Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,920 comments
Crazy that they nerfed the R8 Evo and boosted the older NSX. Always thought that NSX was the stronger car. Feeling a bit jaded.. they nerfed ma baby! /endrant.

Not sure if I'll compete this weekend as I won't be home most of Saturday and don't anticipate having the energy at the end of the day. If I do, it'll be on my GT2 account to get a quick taste of racing with the update.

Good luck to everyone who will be giving it a go.
You see, the issue with the R8 is it's not Japanese. At this point, you should've know better... so I put this 100% on you. :lol:

(I picked German and two French manus so I am no better lol)
Given the testing that I've done so far -- which isn't all that much -- I'm feeling like I will only run the RSs for qualifying and go with RMs for the race.
Watching Digit now... he's also saying the RMs for the race. So you're definitely on to something!

No need to log on for a second then with those rewards. Just catch it direct on YT.
Not even to sell them for credits?

Last edited:
Anyone else doing custom races find that the AI didn't get the memo regarding a physics change?! I've never seen so many yellow flags (that weren't caused by me)!

I ran a couple races this morning, one on softs and one on meds. I wasn't pushing pace, in fact, I have barely practiced here in my vette at all. I was more interested in just feeling out everything. Like a lot of people, the update did more to our wheels than expected, so separating wheel changes from physics changes is hard. Basically everything feels different.

My soft race, I had about 50% on my front tire at the end of lap 8. It was only then that I started feeling the effect of worn tires and only gave up 1-2 seconds per lap on those last two laps. I was thinking, this isn't so bad.

The medium tires didn't show any significant wear at all. I finished that race slightly quicker, but they aren't directly comparable since I was driving through traffic. I was probably also more comfortable on the pace, although still taking it easy. I can say, on meds, with my heavy foot, I had to be more careful of spinning. I think the softs let me get away with some poor technique!

Good luck everyone!

Anyone else doing custom races find that the AI didn't get the memo regarding a physics change?! I've never seen so many yellow flags (that weren't caused by me)!

I ran a couple races this morning, one on softs and one on meds. I wasn't pushing pace, in fact, I have barely practiced here in my vette at all. I was more interested in just feeling out everything. Like a lot of people, the update did more to our wheels than expected, so separating wheel changes from physics changes is hard. Basically everything feels different.

My soft race, I had about 50% on my front tire at the end of lap 8. It was only then that I started feeling the effect of worn tires and only gave up 1-2 seconds per lap on those last two laps. I was thinking, this isn't so bad.

The medium tires didn't show any significant wear at all. I finished that race slightly quicker, but they aren't directly comparable since I was driving through traffic. I was probably also more comfortable on the pace, although still taking it easy. I can say, on meds, with my heavy foot, I had to be more careful of spinning. I think the softs let me get away with some poor technique!

Good luck everyone!
Interesting - did you run any BB? i wonder if i went softs with BB set to 5 would that help them last the whole race? or rather go medium as pleb controller driver

Any tips for the exhibition race?? I'm caught with the Aston Martin but I just cannot seem to string a good lap together. I'm stuck at a 1:46.4 and I just cannot seem to find anymore time. I think I'm running too much Brake Balance at +5 but if I turn it down I seem to be slower. I can't seem to load a ghost, it must be disabled for this??

Edit: I had ghost turned off 😅🙈

Last edited:
So trying to get used to the new physics, think I am a bit positive about it till now. Noticed in a practice race coming out of the pits with new medium tyres that the moment I went full throttle I totally lost the car. Seems you now have to be really carefull with cold tyres, that's new!? nice one!

Unfortunately I will not do Autopolis tomorrow, which is a shame as my laptimes show I am quite competitive there. But I am doing an evening shift tomorrow and then a morning shift on sunday so not really will have the oppertunity to race, need a bit of sleep inbetween too. But will check here to see how you all doing. Good luck to you all tomorrow!!

I thought this was a subtle good feature added, liek a broadcast mode if you will, where you could hear the commentary of Tom and Jimmy but the race is rendered in-game in the ps5 of the world finals from Montreal, pretty cool feature and nice to analyse the champs racing lines!

