Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,129 comments
I'd like to think that wouldn't happen considering that pony honey didn't pull a move like this back in GT6. Only microtransactions for quick monies.

Though... In GT5 they did. The cars, not the monies.

Pony Honey is a great band name ;)

Unless they've redefined the meaning of the words couple and few that just isn't true. It has 98 cars and 14 locations.

I quoted you to make my point. Did you not read it? If you have to lie about the content and features of other games, do you really have a valid point to make?

Yes, I was obviously speaking literally... Please. The majority of ACs cars are duplicates (some tuning counts as a totally new car, sight variants of models do also) where as in GTS from what we have seen each car is different. GTS has in reality significantly more cars.

And if we are talking about lies, we should mention this whole overtaking nonsense. Show me that this overtaking challenge is in the racing etiquette section and not the career general? If its not in the section that is meant to teach then you just are trolling.

Oh and for the record, I was just doing some of the challenges in AC.. Guess what they involve? Ill tell you. Overtaking the field in a few laps.

How can four locations being cut not change much?!?!?

I think we both know how. ;)

PD aren't Turn 10.

Fixed. Please at least try to use proper grammar and punctuation when posting: you agreed to it.

In the most literal sense, of course they're not. With regards to this latest news... maybe. If PD plans to bump the car count up from 140 to 400-500 in a single year, it's obviously going to be with GT6 assets: if it were all ground-up remodels, as PD claims the GTS cars are, how would they have suddenly increased their work rate by 10 times the existing rate (~40 a year)? And, if they really are "Super Premiums"... wouldn't this count as intentionally holding content back for after release? Something many GT fans complain about?

I can't see PD tripling the car count for free, either. So the only options I can see with this news is that the massive number of cars being added would be straight from GT6 — so people would be asked to pay money for rehashes, something T10 was accused of doing with FM5's DLC — or that PD has this stockpile ready to go, and instead of including it in the game, will trickle it out in post-launch for extra money. Which is something else people don't approve of.

There is a third option: PD has finally embraced outsourcing. Which, as luck would have it... is just like T10.

This doesn't even touch on a whole other issue: if this massive increase is largely sourced from GT6's Premium list, it would require quite a lot of reworking to fit into GT Sport's strict groupings. That or the additions would simply ignore them, which seems counter-productive to the entire point of the game, at least as far as it's been sold to us so far.

This news is easily some of the strangest we've had for GT Sport. I'm looking forward to more info from Kaz & Co.

What tires did you fit the MX5 with on GTS ? In GT6, for road cars, CH to CS are needed to get closer to AC road tires grip. So, if AC MX5 road tire is grippier than GTS MX5 CS or SH :eek:

I didn't change tyres in GTS nor AC (not sure you can view what tyre is on in the build I played). Tested both stock cars. All sims should fit the correct tyres by default. AC claims to, time will tell for GTS.

Yes, I was obviously speaking literally... Please. The majority of ACs cars are duplicates (some tuning counts as a totally new car, sight variants of models do also) where as in GTS from what we have seen each car is different. GTS has in reality significantly more cars.

And if we are talking about lies, we should mention this whole overtaking nonsense. Show me that this overtaking challenge is in the racing etiquette section and not the career general? If its not in the section that is meant to teach then you just are trolling.

Oh and for the record, I was just doing some of the challenges in AC.. Guess what they involve? Ill tell you. Overtaking the field in a few laps.

:eek:
I'm yet to play it.
But I assume you mean an "arcade racing experience".

Considering GT6 had day night transition so will GTS had day night transition ? funny to be making conclusion by judging on previous implementation. like u said in the previous entry, judging a brand new game because of previous coding or programming.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQwMzcxMDA4OA==.html

skip to 54:49 of this video. youtube link was deleted so only this one.

i shall give u a video link to hot version showing the bone stock MIATA ND mx5 driven hard on a touge. it doesnt get out of shape easily like as u said in AC. AC cars were more realistically modeled on physics. Actually i had never seen any stock MX5 can held a long drift in real life. so theres the conclusion. Less grip doesnt mean more alike with its real life counterparts.

GT as interpret by one the the member on previous post is the real driving simulator, if the car physics isnt modeled same as the real life counterpart, it just doesnt stand out as a better simulator anymore. perhaps you went out of shape in GTS because its isnt your racing wheel you are playing who knows.

Bone stock mx5 nd are not so easy to get it out of shape. can check the video link above, btw its a china video site. starting at 54:49.

