GT Sport SVG request thread (Please read 1st post)

• Thread starter daan
  • 10,545 comments
Thank you! There is another svg request but this one is a bit more complex than the simply cola one. It involves these two decals that you made

100_1_orangeGTS.png

wrlchamp2GTS.png

Can you make an SVG decal that combines them both in a way that resembles this here?
1634098251217.png

@Seebsma

Last edited:

Attachments

• 100wrldchampGTS.svg
    5.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 98champ23GTS.svg
    8.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi...
Requesting SVG decal file...
White and Black both transparent backgrounds please...
Please see image...
Thanks in advance !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_013420.jpg
    IMG_20211014_013420.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 18
Hi...
Requesting SVG decal file...
White and Black both transparent backgrounds please...
Please see image...
Thanks in advance !!!
There goes both versions, but you could also paint the decal inside GTS. Sorry for the low quality mic, but it was the best I could find.
Need this text without the background.
Do you know what font it is by any chance? It could be very helpful.

Attachments

• xtavocebGTS.svg
    12.5 KB · Views: 19
  • xtavocewGTS.svg
    12.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
There goes both versions, but you could also paint the decal inside GTS. Sorry for the low quality mic, but it was the best I could find.

Do you know what font it is by any chance? It could be very helpful.
that was fast, thanks a lot !!!

sorry but my wife made that... i dont know hehehe... its my wife's logo with her voice acting... hehehehehe...

I might upload the last request later in this same post.
EDIT: 1998 champion decal uploaded without yellow background.
Bit of a clarification here in regards to the 1998 decal you posted:

98champ23GTS.png

my last request wasnt to recreate the actual 1998 champion decal on the Pennzoil GT-R, but it was to do an exact recreation of the irl 1998 champion decal (the one you made) with these two decals here:

wrlchamp2GTS.png

1634219532308.png

My apologies if i didnt initially specify and explain the request well enough at first. @Seebsma

I'm hoping to get the last few bits for my 77 entry. I'd like this please.

Attachments

• VFoundation_Clr_Pos-642x405.jpg
    VFoundation_Clr_Pos-642x405.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 18
Bit of a clarification here in regards to the 1998 decal you posted:

View attachment 1086363

my last request wasnt to recreate the actual 1998 champion decal on the Pennzoil GT-R, but it was to do an exact recreation of the irl 1998 champion decal (the one you made) with these two decals here:

View attachment 1086365
View attachment 1086366

My apologies if i didnt initially specify and explain the request well enough at first. @Seebsma
My bad. Tell me if you need something to be fixed.
I'm hoping to get the last few bits for my 77 entry. I'd like this please.
Best quality could get so far.

Attachments

• vfoundationGTS.svg
    12.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 100wrldchamp1GTS.svg
    8 KB · Views: 21
Anybody got any ideas why the attached SVG is cutting off most of the logo in SVG OMG? I just processed a load of decals and this is the only one playing up. All made in the exact same process.

Should look like this:

1634303817898.png

Loads in SVG OMG like this:

1634303854938.png

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• DHL_TRUST.svg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
All made in the exact same process.
I was wondering why a simple, single colour decal with a border came in at nearly 60kb and it turns out all your decals are in the same svg. I think you need to change your process. If you delete all the other layers, and save it as optimised svg it comes out as 3kb.

1634305236528.png

I was wondering why a simple, single colour decal with a border came in at nearly 60kb and it turns out all your decals are in the same svg. I think you need to change your process. If you delete all the other layers, and save it as optimised svg it comes out as 3kb.
a
View attachment 1086548
Ahh okay, that would make sense. I did find it weird the files were so big, but that makes sense! I'll give that a go instead. Thanks!

@daan I've tried that and ended up with the same issue... Still chops off 80% of the logo. Any ideas?
Have you tried to upload it into GTS? SVGOMG doesn't always display the full image but it may be fine once uploaded.

Last edited:
Have you tried to upload it into GTS? SVGOMG doesn't always display the full image but it may be fine once uploaded.
No, I'll give that a try.

Also, a question on stroke weights. I've used Inkscape to have much heavier strokes than my previous files so they're effective when the decal is small, but when it goes into the livery editor it seems to drop the definition it has in Inkscape and in SVG OMG where the stroke is set behind the main paths and the decal just ends up a black splotch. Am using the wrong settings to achieve this?

1634308486842.png

That one in particular just comes out as a black blotch. Do I need to use one of the other "Order" settings instead?

EDIT: That TRUST logo worked in the game, just displayed weirdly in SVG OMG. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
@daan I've tried that and ended up with the same issue... Still chops off 80% of the logo. Any ideas?
As you've discovered there are pretty major "issues" with GTS and files output by the official, up to date, version of SVGOMG.

I could go in-depth into the reasons why but they are many, long and, if all you want is your decal to upload correctly, extremely boring! :lol::lol:

Technically the "fault" doesn't actually lie with SVGOMG, but rather with SVGO, the GUI-less software for which SVGOMG is just a "front end". So from now on I'm just going to refer to SVGO...

Basically, to cut a very long and multi-faceted story short, the official, up-to-date, version of SVGO outputs files that are incompatible with the GTS in-game SVG renderer; SVGO spits out SVG 1.1 Specification files (even if the original input file was SVG 1.0 Spec) while GTS' in-game SVG renderer expects SVG 1.0 specification files.

