GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,542 comments
So it’s early for a Sunday Buffet idea but I got one. It’s all based upon ham. Ham is on sale at the grocery. Black Forest ham. So I learned that Black Forest is also known as Schwarzwald which in German means Black “Schwarz” Forest “Wald”.

So, I know that word from GT League races! So, Sunday…

Schwarzwald League Ham Buffet
EU cars only
700pp limit
Extra points for @oldboy1943 550 HORSEPOWER limit

Dare ya!

Swap cars
Road cars
Race cars
Crap cars

There’s three tracks:
Nordschleife
St. Crouch B
Catalina

Tires are debatable because SS still works.

Last edited:
213CF5F0-135D-440F-9FBC-FD9F0456C73C.jpeg

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Barcelona GP (Full course)
Laps: 7
Car: Gr.4 - BoP - No Tune
Tires: RH

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.
PS 3 - Lobby ends at 12:00

Last edited:
My ham in the fridge is a few hundred miles away from the Black Forest.

I took the tracks from the Schwarzwald events. Seems to span quite a distance.

My ham in the fridge is a few hundred miles away from the Black Forest.

I took the tracks from the Schwarzwald events. Seems to span quite a distance.

Talking about spanning quite a distance, I presume that you meant the Barcelona-Catalunya location, not the island off of the Los Angeles coast. 😁

What happens when three of the most aggressive Anglo countries get together to build a car?

722 GT (2007)
440px-Mercedes_SLR_722_GT.jpg

The SLR 722 GT at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
The 722 GT is a racing version of the SLR 722 which was developed for a one-make racing series called the SLR Club. The cars were built by Ray Mallock Ltd. following requests from enthusiasts with approval from Mercedes-Benz. The car has new wider bodywork to accommodate 18 in (457 mm) OZ racing wheels. The front grill vents are removed and larger, free flowing air extractors sit on the hood and flank the side of the car. The rear now has a fixed racing wing and diffuser.

Under the body, the car has shed 398 kg (877 lb) of weight and reduced its dry weight to 1,390 kg (3,064 lb). The engine remains in relatively stock specification but now generates a power output of 680 PS (500 kW; 671 hp) and 830 N⋅m (612 lb⋅ft) of torque at 1.75 bar (175 kPa) of boost and is equipped with a new racing filter and exhaust system. The car has a modified Eibach racing suspension with a modified stabiliser at the front that improves handling. An adjustable wheel camber along with shock absorbers with variable compression and rebound settings allows the suspension setup to be configured for different race tracks. New 18-inch OZ racing wheels with central locking nuts allow for faster tyre changes while a pneumatic jack system aids further in the process. The stock carbon ceramic braking system has been replaced with an FIA approved racing brake system with steel brake discs having a modified cooling system and balance that ensure improved stopping power. The transmission from the standard car is retained but is now configured for race use.

Inside, the car is stripped out with only the essential functions being available, controlled from a carbon fibre binnacle. The stock steering wheel has been replaced with a racing steering wheel with paddle shifters and a gear change indicator, the heated leather seats have also been removed in favour of Recaro racing bucket seats with six-point racing harness and the gauges have been replaced with a digital racing display. New carbon fibre door panels, plexiglass windows and a full roll cage complete the transformation. Production was limited to just 21 units.

The 722 GT could accelerate from 0–97 km/h (0–60 mph) in 3.3 seconds and could attain a top speed of 315 km/h (196 mph), which is less than the standard SLR due to added aerodynamic drag.

The SLR McLaren 722 GT was available to the North American market exclusively through their dealerships by Renntech.

Be on the look out for a marrk_us to join us. I have sent him a open invitation based on his post and replies to me in it.
I have also sent him a message trying to explain how the getting in the room and party works. He just ordered a headset so we may need to take the time to walk him in. I did tell him join the the room and stay till the chat was working for him.

Good evening Geezers ,here’s the the Lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Racing

RACE 1) @ KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMAGIWA
10 LAPS
700PP ROAD CARS
RH TIRES
FUEL USAGE X 5. /. TIRE WEAR X 5
NO ENGINE SWAP CARS

RACE 2) @ GRAND VALLEY HWY 1
REVERSE
10 LAPS
700PP RACE CARS
RH TIRES
FUEL USAGE X 5 / TIRE WEAR X 5
NO ENGINE SWAP CARS OR VGT CARS OR THE SUZUKI V6 ESCUDO

STANDARD GEEZER RULES AND SETTINGS

HEADSET REQUIRED FOR GEEZER LOBBIES

LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

SEND FRIEND REQUEST TO viper9-al_

SEE EVERYONE WEDNESDAY NIGHT 😱

Last edited:
I will assume race cars on RHs.

Fits nicely with having just got good 700 tune for SLR. I'm willing to share it and the others for it anyone wants it.

Or maybe the ACR-X? If I can drive it constantly that is.
1898bdfa52657-ea5ff4aa228faae1c053b31abd3ddecd6e9bfedc-773_message_432708012803113_1690265675012.jpg

Oh, also told new guy to have a GT-R ready. 😉 But, not what for. 😁

Last edited:
Good evening Geezers. An option for race 2 tomorrow night. For those who don’t like tuning ,group, 3 race cars’ PP can be reduced to 700 PP very easily. I tweaked the downforce on the.GR 3 Mustang without having to reduce power.Did a 151.5 @ the time trial 🇺🇸

If you BOP the race it will reset any changes you do. Thus, the backing the areo down will mean nothing. Sorry but tuning is important to the game. It needs to be learned.

@Big G posted a good tuning chart not a few pages back. It works if just a little time is put into place to learn it.

Last edited:
Back