Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,933 comments
Wouldn't be surprised if we get one or more of the races from the first two live events:
  • Watkins Glen - tuned road cars
  • Road Atlanta - Red Bull X2019
  • Eiger Nordwand - Honda RA272
  • Dragon Trail Seaside - Red Bull X2019
Now that RA272 at Eiger is a daily race, might want to scratch that out.

Hey, do you think Gran Turismo will show us the August update at the live event this weekend?
No. Also the live event this weekend is in its own thread, as this thread is really for discussing the online races.

Now that RA272 at Eiger is a daily race, might want to scratch that out.
Perhaps. This is PD we're talking about, so who knows?

The road cars at Watkins Glen was also done as a daily race right before the Montreal event, so I suppose by the same reasoning we could eliminate that one.

I'd agree that one of the X2019 races seems most likely.

We had the X2019 time trial at Road Atlanta a few weeks back so we should all be experts at driving that combo now, right? Maybe that's the one that we should expect.

Nations Cup 2024 Exhibition 1 season has been announced.

Round 1 is Dragon Trail - Seaside in the X2019 cars. Round 2 is Eiger Nordwand in RA272. I don't remember the other two and the schedule page isn't loading for me yet.

Edit: The UK page is loading. Round 3 is Monza in SF23. Round 4 is Watkins Glen in Gr.3.

Last edited:
Nations Cup 2024 Exhibition 1 season has been announced.

Round 1 is Dragon Trail - Seaside in the X2019 cars. Round 2 is Eiger Nordwand in RA272. I don't remember the other two and the schedule page isn't loading for me yet.

Edit: The UK page is loading. Round 3 is Monza in SF23. Round 4 is Watkins Glen in Gr.3.
Errrr thanks but no thanks....

IMG_0994.gif

New physics, muted force feedback, two races involve high-downforce cars and a third using the RA272 on Comfort Softs?

death pain GIF by Quartz

Sounds like carnage in the making. I largely skipped GT7 the first couple of weeks after 1.49 launched and I'm still trying to get to grips with how different things feel so woe betide anyone I end up trying to race.

Get Out Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wait, what? First two Nations races are the same as what they JUST DID at the official event?

1723546331769.png

Monza could be fun but will probably be a shrimp show... plus heavy damage? Not so sure about that; the race will be over for most of the grid before exiting T2 L1.

Watkins with Gr3 is always a good combo but that should be saved for a Manu race and not Nations.

I hope the Manu schedule is announced soon. With the Prague event happening late September, I'd suspect it'd need to be soon (and probably another very short one, aka four races I'm assuming).

Last edited:
I doubt we’re getting another manufacturers season until after Tokyo, unless they switch back to Wednesdays.

Interesting to note, the Gr3 race at Watkins shows light damage for GT1, and no tire wear for qualifying. That's gotta be a typo.

Why would they have heavy damage everywhere else (especially SF cars at Monza) but light damage for Gr3 at the Glen?

I doubt we’re getting another manufacturers season until after Tokyo, unless they switch back to Wednesdays.
First thing I thought when I saw this week's C was it was a pre-curser to an upcoming Manu (basically like last week's C is for this Nations).

Last edited:
My guess is that the FFB is as they intended as they haven't acknowledged that it needs fixing etc.

Crazy I kno but PD works in mysterious ways....as we all know....
Hmm

Anytime i watch racing they spend time illustrating how drivers are, ‘real athletes too!’ So its very perplexing that the raciest of car styles is drivable with fingertips on the ddX. Let alone other wheels.

Also, i feel this concept of corporate people actually knowing what their doing, and not being a vampiric pack of backbiting weenies, with sociopathic tendencies, is…misplaced.

It seemed wildly unfair to change the characteristics of the cars part-way through the season when drivers were already locked into their choices.
(Very late reply) Maybe I just have a positive attitude, but I kinda thought this to be comparable to how F1 teams develop their cars through the year. Many titles have been won and lost thanks to mid-season changes.

We also knew in advance that a physics change was coming with rumors pointing to tire behavior being the biggest change. So this mid-season physics change felt real-life like to me.

Once again GT1 and GT2/GT3 get same number of laps, awesome! Yikes, this calendar is pretty bad. If I do take part, I am thinking about playing Super Formula at Monza and Watkins Glen Gr3. Saying this made me realize that I have been participating in minimum number of races for all GTWS events required to get all points. I would say that this is due to a combination of uncreative choices and the introduction of 1-hr Daily Race Cs.

I can’t say I’m a massive fan of this next Nations Cup Exhibition Series, but then again, it is just an Exhibition Series. I’ll see what I can do…

Schedule table for Nations Cup Exhibition Season 1

1000020228.png

GT2/3 have the exact same schedule as GT1 except R3 is a Grid Start with no false start check
Round 4 has no mandatory compounds listed but could be in a similar situation as Round 1 with any 2 being mandatory, however you will have to wait for Round 4 in game and check the settings on there

Schedule table for Nations Cup Exhibition Season 1

View attachment 1380747

GT2/3 have the exact same schedule as GT1 except R3 is a Grid Start with no false start check
Round 4 has no mandatory compounds listed but could be in a similar situation as Round 1 with any 2 being mandatory, however you will have to wait for Round 4 in game and check the settings on there
I really hope they don't require a specific tire for race four. That would really open up the flood gates (hopefully) to many different strats as everyone is trying to find the fastest combo for them and the car they pick.

Man what a low-effort season. I sure hope the event making guy is busy doing something else really important.

Last edited:
Back