GT4 WRS Week 113 : AMG Touring Car @ Infineon Raceway

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 123 comments
Forza II looks nice....I'll say that much and the first one was fun.......*runs from the lynch mob*

Jerome

Maybe 12 laps with my Driving Force Pro later:

T1: 18.028
T2: 55.487

Now, if I string two laps together without falling off, I'll be laughing.

Sears Point kinda winds me up. I cannot get consistent lines through the uphill section. The AMG helps though, it's rock steady.

nismosig.gif

Forza! Or maybe you aren't playing it? That's why I asked how it was... Hehehe.

Never did get it, I guess that's why I didn't understand your previous post. :dunce:

Besides DJ and I have a great rivalry going on here. I thought I should have beat him this week but he nosed me out...........again! :ouch: :) If we keep going at this pace we'll both end up divII drivers if we're not careful.:nervous:

Some splits from my second session:

T1: 17.514 (seen 17.3xx)
T2: 53.639

These are from my second session. I loose time in the middle sector for some reason... There's still time to take.

@ CantBbeat:
16.996 at T1... that's fast! :scared: I guess I will have to experiment with the gearing a bit more...

Some splits from my second session:

T1: 17.514 (seen 17.3xx)
T2: 53.639

These are from my second session. I loose time in the middle sector for some reason... There's still time to take.

@ CantBbeat:
16.996 at T1... that's fast! :scared: I guess I will have to experiment with the gearing a bit more...

Wow your T2 is very impressive!!

I was on 250 for tranny when I hit 16.996(originally was using the default 320), but it may have been a lucky fluke. Can't seem to get better then 17.1 or 17.2's. I improved my T1 time, but this gearing has worsened my T2 split.

I'm sorry to ask this, but I am not quiet sure. The winner is chosen by the final lap time correct? Or do the plits take effect in someway in the decision?

Hey there buddy, don't want to rain on your parade too much, but I think you should make sure you're on the Racing Soft tires, instead of the more likely Racing Super Soft tires. We're on Softs only this week. :cheers: Good to see you in here!

er...um...yeah...i am on Racing Softs, not Super Softs. is there something wrong??:nervous:

i am glad to be here though.:dopey:

First to the finish mate, splits don't count for anything except bringing heat to the other drivers :sly:

Jerome

Got some new splits sorted.

T1 17.627
T2 53.979

So, over a second off previous splits at T2, but unfortunately, like a total puddin', I dropped a cog too many in the last bend and took it like a pensioner on a Sunday drive, so only 4/10ths better at the line! :grumpy:

17.400 / 53.364 in my best save so far :) ... been slightly faster at T1 but nowhere near a 16.9 :crazy: some great splits being posted guys! .. should be an interesting results spread for sure :cheers:

I'll get another couple of sessions in before the deadline I hope ... but i just got a PS3 today and it might distract me slightly :dopey:
Laters all
Ron.

er...um...yeah...i am on Racing Softs, not Super Softs. is there something wrong??:nervous:

i am glad to be here though.:dopey:
I see I see... Your times are just a bit blistering for a Division 3 driver, is all. :) And yeah, you won't be there for long, it seems!

Jerome, I'll get to this combo tomorrow night... :sly:

Running 290 gearing seems to suit me here, and after a few sessions I've managed a

17.486/53.885.

I believe the right after T1 and the following left are killing my T2.

45 minutes later, first time racing seriously in weeks and damn it feels good. Can easily see taking off another .5, using 270 gearing.

EDIT: Just posted a 17.429 and 53.599. Too bad i threw it off track on the fast right hander. Can still see a sub 17.250 as possible.

EDIT: Well, 17.329 isn't bad, but everything else was, too bad..

after a quick session last night using 270 and a few 260 top speed laps, dunno which is better, didnt try anything higher, i managed to accomplish

52.945, dodgey last corner though, will tidy it up later, great combo:)

@ cantbeatit, holly **** 16.9 T1 is lightning fast! best i managed was some .25 secs off that???

First session - some decent splits

Doesn't feel like there's much left in T1 but I've left a lot of time on the table in T2 and the finish.
Using 270 gears, which feels about right so far, but might try to go to 290 or 250 as a couple of corners feel awkward in third, and second is a bit short.

First session produced these...

T1 17.992
T2 54.982

Still not as smooth a lap as I'd like but it's clean and quick for me. :D

*The cones are evil, they must die...*

Hmph.

T1: 17.802
T2: 55.294

Frustrating. I had a 17.5, but I was travelling sideways through the split. Roger Clark would have been proud.

V.

Looks like my last splits update got missed off the updated board. :(

Quick question though, I managed my 53.979 T2 time whilst remaining inside the yellow line for turns 7 & 7a, is everyone else doing the same, or are you making use of the large tarmac run-off area outside the bends? It's technically legal this week, but I want to know if anyone is making use of it?

Looks like my last splits update got missed off the updated board. :(

Quick question though, I managed my 53.979 T2 time whilst remaining inside the yellow line for turns 7 & 7a, is everyone else doing the same, or are you making use of the large tarmac run-off area outside the bends? It's technically legal this week, but I want to know if anyone is making use of it?

I try not to use that tarmac if I can help it, I usually lift/brake slightly as I go thru the chicane at T2, just enough so my cars hits the rumble strip on the left as I exit, in a perfect world of course :) I updated the Leaderboard for you guys, I noticed Ron's newest splits got forgotten too? No biggie :)

Jerome

Using the runoff area gives me more speed on exit, but overall I'm faster staying closer to the curbs and taking a more appropriate line. I certainly won't be looking down on anyone using the runoff, this is a video game, and if the rules say those areas are in play, so be it.

Excellent participation again this week.👍 Thanks Sjaak for another good combo and thanks also to the leaderboard updaters, much appreciated.:)

And an update, still chipping away and playing with gearing:

17.558/53.800

Great combo for this week. 👍

Got some good times in here already. :)

I've just done my first three laps and got...

Only a few 100s of a second between us Ron! :dopey:

Still got room to improve. Im hoping to cut two or three secs off.

I'll update with quicker times tomorrow.

Beware DJBaker, I'm after Div3 First place this week. ;) Ha Ha!

newest plit after about an hour of play.

I've been hitting way better T1's, but it effects time every where else. Not sure what more I could do, but we'll see.

There are some great players on here. Wow I did not expect to see so much talent. Makes the competition great!

Back