Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,923 comments
First slot on my GT2 account. Vette and ran RS. I am complete garbage at live qualifying, started Q12. A few offs on turn 1 and pass a RM(?) runner on the final corner to put me P8.

I had a lot more space than my practice running in the middle of the AIs, so I scrubbed the tires a bit harder than I expected. Still, held my position for the last 8 laps. Someone decided to pit, must not have been reading the strategies here! Held off someone from behind for about 3 laps to finish P7 with crb.

Stupidly I went out for 16:00 qualifying on the hard tyre 😅 Needless to say I started P16. The pictures paint a 1000 words...best race I have ever managed on GT7. I know it's not a win but I am still delighted 😊. Having a break now, will do the last at 19:00 🤞🤞 my luck continues

Attachments

• 20240727_163141.jpg
    20240727_163141.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240727_163247.jpg
    20240727_163247.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 3
Stupidly I went out for 16:00 qualifying on the hard tyre 😅 Needless to say I started P16. The pictures paint a 1000 words...best race I have ever managed on GT7. I know it's not a win but I am still delighted 😊. Having a break now, will do the last at 19:00 🤞🤞 my luck continues
Just want to make sure you’re aware that only the last race you do each round counts towards the overall standings. So you might want to stick on a P2, up to you of course! Good luck if you go again.

Thinking softs may be the way to go. Tried a RM race and finished 2nd after qualifying 2nd and being punted L1T1 to 4th.

Though GT2 tends to be argy-bargy, I expected the RMs to offer more at the end of the race but they just... didn't. Couldn't make up much time once I got back to 2nd (lap 8).

Not sure if I'll run in GT1 yet. The new physics is taking a bit to adjust to in race cars.

Last edited:
Started 9th. I didn't manage a really good lap in qualifying but based on my practices I could only have managed one or two more places. The usual range of people went off at the first corner and I made up some places. By lap 2 I was in 4th behind a Dodge. Spent a bunch of laps trying to pass him but couldn't really find a place. I was much faster than him in the final sector but on every straight he just had too much speed and stayed ahead.

On lap 9 he went wide at the long left hander after the bottom of the hill and I pounced. I hit him on the way through but looking at the replay I was as close to the inside as I could be and he moved across quite a lot when he came back on.

Autopolis International Racing Course_.jpeg

By the end of the race I think I was about 2 seconds ahead of him so it probably stung less for him. Ended up 3rd, 104 points. I think this is my best points total outside of the wet Suzuka race I won. I think I might have been able to chase down 2nd if I hadn't been stuck behind the Dodge but it was still a fun race.

I was actually surprised by my pace here. I don't like Autopolis and I'm not sure what the '18 GT-R is actually good at, but I managed and didn't feel like I was fighting the car the way I did with the '13 at circuits like this.

And since I forgot to mention

Thinking softs may be the way to go. Tried a RM race and finished 2nd after qualifying 2nd being punted L1T1 to 4th.

Though GT2 tends to be argy-bargy, I expected the RMs to offer more at the end of the race but they just... didn't. Couldn't make up much time once I got back to 2nd (lap 8).

Not sure if I'll run in GT1 yet. The new physics is taking a bit to adjust to in race cars.
I was on mediums in a ~115 point lobby. Most of the lobby was on mediums, one poor sap in a Porsche was on softs and very obviously driving with a controller and he had a bad time.

I don't think GT2 lobbies are really fast enough to make the most of softs, but at the same time they're not likely to wear the softs out. It depends on how confident you are in making the tyres last but I don't think it's worth the risk trying softs.

And since I forgot to mention

I was on mediums in a ~115 point lobby. Most of the lobby was on mediums, one poor sap in a Porsche was on softs and very obviously driving with a controller and he had a bad time.

I don't think GT2 lobbies are really fast enough to make the most of softs, but at the same time they're not likely to wear the softs out. It depends on how confident you are in making the tyres last but I don't think it's worth the risk trying softs.
Maybe. I'll try a another GT2 event to test. On RM in the R8 Evo, my worst tyre at the end was the front left with about 1/2 tyre life left. I think that's enough to keep the softs alive.. Whether it's faster remains to be seen 🤔.

I was nursing my RMs for the first few laps after my shunt though so maybe it's a bit deceiving...

