GT4 WRS Week 113 : AMG Touring Car @ Infineon Raceway

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 123 comments
newest plit after about an hour of play.

I've been hitting way better T1's, but it effects time every where else. Not sure what more I could do, but we'll see.

Can I ask what gear setting did you change from and to? to drop .4 on your best T1 and be satisfied to lose such a decent amount? ... I personally cant see a 16.9 being possible with this car and those tyres, I tried lowering to 260 and still barely trying to get into the 17.1's :scared: an explanation of how that split is possible would be nice :)

If maybe it was an oversight ( R5's by mistake ) then dont be afraid to admit it as we wont bite your head off :dopey: but posting a split that nobody else can even get close to and then no explanations about a revised split .4 slower! .. will only arouse suspicions, sorry mate! ... Welcome to GTP :sly:

Cheers
Ron.

Can I ask what gear setting did you change from and to? to drop .4 on your best T1 and be satisfied to lose such a decent amount? ... I personally cant see a 16.9 being possible with this car and those tyres, I tried lowering to 260 and still barely trying to get into the 17.1's :scared: an explanation of how that split is possible would be nice :)

If maybe it was an oversight ( R5's by mistake ) then dont be afraid to admit it as we wont bite your head off :dopey: but posting a split that nobody else can even get close to and then no explanations about a revised split .4 slower! .. will only arouse suspicions, sorry mate! ... Welcome to GTP :sly:

Cheers
Ron.

I apologize. I should probably have not posted it unless it was a run I was going to use. I merely posted to show it was possible, but I did mention it may have been a fluke in my part.

I'm using the RS tires, and my gear set at that time was 250. I already had a lead on my ghost, and just before the turn in at the turn before th T1 my car skid a bit then swung around to the right direction and caught grip. I flew out of that turn and surprisingly stayed in course with both my drivers side tires just barelly riding the dirt. However as I said I must have been to dam excited or riding the dirt a bit may have been the reason, but at the next corner I completely flew off the track.

I can't hit the time again as of yet, but I have managed to hit 17.1 a couple times so far. Seems though everytime i get a good T1 I fall off by mistake somewhere else in the course.

I completely understand the suspicion. I would be too.

very frustrating this one. and it's all about the first two left-righters with them level diffs. if i get past them ok the rest is no problem but ... all those restarts :ouch:

19.220 - 56.560

LU again up to post 75.

Finally got a start on things here... Just over an hour in, been trying to find a T1 that's worth something to complete my decent rest of the lap:
T1: 17.503(fastest I've seen... Anything faster than a 17.4 is unimagineable for me!!!)
T2: 53.568
T3: A bit too conservative... Will have to shave off another chunk of time in my next session. :)

Using 260 gearing, 250 seems better at times, but it's too short.

Jerome? :sly:

after 1 hour

Look who it is!!! :)👍
I've been hitting way better T1's, but it effects time every where else. Not sure what more I could do, but we'll see.
That's just the thing! You could be fast at T1, but for some tracks it's actually somewhat of a benefit to not go for the fastest T1, and go for a better line that ends up faster overall. :)

EDIT: Sorry Steven, just missed ya! Ok, well, not JUST, but yeah. :) About the Leaderboard, Imfaster2 is in Division 3(not enough time in the qualifier, eh? :sly:) using a DS2 and Venari is using a DFP. :cheers:

EDIT: Sorry Steven, just missed ya! Ok, well, not JUST, but yeah. :) About the Leaderboard, Imfaster2 is in Division 3(not enough time in the qualifier, eh? :sly:) using a DS2 and Venari is using a DFP. :cheers:
taa mate 👍

... and thanks also to the leaderboard updaters, much appreciated.
well it's my pleasure to do what i can ito little churns to support this great community!

I want to participate in this having just done my qualifier race yet for some reason the AMG is not showing up in the Mercedes-Benz section on Arcade. :S

Jeez I just seem to have one problem after another!

I want to participate in this having just done my qualifier race yet for some reason the AMG is not showing up in the Mercedes-Benz section on Arcade. :S

Jeez I just seem to have one problem after another!
This probably means that you haven't unlocked it in GT Mode yet. I'm not sure if you're able to purchase the car, or if you have to win it...

That's just the thing! You could be fast at T1, but for some tracks it's actually somewhat of a benefit to not go for the fastest T1, and go for a better line that ends up faster overall. :)
QUOTE]

Very true. That is why my updated splits have a higher T1 raing them the lows that I have been hitting. Each section of the track benefits from a different gear set. I'm more concerned now about my final lap time.

Slight improvement for me...
0'18.037
0'55.001

Definitely some room for improvement, but I don't see me catching imfaster2! though. :indiff:

First session today,

tricky,tricky and tricky combo :sly:

T1- 17.773
T2- 54.124

Good to see so much returning and new drivers.👍

Fastest T2: 54.744

I can peel more out of it, I know I can, but not this week. I've just run out of talent. T1 for that time was 17.931 and I was beginning to get consistency (if not outright speed) through the uphill section. Maybe tomorrow, just for a bit.

Addicted? Nah.

