GT4 on PSP!

• Thread starter Soman
  • 50 comments
GTPSP3.jpg

http://www.pspinsider.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=94

Official photos have come out showing the PSP playing a version of the GT series along with the accompanying media.

The most awaited racing simulation game ever, Gran Turismo 4, is coming to your PSP. The images show the PSP in high detail along with it playing GT4. Also include, are images of the GT4 UMD and the owners manual.

Don't hope they intend to wait with releasing GT4 till they release the PSP......

Sort of a introduction title so people would buy the PSP to get GT4

Sorry didnt know about that, anyways it does look nice. Im interested in the PSP for GT, and for Winning Eleven/PES games.

Ye around that thing, reports have been around 150 - 175 british pounds. No real official word yet but there plan is simple and different from Ps and ps2
They want to make allready a profit on the psp and smaller licence fees on the psp so the games will be cheaper. Hopefully.

There so far is info that there wont be region locks on games (maybe movies, you might change the region once later)...pre ordered two from lik-sang with rights to cancel any time till the price and shipping date is set.

Originally posted by Lamboracer
Yea 150 sounds ok. I would buy it but anything above like 180, hels no. But itself its pretty cool. I want one soo bad.

You're nutz or just poor. PSP will be well worth $200 based on what it can do.

[homer]Mmmmmmmmm, portable GT.[/homer]

Originally posted by Soman
Sorry didnt know about that, anyways it does look nice. Im interested in the PSP for GT, and for Winning Eleven/PES games.

Yup, that sounds about right. 👍

Cosmic wrote;
Same graphics.Here is a pic of it

I would be extremely surprised if the PSP GT4 graphics were anywhere near as good as the PS2 version. The picture does say "Screen Image Simulated ". I just can't see a handheld device having enough power to run that quality of graphics.

Here's hoping, but I think it's wise to keep expectations low as far as the PSP GT4 is concerned.

Taken from the box shot fine print - "...is the PSP version of the real driving simulator. Its product quality is not at all inferior to its PS2 counterpart, and is compatible to competition over wireless LAN, a unique feature to the PSP."

Sounds like powerful stuff, this little PSP, eh?

The psp sounds like a tight piece of kit, i cant wait :D

E3 this year is bloody awesome looking, all 3 systems are getting such killer games w00t

Originally posted by redhed17
Cosmic wrote;

I would be extremely surprised if the PSP GT4 graphics were anywhere near as good as the PS2 version. The picture does say "Screen Image Simulated ". I just can't see a handheld device having enough power to run that quality of graphics.

Here's hoping, but I think it's wise to keep expectations low as far as the PSP GT4 is concerned.
Maybe, maybe not.
Altough the PSP has a 333Mhz processor (!), when the PS2 only
got about 300-ish (Correct me if i'm wrong )
I think the PSP will have PS1 graphics or better :^)

The PSP is actually in many ways superior to the PS2. It has more than twice the internal memory for instance, which means it should be able to handle far better textures and sound samples, for example.

The 24bit color graphics will in fact look sharper because the 480x272 (or something like that) pixels are spread over a relatively small surface compared to the big TVs and monitors on which we see the 640x480 pixels of the PS2.

If it has the same power as the PS2, that means it can in fact do faster work on such a small display, because the amount of data needed to fill the screen is smaller. All in all, the biggest and perhaps even only drawback of the PSP against the PS2 will be ... yes, the smaller screen. Everything looks smaller. But even with the expected magnifying glass options you'll no doubt get for it, the graphics will look extremely good.

PSP graphics anywhere near as good as the PS2s graphics? Yes, who would have expected less?

I think you've been brainwashed by a very lazy and comfortable company who's held a monopoly so long it thought it could get away indefinitely with selling technology that will soon be 2 decades behind the times.

Looks good to me although like a lot of people here, I'd be concerned about how good the graphics will be. If this product will be like a gameboy then I probably wouldn't get it then. I really really like the idea of a "portable GT" especially GT4! Hell Yeah! Procratination everywhere instead of only at home! Yay! :D :irked:

Back