Are you kidding, he is correcting like crazy. Plus he is doing about half the speed I was on the ring. Looks like what I played really. Especially look at the corner just after 56:40, I am sure if I had the replay it would be just like that in GTS.

Plus, I was having fun and testing, not fully correcting the slides. He is trying not to crash and set a fast time.

EDIT: watch about 59:47 also.. Clear oversteer. My Japanese is crap, but what he is saying is the car oversteers but you can read it. Like that I felt.

Last edited:
Are you kidding, he is correcting like crazy. Plus he is doing about half the speed I was on the ring. Looks like what I played really. Especially look at the corner just after 56:40, I am sure if I had the replay it would be just like that in GTS.

Plus, I was having fun and testing, not fully correcting the slides. He is trying not to crash and set a fast time.

you called that correct like crazy? obviously u had no idea what steering correction needed as in yellow bird ruf ctr. that is what i called crazy steering correction.this is what i called correct steering like crazy

image.jpg

as much as i see you loving and defending GT series, surely you know starting from GT5 this is how you change tyre in arcade run on stock cars.

Half the speed of you are doing? Do you know how hard is it for a FR to oversteer a super high speed. Understeer are more likely to happened at high speed for front drive rear wheel.

Anyway i had enough of biased fanboyism. Carryon if you may. i prefer talking to someone who are more unbiased.

EDIT: watch about 59:47 also.. Clear oversteer. My Japanese is crap, but what he is saying is the car oversteers but you can read it. Like that I felt.

we are talking about the stock one which is the car they drive aat 54:49. other light tune version are tune based on their tuner preference in which you can ignore it.

not sure what Nasanu means by long drift there

To clarify, I don't mean power drift, I more of a high speed slide. My driving style is to turn and brake together.

the miata stock or gr.4 version

Stock.

you called that correct like crazy? obviously u had no idea what steering correction needed as in yellow bird ruf ctr. that is what i called crazy steering correction.this is what i called correct steering like crazy

View attachment 571642

as much as i see you loving and defending GT series, surely you know starting from GT5 this is how you change tyre in arcade run on stock cars.

Half the speed of you are doing? Do you know how hard is it for a FR to oversteer a super high speed. Understeer are more likely to happened at high speed for front drive rear wheel.

Anyway i had enough of biased fanboyism. Carryon if you may. i prefer talking to someone who are more unbiased.

One of us has a huge bias here thats for sure. I am the one who has played it, yet you are the one telling me about GTS physics. How does that work?

Now I didn't get to the in game menu because for several reasons it wasn't even on my mind. One, time was limited, I didn't want to waste it in menus. Two, I don't know the wheel mappings for entering the menu on a PS4 wheel I don't own (I can't even tell you what button to press on a DS4... I guess options now I think about it, but I had to think). Three, even if did get into the menu I can't read Kanji and am slow reading Katakana. It might take me forever trying to read what tyres are on if I can at all. Are those three logical reasons good enough for you or will you let your very own bias invent more reasons why I didn't?

Also if you think it's hard for an FR car to drift at high speed then let Kunos know. AC is full of FR cars that do just that. Really I can't see how a car wont do it. Punch the brakes pushing all the weight to the front and then turn the wheel quickly... What do you think should happen? Understeer? lol.

You don't seem to understand the difference between someone testing out a car in real life and someone throwing around a car in a sim knowing nothing at all will happen if they slam into the wall. Also for the record I said the car was alive and I was constantly catching slides, where did I also say I was driving carefully? You can quite easily drive the MX5 without it stepping out at all. But what is the fun in that?.. And how do you reconcile my saying the graphics were horrible with my supposed bias?...

Last edited:
To clarify, I don't mean power drift, I more of a high speed slide. My driving style is to turn and brake together.

Stock.

One of us has a huge bias here thats for sure. I am the one who has played it, yet you are the one telling me about GTS physics. How does that work?

Now I didn't get to the in game menu because for several reasons it wasn't even on my mind. One, time was limited, I didn't want to waste it in menus. Two, I don't know the wheel mappings for entering the menu on a PS4 wheel I don't own (I can't even tell you what button to press on a DS4... I guess options now I think about it, but I had to think). Three, even if did get into the menu I can't read Kanji and am slow reading Katakana. It might take me forever trying to read what tyres are on if I can at all. Are those three logical reasons good enough for you or will you let your very own bias invent more reasons why I didn't?

