GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delvesy
Jim,

Thanks for yor suggestion. My favourite would have to be the 'F1 User Suggestion Route Map by Jon Edwards'. More turns & longer course than the BBC one. Also the Regent Street course is too short.

Thank you, Delvesy, for clearing things up. I included the link to the page, so, if PD comes browsing thru, they know where to look.

Denver, Houston and San Jose are a bit vague. I'd like you to state the specific tracks. the others are up there, now.

Can't forget the newly repaved for $7,000,000, now hated by everyone, bumpy as hell(very bumpy around the corkscrew)Laguna Seca!

Thanks for the effort Jim.
For Australia could you add:
Bathurst (Pre Chase)

Conrod Straight used to go straight from Forrest's Elbow to Murray's Corner until someone got killed at the bridge in 1986. Todays cars would be reaching 320 kph if the Chase wasn't there.

Jim Prower
Thanks, Classic Anycar! all your tracks are up.

It seems all you added were my American tracks. Thank you. Was there a problem with the other tracks?

BTW, are the Buenos Aires and Estoril tracks the Grand Prix courses?

stinger061
Some interesting ideas however i feel that there is no way we need that many tracks in the game. I know these are just suggestions and nobody would want all of them in the game but i don't think we need a whole lot more. Also im not for having multiple versions of the same track.

I want ALL of them, and I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that many tracks (along with MANY more cars...tripling the amount in GT4 would be good and not at all unreasonable, imo).

Content-wise, GT4 is not a giant leap from GT2 (in many respects, it hardly even exceeds GT2...what's the deal with upgrades? GT4 can even be considered a downgrade in that respect...the upgrades are practically the same, except now there's no racing modification...that sucks). If GT doesn't make vast improvements in terms of content, it's just going to go stale. Polyphony has absolutely no excuse to not go all out, especially since they now have the PS3 to work with, along with the foundation that's been laid by the previous GT games. GT5 will have more cars on track along with online-play? Bravo...that's stuff that should've already been done. Pretty graphics? That certainly helps, but it doesn't make GT4 any more fun/replayable than GT2.

I want the game so crammed full of stuff, that they have to use two discs, just like GT2. Now that would be a lot of content! :drool:

but anyway...

Canada Courses
Montreal F1 Course can't remember the track Name sorry
Toronto Indy road Course
US courses
Daytona Le-mans Course 24H of daytona
Watkins Glen

and for Us Nascar Junkies
Bristol TN
Charlotte (aka Lowes)
Darlington SC.... Good Drift track coming outta turn 4 earn your Strip LOL
Daytona
Martinsville Va
Richmond Va
Talladega

Summit Point Raceway-Jefferson Circuit
Summit Point Raceway-Shenandoah Circuit

Two other slightly smaller tracks which are part of the Summit Point Complex, though not actually part of the main Summit Point Track itself.

Classic Anycar
It seems all you added were my American tracks. Thank you. Was there a problem with the other tracks?

BTW, are the Buenos Aires and Estoril tracks the Grand Prix courses?

[strikethru]I'm pretty sure I put the others up, too. I may have re-named a couple, so they make more sense.[/strikethru]

EDIT: Strike that. I hadn't. Sorry for the trouble: they're up now.

1-My dream is to run at "Nelson Piquet circuit" in Rio de Janeiro -Brasil
The Formula 1 used to run here and it would be fantastic to run in my hometown

2-Monza-Italia
The best Formula 1 circuit ever

MS

MICHAELSCHUMACH

2-Monza-Italia

MS

Welcome to GTP, Mikey!

Please, check the main list. we actually have Several Monzas, and the Piquet circuit may be Jacarepagua, I'll have to check on that.

if we're including australian drag strips in the wishlist... you'd have to include one of the best tracks in the southern hemisphere... Kwinana Motorplex in Western Australia...

I see Wanneroo Raceway is on the list already... all good, of course, you'd want both long and short circuits included... :)

(and true to real life, not like the version on TOCA/V8Supercars with a wall around the infield)

The Netherlands:

TT Assen for bikes

UK:

Top Gear Track, but only for testing cars, not for racing against others

i think, that in gt5, they should have random road tracks
they could just fly over towns, take videos of some streets
and turn a few roads into a track,
maybe even some drag strips, to race on, not just test your car, but,
specificness, i say they should put on
thunder road raceway, VT
AND
hidden valley speedway, VT
both smallish US tracks
map pics and specs- http://www.nkn.com/nkn/tracks/vermont.pdf
AND
autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico
map pics and specs- http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/MX/AutodromoHermanosRodriguez.html

what about tracks that dont exist but nearly did, like the proposed sydney olympic park street circut, the sydney city proposed champcar circut, the aukland new zealand proposed street circut. and how about a salt flat for top speed runs (complete with flipping cars if the aero isnt right) and wheel and engine dynos

alexlees
what about tracks that dont exist but nearly did, like the proposed sydney olympic park street circut, the sydney city proposed champcar circut, the aukland new zealand proposed street circut. and how about a salt flat for top speed runs (complete with flipping cars if the aero isnt right) and wheel and engine dynos

Give me maps of the proposed tracks, and we'll talk.

Bonneville might be pretty cool. I'll put that up.

2-Monza-Italia

MS
The "Nelson Piquet Circuit" you are reffering to is Jacarepagua. Jacarepagua is the common name while Nelson Piquet is the official name. Like with stadiums, the official names are rarely used and will change from time to time to honor a special person. There is also a Nelson Piquet circuit in Brasilia, on the list as 'Brasilia'.

And I guess you could ad:
Italia - Vairano

Id also like to point out a mistake on your list. Its the Sa Marino one, there are no racing circuits in San Marino. The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari is located in Imola, Italia and is commonly known as Imola. It does host the San Marino GP because the RSM volunteered their countries name for the GP since the Italian Gran prix was already take by Monza. Several variations of Imola are already on your list so it would be best just to dlete this one.

yea i want that too

The "Nelson Piquet Circuit" you are reffering to is Jacarepagua. Jacarepagua is the common name while Nelson Piquet is the official name. Like with stadiums, the official names are rarely used and will change from time to time to honor a special person. There is also a Nelson Piquet circuit in Brasilia, on the list as 'Brasilia'.

And I guess you could ad:
Italia - Vairano

Id also like to point out a mistake on your list. Its the Sa Marino one, there are no racing circuits in San Marino. The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari is located in Imola, Italia and is commonly known as Imola. It does host the San Marino GP because the RSM volunteered their countries name for the GP since the Italian Gran prix was already take by Monza. Several variations of Imola are already on your list so it would be best just to dlete this one.

Thanks for the help!

By the by, folks, don't be afraid to add a Touge or other sort of point-to-point course that's not in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back