GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can add the McLaren F1 finally to a carlist of Gran Turismo:

Oh man! Very nice! It will certainly rock, in my nurburgring factory spec car time attack challenge (I used the ring to test the cars in factory spec in gt4, it was very very funny), I'm pretty sure it can lap the ring under 6:30, take this Veyron!! :sly:

Looks like a TVR of some sort(tamora, t350??), also the car list needs to be updated with

Chevrolet
Corvette Z06 (C5) '02 (There is a screenshot of it being modeled a few pages back)

Mclaren
Mclaren F1 '94 (Not 100% about the year it was first made(either 93 or 94) from new video)

Looks like a TVR of some sort(tamora, t350??), also the car list needs to be updated with

Chevrolet
Corvette Z06 (C5) '02 (There is a screenshot of it being modeled a few pages back)

Mclaren
Mclaren F1 '94 (Not 100% about the year it was first made(either 93 or 94) from new video)

👍 I agree

So... Just like having the Bugatti license and the Veyron, opens the possibility to any of these:

http://www.bugatti.com/en/tradition/bugatti-models.html
(the type 35, 54 and EB110 would be great additions)

...having the F1 means the McLaren license. Which opens the door to getting the new 2011 McLaren MP4-12C to be sold "early 2011" :)

2011-McLaren-MP4-12C-car-walls.jpg

Wishfull thinking :rolleyes:

Last french magazine posted Zonda's pic.

I own the magazine - it was a Ferrari F458 Italia, not a Zonda, but a Zonda will probably be there anyway.

It is easy to think a F458 is a Zonda - same basic shape

Sorry to burst the bubble

Sorry to put another post in but does anyone think one of the white cars before the supposed 'vette ZR-1 is a porsche or an RUF?

Apparently the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni is also in the CES demo, there are no screen shots yet but its been well documented. I suppose it can go in as Green for now.

Its great news that Mclaren is in. I suppose the MP4-12C could make it in as a concept car. Just out of interest does Mclaren own the rights to previous F1 cars or is that Mercedes? (im talking about individual F1 cars and not the whole F1 licence i.e. the F2007 in GT5P).

Robin.

Sorry to put another post in but does anyone think one of the white cars before the supposed 'vette ZR-1 is a porsche or an RUF?

That has been discussed here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=172

Unfortunately not :(

Apparently the Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni is also in the CES demo, there are no screen shots yet but its been well documented. I suppose it can go in as Green for now.

Its great news that Mclaren is in. I suppose the MP4-12C could make it in as a concept car. Just out of interest does Mclaren own the rights to previous F1 cars or is that Mercedes? (im talking about individual F1 cars and not the whole F1 licence i.e. the F2007 in GT5P).

Robin.

Well... Generally I'd say if it's a McLaren Mercedes then the 1st would have the rights but McLaren F1 racing team is probably a very different "brand" all together, owned by (in different moments in time) the same or by different people than McLaren - car maker. So it's more like Brawn GP or Force India, than Renault, Honda, Toyota and Ferrari F1 teams that are (where) owned by the same person/company.

Well... Generally I'd say if it's a McLaren Mercedes then the 1st would have the rights but McLaren F1 racing team is probably a very different "brand" all together, owned by (in different moments in time) the same or by different people than McLaren - car maker. So it's more like Brawn GP or Force India, than Renault, Honda, Toyota and Ferrari F1 teams that are (where) owned by the same person/company.

Thats what I was thinking, their name is first above the door and all the old Mclaren F1 cars are on display at the Mclaren factory so one would assume they own the IP. However as you said F1 teams change ownership all the time and its less clear as to who owns what compared to traditional brands.

Seeing as PD has such a good relationship with Mercedes anyway heres hoping! 👍 We might even get the Brawn!

Robin.

Thats what I was thinking, their name is first above the door and all the old Mclaren F1 cars are on display at the Mclaren factory so one would assume they own the IP. However as you said F1 teams change ownership all the time and its less clear as to who owns what compared to traditional brands.

Seeing as PD has such a good relationship with Mercedes anyway heres hoping! 👍 We might even get the Brawn!

Robin.
Sorry to dash your hopes of the 2009 Brawn GP 001 being in the game the F1 cars and championship game license is owned by Codemasters and we all know how rubbish that is going to turn out with there old physics engine

Secondly we will probably see the Mclaren MP4-23 or MP4-22 because Codemasters don't hold the F1 license for 2007 or 08 seasons

Sorry to dash your hopes of the 2009 Brawn GP 001 being in the game the F1 cars and championship game license is owned by Codemasters and we all know how rubbish that is going to turn out with there old physics engine

Secondly we will probably see the Mclaren MP4-23 or MP4-22 because Codemasters don't hold the F1 license for 2007 or 08 seasons

Got a point 👍

Still, better to have a few (older) F1 than none...

Cars playable(from the Motor Trend impressions on the demo)
Only 12 cars -- including the Toyota FT-86 Concept, ARTA Honda NSX JGTC, Tom's Lexus SC430 JGTC, Amuse Ericsson Nissan 380RS Superleggera Z33, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni, HKS Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru WRX WRC, Suzuki Swift WRC, Ford Focus WRC, and Nissan GT-R SpecV -- on four tracks (Fuji Speedway, Indianapolis 500 Road Course, Nurburgring Nordschleife, and a fictional Tokyo city streets track#
All the cars in bold need to be added to the list, I am not sure about the suzuki swift WRC as I think it may just be the SX4 but someone got it mixed up!

Cars playable(from the Motor Trend impressions on the demo)
Only 12 cars -- including the Toyota FT-86 Concept, ARTA Honda NSX JGTC, Tom's Lexus SC430 JGTC, Amuse Ericsson Nissan 380RS Superleggera Z33, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni, HKS Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru WRX WRC, Suzuki Swift WRC, Ford Focus WRC, and Nissan GT-R SpecV -- on four tracks (Fuji Speedway, Indianapolis 500 Road Course, Nurburgring Nordschleife, and a fictional Tokyo city streets track#
All the cars in bold need to be added to the list, I am not sure about the suzuki swift WRC as I think it may just be the SX4 but someone got it mixed up!

Agree. :) I was about the post the same thing, you beat me to it. :D

Got a point 👍

Still, better to have a few (older) F1 than none...

Yh, I wish they would include some of the old turbo formula 1 cars that were monsters which required a highly skilled driver to get the performance out of the machine

No, because iirc the pics may or may not have been from GT5, GT PSP or GT4's development. It was just a random pic of a C5 being modelled with no information to put it into perspective.

But still, with nothing to put the pic into perspective there's nothing to confirm it is indeed a pic of a GT5 car. This list isn't for cars that are likely or probably going to be in, it's for cars we have sufficient evidence to add. It didn't look especially high or low quality to me though, the colour and angle of the model in the shot don't help, but either way, we still have no context of it.

Finally 2 new Lamborghinis in the list The Gallardo lp-560 and the real wheel stripe madness Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni. Now i think its time for the new zonda cinque. Its SO pretty(look at my avatar)

Heh heh I hope PD keeps those cars you will NEVER use in a race, but always go for a time trial in, like the Daihatsu Midget and the Honda Life step van, haha they were fun. (i spent ages trying to tip the midget years ago :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back