GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have the Trueno. Why...? All of that effort to model it could've been put towards anything else. Unless they just used the Trueno and made a few changes to fulfill some kind of quota because they were missing a car, I don't understand what the purpose is of its inclusion.
It completes the set! You can’t have yin without yang, just like you can’t have a Trueno without a Levin

VBR
Hoping against hope & keeping my fingers crossed for an option to turn off the buggy unrealistic understeer vibration effect.

C'MON PD, FOR THE LOVE OF SIMULATION!
Are you using a Thrustmaster wheel? If you switch it to PS3 mode that affect is gone. Hope this helps.

This update: JDM cars
why not next one: just USA or European cars :P

Because GT is made by a Japanese studio so of course, they'll try to prioritize making them.

Because in automobile history, there existed an entire generation wherein the USA couldn’t figure out horsepower w/ emissions equipment, and Europe couldn’t figure out how to build cars that weren’t electrical fires & rust buckets.

Within that generation, Japan was building the most reliable, lightest, fastest, fun, and pure sports compacts and sports cars. And they were so good at it, they even decided to limit themselves on advertisable horsepower.

Gran Turismo is a love letter to this generation, it exists to immortalize it. It’s PD’s prerogative and I’m glad to see it.

Because in automobile history, there existed an entire generation wherein the USA couldn’t figure out horsepower w/ emissions equipment, and Europe couldn’t figure out how to build cars that weren’t electrical fires & rust buckets.

Within that generation, Japan was building the most reliable, lightest, fastest, fun, and pure sports compacts and sports cars. And they were so good at it, they even decided to limit themselves on advertisable horsepower.

Gran Turismo is a love letter to this generation, it exists to immortalize it. It’s PD’s prerogative and I’m glad to see it.
OK, I must confess that it only does it if a get a trifle overenthusiastic! :dunce:
I hated the understeer rumble affect for the longest time but then had to switch to PS4 because the game would not recognize my new add-on rim. I was forced to switch. I actually don't mind it now. They should definitely add a way to tone it down with an intensity slider.

About the Levin, I think it's great that they added it. Some people might create initial D themed videos with it, I also think we could make some races that will contain Levin and Trueno with different liveries, that could be fun. Also, is there even any other other game nowadays that offers both Levin and Trueno? I don't think so. PD is slowly bringing every iconic/legendary JDM cars that used to be standard in GT5/6, remodeling them from scratch and bringing them back to life in a 4K glory. I honestly didn't expect them to do this at all and I love it.

SVX
My guess is a Version VI Type R.

suba0084.jpg

Larger wing and splitter match up for me.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's this :lol:

Subaru_Impreza_STI_S201_0002.jpg
Waiting for the day the S201 shows up in GT. The real WRX unicorn.

I think I raced on Spa once in GT6. It’ll be great to see it return to this series in current gen action.

About the Levin, I think it's great that they added it. Some people might create initial D themed videos with it, I also think we could make some races that will contain Levin and Trueno with different liveries, that could be fun. Also, is there even any other other game nowadays that offers both Levin and Trueno? I don't think so. PD is slowly bringing every iconic/legendary JDM cars that used to be standard in GT5/6, remodeling them from scratch and bringing them back to life in a 4K glory. I honestly didn't expect them to do this at all and I love it.
I'm always posting these videos. 👍 In the second video, you get power numbers, whee/tyre size and spring settings.

So, you can replicate as close as possible. I was able to get real close in GT6. Best thing about tuning now, the 5-speed stays. :)
ECx-2EhU0AEFBSq

Someone asked the question about the Sprinter's lights. They wanted to know if the aero is effected when the lights are up. If they are(maybe a place like Fuji), the Levin may be the way to go. Doesn't matter to me. I love them both.

Hope we can do this in GT(X).
456823-2942c8fa2678662c8de29175f06f2b85.jpg

1138327_orig.png

full

hqdefault.jpg

The Levin I can somewhat forgive considering it's at least got a completely different front end from the Trueno.

Not too keen on the second GC8 we may be getting on the other hand, reminds me a bit of the 2015/2016 Clio duo and the BRZ/GT86 twins.

The GC8 is competition to the Evo IV. It's like having the STI and EVO X, R32/33/34/35, A80/A90, NA/ND, AE86/86.

Trust, I understand the feelings towards the choices. There are cars I'd rather see, but this is what it is. Main problem is, when it comes to Sport Mode, those that participate, rarely get to use many of these cars.

I played my GT4 about two weeks ago (way before the teaser announcement) after a long time without playing it, randomly picking an Impreza Sedan WRX STI Version VI '99 in cashmere yellow for a quick race on arcade mode.

If the bottom right car is exactly this one I'm just gonna **** my pants. :eek:

Why have that BR-Z when we have one with 1000hp in the game now? Just asking....

Well, couldn’t you extrapolate that logic to most of the car list?

Anyway, the one you’re referring to is a 4-speed bespoke drift car and a Gr.X. This one in my post is just a turbo BRZ (possibly 2020 BRZ STI) which is what people have been waiting for since this platform was unveiled almost a decade ago, likely will make a pretty big splash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back