SO cool!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240726145558.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240726145544.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240726145449.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240726145611.jpg

Softs might be doable after all. I did +5BB and took extra care on T1 braking (which is where I tend to lose the rears a bit). In final three laps, I had to reset BB to 0 just for T1 before reverting to +5. Lap times came out to be consistent.

I also used the tire temperature app for first time. Watching temperature on it gave me confidence to keep pushing after seeing that minor lateral skidding did not raise the temperature much. The phone displaying the tire temperature sat just below the TV, so it almost looked like a part of the stats on-screen.
1722028790139.png

I am still a bit apprehensive overall because it used to be impossible for me to spin any car. But now, if I start spinning due to an overheating rear tire, I can't stop it.

I am still planning to run mediums.

Last edited:
Softs might be doable after all. I did +5BB and took extra care on T1 braking (which is where I tend to lose the rears a bit). In final three laps, I had to reset BB to 0 just for T1 before reverting to +5. Lap times came out to be consistent.

I also used the tire temperature app for first time. Watching temperature on it gave me confidence to keep pushing after seeing that minor lateral skidding did not raise the temperature much. The phone displaying the tire temperature sat just below the TV, so it almost looked like a part of the stats on-screen.
View attachment 1375873

I am still a bit apprehensive overall because it used to be impossible for me to spin any car. But now, if I start spinning due to an overheating rear tire, I can't stop it.
Watching Digit's stream earlier, for those who started on the RS, their times were starting to fall off as early as lap four. Shortly thereafter, the RM runners were faster.

Thing is, on this track it's going to be very hard to pass. So people who are starting on RS tires may get hosed being held up my RM cars in front at the beginning; conversely, those running RMs may get held up by soft runners towards the end. Makes me nervous because we know how many are in the game and rather than be patient while looking for a move - or worse yet, being unable to get around at all - often means you'll just get pushed/punted out of the way.

Watching Digit's stream earlier, for those who started on the RS, their times were starting to fall off as early as lap four. Shortly thereafter, the RM runners were faster.
that surprises me a small bit... My times held up (accounting for traffic against AI) until lap ~8 and 50% wear. But then... my best laps are likely slower than their worst!

Point taken, however, regarding struggling with different runners on different strats. I haven't really decided which one to do. So maybe I'll do both (alt account!)

that surprises me a small bit... My times held up (accounting for traffic against AI) until lap ~8 and 50% wear. But then... my best laps are likely slower than their worst!

Point taken, however, regarding struggling with different runners on different strats. I haven't really decided which one to do. So maybe I'll do both (alt account!)
Basically comes down to this: do you want to get punted at the beginning of the race or at the end of the race? :lol:

My times held up (accounting for traffic against AI) until lap ~8 and 50% wear.
You’re simply smooth despite being new on the wheel. :)

In an earlier attempt on softs, I had worn out the front left tire completely by lap 8 and I was actually slower throughout than the second attempt where I ran smoothly till the end. Also, I just ran mediums and I was faster overall on them vs softs, and the wear was minimal.

So basically, this update has made the game more realistic. I have always been smoother on mediums than on softs, and now it shows in the tire wear thanks to this update. I bet that for you, softs is the better strategy since you are driving smoothly on them.

I feel that spinning definitely takes a considerable toll on the tires. If I keep pushing hard and keep making mistakes, the tires go bald fast.

Last edited:
First Euro GT2 slot, low B pt (74 points for the win) lobby. #3 board.

Qualified P9 in the Beetle with a 48 flat. Caught some slow traffic on the 2nd flying lap so could’ve been faster. Hadn’t done a full tyre test so decided to play it safe and start on the mediums.

Held my own over the first couple of laps and picked up a couple of spots. From lap 3 was running in some clean air, couple of seconds gap each way. One Jag ahead pitted from softs on lap 5, a leading Porsche spun off around the same time.

Was running 5th entering the last few laps, 12 seconds off the lead and about 5 behind the podium battle, when the gaps ahead started to drop significantly. I was just doing consistent 49s on the RMs with minimal tyre wear. One more leading car ran out of tyres and went off, and I was right on the back of the new 3rd place for the last lap.

