Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,734 comments
Normally there is a 3 sec difference in lap time between RS and RH.
Even with the longer pit time at this circuit you will find the 1 stop and 2 stop strategies will be very similar in final time due to how long you are running Hards for in the 1stop.
If you are struggling for pace on Hards then I suggest doing a 2 stop and running softs for 95% of the race and Hards for as little as possible (1 or 2 laps).

I'm going to run a couple of GT2 races as practice this morning to see where the land lies.

I should be in similar lobbies for GT2/GT1 as both accounts are similar ratings so apart from the additional laps and damage I'm hoping to understand the flow of the race pace and see where that settles.

First time I’ve not competed in a manufacturers GTWS event.
Manufacturers for me is best thing best about Sports Mode. It’s offers a championship of sorts (even if it just 3-6 events) but also the main draw for me is picking a manufacturer that you want to drive, is competitive for you, and also having to stick with that manufacturer for all rounds.
Unfortunately this time round, I’ve not played the game for months now (since the official GTWS) plus the timings just don’t work with my schedule.

Good luck to all! Enjoy!

Had a lot of fun in my Euro GT2 race (low B, 77 pts for the winner).

#5 board in the Beetle. A couple of others in the race, nice to see. Good to have the 10 minute qualifying session back. Put the lovebug P7 with a 32.0, my best lap of the week but still half a second off the polesitting AMG.

IMG_4523.jpeg

After hearing about the shortened pit stops I decided to start on the hards and go 1H-9S-10S. Made a good start, up to 4th after the esses. Pitted at the end of the lap for softs and dropped to the back.

Pretty consistent laps, mostly 33s. It was good to have a tyre advantage, managed to make a few clean passes in the middle sector. Only really had trouble with a swiss Porsche who was ramming anyone who got close (eventually they quit the race). Lost 4 seconds when they shoved me off.

Slight adjustment to the strategy, pitted lap 11. Came out 10th and proceeded to chase down the pack ahead. 5 seconds behind P4 & P5 heading into the last 5 laps but they must have been on hards. Passed the P5 GTR into turn 1 on the last lap after squeezing down the inside on the pit straight.

IMG_4524.jpeg

Had a shot at the P4 McLaren out of the final bend but probably pulled out of the slipstream too early.

IMG_4525.jpeg

Very happy with a P5 in the end and 64 points. The Beetle was much more competitive than I was expecting considering its overall results in the proper season. Held its own against the 911s and 458s. Looking forward to the wall-bashing wreckfest of Tokyo.

IMG_4526.jpeg

After hearing about the shortened pit stops I decided to start on the hards and go 1H-9S-10S. Made a good start, up to 4th after the esses. Pitted at the end of the lap for softs and dropped to the back.

So can you confirm whether the pit stops are the shorter ones from GTWS?

So can you confirm whether the pit stops are the shorter ones from GTWS?
I wasn’t paying much attention to the stop times during those races, but here it was definitely quicker than in my practice custom races. Seemed closer to a 15 sec loss rather than 22 in the custom.

Just tested the pit times -- changing from RH to RS tires, no fuel.

Custom race: 44.4s
Free practice: 30.0s

That is a pretty huge difference! If that is what we are getting in the race, I expect I'll be changing my strategy.
My son just did GT2, pit time with tyre change was 33s (from control being removed to returned)

He also chose Citroen and won, beating a German in a Jag who qualfiied pole!

The Jag chewed it's front right soft and had to pit two laps earlier, we did 13 laps I think and came out a second in front and extended it to win by over 5secs! During the race the boy said I was 'criticising' his driving, I prefer the term 'coaching'...

Russell Wolff.png

10am slot.
Qualified P12 in the end with my fastest lap of the weekend. Some 6 tenths quicker than FP. Got a little bored with the long quali made worse with the fact I wasn't getting near my fastest lap.
Start was o.k. and I held position until the exit of Descida Do Lago when I am barged out of the way.

I loose a couple of places and have a good battle through the Senna S with the Lambo but my caution to not hit them was too much and they got the jump. I pitted on lap 5 for softs and slowly caught the pack back up. Warning the pit lane sensors are now on the chicane on the pit entrance so don't go fully aggressive into there and pick up a 3 second penalty like me.
When it all shook out I was in P10 fighting the Lambo again with the 650S also behind. A good battle ensued with the McLaren and eventually a wobble out of Descida Do Lago allowed them past. A few others pit on the last lap allowing me by. But the best thing was my German friend from lap 1 was shoved off at juncao allowing me past them for some justice. Finished P8 in the end so got the last DR paying place. Not too bad in the end.

