GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this wishlist about. what courses we want in gt5? if so i dont see adelaide raceway on there

Yes, GT5, Not GTHD.

Oh, and,

Adelaide International Raceway

First one in the "Australia" list.

Zolder and Sap...Sop...SPA...are up. Sendai is not. thank you for your contributions.

I know they wont include this, but i just made it for fun :)

this is my home village (Timrå)

I know they wont include this, but i just made it for fun :)

this is my home village (Timrå)

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I've made a bunch of fantasy circuits across SoCal (though none in my hometown) on Google Earth Plus! I'm sure there's a way to upload them for other Google Earth users to see...I just haven't figured it out yet! :dopey:

Edit:
Okay, I've made one through Monrovia, but it's not particularly interesting. (Curse our mostly grid pattern streets!)

I drew one up in Paint from Peoria....

Need to get it up...need to FIND it, first.

Its okay that Våler and Rudskogen is on the wishlist...But we in Norway actually got the biggest motorcentre in the nordic countries...Artic Circle Raceway, Mo I Rana, Norway.

"Way up in the north of Norway lies one of the most remote and exotic race tracks on Earth. The city is called Mo (Pronounced "moo") and just outside of Mo is the Arctic Circle Raceway, which is about 20 km south of the actual arctic circle !!"

G'day,
I've checked out the track wish list and was disappointed to see the Aussies missing three other tracks in Australia, Wakefield raceway (south of sydney) for you Aussies out there, we run the V8 Developement series, Sports Sedans and heaps of other classes. Also how about Mt Buller, a 16km, 35 turn, 1km ascent tourist road that the quickest time is a 8.42min climb. Similiar to Pikes Peak but with big fat trees to hit.
Final note I hope they don't put reverse tracks in GT5 because theres not a lot of true life tracks that can run reverse, if they want it real get it real the first time.
Cheers and happy wishing

Didn't notice this track mentioned

CART runs a race every year on this layout at an airport in Cleveland, Ohio.

I don't think anyone mentioned Atlanta Motor Speedway, Nascar's fastest race track thanks to the restrictor plate. Somebody mentioned Lowe's (Charlotte) Motor Speedway, though; which is the same layout as Atlanta MS and Texas Motor Speedway with differences in banking and paving (if there are differences between the three).
This is a huge pic of AMS

Uh...a few replies....

Its okay that Våler and Rudskogen is on the wishlist...But we in Norway actually got the biggest motorcentre in the nordic countries...Artic Circle Raceway, Mo I Rana, Norway.

"Way up in the north of Norway lies one of the most remote and exotic race tracks on Earth. The city is called Mo (Pronounced "moo") and just outside of Mo is the Arctic Circle Raceway, which is about 20 km south of the actual arctic circle !!"

Ah! That sounds cool...literally! (Bad, Bad, BAD Pun....) Added.

i dont mean to twist arms here, while actually i do. why would we need more then 1 drag strip? i can see a few oval tracks, but even those are timid and boring after 1 lap. there is so many good tracks out there, just put all of them on this list

Feh, I think it'd be nice if PD got at least a list of strips to choose from! On the Ovals...well, try driving those ovals a little faster, especially something like Darlington or Martinsville. We haven't had a very good oval track YET in the GT series, all too wide, too easy to drive (barring the spooky, Talladega-like Test Track in GT1/2) and a Dirt oval, be it a 1/4 mi bullring where you've gotta drift all the way around, or a 1mi monster like the one at the Illinois State Fair Fairgrounds, would also be an enhancement.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd list some of those road courses you mention.

That's all for now.

EDIT: continuing commentary.

G'day,
I've checked out the track wish list and was disappointed to see the Aussies missing three other tracks in Australia, Wakefield raceway (south of sydney) for you Aussies out there, we run the V8 Developement series, Sports Sedans and heaps of other classes. Also how about Mt Buller, a 16km, 35 turn, 1km ascent tourist road that the quickest time is a 8.42min climb. Similiar to Pikes Peak but with big fat trees to hit.
Final note I hope they don't put reverse tracks in GT5 because theres not a lot of true life tracks that can run reverse, if they want it real get it real the first time.
Cheers and happy wishing

Feh, at Pikes, we have cliffs to fall off of, so, I'd say we're even. but, yeah, both Added.

CART runs a race every year on this layout at an airport in Cleveland, Ohio.

I don't think anyone mentioned Atlanta Motor Speedway, Nascar's fastest race track thanks to the restrictor plate. Somebody mentioned Lowe's (Charlotte) Motor Speedway, though; which is the same layout as Atlanta MS and Texas Motor Speedway with differences in banking and paving (if there are differences between the three).

Actually, Burke Lakefront Airport has been added already. AMS wasn't on previously, so I did add that.

EAST Japan
01 Hokkaido Speed Park
02 Tokachi International Speedway
03 Sendai Hi-Land Raceway
04 Sportsland SUGO
05 Ebisu Circuit
06 Nihonkai Maze Circuit
07 Nasu Motor Sports Land ... Closed
08 Twin Ring Motegi
09 Tsukuba Circuit
10 Fuji International Speedway

WEST Japan
11 Suzuka International Circuit
12 Inagawa Circuit
13 Central Circuit
14 Nakayama Circuit
15 Okayama International Circuit
16 Mine Circuit ... Closed
17 Asan Circuit
18 Auto Polis International Racing Course
19 Sports & Safety Riding Field SPA Naoiri
20 Honda Safety & Riding Plaza Kyushu

This one, I'll mark off the ones we have...but there are some new ones....

*Have it.

EAST Japan
01 Hokkaido Speed Park
02 Tokachi International Speedway
03 Sendai Hi-Land Raceway*
04 Sportsland SUGO*
05 Ebisu Circuit*
06 Nihonkai Maze Circuit* (Correct name, though)
07 Nasu Motor Sports Land ... Closed
08 Twin Ring Motegi*
09 Tsukuba Circuit*
10 Fuji International Speedway*

WEST Japan
11 Suzuka International Circuit*
12 Inagawa Circuit
13 Central Circuit
14 Nakayama Circuit
15 Okayama International Circuit*
16 Mine Circuit ... Closed
17 Asan Circuit
18 Auto Polis International Racing Course*
19 Sports & Safety Riding Field SPA Naoiri
20 Honda Safety & Riding Plaza Kyushu

A few new ones:

-ROMANIA-
Bucharestring

homepage of Bucharestring

-SPAIN-
Circuito Monteblanco (under construction)

homepage

-GERMANY-
Ehra-Leissen

see this for info (thanks to German Muscle)

Edit: And More:

-ITALY-
Targa Florio (original 1907, 448.4 km)
Targa Florio (Tour of Sicily 1912-1914, 965 km)

-United States-
Pony Express 130, State highway 305, Battle Mountain NV

Homepage:
http://www.openroadracing.com/html/pony_express.html

Ah! Point-to point! and some courses of antiquity. sounds good!

(Noted: The Pony Express this year is being run like the final race of "The Love Bug.")

In total how many tracks have been wished for in this thread? 200? That would nice if GT5 had that many but to create that many tracks; we would not see the game until late 2008. I cant wait that damd long!!!

Again, the purpose of this thread is not that we actually expect Polyphony to put every single course in GT5, but to give them a selection of wonderful courses to choose from, and some ideas of what we want.

someone should really look into sending this list to polyphony or something...

but being realistic does anyone think they will actually add a touge track at all?...

or even a track longer than 2 minutes other than nurb ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back