Last edited:
I just don't understand how in A/S lobbies the absolute kill your grandmother thirst to get to the front is a thing in a 25 minute race

GT1 - congested qually, every time I made space someone jumped in it. Like trying to park at a busy Tesco/costco 🤣

On the 3rd corner I had the sweaty door number one out of position and so he didn't prise the door open, just took a crowbar to it....fine I can deal with that. But then the chancer sort of behind him thought he'd have a go as well.

Rear wheel and bumper damage I carried for the whole race.

Those two got down the road leaving bodies everywhere. When I caught up to the stragglers like myself it was those 2 pitting both on softs and repairing the untold damage they had.

I'm not going to go again as I don't enjoy this track particularly.

I just find it funny as hell these peeps pop up make stupid impatient decisions and then look we are all last. Well done you "racers" and I don't think they care or know any different either 🤷‍♂️

It's not going to be my day, it seems. Did slot 1 and 2 in America GT2 and got dumped to the back in both for P11 and P12 finishes. Lost a little DR in both and couldn't improve my score.

Gonna take a break and probably try again as I feel I can snag a top 5 with the RM tire strategy. Just have to avoid the RS guys early on.

Gonna take a break and probably try again as I feel I can snag a top 5 with the RM tire strategy. Just have to avoid the RS guys early on.
The way the track flows the RS advantage isn't that big especially early on if it stays relatively trouble free there is no where to really get the edge with the softs.

Especially is the top few are pressuring each other. If the field spreads and traffic is heavy in the mid pack they can hold it at the end.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but according to the points ranking I have nothing 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ does it take long to appear?
It counts the last race you finished ignoring points you have to finish a race

Secondly it formalises the points in the morning for us in the morning.

As was pointed out earlier "only your last race counts" and if you quit that etc you score no points.

Chill in reality it will all be sorted in the morning. It's delayed to allow the US lobbies to finish.

As was pointed out earlier "only your last race counts" and if you quit that etc you score no points.

Chill in reality it will all be sorted in the morning. It's delayed to allow the US lobbies to finish.
I didn't try again after the advice above 👍 I just didn't know how it works is all.

Does anyone know by chance from prior experience If I need to attend all four races to get the points from 2 best races accumulated? I'm not sure If I'll be able to attend the last race (timewise) but it would be a pity if this would mean that only 1 race will be considered.

Does anyone know by chance from prior experience If I need to attend all four races to get the points from 2 best races accumulated? I'm not sure If I'll be able to attend the last race (timewise) but it would be a pity if this would mean that only 1 race will be considered.
Just the last race you do counts.

That applies to each round.

Even if you do a lap and park it in the pits that score if it's your last will count.

If you don't race you keep you accumulated score but will get no points for that round that you didn't participate in.

I think the Part with the last race per round was clear.
I was rather referring to counting of round totals which Staates;

"For example:
 - After two rounds, the points from the best round will represent the final score.
 - After all four rounds, the points from the two best rounds will represent the final score"

"For example:
 - After two rounds, the points from the best round will represent the final score.
 - After all four rounds, the points from the two best rounds will represent the final score"

Outside of World Series qualifying we just get our best rounds added up.

Unless you are fighting it 300+ points lobbies with A+ and S drivers the points are what they are in the morning.

so genuinely im not sure what difference it makes in reality apart from winning a local regions or placing well for your manufacturer?

"For example:

"For example:

Any 2 rounds will count, or any 1 round if that is all you can do.

Well that was an eventful 2 races......

The first slot i jumped into was the 5PM (UK) slot, and i was door 13 in a 292 point lobby and i qualified P6. I decided to go with soft tyres for this race because the softs were holding up well in the practice races i had done. I had a good battle with a guy in a Porsche who was on mediums and it took me a while to get past, but once i did, i was into P4 and i had created a 1.5 second gap to the Porsche behind. Then on lap 8, when i had about 45% health in my left rear tyre, all of a sudden my car wouldn't grip and the rear was sliding all over the place, and the sliding caused my tyres to completely die, which made me lose a couple of positions. I finished the race with 0% health in my left rear tyre, and i spun at the final corner on the last lap, which caused me to lose a couple more positions, so i ended up finishing P13.