What a aweful start to that season. First I tried 2 times on my australian alt. Both races were wreckfests nothing else. Then I tried with my main and I had a russian in the lobby who enjoyed hitting me. After the stop he punted me hard in turn 1 and in a fit of rage I retailiated in Turn 4. Ashamed for not keeping my cool I quit the race.

Gave it one more chance and boy was that the right one:

GT2, mid B, SR S, 101points for 1st, Door #16

My first ever lobby with more then 100 points for the taking.

Quali went good despite "only" P6. Everybody was within 1s of pole so pretty even.

Quali.jpg

Race started really good. After Turn 4 (which was my strongest part of the whole track) I was in P4 and managed to keep up with the first 3. When my tires started to wear a bit i lost some ground to the leaders and when I finally pitted in Lap 13 I was in P3 with a gap of about 8s to the leader. The 3 laps overcut to the driver who was in P3 before he pitted gave me enough time to get ahead of him.

For the next 6laps he was always between 1.4s and .5s behind me and I was sweating like crazy trying to remain calm and focused.

The turkish driver who led the race made some mistakes in the last 2 laps which cost him dearly in the end as he slipped from almost unchallenged P1 to P7 in the end.

Finished in P2 with 97points. my highest ever. 💪

Overall a 100% clean, fair and strong lobby. These are the races we all want to have.

Race.jpg

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just did another strategy test -- 1RH-14RS-15RS. After adjusting for the different pit times, it handily beats the 1-stop 15RH-15RS.

StrategyStopsPit adjustmentOpt timeBest timeAvg timeAvg devTotal timeAdjusted total
15RH-15RS10:14.4001:31.6051:32.2461:34.6560:01.93447:19.67847:05.278
1RH-14RS-15RS20:28.8001:31.6731:31.9441:34.5420:03.25747:16.26646:47.466

pubchart

I am watching Omega's stream. He just pitted. Looks like we are getting the faster pits. The car showed up around 8 seconds in. His total pit time was 36s, though, which is higher than I saw in Free Practice, but still faster than Custom Races. Edit: He had damage to repair, which explains the extra 6 seconds.

Last edited:
Rank B Race (10am slot Uk) I did this morning and encountered an issue with either GT7 or the network of PS/GT7.

I did the 10am slot for the MCWS race racing for Aston martin, had a really good race qualified 8th or sumwhere, had a really good time chasing a guy called JustGary in the AMG GT3 '20, then battled hard to get 6th, but just as I finished the race and then boom, my game crashed while trying to save reply, :grumpy:. I waited a bit nothing hapopened. I have a screencap of when it crashed.

Not sure if it an issue of my replays not saving properly and this happened yesterday when I did the test race on the lobbys.
I'm unsure if it my connection or the game glitching.

I have noticed that GT7 has a set limit on how many replays it can save or the size limit of them. I got an errior message ingame last time saying that sapce has run out to save replays during a online session. Maybe this can be rectified in patch alter on.

Any one else getting this issue???
I may have to do the race again to register the 66 points I won, as it crashed post race and i have no idea if it did save or not, it was a decent run.

Hmmmm, On to try attempt no.2!

Had a nice one.

Qualifying was the big fun though, I was in a strong lobby, I think, and each lap I had to the best I could, got better times each lap but so did the others. My final lap was the best one and in the end I ended in sixth position. I was quite close to my best free practice time so I knew I did all possible so was pleased with my performance. Others were simply faster, fine then!

I decided to start on hards and lost 1 place to a French driver in a RS01, I was hoping he was on softs and did not fight him and just let him past. The top six drove off and I was in lonely 7th place as the car in eight was a few seconds behind me. Ptretty sure I was the first car on the hard tyres.

Decided to pit lap 7 and put on those softs. Got on track about 11th or 12th place. And then I had to do the one thing I am not very good at: overtaking. But I was on fine form today and had some really nice overtakes. (and a lucky one which I will pretent was on purpose!)