There is a further "issue" with how SVGO interprets incoming SVG files; it expects them to strictly adhere to either the 1.0 or 1.1 Specification. While most software will try to work-around minor, non-critical, issues the developer of SVGO took the hard-line approach that its not his (or her) job to "fix" files issues created by other software not sticking strictly to the SVG specification(s). You've witnessed this when part of your decal appears to have been cut off.

Fortunately for us the SVGO developer didn't always take this hard-line approach so there are versions of SVGO (and by extension SVGOMG) which are compatible with GTS; that do spit out 1.0 Spec files and do work-around minor spec compliancy issues. Also fortunately for us is the way SVGO (and SVGOMG) is stored and presented on the web (via the github code repository) which allows us to effectively go back in time and grab (fork) one of those old versions so that anybody can use it...

Exactly like I did here: https://djshades.github.io/svgomg4gts/

As @daan has correctly pointed out, if your file is already <15kb straight from your SVG creation/editing software (once you've removed any unnecessary/hidden layers) then you may as well just avoid SVGOMG (or any SVG optomiser for that matter) and upload it directly to the GTS website. If you need to run an SVG through an optomiser to try and get it under 15kb then don't use the official version of SVGOMG but the version I've linked to above.

Also, a question on stroke weights. I've used Inkscape to have much heavier strokes than my previous files so they're effective when the decal is small, but when it goes into the livery editor it seems to drop the definition it has in Inkscape and in SVG OMG where the stroke is set behind the main paths and the decal just ends up a black splotch. Am using the wrong settings to achieve this?

View attachment 1086552

That one in particular just comes out as a black blotch. Do I need to use one of the other "Order" settings instead?
If that is displaying correctly in Inkscape and SVGOMG then it could very well be the 1.0 vs 1.1 issue rearing its head again.

As per the advice earlier, if you really need to run it through an optomiser then try the one I've linked to above.

No, I'll give that a try.

View attachment 1086552

EDIT: That TRUST logo worked in the game, just displayed weirdly in SVG OMG. Thanks for the tip!
It's okay if you set strokes in paths, since GTS recognize this SVG feature. The problem is that the game ignores the order property so it always clips the stroke over the fill color, although you specify the stroke behind the path. You could duplicate the layer and remove the stroke in the path above, but bear in mind that this will increase the final file size.

example.png

Anybody got any ideas why the attached SVG is cutting off most of the logo in SVG OMG? I just processed a load of decals and this is the only one playing up. All made in the exact same process.

Should look like this:

View attachment 1086540
Loads in SVG OMG like this:

View attachment 1086541

Any help greatly appreciated!
The preview might not be accurate with SVGOMG, but you could turn on this setting so its scale displays better as an output:

example2.png

Btw, SVGOMG removes hidden layers by default.

Attachments

• CASTROLGTS.svg
    14.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DHL_TRUST_GTS.svg
    1.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Thanks guys, your help is immensely appreciated!! I managed to get it done using the "duplicate and remove stroke" approach, but I'll try uploading direct from inkscape more often too.

Triple request now:

Attachments

• Messenger Kids_creation_188868233.jpeg
    Messenger Kids_creation_188868233.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Messenger Kids_creation_191752016.jpeg
    Messenger Kids_creation_191752016.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20211015_210158.jpg
    IMG_20211015_210158.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Attachments

• reolGTS.svg
    889 bytes · Views: 16
  • jjlucky1txtGTS.svg
    1.2 KB · Views: 16
  • mscGTS.svg
    4.8 KB · Views: 16
  • jjluckytxt2GTS.svg
    7.9 KB · Views: 16
  • dads-5GTS.svg
    1.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hey guys, not entirely sure if this is the right forum but I have a question. I uploaded these decals the other day and the website says they’re there but in game it’s just empty space. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 508F454A-07B8-4953-8B6D-AE18BF364E9F.png
    508F454A-07B8-4953-8B6D-AE18BF364E9F.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 16
Hey guys, not entirely sure if this is the right forum but I have a question. I uploaded these decals the other day and the website says they’re there but in game it’s just empty space. Any suggestions?
Have you converted the text to paths? How have you created the svg files? If it's something you've made with text and saved as svg, you need to convert the text to paths, then ungroup the text.

Have you converted the text to paths? How have you created the svg files? If it's something you've made with text and saved as svg, you need to convert the text to paths, then ungroup the text.
Uhhh I wasn’t actually the person who created them so I don’t know tbh

Edit: Fixed, thank you for your help

Last edited:
Can someone please make me this “JUICE” and “PUNCH” logos? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• C4976A0A-39F7-4318-98F9-43A4D0705755.png
    C4976A0A-39F7-4318-98F9-43A4D0705755.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 15
  • AC8C3410-0CE2-4A2E-915A-18B09556D0CB.png
    AC8C3410-0CE2-4A2E-915A-18B09556D0CB.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Got another unique SVG request. This one should be split into parts based on photos.
TRN_Amtrak_Pepsi_1_Richters.jpg

Front design (Red/White/Blue).
E_gzAIXWUAcx34l.jpg

Right side

TRN_ATK_Phase3.jpg

Left side

Thanks in advance

Back