GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly beleive that livery on that Rolla is Photoshop. Nevertheless I can't wait to drive that car in the game. little cars like that are so much fun!! (Providing its a petrol engine).

Jay
I'm curious if that is actually a GT render or just a toyota promo render.
Definitely not a gt render...not to mention that the livey is awful, like it was badly photoshopped.

This picture is possibly just a photoshoped picture for this car:
kcjyhz.jpg

I think the Colrolla will be in GT5, but not with this livery. People could win this car on the GT5 stand on AGS.

Porsche is overrated. They are, as Jeremy Clarkston has said more than once, the laziest designers ever. Which just makes them boring. Sure, they might have some good engines and be the only Rear engine car maker around, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't come up with a new design in over a decade. That's why that new Porsche is really cool. A big enough change in design to get excited about.

Meh, I have never once looked for a track car with a different or more fancy shell.

After all, its just a shell. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I love Porsche, the few I've driven are awesome. But then again, I actually like the 'rinse repeat' look they always use. Its sexy.

Sure, British Nobles are still my favorite cars. But I don't expect to ever see those.

hmmm i just got my hand on gtpsp today,i noticed something not every car from gtpsp has tradeable and non tradeable, For example the Dodge SRT4 has "tradeable"(Thank god) Does that mean it's in GT5? I think i'm catching on to what PD has done.

hmmm i just got my hand on gtpsp today,i noticed something not every car from gtpsp has tradeable and non tradeable, For example the Dodge SRT4 has "tradeable"(Thank god) Does that mean it's in GT5? I think i'm catching on to what PD has done.

I've asked myself that question too sometimes...
but I don't know what it exactly means

I've asked myself that question too sometimes...
but I don't know what it exactly means

i mean its sharable lol. but yea, it's such a mystery, i mean thats saying outright what cars from gt4 are in and what are not. but seeing how its 1000 cars, i say since the models from gt4 have all been modeled(And modeled incredibly well for a PS2 game still to date if i do say so..) i say all they have to do is touch them up, texture and detail the interior, bring it to ps3 quality, and vuala..1000 cars.

i presume this is what they did for the miata,350z,viper gts and excettera.

i mean its sharable lol. but yea, it's such a mystery, i mean thats saying outright what cars from gt4 are in and what are not. but seeing how its 1000 cars, i say since the models from gt4 have all been modeled(And modeled incredibly well for a PS2 game still to date if i do say so..) i say all they have to do is touch them up, texture and detail the interior, bring it to ps3 quality, and vuala..1000 cars.

Nah, Kaz said they threw out all the PS2 code. GT5 = brand new game.

No, the GT4 models won't work right for GT5, not only would they look lower quality since no ammount of touching up can make 10,000 polys look like 200,000 polys, but the car models in GT5 are modelled by parts. For example the bumpers are modelled seperate to the car, so are the doors, the bonnet, boot etc. kaz confirmed this a good while ago. In GT1-4 the carsa are modelled as one piece, there are no gaps between the body panels, just textures to look like gaps, they are all one piece.

Models != code

Kaz said on a couple occasions GT5 doesn't carry any legacy code from GT4, it's new from scratch, the reason it has taken this long (according to him).

edit

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091103/SEMA/911039983

Autoweek
What's taking so long with the product, then?

From our perspective, it doesn't seem like that long a time. To make Gran Turismo 5, we threw away the legacy code from GT4 and started from scratch. It's been five years from [the release of] GT4, and that's the same amount of time it took to develop the first GT(1). To create a game from scratch, that's about the amount of time it takes to get it right.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091103/SEMA/911039983#ixzz0b4raOqOI

Let me guess, you haven't checked what this means in the in-game manual?

Tradeable and shareable are in regards to sharing cars with friends in GT PSP, nothing more. Tradeable means that you lose the car in exchange for something your friend has. Shareable means that you can give it to a friend without losing the one in your garage.

Sony reps have repeatedly said all cars. The only clarification needed from that is if all means all models, or truly all so that I will wind up with both a Tuscani and Tiburon.

Porsche is overrated. They are, as Jeremy Clarkston has said more than once, the laziest designers ever. Which just makes them boring. Sure, they might have some good engines and be the only Rear engine car maker around, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't come up with a new design in over a decade. That's why that new Porsche is really cool. A big enough change in design to get excited about.
Those things are what's so great about Porsche! They simply keep their tradition going. Who would buy a Porsche 911 if they suddenly mounted the engine in the front and made it look completely different? I wouldn't anyway...

Take the New Beetle for an example. That car is among the biggest fails in automobile history IMO. Sure, it's among the ugliest as well, but if they had made it rear wheel driven and mounted a 4-cylinder boxer engine in the rear, it would 5000 times cooler than what it is.

Hey, I have a question:
Yamauchi said that you'll be able to port cars from GT for PSP to GT5, so does that mean that all cars from GT for PSP will be in GT5?

Hey, I have a question:
Yamauchi said that you'll be able to port cars from GT for PSP to GT5, so does that mean that all cars from GT for PSP will be in GT5?

We don't know yet since there are a lot of duplicates of the same car in GTPSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back