As others also pitted I found myself in 5th position and was gaining fast on the RS01 in 4th and a Lambo in 3rd. After a few laps I was right behind Gasley's RS01 and prepared an attack. So, then this happened:

In the race itself I was pretty miffed about his move but seeing the replay it might have been accidental and maybe Pierre just lost control. Just not sure....
Anyway, had to do all possible to stay on track there and lost a lot of time, also as I had suffered damage. The Lambo got away and a pair of Ferrari's that were just behind ganged up on me and till the final lap I was in a bit of an intense fight with them. Ended in 5th position. Race was won by the pole sitter, a fast Fin who just drove away at the start never to been seen again.

Big shame about that contact, think without that and the damage it did I could have fought for a podium. Still, happy with the race I had to some pretty good drivers and had a few good overtakes.

1720869492204.png

GT2 low B - tried this race twice and my pace on Interlagos isn't the best
7ffd480a4b3270d7bd9a1fec15f17cc6_photo.webp

1st run: Quallified P14 and ended in P10 - went with @Fezzik strat and it worked but my run was quite bad
2nd run: Quallified P11 much better while at the start some people forgot that they gotten Hards on ... thus ruining my lap
Went with same strat this time i had much more luck , some of the drivers were quite dirty but in the end finally i managed to overtake this car - irony this driver forgot to pit and gotten nice 2min penalty lol
e6b83f006afc8c838a2bd44b5ef801d4_photo.webp
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713135007.jpg

ended in P4 , pretty good race and have fun out there 👍

Last edited:
For my main account this afternoon I'm going to do the inverse 2 stop RS > RS > RH unless I QT outside of the top 10 then I'll start on the hards.
Considering this too. All dependent on quali results and whether I receive damage on the first lap. However, I'm sweatin' in the R8 over here. I have a feeling I'll need to do about 7 - 8 laps on RH due to rear tyre wear.

Curious to see if there are any other R8 (or MR car) drivers here who have run GT1 yet.

Considering this too. All dependent on quali results and whether I receive damage on the first lap. However, I'm sweatin' in the R8 over here. I have a feeling I'll need to do about 7 - 8 laps on RH due to rear tyre wear.

Curious to see if there are any other R8 (or MR car) drivers here who have run GT1 yet.
Every race is different but my B/S lobby was pretty clean and contact free in GT2 that said the top me and P2 finished 20 seconds clear so possibly more a pace/experience thing rather than it being cleaner than average 🤣

Edit:

Kie and Digit both pitted off the hards on lap 1 but they are high splits compared to where I will be so am going to try S-S-H To see if the 29 lap over cut is the meta 😝

Also I missed the 3pm (EU) slot and have to wait till 5 or 7 now which absolutely sucks. Do they really need to limit the slots that much to pack the GT1 lobbies??? Grrrr

Last edited:
Well, I'm skipping this season. I was well off the pace in qualifying as it is and started P15 (fair enough), but the car just feels like it's on ice in actual race conditions, even when on the Softs. I have no idea why, it didn't feel anywhere near that bad in custom races.

Ended up falling back trying to survive the opening, only to wind up stuck behind a Honda and a Porsche who were fighting tooth and claw for P14. I then accidentally rear ended the Porsche at Ferradura whilst it was on the outside going 2-wide into the turn, which gave me damage.

Now currently pulled up in the pits after about lap 11 and waiting for the race to end. :rolleyes:

First GT2 slot : 1RH - 10RS - 9RS seemed to work a treat. Qualified pole and worked my way through a relatively clean field.

Lap times were 31.5 - 32.5 depending on tyre life. Really wasn't pushing toward the end.

Gonna run the reverse strategy during the next slot to compare it. Though I have a feeling my GT1 slot will be 1RH - 10RS - 10RS - 9RS.

I'm just going it to the 5pm slot unless QT is a disaster 2 stop soft first and finish on the hard. Gulp

Edit:

Currently sat in the pits with 30 mins to go.

How in the hell can/should/are B lobbies cleaner than A lobbies. First lap, first lap, first lap in a LONG HEAVY DAMAGE race

The mind truly boggles at these things.

Last edited:
Rank C race. Qualified p6 ( 1'32"350). RH for one lap, switch to RS for 11 laps and an another batch of RS for the last 8 laps. Finished 2nd with a perfect race. What a pleasure to pass all the RH cars who struggle for the last 5 laps 😏
That was a nice idea and I copied your strategy. It was good fun but being slower than you it didn't pay off in the end I think. Starting as second I ended as fifth with some minor and unforced failures by myself. Traffic did cost some time, too. But nonetheless it was a good fun and I want to thank you for your inspiration. 😃

Apoligies @Fezzik, I picked the same team and theme, it's not as if any other livery theme was ever an option with this car.