IMG_4580.jpeg

Just couldn’t find a clean passing spot and dropped back in the dirty air.

Brought the lovebug home for P4 and 64 points. Looking at my tyres on that last lap I could probably have risked the softs and maybe snagged a podium. Oh well.

IMG_4582.jpeg

I'm liking the new physics so far. Braking can be inconsistent but I'm not having the understeer that I used to have. I can see myself progressing a little up the B ranks finally.

Was in a lobby with someone on my friends list. We swapped pleasantries.
First qualy lap had me in provisional pole. But even though I improved over my second lap my 46.4 left me 3rd on the grid 0.2 seconds behind my friend in pole.
I went to the meds as that was the advice from here. I guessed everyone else would go soft. So I was nervous for the first few laps.
T1 and I slightly misjudged the braking and gave P2 a tap. No harm nor foul. This did put me into the clutches of the RX Vision behind and I dropped of the top 2 a little. The Mazda made the move into the uphill hairpin and I didn't fight. My chance was later in the race.
My friend took too much kerb through turn 14 which pitched them off. I was pulling away from those behind with the exception of a Fin in a McLaren but the top 2 were not gaining too much on me either which was definitely putting me in a good mood for the rest of the race. It was lap 4 before the Fin finally got past also into the T11 hairpin. Around lap 5 I started to see the crossover and those ahead were starting to loose time to me. This lap the Mazda ahead went too wide through T12 and went for a spin. The McLaren was right ahead so the race was certainly swinging my way. Lap 8 and I ran wide through T3 but it only cost me a second if that. Going onto the last lap the top 3 were line astern. Probably made good TV.
655a6b5b9eea6879d23979b718f8914a_photo.webp

I bumped the McLaren in the hopes they would fight the Merc too hard and I would slip through. The McLaren went into the lead at T1.
The Merc went wide through the T6 hairpin and I got past into P2. However the McLaren was just too far ahead to gain enough and I had to settle for a brilliant P2.
I could have had the win if I was more agressive instead of bumping the McLaren. However recent experiences made me more cautious.
Looking at the tyres post race.
FR softs were dead and they were falling all over the place. (As what happened to the Merc) MR cars can use the softs. Pace will go a little but there won't be danger to falling off. (Except your own driving)
I was definitely faster on the meds at the end of the race compared to the soft runners. Also I didn't feel too disadvantaged at the start of the race.

Good luck everyone.

Had another run with the MadPanda AMG in GT3, mixed B/C lobby. Again went with the mediums. Started 10th, finished 5th which is a monster drive considering where I was on the exit of the first corner.

IMG_4583.jpeg

Had a 4 second penalty to go with that, thanks to some pinball courtesy of the many SR B & C drivers in the lobby. My punishment I guess for (at the start) having a maxed out SR myself - PD logic!

I tried a custom race and I started hating softs at just 6th lap. They don't like to turn right when halfway depleted!

The mediums felt pretty stable throughout (I tried till 8th lap) but at the same time, it is quite a struggle not to lose grip frequently and dance around, heating up the tires, and dance around even more due to low grip. Overall, I still liked mediums more. I just need to learn to release brakes more gradually. Mediums is my strategy so far this weekend if I get chance to take part.

Usually I would set BB all way back to preserve front tires, but can't really do that here as I lose grip on corner entries due to steering while still braking.

Btw, the AI/bots spun a lot in my custom races. When they tried to recover, they spun even more.
Used this Strategy this morning and was able to finish 2nd. As expected you might loose some positions during first rounds. Then just to stay as close as possible to the soft tire participants. Sth. Like round 7 opponents started to struggle with loosing grip and I could start gaining positions again.

I'm attending GT3 with Porsche and was starting from P3.

Last edited:
My testing had me 4 seconds quicker on mediums in the 4C. The softs were dropping off from lap 4 and the lack of grip is much more pronounced than it used to be.

By the end I was running 4 seconds a lap slower. The pit loss makes a one stop unviable as well.