The tyre drop off in the official race was weird because i had done 3 practice races on the softs, and in all 3, the left rear tyre had about 45% health at the start of lap 8 just like in the official race, but in the practice races the Lambos rear end stayed stable and didn't start sliding until towards the end of lap 9 and even then the sliding wasn't severe and i would finish all 3 practice races with about 20% - 25% health in the left rear. So im not entirely sure what happened in the first slot of the official race today.

Autopolis International Racing Course__2.jpeg

Autopolis International Racing Course__5.jpeg

Anyway, on to race 2, which went much better.

For the 2nd and final slot, I was put into a 291 point lobby and i was once again door 13 and i qualified P5. This time i decided to go with the medium tyres. During the first couple of laps i was chasing down a Porsche in front of me while i was consistently managing a half a second gap to a fellow Lambo driver behind me. I gained a position because the guy in P1 who was driving the NSX GT500, cooked his front tyres, plus he made a mistake at T6/T7. I then started gaining on the Porsche in front because he also had a lot of wear on his front tyres.

Then at the start of lap 6 me and the Porsche went side by side into T1, and as we were heading towards T3, GT7's net code decided to screw me and my fellow Lambo driver by teleporting him into the back of my car which gave me rear damage and it gave him front damage. So because of the damage i was losing time on the straights which caused me to drop back from the Porsche and it allowed a BMW on soft tyres to sail through. I was under pressure for the last couple of laps from a Mclaren and the other Lambo, but i managed to hold on to P5 which is a decent result.
Obviously it's a bit disappointing to be shafted out of a potential P3/P4 because the net code screws you over.

Last edited:
The tyre drop off in the official race was weird because i had done 3 practice races on the softs, and in all 3, the left rear tyre had about 45% health at the start of lap 8 just like in the official race, but in the practice races the Lambos rear end stayed stable and didn't start sliding until towards the end of lap 9 and even then the sliding wasn't severe and i would finish all 3 practice races with about 20% - 25% health in the left rear. So im not entirely sure what happened in the first slot of the official race today.
I wonder if the weather and time of day might be playing a factor. I think the race is at a time of day that can't be chosen in custom or lobby races -- closer to noon, if I remember right. The closest time us users can choose is 'afternoon'. I have no idea what the temperature is for the race, either. It could be quite different from whatever you were using in practice.

One more reason for me to stick with RM tires. I've done a few more lobby races for practice and I think RMs is the right choice for me. I'm so slow on this track -- and with the new physics -- that even on RS tires, I can't overtake drivers on RMs. I don't really have much of a shot at overtaking the RS drivers late in the race if I'm on RMs, either, but at least I don't have to worry as much about spinning out towards the end.

I have pretty low expectations for this race, really. Just going to go out and try to have a good time. Good luck to anybody who has yet to race!

Nice to get a decent result after the horror of Tokyo. GT1, A+ lobby, 5pm UK...

Respectable quali put me in 5th and I opted for the mediums along with about 50% of the lobby. The mix of tyres made this an interesting race, lots of movement up and down the field. Made a decent start but was back to P6 when a Merc dived up the inside at the first hairpin.

IMG_9198.JPG

The Merc was a medium runner too and we were closely matched. On lap 3 an Audi on softs overtook us both and under pressure the Merc sent it sideways at the second hairpin. Luckily they ghosted just in time for me to pass through. A few laps later the Audi had toasted his tyres and came back towards me. I got a good run on the main straight and went outside to switch back and overtake at turn one...

IMG_9197.JPG

The Audi fell like a stone and was the only person who pit for new tyres. Now P5 I was catching a Porsche ahead, another soft driver struggling. Plus a few seconds in front of them was a BMW who had nothing left on the front left, desperately trying to make it to the end. In the final turn the Porsche gave the slow BMW a small tap, moving him aside just enough for both of us to squeeze through and race to the line...

IMG_9196.JPG

I didn't see the tap until viewing the replay, very dirty by the Spaniard who took P3 just ahead of me. P4 bagged me about 230 points and my best result of the season so I was pretty happy with that. P1 (Porsche) and P2 (Renault) were both on mediums too so pretty sure I got the strategy right this time (thanks to reading about it here!)...