Also if you think it's hard for an FR car to drift at high speed then let Kunos know. AC is full of FR cars that do just that. Really I can't see how a car wont do it. Punch the brakes pushing all the weight to the front and then turn the wheel quickly... What do you think should happen? Understeer? lol.

You don't seem to understand the difference between someone testing out a car in real life and someone throwing around a car in a sim knowing nothing at all will happen if they slam into the wall.

Huge bias? dont know who is speaking , who is defending more we will let other member take a judge on this.

Untitled.jpg

more grip on AC , why ? you are driving on semi slick thats why. This is on default setting and i bet it isnt on GTS. mostly on GT road cars came with comfort medium or comfort soft only.

you are saying the car is a handful on normal lapping condition. now deliberately shift the weight excessively to make the car slide round corner. you may want to recap what you wrote.

the car was very alive. Just about every corner I was correcting, so much fun.

Huge bias? dont know who is speaking , who is defending more we will let other member take a judge on this.

View attachment 571650

more grip on AC , why ? you are driving on semi slick thats why. This is on default setting and i bet it isnt on GTS. mostly on GT road cars came with comfort medium or comfort soft only.

you are saying the car is a handful on normal lapping condition. now deliberately shift the weight excessively to make the car slide round corner. you may want to recap what you wrote.

Lol ok...

I was lapping normally. Just at 100% and enjoying the mistakes when I made them. And your defense of AC (which I will check) is that the incorrect tyres are fitted? OK...

EDIT; Yeah, you are right, semi slicks by default. So really this means I was spot on in judging the physics, I picked the extra grip without even knowing. BTW why are you taking this as an attack on AC?

Lol ok...

I was lapping normally. Just at 100% and enjoying the mistakes when I made them. And your defense of AC (which I will check) is that the incorrect tyres are fitted? OK...

AM i defending AC? nope i am not. im just stating MX5 ND are better modeled in AC than in GTS based on your experience which it oversteer every corner which you need to put corrective steering input at every corner?

Never mind. why dont you try fitting Sport medium or sport soft on GT6 with a stock NC and tell me you need to put corrective steering lock at every corner again ? we will talk about that after you done that.

There's more grip in AC is because you have the track grip levels on optimal. Turn it down to green or fast for realistic grip levels.

Yeah you get the idea right. Unless Nasanu said on AC everything track temperature , track condition and tyre combo are the same as he played on GTS or nearly identical. i wouldnt take what he said serious.

Im the kind of person in which right is right, wrong is wrong. we see a shortcoming and we point it out. not blindly defending just because you love it and it had flaws but you dont care. hell i could even say im hardcore GT racer last year and had put tons of time in GT6 online racing. maybe 56xxxkm in GT6 doesnt justify or nor hardcore enough to be compare to some of the enthusiast here but the mileage i done in gt6 can shown me and we all had love for GT. but not to the flaws of GT. We point it out and we expect PD to improve it.

Last edited:
I guess we gotta wait a bit for all this news to be clarified. First it was 400 GT6 premiums on the disc, now it's 400 super premiums in a year. :rolleyes:

From 140 in 3 years (which is more like 100 really without the dupes) to 400 in a year.

If true it can't be anything else than outsourcing and a massive one too.

If they do end up outsourcing, I wonder what changed Kaz's mind. He always used to boast how they employ a "one man one car" philosophy.

A comparison between a current PC game vs a 2 1/2 year old PS3 game seems perfectly reasonable to me. :rolleyes:

How about we wait until we all get to play them both on PS4.

AM i defending AC? nope i am not. im just stating MX5 ND are better modeled in AC than in GTS based on your experience which it oversteer every corner which you need to put corrective steering input at every corner?

Never mind. why dont you try fitting Sport medium or sport soft on GT6 with a stock NC and tell me you need to put corrective steering lock at every corner again ? we will talk about that after you done that.

Yeah you get the idea right. Unless Nasanu said on AC everything track temperature , track condition and tyre combo are the same as he played on GTS or nearly identical. i wouldnt take what he said serious.

Im the kind of person in which right is right, wrong is wrong. we see a shortcoming and we point it out. not blindly defending just because you love it and it had flaws but you dont care. hell i could even say im hardcore GT racer last year and had put tons of time in GT6 online racing. maybe 56xxxkm in GT6 doesnt justify or nor hardcore enough to be compare to some of the enthusiast here but the mileage i done in gt6 can shown me and we all had love for GT. but not to the flaws of GT. We point it out and we expect PD to improve it.