My first race will be in an hour and a half. Should be interesting.

I did 3 GT2 races this morning, the softs just lasted in the first race as the pace was slow but in the last race the fronts were shot to pieces by lap 8 and passed by 2 people on the last lap.

In my GT1 race this afternoon I'm definitely going with the mediums

I absolutely hate how the GT3 cars drive now. It's like a weird hybrid of GT physics and trying to be like ACC but not nailing either.

Lots of lag in the lobbies as well as a few wheeling cars

Last edited:
Just did my first Exhibition race. Complete disaster 😪 The vantage was a stupid choice of car to start with 🙈 Anyway, started p10 on mediums as I figured the softs would definitely not last on that car. Survived the usual first lap chaos and found myself in 4th place, happy out minding my own business and some lunatic Italian just rammed me clean off the track 🤬🤬. Came back on in 9th and left 3 cars through as I had damage and dirty tyres. Got back up to 9th and the same thing again, just a blatant hit that sent me around again. Rejoined in 13th and luckily for me the softs were causing havoc for some. Ended up 9th. Will try another one but I'm kicking myself for picking the Aston, it's atrocious 😪😪

Last edited:
The plans I had this morning got postponed so I did a couple in AO. Ran RMs both races. After watching the replays, the field was pretty split on strategies. Some cars were able to make the RS last; others LF tire was dead to the world with laps to go. I noticed the GT-R 18 and McLaren both had what looked to be healthy RS tires at the end (like, half life remaining).

The Renault, which is typically bad on tires - especially rears - seemed to now be pretty good. Proof? Well, my tire wear was the same as a McLarens on RM, and another McLaren - as previously mentioned - still had a chunk of white on the RS. A=B=C, then A=C. I was running -2 BBs to help the rears since it's an MR car figured I'd help the rears... however, the fronts were wearing quicker! Of course the LF was the worst, but overall the tires were wearing much more evenly. Ended up changing BB to +1 mid race, and eventually +3 towards the end (which is fine by me as it helps rotation); race two, I started with BB+3.

If your car is really good on tires you might be able to get away with the RSs. But, I still think RMs is the way to go; either one seems like it can work... YMMV.

Race 1:

Q3? I actually don't recall. Had some good racing with this Lexus until his tires fell off. He was running RMs but the fronts were almost completely dead by teh end. I feel he just sliding the front too much? Finished P2, a RM running Porsche won by 10+ seconds. I couldn't close the gap at all once clearing the Lexus. GG.

63406c3daf036d059fb18b7972972d67_photo.webp

582ae69d18d7be209033297cfbf7f3f9_photo.webp

Second race, much stronger lobby, Q5 (45.7?). Again, I don't recall. Anyway, got push-to-pass in T1 by a Porsche running RS. A few laps later said Porsche and another would come to blows and go off track.

That lap at the hairpin I got hit pretty hard in another push-to-pass by a McLaren. I was hit hard enough to get damage. He apologized after the race but didn't wait in the race... so, okay. That same McLaren and a different Porsche would fight later in the race and they'd both go off. Now I am P4. Over the next few laps I started reeling in a Ford GT18 driver pulling him in from almost four seconds to on his tail from lap eight to 10, respectfully; he was on RS tires.

After T1, L10, he actually hit the hazards and let me by. Fair play and it likely saved him P4 as if we were to fight it would've cost both of use a lot of time and P5 would've been behind us super quick. P3 finish (Ford kept P4 but barely) for 143 points.

cbe34bce44f630efe913a5174164a143_photo.webp

89d3ed1ade54d13ea22c4ee96a13d2b8_photo.webp

Thankfully I am getting used to these physics. Overall kinda boring race. A Daily C in wolf's clothing. If PD was attempting to make the tire wear such that RS and RMs would be overall similar race times, they nailed it. So takt that for what it's worth. So, I guess there was some strat here (RS vs RM for race) but no pitting and no rain which was a bit of a bummer.

