensible car which does not get out of shape as easily in real life as nasanu said in GTS the Nd is like a very tail happy car that can hold long drift. i also very unsure how long is his long. LOL. And also he says like its not he purposely throws the car weight round the corner to make it drift. the way i understand its like when he drove the Nd roadster, its more like a yellow bird ruf ctr

Unless he noted the track condition in GTS the temperature and surface are 100% identical translate to Ac. i take his words for a pinch of salt only.

BTw its hot version episode 136. you can try find it on other site if you manage to find it. starting 54:49 its all about stock mx5. they attacked the bone stock mx5 on gunsai touge first then tested all other light tune version. nearly all doesnt show dat ND roadster is an easy to get out of shape car.

Last edited:

That's fine.
I didn't claim that in real life you go from last to first in 3 laps.

I did suggest that overtaking is a skill worth learning.
People learn through practise.

Assuming those that don't have the same skills as you simply don't care and will win at all costs is nothing more than assumption.
Some might try it and fail.
They might try again and do better.
Some may not care.
Who knows?

The cars at the back of the field will be easier, the cars at the front of the field will be more difficult.

Taking the stance that people don't care about learning race craft and will simply barrel through is leaning towards an elitist attitude.

Somewhere along the line, people will learn how to overtake.
And that's my point.

Whether it's up to your standards and in what you determine as a reasonable time-frame is irrelevant.

Latest Posts

Back