GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
Anything is possible, don't lose hope that someone backs out, or isn't old enough etc. Great time btw. The 1 track format this year was brutal.

Yeah, I much preferred the knock-out multi-track format last year. Just grinding it out for the magic lap isn't fun for me at all.

Some one could be using a different screename.

Not only that, people could be driving for eachother to get them to the finals. There is no way to tell if someone really put in the work themselves. I had a friend ask me to make a screen name for him and put in times for him, I told him im not quick enough anymore to even get myself in, but it made me think that if someone has 3 friends or teammates they want to make the trip to the finals with them who is to stop them from driving on their ps3 or psn name? lol

I'm shaking my fist over here!

blg_blame_canada.jpg

Yup, I'm that guy! I finished 35th, but with Let Canada In and z06fun not eligible - I officially missed it by .001. FML.

Is there possibly another top 32 racer that is not eligible?

same here man:indiff:

finished 38th with them both out 36th pretty much, your 34th basically. Still a chance man. I heard atleast 4-6 ppl wern't eligible last year so still a chance to get it. Im praying for a miracle.

*sigh*

Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feeling, woo-o-o feeling
Woo-o-o, feel you again in my arms

Yeah, I much preferred the knock-out multi-track format last year. Just grinding it out for the magic lap isn't fun for me at all.

This. At the same time, but the final round being a new track is a great idea. Plus having the last car/track combo being very difficult was also nice. Just didn't like the format.

This. At the same time, but the final round being a new track is a great idea. Plus having the last car/track combo being very difficult was also nice. Just didn't like the format.

Yeah it was definitely a properly difficult combination. I don't think I ever got the first sector right. And I really liked the addition of the cones so we didn't end up with the Lawn and Garden academy again. But one track for two weeks is just brutal. (of course I didn't even start 8-5 til Sunday ;) )

Well im going to go take a long bike ride and calm myself down. Hopefully i will come home to a email saying congratulations lol.:)

Jav
Wow, I feel so bad for you man. Total heart braker. Hope you get in next year you definitely desserve it!

Yeah, heart breaker. Could be worse though... like another EERS situation with the regional top 8 b.s. Good on Sony for fixing that.

I think the margin between 1st and not making was actually greater this year. Does anyone remember what separated the top 8 in each region last year?

My advice to anyone who was struggling this year is to finish your laps! Towards the end I actually was nailing the first sections pretty solid probably within a few tenths of the fast laps, but not once could I finish a lap properly because I spent all my time in the first 2/3 of the track trying to get it down that when I did hit it right I wasn't prepared to his the last few turns proper. I butchered so really nice laps that would have been mid to high 31s because I was restarting too much instead of finishing my laps and getting the last few corners down.

paskowitz
And getting ready for next year starts... NOW!

This will probably be my last year for GT Academy. I'm 36 yrs old with a 2 yr old son. Going to spend more time with my son, less with GT5. I'm a little burned out after your last 2 weeks!

KingBestJr
Well im going to go take a long bike ride and calm myself down. Hopefully i will come home to a email saying congratulations lol.:)

It took a few days to get the email last year so don't freak out if you don't get something immediately.

Congrats on moving on!!

This will probably be my last year for GT Academy. I'm 36 yrs old with a 2 yr old son. Going to spend more time with my son, less with GT5. I'm a little burned out after your last 2 weeks!

Trust me, come next year, when you get that itch, you will have to scratch it.

Wow that was lucky! Literally 2 min left and I finally did it with a 1'30.997 :)
I actually cried a little haha
Great job everyone on this time trial, super sick times out there.
I've never worked so hard in my life.

Good luck to all those going to the finals!
Hopefully i'll join you next year when they Let_Canada_In

paskowitz
I think the margin between 1st and not making was actually greater this year. Does anyone remember what separated the top 8 in each region last year?

I think the difference from the fastest qualifier to the slowest qualifier was .750. However, the total time was just under 4 minutes with both tracks combined times.

Wow that was lucky! Literally 2 min left and I finally did it with a 1'30.997 :)

Yeah nice job buddy. Top 30 in the world! :drool:

They better make Canada their own... the last thing we need on our side of the border is you, lapierre, and nige for competition. :sly:

Well done to all the US guys who advanced and a special shout out to Wardez and Redreevos! Great job everyone :D.

Back