UK:-

Santa pod
bruntingthorpe "not shure if thats thats how you spell it"
ilse of man TT course

USA:-

pikes peak down hill
pikes peak down hill paved

💡 :sly:

How about Solitude in Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany?

Also the Circuit de Pau and Clermont-Ferrand in France, it was once called the Nurburgring of France :sly:

So many tracks and so many people with different preferences. The ideal situation would be if you could download tracks and save 'em. Problem is, the tracks would probably be too advanced for Polyphony Digital to make quickly and they'd take up a lot of memory space. Oh woe... :banghead:

It would make a hell of a game though. I thought GT4 was big! But.............
nige

United States
Gingerman (located in south-ish western Michigan)
Grattan (located in west-ish southern Michigan)
......i wish i could use my hand to show you guys where i'm talking about <8- P

-UNITED KINGDOM-
Dunsfold Airfield "Top Gear Test Track"

-UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-
Consumer Reports Test Course

They definately need Bonneville and Talledega. How cool would it be to actually run the salt at speeds of 300mph+ ? They will need some historic land speed cars to go with this.

wow theres alot of great idea's here, i particulary like the touges you picked haruna usui etc...

but is anyone planning on sending this list in to polyphony or something...?..? sounds like a good idea...

cause chances are there wont be a single touge track in the game :(

wow theres alot of great idea's here, i particulary like the touges you picked haruna usui etc...

but is anyone planning on sending this list in to polyphony or something...?..? sounds like a good idea...

cause chances are there wont be a single touge track in the game :(

From what I hear, P.D. does check here from time to time.

By the By, do you know any other point-to Point races in other countries? I'd like to see mome more, Rally stages, too.

From what I hear, P.D. does check here from time to time.

By the By, do you know any other point-to Point races in other countries? I'd like to see mome more, Rally stages, too.

well I just know of some other touges and such but i dont want to just put up alot of them.. Haruna Usui Akagi etc is already on there...

(and myogi is officaly raced on actually i think motorcycle racing) so i dont see why it wouldnt be in a racing sim..

and there needs to be crash collision along with rally courses and increase the difficulty...i mean i can easily dust the computer on lvl 10 difficulty with the subaru impreza protoype rally car

considering GT's japanese..um, influence for lack of a better word, i'm surprised they haven't included touge courses. I think it would be lots of fun to tear through the mountains of japan on narrow roads. i'd like more tracks like Citta di Aria, except longer, twistier, and set in japan. the touge course from best motoring/hot version would be amazing. i don't know it's name, it may already be listed.

so this is not a totally useless post, i have a suggestion for the list: tail of the dragon, in the US. it's not really a track, but it would be fun.

considering GT's japanese..um, influence for lack of a better word, i'm surprised they haven't included touge courses. I think it would be lots of fun to tear through the mountains of japan on narrow roads. i'd like more tracks like Citta di Aria, except longer, twistier, and set in japan. the touge course from best motoring/hot version would be amazing. i don't know it's name, it may already be listed.

so this is not a totally useless post, i have a suggestion for the list: tail of the dragon, in the US. it's not really a track, but it would be fun.

your right it is weird that they dont throw in any japanese touges etc and the game is made in japan...

but anyway another thing i want is to be able to run nurburgring reverse!!! it would be a perfect uphill course!

and heck maybe even bring back costa di amalfi but perhaps make a second route...maybe something sort of like a different version or something

No, the circuit's Combe, I checked. The castle itsself is Coombe

Oulton, however, might be right

Check that, it is.

Bizarre!! It seems that they are spelt randomly as Coombe or Combe although most references to the Race Circuit are Combe...

Will have to check what the road signs say next time I drive past!!

Either way it's said "Cooo Mm B" (If you understand what I mean!) Not "Comb" (Something you use in your hair!)

C.

San Francisco - The Point to Point from Bullitt !...

I rock !...

Whoever suggested Jyllandsringen and Padborg Park (Both danish tracks) needs a good solid kick in the head... Both tracks are of NO interest whatsoever and has only been mentioned because whoever did are Danish... They're worthless (The tracks that is...)

you know what might be cool also? if pd decides to create their own original touge track.... that would be awesome :D

-> Is it possible to separate High Speed Ring into two versions?

-> Because after playing GT1/GT2 and GT4 side-by-side, I've noticed that the HSR on GT1/2 embankment is higher and the width of the road is somewhat narrower compared to the one in GT4.

-> Is it possible to separate High Speed Ring into two versions?

