GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
Actually thats not what happened for me. It was down to I think my poor internet connection:(. I got hit by R1600 on my screen going into the first chicane and that pushed me straight into the wall. I know this was due to lag as straight after that, and just before everyone was all over the place on my screen.

Yeah I never touched you, in fact on my screen I was no where near you. So yeah, definitely lag induced.

I've revised my Evora's colour scheme for the Nurburgring rounds; black wheels.

This is because in photo's, I can't work out whether it's wardez, kamy or myself! We're still all teammates though.

That would make sense. 👍 I've added that to the list.

I have a question for next week. Are we going to add or remove ballast between the two races?

No. If you have say 50kg ballast now, you will have that 50kg for both Nurb GP/D and GP/F. Similarly if you have no ballast now, you will not gain ballast for Nurb GP/F if you finished on the podium for Nurb GP/D. :)

---

Practice this Thursday, anyone?

No. If you have say 50kg ballast now, you will have that 50kg for both Nurb GP/D and GP/F. Similarly if you have no ballast now, you will not gain ballast for Nurb GP/F if you finished on the podium for Nurb GP/D. :)
Rats! I picked a bad time to finally finish on the podium. :lol:
Practice this Thursday, anyone?
You got it! Just name the time. 👍

I'm up for Thursday practice Ad.

According to BT my internet is fixed now, a problem at the phone exchange so they say so I should be all good again!

According to BT my internet is fixed now, a problem at the phone exchange so they say so I should be all good again!

Good stuff!

--

Practice this Thursday, 7pm BST (GMT+1), My Lounge. It would be great if as many people as possible came along. 👍

Practice this Thursday, 7pm BST (GMT+1), My Lounge. It would be great if as many people as possible came along. 👍

If I'm still at home recovering I might be there. If I decide to go back to work, then I won't be. Just a heads up.

I won't be there on Thursday as I'm going back to work tomorrow. So I did some testing on my own today in my lounge and with some tweaking got the car to a 2:08.266 at GP/F. Probably slow compared to a few others but it feels really nice, so I'm happy with it.

Edit: Looking forward to the races this weekend. :)

Last edited:
I won't be there on Thursday as I'm going back to work tomorrow. So I did some testing on my own today in my lounge and with some tweaking got the car to a 2:08.266 at GP/F. Probably slow compared to a few others but it feels really nice, so I'm happy with it.

Okay no problem. I haven't even tried any GT4 car at Nurb yet so I can't comment. :P

For once, it sounds like I won't be too far off your pace RT! I'm in the high 2.08's
I'm finding myself in the mid to high 2:08 range with a 2:08.3xx as my best. Dunlop-Kehre is really throwing me off as Z4's tail gets very unstable. I can fix the car there but it makes me slower at all the other corners. The other issue is tire wear as they are at their best at Lap 3.

Is that the 180 at the far end of the track?
Yep. My car gets very finicky in that corner. Go too fast entering? I eat some kitty. Too much wheel at apex? Back end's out of shape and exit's ruined. Apply more than quarter throttle? Around I go. Strangely, the Schumacher S isn't giving me as much problems. I just have to breathe the throttle a bit on fresh tires and lift off for a moment later on in a stint.

Correction. Just got a 2:08.1xx in my lounge after three laps. My fronts are chewed up in half by Lap 8-9.

I found the diamonding that corner a lot helps significantly. You don't have to use as much wheel which allows you to put the power down more. Only problem is doing that during the race where someone could mistake your line for giving them room to pass when you're just setting up the corner exit.

I found the diamonding that corner a lot helps significantly. You don't have to use as much wheel which allows you to put the power down more.
I'm finding out that I'm not carrying enough speed through entry. I am going a bit higher on the track but definitely still within the line on the track. The tricky part is applying a touch of throttle through the middle of the corner to avoid lift-off oversteer. Doesn't sound too hard in theory except my pedals flat out stink for any finesse footwork.
Only problem is doing that during the race where someone could mistake your line for giving them room to pass when you're just setting up the corner exit.
That only happens to me, oh, about 70% of the time. I can't even move up half a lane without someone poking their nose in and sending me flying to the grass. :indiff:

I will say that diamonding can actually defend against people who try to divebomb me into a corner. They go wide, I cut to their inside and I'm back in front again.

I'll be at the practice tomorrow. Barely got through a day at work today and I was miserable, so going to take the rest of the week off and try again on Monday...

That only happens to me, oh, about 70% of the time. I can't even move up half a lane without someone poking their nose in and sending me flying to the grass. :indiff:

Yeah that happened to me a lot at the practice races and even in the proper race at Madrid at the tight roundabout at the top of the track. It would mean I would have to just roll round with a bit of throttle and use a tighter line and the Mustang did not like that. :lol:

I'll be at the practice tomorrow. Barely got through a day at work today and I was miserable, so going to take the rest of the week off and try again on Monday...

Okay. Lets hope you'll be feeling much better for the races on Saturday too. :)👍

Race Information - Nurburgring GP

• Room will open at just before 16:30. I want to start on time at 17:00.
  • 30 minute practice (containing a 2 lap practice race) followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • Remember if you run wide on a hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.
  • This qualifying session will determine the grid for the first Race at Nurb GP/D.
Nurb GP/D Sprint Race - Laps set to 15
14 Laps (+1 Formation Lap).
No mandatory pit stop.
Grid will be set to Fastest First.

Nurb GP/F Full Race - Laps set to 19
18 Laps (+1 Formation Lap).
1 mandatory pit stop.
Grid will be set to Reverse Grid based on previous results (from GP/D).

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 8 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 13 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 for the GP/F race. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

• You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track, run-off areas are not track. If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):

Formation lap (BOTH RACES): Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened just before 16:30, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

Last edited:
How long do you think the race will be (both races that is) cos i think i need to rush out at round 7 plus i need to have shower and eat before that time lol

Had a lot of fun. Thanks for setting up the races, Aderrrm.

I have to say that I must have green in my car because I had many things not go my way.
1. Lost HP after Rome.
2. Got spun out at Grand Valley Reverse.
3. Somehow spun myself out at Madrid.
4. Got spun out at Monza.
5. Lost positions at Nurb D due to crash. Then I slammed someone from behind on final lap and had to wait for them, losing 4 positions.
6. I somehow slammed Aderrrm from far behind at Nurb F and got engine and steering damage. Lost at least 10 seconds.

If we have a Season 2, I'm leaning on not going back to the Z4. Fun car but too slow on a straight and tire wear's not good enough to compensate.

Pics will be up tomorrow or Monday. Since we had two races, it will take a while to get them up but with a bigger field, the quality should be better.

Cheers Aderrrm. It's been a very enjoyable series.

Outlaw - maybe we should team up next season. We often seem to find each other to crash into. Usually in the 2 lap lag check, or the formation lap...!

Back