Well I hate to break it to you but I just tested out AC with a green track and ST tyres... It's quite similar to GTS, the MX5 slides all over the place and is tail happy, at least the way I drive it. I think GTS is still a little more slippy, but it's close.

What's the whole point of having 400 cars if there's no proper career mode anyway? If PD planning making expansion with classic Gran turismo career mode, I don't mind it tbh.

You can't judge which is better until drive on both games :) Start from simple stuff, does the ND MX5 in AC has properly simulated rear torsen LSD ? ND Miiata with rear open diff or optional torsen LSD drive differently. Which also my curiosity with the Hot Version vid, does the stock ND in the touge run has LSD ?

For GT6, an NC Miata uses CM tire to get to grip level of stock road tires, and even that still very grippy IMO, it needs effort to slide it on CM. GT5/6 have always fitted one or 2 level grippier stock tires, which was my question to Nasanu, if he used comfort tires or sports tires ? It should show on the HUD like in GT6 if I'm not mistaken. I'm leaning on CS or CM as stock, if PD is trying to be more realistic.

As for oversteer and steering correction, even at low speed in real FR car, you may need correcting a lot if driving at around 80-120 kmh on typical suburb roads, road imperfections, dust, weather etc can make good stable sports car twitchy. It really down to how a driver drive, as well as road/car condition.

MXH
Just for comparison, they did basically sell the same content/cars across three games.

True but not at an err, premium price. GT5 and GT6 would have still cost $60 with or without the standard cars and tracks. DLC prices tend to be around the $1 per car mark so even if they 'only' charged for 100 of them that is an additional $100. Even $0.50 is another $50.

I would hope they wouldn't charge for any of them unless they demonstrate that they've been upgraded in a significant way but we can only wait and see.

You can't judge which is better until drive on both games :) Start from simple stuff, does the ND MX5 in AC has properly simulated rear torsen LSD ? ND Miiata with rear open diff or optional torsen LSD drive differently. Which also my curiosity with the Hot Version vid, does the stock ND in the touge run has LSD ?

For GT6, an NC Miata uses CM tire to get to grip level of stock road tires, and even that still very grippy IMO, it needs effort to slide it on CM. GT5/6 have always fitted one or 2 level grippier stock tires, which was my question to Nasanu, if he used comfort tires or sports tires ? It should show on the HUD like in GT6 if I'm not mistaken. I'm leaning on CS or CM as stock, if PD is trying to be more realistic.

As for oversteer and steering correction, even at low speed in real FR car, you may need correcting a lot if driving at around 80-120 kmh on typical suburb roads, road imperfections, dust, weather etc can make good stable sports car twitchy. It really down to how a driver drive, as well as road/car condition.

Im not sure which LSD the mx5 used on ND

http://www.mazda.co.jp/cars/roadster/grade/#roadster

you can check it here but its all in japanese. the hot version vid one used the same specs and S variant of ND miata.

Im not sure whether AC does properly simulated rear torsen LSD but i do think that its is not like a handful drive like NASANU said in GTS in which you need to put corrective steering or counter every corner.

Yeah i know. i even find Comfort hard very grippy for Stock NC on gt6. because Miata 's power are limited.
AFter he tried with ST tyre on green surface on AC he said its similar so i rest my case. maybe our driving style are all different.

....I just heard - 400 cars in a year? That's hopelessly optimistic, even with outsourcing.

And in case all the extra cars end up being a GT6 carry over?

How will they work, texture-wise, with the upcoming livery editor? Will that be limited to "Supe Premiums"?

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe it's either a massive typo, or something's been lost in translation.

Did two runs on the demo in HK yesterday. (The queuing was killing me)
I am more interest in road cars so both runs i picked the road going models.
Sadly there were only setup with wheels(more used to play with controller) and in that build the speed was displayed in MPH so... calculation while racing...:ill:

First i tried the Evora(Love Lotus and testing RWD), it didn't feel much different from GT6 one.

Another run with the Golf at Brands Hatch GP and AI in professional level.
The back end was slightly more alive than in GT6 which just understeer forever. A bit rough braking and some jerking the wheel it got some little slide.

The AIs at the back of the pack were still slow, the top 4 guys did got some pace and i raced with 4th place AI for the rest of that run. Overall they didn't brake ridiculously early as i recall racing them in GT6.

Last edited:
It's kind of amazing that PD don't have a PR rep or a reliable Twitter spokesperson to clear these things up when there is confusion.

They should at least have some links to GTP or other (are there other?) GT forums.

It would help them (and us) a great deal in these instances.

Latest Posts

Back