Last edited:
GT2 low B - only one run
Qualified P11 bad lap and theres always somebody who plebs and gets in my way xD
f9a77eff108c41bab627f06adc610d94_photo.webp

9265a91f6d9a047a79ca0477f240be37_photo.webp

Race - started fine went with Mediums because i didnt wanted to risk it in the P1 carnage happened alot of people went off and even pinball physics got me but thankfully managed to go back and started properly moving from P11 to P9 in lap 1 then after that not much happened just slowly started climbing as most drivers most likely chose Softs but they didnt lasted , in the last lap ended up in P6
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240727133233.jpg

kinda alright race but boring imho , autopolis didnt help hopefully i will have more luck in the Nurb GP
have fun and good luck out there 👍

Last edited:
I stupidly went for Aston Martin for my first ever attempt at this craic. It's truly awful, I don't know what I was thinking 😅😅 Anyway, just finished the 15:00 slot and I didn't do too bad. This car works very consistently on the mediums for the whole race, I made up 3 spots on the last 3 laps as others struggled. Well happy with 2nd from P8 👍

Attachments

• 20240727_153244.jpg
    20240727_153244.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240727_153131.jpg
    20240727_153131.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3
I stupidly went for Aston Martin for my first ever attempt at this craic. It's truly awful, I don't know what I was thinking 😅😅 Anyway, just finished the 15:00 slot and I didn't do too bad. This car works very consistently on the mediums for the whole race, I made up 3 spots on the last 3 laps as others struggled. Well happy with 2nd from P8 👍
Old Jordan livery on your car... love it! :cheers:

Round 3 at the APolis!! GT2 League - Low B's I think, Ok so this tyre model and physics has to be dicussed here, it has gotten worse IMO.

So I tackeld the 11am slot for the MCWS Round 3 at Autopolis, overalll my start was good did a 1:47min laptiem in free practice with my V12 vantage GT3 car. Quailifying put me in pole for liek 2secs then a brit fellow racer called Jamie pipped me to it. My seocnd qualiy lap was rubbish slow. Some racer also dont give space when wualifying and purposely bump you as a tactic to slow you down. That needs to change.

Onto the race, started off in 4th place, and chugged my through early, i was chasing in 4th the top 3 guys, a russian and two brits racers. My pace was ok the first 5-6 laps but my tyre choice may have cost me as I used the RS tyres becuase i was still thinkign fo old physhics model.

This seemed to cost me on later laps as I started to lose alot of pace and then they got a good 3-4 secs gap on me the top three cars. In replay review, The russian kinda plowed the 1st place guy and he wasnt happy post race. My pace slowed down so bad that on the last lap I was bumped passed by a spanish racer int he NSX GT3 (pics below) and this is was very annoying when it happens, as they dont slow down and act all smug afterwards, but I left it.

So ended up finishing 5th overall, got some good points!

I just feel right now, this physics model in update 1.49 doesn't favour Controller users, I had a lot more control and pace before the update with my Dualsense. Now when trye wear kicks in it is atrocious, you are literally battling understeer, which makes no sense in the setup I have for my FR car?

Sure tyres degrade but not so much in a 10 lap short sprint at best? You are literally at snail pace, when tyres die which didnt happen before. You coudl still keep some pace with snap ioverseterring happenign more.

I just think PD need to roll it back until they have tested it a bit more. I am not in a positon to invest money in an expensive wheel or simrig like other YT racers do right now to get quicker lol.

Anyways, enjoy Post race pics!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240727110000.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727110157.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727110815.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727110750.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727110202.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727111059.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727113136.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727111133.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727111114.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727113150.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727113159.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727113423.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727114951.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727114251.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727114142.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727115302.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727115421.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240727115617.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by that. It's the same it just doesn't go away on its own. So you'll carry it for the remainder of the race, or if you pit to fix it (which can take up to six seconds depending on how bad it is).
Sorry I meant how much contact are people making.

I haven't done a lot of GT1 races and definitely not a lot at Autopolis. The GT2 races are hard to benchmark as the quality of them varies drastically.

Largely for me at least they were contact free. The odd door bang straightening up or slight rear tap. Nothing too full on.

I should have said what I meant.

Last edited:
Back