GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hardtop Coupe bodystyle was not unique to the Z06, it was sold on the standard Corvette as well.

gallery2-3.jpg

Hasnt there been a Z06 of every Corvette?

No there hasn't. The RPO Z06 package first offered on ’63 models, but there was a long gap until the next Z06 (being this one, technically a 2001 model - though it's listed as a 2000.)

That and it's just the GT4 model...which was a 2002 C5 Z06.

By probability? It's incredibly highly unlikely it's not a Z06, especially since it's a C5.

I agree, it is more than likely a C5 ZO6. The fact they probably had all the information they needed helps too. I also think the slight bump visible in front of the back wheel is the brake duct vent.

polyphonyvettee22.jpg

00chevroletcorvettez06r.jpg

Last edited:
No there hasn't. The RPO Z06 package first offered on ’63 models, but there was a long gap until the next Z06 (being this one, technically a 2001 model - though it's listed as a 2000.)

I agree, it is more than likely a C5 ZO6. The fact they probably had all the information they needed helps too. I also think the slight bump visible in front of the back wheel is the brake duct vent.

Yep you are very correct with that statement, If it was a regular C5 it would be smoothed out, But as you can see it is a duct. there for it's a C5 Z06

Last edited:
Oh the memories, I remember with early GT4 shots I was pointing out proof that the C5 was a Z06 for the car list.

I think the Z06 was new to the C5 Corvette, before that the Z06 model designation didn't exist.

The z06 package was first offered as a racing package in 1963. The grand sport moniker also came from around this era I believe. It's quite interesting to read how it all came about.

More information here:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/matts-hi-res-hide-out/11288-chevrolet-corvette-c2-z06.html

Edit: Crap, looks like someone beat me to it. Ah well, the link is still a good read :)

Last edited:
No, you can clearly see the wings reflection on the cars bodywork.

It is weird, even the wheels look out place in other pics... it might be a quick version of the car they made to advertise the demo.

Seems to be the logical conclusion because in every other angle it looks amazing(graphically, not aesthetically it's not really my style).

wait a second... right hand drive and 370Z logo? a British model?

Nice spot (370Z has been shown as Fairlady Z until now), considering SCEE is based in the UK I am not suprised.

Actually more likely a Japanese model, Japan drives on the right hand side too, GT seems to pay close attention to what side cars drive on.

Yes, based off the Japanese model but they don't call it 370Z in Japan, it's called "Nissan Fairlady Z"

It is weird, even the wheels look out place in other pics... it might be a quick version of the car they made to advertise the demo.

image_gran_turismo_5-11960-1865_0003.jpg

You're seeing partly the mounting and some shadowing. It's probably mount through a slit and bolted from underneath.

If you do a search for Yokohama A048, you'll see that it's okay to mount the tires inside out on the same side. Although the tread is directional, the fact that it is symmetrical allows you to do that. If Asymmetrical tread, you can't.

Actually more likely a Japanese model, Japan drives on the right hand side too, GT seems to pay close attention to what side cars drive on.

Jay
Yes, based off the Japanese model but they don't call it 370Z in Japan, it's called "Nissan Fairlady Z"

Also to my knowledge Japan doesn't really use rear fog lights that often (like what is in the bottom of the rear bumper)

image_gran_turismo_5-11960-1865_0003.jpg

You're seeing partly the mounting and some shadowing. It's probably mount through a slit and bolted from underneath.

If you do a search for Yokohama A048, you'll see that it's okay to mount the tires inside out on the same side. Although the tread is directional, the fact that it is symmetrical allows you to do that. If Asymmetrical tread, you can't.

If its asymmetrical and you put it on the wrong way when you mount it on the tire your an idiot, but you can still flip it around... doesnt make a different, a wheel can be asymmetrical but not directional, the A048s are directional.

Not a wish list, not a wishlist :dopey:

If its asymmetrical and you put it on the wrong way when you mount it on the tire your an idiot, but you can still flip it around... doesnt make a different, a wheel can be asymmetrical but not directional, the A048s are directional.

I actually drive a car that's using the Yoko A048- I did a lot of asking around when choosing tires for my Acura NSX and learned a lot from that process. Some of the things said by the manufacturers aren't necessarily set in stone. Experience on the other hand...

For many years I raced moutain bikes (x-country)- again tires are sold directional (Michelin, Conti etc.) and F and R specific. Even it if they're directional- it usually comes down to terrain or personal preference although I tend to adhere to F and R spec.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back