GT Sport Update 1.50 Arrives, With New Lewis Hamilton Content and the Return of Ruf

Did a Gr.4 race at Route X. Watched the Supra in the replay. On the downhill, it topped out at 280km/h. The Mustang I used, topped out at 275km/h(274km/h everywhere else). Here's the thing, it only has 6 gears(the GT4 has a 7-speed). The AI car has been pretty quick though. So, hopefully it's as fast as the FF cars and RC F, with better handling.

Did a Gr.4 race at Route X. Watched the Supra in the replay. On the downhill, it topped out at 280km/h. The Mustang I used, topped out at 275km/h(274km/h everywhere else). Here's the thing, it only has 6 gears(the GT4 has a 7-speed). The AI car has been pretty quick though. So, hopefully it's as fast as the FF cars and RC F, with better handling.
Would have been faster only if it had CVT instead, no? :D

I dont remember much games having the CTR3. The only game I vividly remember it in was Driver: San Francisco

It’s interesting that they added it!

Both The Crew games had the CTR3 while Driveclub and Project CARS 1 had the Clubsport version, apparently.

Just driven the Jag and yeah this car needs more downforce and better brakes :lol: No wonder the WT Sardegna and Tokyo races were as messy as it was. That rear wing is trippy as hell to watch though (more trippy than the Tomahawk X even). I notice it goes down at 270 km/h, no wonder this car just plows everywhere as it loses downforce when it needs it the most. The synthetic sound is interesting and I much prefer it rather than the usual annoying electric whine.

In terms of Circuit Experience, only 7 Gr.3 cars have yet to be used: Beetle, Golf VGT, FT1, M3 (the old one), Viper, Ford GT and F1 GTR. Laguna would probably use either Viper or Ford (because 'Murica). I'm still hoping we will get 6 more new tracks after that so all the cars will be used in the end ;)

I'm enjoying the M3 and CTR3, but I could have done without the jagged "edges" on their respective steering wheels. Gameplay tessellation?

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191130162837.jpg

:eek:

YOOOO! I'm racing in a Custom Race and one of the AI that enters pit lane, has my First name initial and my last name! It's an hour long race and I'm 34 minutes in, just now noticing it. Don't know how often this has happened in my nearly two years of playing this game, but that's crazy.

Solid update except for the tuning levels of cars. Was excited for the ruf, and It was great around the track. But the tuning levels is very bad to be honest. You can’t bring up the Power Much more than what It has stock, and that is a bit of shame, those kind of things are hopefully going to be better in gt7. I was expecting n800-n900 but no, doubt they will change that in gt sport, as for this point i will keep my expectations low from now on, the m3 is under powered as well, but thats nothing new for the franchise, all the m modells has always lacking Power when upgraded, just becouse you are not able to turbocharge or supercharge them, i hope this is something that will change, even in gt6 their was plenty of na cars that you could not turbo or supercharge

Disappointing. Paid DLC. A track was promised but not delivered. Not even a wet variant. Luckily I have a lot of cheap games to play with the black Friday sales.
A track was never promised by PD at this update, the Only said its coming but was never confirmed for this update

Nah it was slated for this current update. Clearly their PR isnt in tune with service delivery. They hastily removed the statement once it go close to release date.

Be that as it may arent people used to PD showing unreleased track footage and dragging their feet on release?

I dont think its that big a deal but then I dont have a huge attachment to Laguna Seca.

Did a bit of scrounging about on good ol' IGCD and it looks like GT Sport is probably the first major console release to feature the Toyota 86 in its facelifted form. The only other games that have the car as well are just mobile games; Drift Spirits (Japanese touge racing game) and Torque Drift (though from what I've seen there's no Toyota badging on that car or the other Toyotas in that game).

Probably useless information but I guess I'll put that out there.

Seeing the Supra in this update, was there ever a time when PD placed a future DLC car, this early in the game?

There's no reason to care whether something was confirmed by PD or Sony. Both entities must be considered as official sources when it comes to Gran Turismo.
Except when the developer doesn't give a release date, it's better to believe them, and not Sony.

Except when the developer doesn't give a release date, it's better to believe them, and not Sony.
Exactly. Or anyone else. I'm sure people remember this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/mercedes-amg-gran-turismo-6/
In addition to the SLS AMG GT3 we’ve already seen in the GT6 launch trailer, a Mercedes-Benz press release also confirms both the E63 AMG and A45 AMG will be making their first-time appearances in the game.
We know what happened with the E63 and A45...

I very seriously doubt Sony would post that Laguna Seca will be included with this update on the Official Sony Playstation website without having first hand knowledge from PD themselves. It's not like Sony has a bad record of posting unreliable or incorrect information.

I think almost everyone would agree it was scheduled to be released with this last update and that Information came directly from someone within PD.
A problem with Laguna Seca must have been found before its release and PD pulled it from the update.
The problem here falls on PD for not giving Sony or anyone else an explanation as to why it was canceled and anyone who is familiar with PD over the years will find this typical behavior from them.

The release date was officially confirmed and it didn't happen. People have a right to be disappointed about that even when Playstation and PD don't communicate 100% in sync. Congrats if you saw through the miscommunication straight away, but most people didn't and for good reason.

Polyphony Digital is owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment, then the latter being owned by conglomerate Sony. GT has existed for more than 20 years now and almost everybody knows that it's a video game exclusively made by Sony through PD.

The release date was officially confirmed and it didn't happen. People have a right to be disappointed about that even when Playstation and PD don't communicate 100% in sync. Congrats if you saw through the miscommunication straight away, but most people didn't and for good reason.
I don't believe a sentence in a youtube description counts as an official announcement of anything.

Latest Posts

Back