-> Because after playing GT1/GT2 and GT4 side-by-side, I've noticed that the HSR on GT1/2 embankment is higher and the width of the road is somewhat narrower compared to the one in GT4.
While the two tracks share a very similar outline and both have significant banking, they are completely different. The original is much narrower and much shorter and the S-turns are completely differnt. I prefer the original, though to have both would be nice as the GT4 version is a different kind of track, much more High Speed. Yes, I do think they should be separated.

^ Same as the GT1/2 Test Track, if you compare them side-by-side the Driving Park (aka. GT3/4 version). I like the tricky enbankment of the first version, for example no stock Lotus Elise, Exige, and the ferocious Elise GT-1 with stock tires can clear the first corner (funny as it is, but its very fustrating). While the DPTC is a lot more flat suttle and (to me) boring. The Test Track (no matter the GT1/2 or the DPTC) should be separated too. (:

San Francisco - The Point to Point from Bullitt !...

I rock !...

Whoever suggested Jyllandsringen and Padborg Park (Both danish tracks) needs a good solid kick in the head... Both tracks are of NO interest whatsoever and has only been mentioned because whoever did are Danish... They're worthless (The tracks that is...)

That was awfully close to flaming. Personally, I think that comment was driected more towards the poster than the tracks, especially the parts I have emboldened. I accept all types of tracks, no matter how "Worthless" they are. Buttonwillow is a fairly uninteresting, awfully flat club track in my opinion, (of course, all I've seen of it is form onboards from NASA Honda Challenge races) but that wouldn't make me think the person who suggested it is stupid.

I won't report it, but if someone in authority sees it, It'll have to be up to them.

As well, the "Bullitt" Point-to-Point would be nearly impossible...considering there's some large gaps in the scenery, and repeated scenes from different angles. I agree, if there'd been more linearity, it'd have been neat, but, unfortunately, there wasn't. I won't put it up immideately, unless someone could draw up a course map similar to the route.

I agree, the test track in GT3/4 is indeed a TEST track. The earlier circuit is more of a mega speed raceway, much shorter and interesting corners. Im not too interested in ovals, but I see how this track can appeal. It offers something real life cant (it would be very dangerous to build banking that steep with that kind of entry speed) in the same way SSR11 from GT1 did.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but - being a Le Mans fan :crazy: - I'd like to have in GT5 the classic Le Mans track, and that isn't just the "no chicanes" version of the modern track (we got in GT4).

To get a glimpse of it, check this out (notice how the brakes/tyres have evolved in the last 40 years)

GT40 (?) in Le Mans 1968

I agree, the test track in GT3/4 is indeed a TEST track. The earlier circuit is more of a mega speed raceway, much shorter and interesting corners. Im not too interested in ovals, but I see how this track can appeal. It offers something real life cant (it would be very dangerous to build banking that steep with that kind of entry speed) in the same way SSR11 from GT1 did.

Well, Daytona and Talladega...ESPECIALLY Talladega...come kinda close. But, yeah, that course's a very large bullring (note to self...don't lower all the way on that one...)

By the By, since this is GT5, not GTHD, Eiger Nordwand has been made regular color

Seeing as how Kaz expressed interest in adding midgets (and presumably sprint, silver crown and maybe even late models) to the GT mix in his recent interview w/ IGN, I thought it would be appropriate to add some grassroots American ovals (paved and otherwise) to the list, since Eldora is already on it. (Tony Stewart seems like the kind of guy that would give Kaz and his posse free reign to digitize his track.) Anyway, here are my picks in no particular order:
-Irwindale Speedway 1/8 Mile
-Irwindale Speedway 1/2 Mile
-Perris Auto Speedway
-Ventura County Fairgrounds
-Winchester Speedway
-Knoxville Raceway
-O'Reilly (nee Indianapolis) Raceway Park oval
-I-70 Speedway
-Las Vegas Motor Speedway Dirt Track
-Lowe's Motor Speedway Dirt Track
-Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track
-I-55 Speedway

-> As a proud Las Vegas resident, I like to wish that these two race tracks here in downtown Las Vegas, and I'm not talking about LVMS.

United States

Las Vegas Grand Prix F1 Circuit (Caesars Place) 1981-82
Circuit_Caesars_Palace.png

Las Vegas Grand Prix CART Circuit (Downtown Las Vegas) 2007
113679_lvgp_proposed_track.jpg

(:

-UNITED STATES-
Peoria Motorcycle Club Race Park

Because it's a bit more complex than a 1/2 mi. bullring. And it has a jump.

EDIT: and, HOLY CRUD! How did I miss all of THOSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back