GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
There will be no race today. I'll open up a room tomorrow at 7pm BST and hold a practice session on GP/D and Rome. :)
Any particular reason why we'll have a practice session at GP/D if we're not going to be racing there? If it was like GT5 Prologue, it wouldn't be an issue since you can carry three setups for one car. :indiff:

Any particular reason why we'll have a practice session at GP/D if we're not going to be racing there? If it was like GT5 Prologue, it wouldn't be an issue since you can carry three setups for one car. :indiff:

Rome it is. 👍

Any particular reason why we'll have a practice session at GP/D if we're not going to be racing there? If it was like GT5 Prologue, it wouldn't be an issue since you can carry three setups for one car.

You could have 3 setups for 1 car in Prologue? :confused: Never noticed that.

Rome it is. 👍
👍

For the record, setups for D usually work on F so the practice I did yesterday wasn't all for naught. I'll just need to save it.
You could have 3 setups for 1 car in Prologue? :confused: Never noticed that.
It did and thought it was a great idea. What I did is use one as a base line tune and used the other two to experiment. For some reason, GT5 went backwards and we're stuck with one. Why? No clue. :confused:

Hey Ad,

I won't be able to make the practice tonight as its my footy night lol.

Ill be around Thursday though if anything is planned for then?

Cheers.

Can't make it tonight either sorry. Had a tough work night.

I can't make it tonight either. :lol: Somethings popped up. Won't be able to host a practice session tomorrow either.

Because we will have had a 2 week gap come the Rome race on Saturday, I'll open the room up at 16:00 BST, half an hour earlier than normal. :)

I can't make it tonight either. :lol: Somethings popped up. Won't be able to host a practice session tomorrow either.

Because we will have had a 2 week gap come the Rome race on Saturday, I'll open the room up at 16:00 BST, half an hour earlier than normal. :)

Lol. What an eventfull practice session.
Will be there. 👍

Lol. What an eventfull practice session.
Will be there. 👍
At least you're not alone, I will be there as well.:D
I think I just totally misunderstanded this.:lol:

Last edited:
Nepalli and I did a little practicing last night at Rome. Got down to a 1:12.8 with my Z4 and Nepalli's Camaro did a 1:12.3 which I still can't figure out how he did it. All my lost time is in the last sector which is unusual because I usually excel there. :confused:

Wow. First race allready.
Haven't played GT5 for a few days. Need to put some time to test tomorrow before race time.
I'm also feeling a bit of pain in my right leg. Gonna sleep and see how I feel tomorrow. I hope it doesn't get worse.

KamyKaze1098
Wow. First race allready.
Haven't played GT5 for a few days. Need to put some time to test tomorrow before race time.
I'm also feeling a bit of pain in my right leg. Gonna sleep and see how I feel tomorrow. I hope it doesn't get worse.

'Racing Driver Excuses' courtesy of Kamy :P

Race Information - Race 1: ROME

Laps will be set to 34.​
  • 30 minute practice (containing 1 practice race) followed by 15 minute qualifying which starts at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not hit any walls. If you continuously hit walls during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • This part of the track is considered dirty. You should not run wide here during the race, nor run wide here during qualifying to give yourself a better run down the straight:

• Remember if you hit the wall on a hot lap, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage. We will perform a rolling start in the positions the game places us on the grid!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 15 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 21 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened at 16:00 BST today, as promised. :)

I made sure to wake up in time to watch Spa quali. I should make it in here today. the Vette seems to like this track.

Also, a final colour update. Found a combo I really liked:

Matt Black / Rubino Mecalizzato

(Btw, you asked me in the WSGTC room yesterday about the Integra series, and yeah it's up. the link to the sign-up thread is in my sig.)

MÜLE_9242;5797180
I made sure to wake up in time to watch Spa quali. I should make it in here today. the Vette seems to like this track.

Also, a final colour update. Found a combo I really liked:

Matt Black / Rubino Mecalizzato

(Btw, you asked me in the WSGTC room yesterday about the Integra series, and yeah it's up. the link to the sign-up thread is in my sig.)

:)👍

I'll be live streaming the event for anyone to watch on my Twitch.tv live stream channel. Link in sig.

Yeah we call races "evens" here. Vegas slang.

Like, " Man! I was evening this 'vette on the freeway yesterday and he was like, ' EVEN ON BRO. MY LIFE IS EVENING"

Im running little bit late should be in room within 30 mins, damn im not ready at all for this race lol

Yeah we call races "evens" here. Vegas slang.

Like, " Man! I was evening this 'vette on the freeway yesterday and he was like, ' EVEN ON BRO. MY LIFE IS EVENING"

got to love our sin city slang 702 in the house lol...
if there is room i might stop by and spectate

Great racing today guys!

I just want to point something out to a few of you. Patience is a virtue when it comes to online racing. I live by it and really enjoy racing with people that live by that rule too. As you can see by the finish of the race, I almost stole that win from the two people that were battling the most for it, simply because I chose to sit back and stay out of the fight until I needed to be there. I wasn't in 3rd for most of the race because I couldn't keep up, I chose to stay there. If it wasn't for a bump in the last corner, I would have won that race even though my plan was quite different. ;)

So can we all agree to have a little more patience? Passing each other back and forth multiple times during the race might be fun, but it doesn't help with tire wear and certainly could end up getting someone in trouble, like taking them out of the race. 👍

Back