Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

48709538467_88f4b86a6b_b.jpg

48709036323_a948bd943c_b.jpg

Here's my impression of a Mazda 787B wearing a Autozam livery.

Damn I was hoping they were perfectly lined up and custom made for the car.

Do most people just get "close enough" and from the distance of the camera shot or when you're in-game racing you can't even tell?

So many cool patterns that I have get too pixelated when blown up to stretch over a car. Is it just not noticeable when racing and I should get over it?

I really don‘t know if they blow up a lot but it‘s really annoying that GT‘s SVGs are not really SVGs anymore when applied to the car 🤬

I reckon with aligning to camera and a bit of trying one could archive 100% perfection on the arches. I was ok with 99% tbh :D

Does anyone know how i can pull off the non purple parts of the 2019 Raybrig livery?
eb-jilow4aeuf37-png.843147

eb-jjhjwkaa_78i-png.843148

eb-jjxhxsai17ew-png.843149

Sorry, I have you sent to ignore.
For the front an side sections; I used a chrome base and found a template of the actual livery (I've attached it below) to generate the rough shapes to masked them off. I used all stock shapes to create the areas and patterns. Then on top of the chrome I used a darker pink (or in this case blue) swooshes as the real car. Just trial and error, also the roof is chrome.

One part that is really difficult is the bottom side floor sections. In GT Sport we actually have an old car (2016 I think), and so the shape of the floor is different, as you can see with mine, I've blacked off the sections that are black aero parts on the real 2019 car, but it's open to interpretation. Your reference images seem to be renders and don't show this?

The rear black fender bit, I used a black base and then used a mixture of grey and black patterns to give the camo effect. And the design on the rear between the brake lights is actually Team Kunimitsu's logo which is on GT Sport's discovery section!

I don't think my results are perfect, but they look quite good.

If you could make custom shapes to match the actual car then you'd be able to create the most accurate look. But just using the basic shapes you can get 90% of the way there!

Reference images that helped me;
maxresdefault (1).jpg
100-819x510.jpg

Last edited:
Not taking aim at anyone here, just something I've been noticing more and more recently when I browse liveries on GTS. There are some really awful liveries with a butt ton of likes. The people who create them all seem to have an equally confusing number of followers, with only a small number of equally terrible liveries (zero effort type stuff) in their galleries.

Secret circle jerk, or there's no accounting for bad taste?

Last edited:
Not taking aim at anyone here, just something I've been noticing more and more recently when I browse liveries on GTS. There are some really awful liveries with a butt ton of likes. The people who create them all seem to have an equally confusing number of followers , with only a small number of equally terrible liveries (zero effort type stuff) in their galleries.

You see a few bad liveries online with decals just splattered anywhere and ones that are multi coloured chrome affairs, no idea they were popular. Probably people just looking at most recent stuff, the in game search functionality is basically useless.

Something like;

EEQtmFWX4AEf5sm

But that’s it. I’m no longer going to give you any help, as you seemed to ignore my previous post.

My apologies, i wasn't able to understand clearly the explanation you gave so im sorry if i frustrated you because of it

I'm having a go at combining the classic BRE Datsun and a Feisar ship from Wipeout in a Gr.4 GT-R. When I make liveries (and certainly recently) I end up trying to overthink things and never really end up satisfied or happy with the layout of colours and sponsors and things, so if anyone has any help or suggestions I'd really appreciate it:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190912222550.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190912222601.jpg

BRE-510-10-1200x800.jpg

I feel as if there should be less colour at the front somehow, but the shape of the car and the grille doesn't really make that viable.

Also if anyone has any tips on how to shape those side stripes that'd be great too, trying to use the skew effect is a pain in the arse.

Not taking aim at anyone here, just something I've been noticing more and more recently when I browse liveries on GTS. There are some really awful liveries with a butt ton of likes. The people who create them all seem to have an equally confusing number of followers, with only a small number of equally terrible liveries (zero effort type stuff) in their galleries.

Well said...!

Hi everyone,

I love Ferrari, what can I say? :)
I decided to make some liveries for the Gr.3 one... So, here we go:​

"AF Corse | Ferrari 458 Italia [GTE] | FIA World Endurance Championship - Season 2014 | prologue version"

"AF Corse | Ferrari 458 Italia [GTE] | FIA World Endurance Championship - Season 2014"

"AF Corse | Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 | Blancpain Endurance Series - Season 2015"

"Rinaldi Racing | Ferrari [488] GT3 | Blancpain GT Series - Season 2019"

Here are some extra shots, a bit more realistic lookin':​

That's all for now folks! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back