Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments

2024 Manufacturers and Nations liveries (no Evo II aero kit for Audi):
1719323598138.png

1719323616822.png

Last edited:
I see Nations is the X2019 at Road Atlanta. I can't imagine doing a good 35-lap stint of that - I remember when we got that time trial combination being happy when I just got around the track once!

A GTWS round on a Tokyo circuit? They remembered Tokyo exists?

All Gr3 events for every league, not just Gr1 - a sign of the future, goodbye official Gr4 races.
There's a few manufacturers I've avoided because I can't stand their Gr4 options (BMW, Suzuki, Mazda, etc) - may take this opportunity to sign with one of them.
No midweek races either - hallelujah, a win for the workers ;)

Last edited:
Glad I only have two manufacturers to test for this season. Citroen and Jaguar were the only ones unpicked by any Canadian drivers in the qualifiers. Not sure if I'll even have time to test both of those before Saturday.

I see that the fuel multiplier in all the races is 1x. Maybe this would be a good season to get Citroen out of way. That car revs so high, it's terrible on fuel.

The Autopolis tyre regs look a bit weird. 10 lap race, all 3 compounds available but none required and no mandatory stop. Surely the softs will last 10 laps at 2x wear?
It'll be on the new physics which from the live event appear to increase the tyre wear on softer compounds significantly. Could still be softs meta but in theory could be more profitable to race on mediums or Hards

It'll be on the new physics which from the live event appear to increase the tyre wear on softer compounds significantly. Could still be softs meta but in theory could be more profitable to race on mediums or Hards
Makes sense. As a slow & steady driver who's one upside is tyre preservation this update may be very favourable.

I compared tyre wear from the x4 race at Interlagos last year to the live race from Saturday with x3. A typical opening stint last year was 13/14 laps, x1 would therefore be approx 55 laps. While Fraga got 9, which x1 would be 27. Spitballing with limited info and no idea if different techniques will help or hinder us in comparison to now but wear on softs is likely to be around double what we're used to.

I've been hanging fire on writing a thing for this because it seems odd that there's Manu but no Nations...

... and yet... 🤷‍♂️

I've been hanging fire on writing a thing for this because it seems odd that there's Manu but no Nations...

... and yet... 🤷‍♂️
I wonder if the Nations season will come after the live event in Prague. The length of the this Manu Cup season lines up with that.

Or maybe they will schedule Nations races on the Wednesdays in between the Manu races and are just waiting a few days to announce it so it doesn't get any more lead time than Manu did.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Exhibition Season Begins This Weekend

Polyphony Digital has announced a short, surprise Exhibition Season for the 2024 Gran Turismo World Series, beginning this coming weekend and filling the esports gap between the Montreal and Prague live events...

Wish there were more races for this but pretty happy the races all take place on saturdays. As someone who works 2 or 3 shifts races on wednesday were always tough.

After the recent Spa TT and the fun I had there with the Huracan signing with Lambo for my main was a no brainer. Also took one of my very few wins on Interlagos with the Huracan in one of the last Nations Cups.

Was a bit surprised that the game gave me a GT4 Huracan too 😅

It is maybe also worth noting that the final two races will occur after the 1.49 update comes out on July 25. We can only guess how the physics changes in the update will affect the cars for those races.
Yeah, for sure.

Given everyone seems to expect tyre life changes, Autopolis having all compounds usable almost seems designed as a to teach us how the various compounds work post-update.

Back