Qualified 14th, not helped by some idiot who decided who try and get alongside me on the exit of Junção to head out towards the first flying lap. Decided to abort that lap before it begun by exiting back to the pits for a fresh set of tyres and to slip back into some clear air.

Started on hards aiming for 1st lap switch to softs and a later stop around mid-race. First lap got a bit hairy on the run down to Descida do Lago with a couple of cars ahead slow out of Curva do Sol causing us all to bunch up. Discretion was the better part of valour here, I lifted and dropped back to 16th behind what I'd hoped would be some mayhem, but everyone did a great job of giving each other room and handled a dangerous situation well.

Autódromo de Interlagos_.jpeg

The clean racing carried on throughout the race, not much in the way of incidents, and fair fights for position. I was up to P11 before a mid race stop for fresh tyres, this dropped me back 15th.

As the final stint went on I was up to 9th, with my eyes on 7th not too far ahead, but it was not to be. Instead it turned out the cars behind were catching me instead. I've lost track of the ups and downs over the final laps, some up passing cars presumably on hards. Some downs as faster drivers recover from earlier delays.

10th at the end, frustratingly close to 7th, if I could have been a bit faster earlier in the race it would have been nice extra points bonus.
Autódromo de Interlagos__3.jpeg

Thankfully he ghosted in time.
Autódromo de Interlagos__1.jpeg

Autódromo de Interlagos__4.jpeg

Good morning, I've been away on travel, returned on the redeye fri. morning. Didn't do much driving yesterday and still a bit groggy this morning, but, I have a second account just for these reasons!

With very little thought and only slightly more practice I chose Chevy. It's a capable gr.3 car that I almost never drive, so here goes...

Mid B on this account (some poor racing prior to my travel!), I Qd P12, a full second off P1. Started on RH and was the only one to pit lap 1. Reading this forum, I had it in my mind to do a two stop (forgot this was 20 laps, not 30). But by lap 10 or so, I've been picking off the back runners and the tires look pretty okay. So I push on for a 1H19S race. Move up six places with clean laps, finish P6 and CRB.

Might even go again later today (after a nap!), but my pace in the 33s, falling off about a second on worn softs won't cut it in GT1, I'm sure. Will save that for next weeks racing.

Either the vette is good on tires, or going to a wheel made a huge difference, I doubt I go 19S in my controller days.

Got to say, I have second account for a variety of reasons and Gr.4 was one of them. But I'm not shedding any tears for missing gr.4 in the GT2 league. Also, thank you PD for keeping these once a week and on saturday. I'll recant my thankyou if you start nations in the middle of this and on wednesdays!

Good luck everyone!

Good morning, I've been away on travel, returned on the redeye fri. morning. Didn't do much driving yesterday and still a bit groggy this morning, but, I have a second account just for these reasons!
Similar situation. Just got back from vacation. Spent the last ~7 hours driving a real car and have no motivation to jump into a virtual car (not that this is a combo I am chomping at the bit to do anyway as we just had it at the last Manu), even on an alt. Will read y'alls races and live vicariously through you.

GLHF and all that!

Next round has me curious as we don't see Tokyo often at all.

Learnt a bit of a strategy lesson today...

Everything seemed to be going to plan with a P4 quali time and a solid first lap. Started on the softs, same as two of the three cars ahead so I jumped into third and was quite comfortable until picking up a track limits pen on lap 9 and dropping to P4 behind a Merc.

IMG_9156.JPG

Now I had another Porsche behind and they was pressuring me.... and due to the pressure I was eating up my tyres and pitted too early, at the end of 12...

The other Porsche did one or two laps more, came out a few seconds behind and we continued our battle without him getting quite close enough for any moves. I was still hovering about 3/4th but again I was chewing up tyres too fast, probably not helped by having to run most of the race with someone quicker right on my bumper!

IMG_9157.JPG

There were right on me at the end of lap 26 so I decided to change for hards, once again at least a lap too early. Coming out the pits I quickly met all the people who did the first lap on hards finishing their race on softs... :ouch:

IMG_9158.JPG

So I limped home in P8 (with my Porsche buddy getting his hards on the final lap and somehow finishing a second behind). Wrong strategy today and I think the Porsche was not best for tyre wear too. But still nearly 200 points... that'll do for today :cheers:

Last edited:
Back