GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
great job everyone. I actually tried at the end to see how I stacked up but I struggled immensely in this track. I had the best sectors literally with a minute to go and I was only trailing the top guy globally by less than a car length and I manage to hit the cones at the last turn. What a total piss off.

But in any case, congrats guys.

paskowitz
I think the margin between 1st and not making was actually greater this year. Does anyone remember what separated the top 8 in each region last year?

Fastest qualifier last year was Gar529 with a 3:56.700. Slowest finalist had a 3:57.446. Difference of .746. My guess was pretty close. :)

I wanted to congratulate everyone who did their best in this time trial for the past two weeks but especially those who qualified for the national finals. Last year the finalists had a great time and this year will certainly be the same, have fun everyone! Now, as turismo-lester said, please arrange something so that we, Canadians who HAVE the speed to attend the National finals can get our shot at it too.

Again, congratulations to everyone who qualified, this is something you have to be proud of!

Thanks thanks thanks! Can't describe the feeling!

0J3ws.gif

I was close last year, 13th in the northeast region, and fell from 6th in the last 3 hours. I'm glad I got my chance now though! ill try to fix my ylod ps3 so I can join practice lobbys with you guys!

here's last year's thread. (apparently my subscriptions never decay)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=187651

Wow, I never read that thread because I destroyed my PS3 and went into hiding shortly after the final round ended, lol. I have to say, even though that thread is now over a year old, going back and skimming through brought back some painful memories.

MUST...FORGET...PAST...

God I am so ready for this now! I finally have a chance at redemption! Good luck to everyone! (especially s_diem, rack, and the others who narrowly missed out last time because of the region format.)

I am seriously impressed by how fast some of you guys are... whow! Big ups! (I'm Chutzbok, by the way. Pleased to meet you. :))

I'm also seriously exhausted. After hearing about this, I bought my first PS3 and copy of GT5 on Tuesday, learned the controller, got my race wheel on Wednesday, learned that, and the last few nights I've been having dreams about 8-5. I got stuck in a rut this morning and couldn't get past 1:34.780, so my next dreams will be awful.

I suppose it's too early to tell, but does anyone know if they'll be doing this again next year? I'd love a year's practice! :dopey:

Congratulations again! I hope to read amazing stories about you guys!

Wow that was lucky! Literally 2 min left and I finally did it with a 1'30.997 :)
I actually cried a little haha
Great job everyone on this time trial, super sick times out there.
I've never worked so hard in my life.

Good luck to all those going to the finals!
Hopefully i'll join you next year when they Let_Canada_In

Lol! That's awesome! you couldn't have gotten your message across in a better way!

I am seriously impressed by how fast some of you guys are... whow! Big ups! (I'm Chutzbok, by the way. Pleased to meet you. :))

I'm also seriously exhausted. After hearing about this, I bought my first PS3 and copy of GT5 on Tuesday, learned the controller, got my race wheel on Wednesday, learned that, and the last few nights I've been having dreams about 8-5. I got stuck in a rut this morning and couldn't get past 1:34.780, so my next dreams will be awful.

I suppose it's too early to tell, but does anyone know if they'll be doing this again next year? I'd love a year's practice! :dopey:

Congratulations again! I hope to read amazing stories about you guys!

I am with you, my arms are tired. I did two, two hour stints with a Fanatec ClubSport wheel (T500RS levels of FFB) and I feel like I did 50 push ups. I can't say too much, but compared to a G25 with almost no FFB left and a deadzone the size of my fist, it definitely helped.

I hope there is a GT Academy US next year. I think it all depends on how well Bryan does and how talented the top 16 and eventual GTA US winner end up being. No pressure guys. :sly:

Wow, I never read that thread because I destroyed my PS3 and went into hiding shortly after the final round ended, lol. I have to say, even though that thread is now over a year old, going back and skimming through brought back some painful memories.

MUST...FORGET...PAST...

God I am so ready for this now! I finally have a chance at redemption! Good luck to everyone! (especially s_diem, rack, and the others who narrowly missed out last time because of the region format.)

Huge congratulations man. It seems everything worked out this year and all those who should have been in last year made it this year, yourself, forced, sdiem, rack, the only person I didn't see was EERS, anyone know what happened to him? New PSN?

GT Motion
Huge congratulations man. It seems everything worked out this year and all those who should have been in last year made it this year, yourself, forced, sdiem, rack, the only person I didn't see was EERS, anyone know what happened to him? New PSN?

His name is down the list. Not sure if he gave up or couldn't improve.

Such a relief hearing I made it in especially since I couldn't check it myself all day. Congrats to everyone who qualified. I look forward to seeing you guys at the finals! Sounds like it'll be a good time.

I feel like a dummy. It didn't dawn on me until now to check split times via replay theater to see where I could improve.

Me (outlaw4rc): 34.079 / 30.614 / 26.851 = 1:31.544
Let_Canada_In: 33.901 / 30.481 / 26.615 = 1:30.997
Difference: 0.178 / 0.133 / 0.236

Well, I know I didn't get the last corner right, so once again, it was skiddish car rotation during trailbraking, leading to iffy exits. Maybe I should've bungee corded the brake pedal after all. :ouch:

I feel like a dummy. It didn't dawn on me until now to check split times via replay theater to see where I could improve.

Me (outlaw4rc): 34.079 / 30.614 / 26.851 = 1:31.544
Let_Canada_In: 33.901 / 30.481 / 26.615 = 1:30.997
Difference: 0.178 / 0.133 / 0.236

Well, I know I didn't get the last corner right, so once again, it was skiddish car rotation during trailbraking, leading to iffy exits. Maybe I should've bungee corded the brake pedal after all. :ouch:

we just didn't start early enough.... yeah. that's it. :sly:

Yup.

Congratulations Joey B. The effort has paid off.

Nick, what can I say? Good run.

Good luck to the both of you.

Yeah, great the other quick Nick made it this year. Reporters are going to eat him and his brother up. Prepare now fellas.

Last edited:
Man, this just hit me so emotionally in an unexpected way.

I've put so-much-time into GT5. So much. Every weekend since launch pretty much, I've been racing in leagues... now I feel like GT's actually giving back.

*salutes*

Enough of that, I am off to work.

Congrats to those who made it into the Finals. :cheers: That was some good fun. My back hurts , my brain is fried, I'm glad this is over. Extra big props to those who made it but missed last year. That's gotta be sweet. And a special Thank You to Eddie 'Wardez' for being so happy that you make us know why we all tried so hard. :dopey: Alright Y'all, time to start exercising Hard, boot camp is coming! :D

Back