Kinda sad way to spend your birthday, though. I'm out on the lash tomorrow night to make up tho'.

nismosig.gif

About the Leaderboard, Imfaster2 is in Division 3(not enough time in the qualifier, eh? :sly:) using a DS2 and Venari is using a DFP. :cheers:

yeah...i dont know why i sucked so bad in the qualifier...probably just impatient as usual. this is definately not my best track though. but it is cool to get some recognition from some of the Div1 drivers. thanx. cya :sly:

Slight improvement for me...
0'18.037
0'55.001

Definitely some room for improvement, but I don't see me catching imfaster2! though. :indiff:

just dont give up...keep chippin' away at the stone. you never know what you can come up with if you try real hard. i always tell people the same thing...never give up. never! you'll only beat yourself in the end. and remember this...im in Div3 right along with ya buddy, and there's a wholelotta guys way faster than me. :sly:

Man this track kicks my but in so many ways :dopey: good t1, then bad t2, or vise versa, or no mater what you can ruin a good run in the last high speed bend. I used 250 tops for this run, and even though the splits look good, I have a lap with almost the same time at the line with a 54.4xx

Back at it then, for a few more and then I'll be done with this one.

Just spent another hour on this. This is so remenescent of week 87, where I KNOW I can go faster, but god if only I could put it all together.

More from me too, this shows just how badly I sucked at the T2 - finish before! Although my T2 split is 2/10ths slower than before, my overall laptime is 6/10ths quicker!

T1 17.740
T2 54.140

Also amazed that I got both splits to end in 40! :D

*edit* Actually, scratch that as an update, I've just had a closer look at the replay, and as far as I can tell there's a point on the outside of turn 4, where for a femtosecond I may have lost contact with track or rumbly, just as the strip ends, it's really difficult to tell whether my right rear is still touching the yellow line or just the grass, but since both left side tyres are off, it's too close for comfort, I'm calling it dirty and I'll have to run a little more! Any excuse huh?!!!! Oh just think if I could couple my previous splits with this finish, I'll be a happy racer! :mischievous:

Well, I don't think I'll fair to well this week. I put in 3 solid sessions and had alot of fun, don't think I'll have time for anymore, and if I sub now I won't need to worrie about it :)

I'm happy with t1 and the last sector was good, could have done beter in the 2nd sector as I've had a few 53.9xx but over all not a bad lap.

Good luck to all out on the track. Another addicting combo Sjaak 👍

Effective 25 June gtbadboy will be "AWOL" until September. Painful, to say the least but, unavoidable. :grumpy:

DJ: I expect you to stay on top of Div III if not Div II and look forward to running you down when I return. I will miss our rivalry. 👍

Sphinx and Sjaak: Thank you for all your kindness and help in making me a better driver but, I will return eh? 👍

To the rest of the WRS crew: This has been great fun and I will miss the banter and the "B. S." over the next few months. (unless things change here). Give Sjaak all your support 'cause IMHO he's doing a great job and deserves it!! See you all in Sept. if not sooner. :cheers:

After a dozen or so laps here are my best splits atm:

T1: 17.603
T2: 54.329

There's room for improvement in T2 at least, but my final sector was pretty good on this lap so it's going to be tough to improve.

EDIT: I've just improved slightly with a quicker lap all around in all sectors. I'm just wondering, if I want to get onto the leaderboard must I submit my time and is that my final time? So what I mean is is the leaderboard of all the final times or just provisional ones?

After a dozen or so laps here are my best splits atm:

T1: 17.603
T2: 54.329

There's room for improvement in T2 at least, but my final sector was pretty good on this lap so it's going to be tough to improve.

EDIT: I've just improved slightly with a quicker lap all around in all sectors. I'm just wondering, if I want to get onto the leaderboard must I submit my time and is that my final time? So what I mean is is the leaderboard of all the final times or just provisional ones?

The leaderboard is based on the splits we posts in the thread. It gets updated whenever the volunteers have time to do it. 👍

You can post as many split updates in the thread as you want to. :)

We're only allowed one submission per race though, so don't submit your final time to Sjaak before you're certain, you won't improve more.

Submitting now - leaving for vacation in an hour. With so little running I'll probably end up at the bottom of Div 2 :ouch:.

The leaderboard is based on the splits we posts in the thread. It gets updated whenever the volunteers have time to do it. 👍

You can post as many split updates in the thread as you want to. :)

We're only allowed one submission per race though, so don't submit your final time to Sjaak before you're certain, you won't improve more.

OK thanks for the information. :)

My updated splits are:

T1: 17.519
T2: 54.269

Still need to get the perfect lap though. There's at least a couple of tenths there.

Just spent another hour on this. This is so remenescent of week 87, where I KNOW I can go faster, but god if only I could put it all together.

Eek! :crazy: Get off my tail man! Haha, you're probably already ahead of me at the line... I guess I'll have to have another go at this before the week's over. Not that I don't want to!
Effective 25 June gtbadboy will be "AWOL" until September. Painful, to say the least but, unavoidable. :grumpy:

DJ: I expect you to stay on top of Div III if not Div II and look forward to running you down when I return. I will miss our rivalry. 👍

Sphinx and Sjaak: Thank you for all your kindness and help in making me a better driver but, I will return eh? 👍

To the rest of the WRS crew: This has been great fun and I will miss the banter and the "B. S." over the next few months. (unless things change here). Give Sjaak all your support 'cause IMHO he's doing a great job and deserves it!! See you all in Sept. if not sooner. :cheers:
Sad news mate!!! Here's to sooner! :cheers:

Haha!

T1: 17.650

D'oh!

T2: 54.458

And I cried when I finished the lap, even though it was clean - it was not fast.

Curse you, Aquascum!

V.

Back