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Today was a big reality check with new tire wear model - and it's pretty deadly for me...
I can't even make medium tires last to the end of the race (controller user with 100% binary inputs - directionals and X/Square)

First race I qualified 6th and finished dead last, ofcourse I was punted to the grass twice and also spun on my own accord (side effect of tire life) so maybe it was a bad luck race, but I already seen and felt the grip going away well before halfway of the race.

Decided to go again with extra care not to make mistakes. Qualified 4th on softs, started race on mediums. No bigger incidents with other drivers, was even running 3rd on the first laps, but the grip was going away gradually to the point that rear started to come around in most corners from the halfway of the race. Needed to coast more and more to not go sideways, loosing a lot of time to others around. Last two laps it was like drift challenge, saving rear in every corner, loosing easily 2 seconds per lap.
Finished quite distant 8th (out of 11 that made it to the line) and it felt like success.

People with bigger wear on softs had better pace than me on mediums.
It's ofcourse my driving style combined with rubber hungry Ferrari magnified by the recent physics change, but it was only x2 tire wear race. With bigger multiplier I'll end up pitting every 2 laps?

It's not looking too good for me. I'll finish Exhibition and Toyota GR Cup to see how it will look in other rounds, but if it'll hold up I just don't have the pace to race with this conditions.

Outside of World Series qualifying we just get our best rounds added up.

Unless you are fighting it 300+ points lobbies with A+ and S drivers the points are what they are in the morning.

so genuinely im not sure what difference it makes in reality apart from winning a local regions or placing well for your manufacturer?

Last Time I was 1st in secondary local region. It was just 1 very bad race, so I recognized that I seem to be the only one attending from this area 🤣
This time I started with pretty good races, despite not expecting anything. Then I got eager to get a good position in the local ranking, which looks quite good for now.
Indeed the 2 best rounds we're summed up already.

Besides being eager to get such a position by clean racing I also really second that some people take it way too serious. I was already in Last races seeing people with good Qualifying positions kicking other drivers during last Qualifying round Out of the last hairpin curve in Tokyo. But what I saw today was schocking me even more. Someone who really seemed to wait purposely on the side of the track until someone passes to cross the way and probably ruin their time.

First GT1 slot in the Americas -- an unexpected error has occurred.

Yay! I get to wait another two hours to try.
I have had that happen 3 times today, luckily not waiting for a race. Just kept saying server error. Happened over the space of 45 minutes and then fixed itself. I know it wasn't my connection anyway

My takeaway from this round is that the BRZ is going to be the Gr.3 meta a lot on this physics model. It's always been extremely good on tyre wear, and now that being 10% better on wear can be worth multiple seconds (or potentially one less pitstop, or still being able to do the no tyre change on forced 1-stops, or being able to use one step softer compounds) for high-wear races, its ability to not chew through its tyres is going to be super valuable.

The less said about my own race, the better. So I'm going to talk about Prague, for which the format is now up:

RA272s at Eiger with CS tires for the Nations qualifying race should be interesting, to say the least. But what sticks out to me the most is the tire rules. The Manufacturers race (Gr.3 at RBR) has Conditions "To be announced on the day" and no enforced tire change, which to me just about screams rain. And the Nations race (X2019 at Seaside) is just 2 compounds out of Hard/Medium/Soft instead of the typical 3. I think the new physics and tire wear especially will be put to the test with these.

Second account. Stacked lobby. I recognized a lot of the names there from primary account races. The Citroen just feels blah. A 46.1 on quali started me in Q9. The lap felt decent, too.

Like I said, the Citroen just didn't seem to have the pace. Like, it felt fine around a lap, but the time just wasn't there. My Q time was over half a second off my Renault time and my finish time was more than 10 seconds off. Anyway, Q9 on the second account is atypical.

Race starts and everything is fine. Gained a place, then lost two in some of the action. There was some pretty good racing but most of it I was stuck in the wake of a Porsche or two. There was some fighting and some offs from others, and eventually came up to some RS runners which were made short work of. Yadda yadda yadda finished P4 for 143 points. Hard to complain about a Q9 to P4 but just feels like there was more to be had.

1589f35ffc58b51a39273b24a1d88b4b_photo.webp

d9f9ccf2c4ad378f1f2d34a6307c4a38_photo.webp

It was such a good lobby I wish I had a better car. Good luck, Moose... I don't think this is the track for the Citroen. Good news is, the RM tires were pretty good at the end.

Last edited:
Back