GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some info on the Monte Carlo stage. It doesn't really have a name but it's run from the town of La Bollene to the town of Sospel and vice versa. It is characterized by it's many hairpin turns, dizzying downhill roads, and by a portion of the stage called Col de Turini. Turini is a part of the stage where drivers will often encounter icy conditions which they must tackle with semi slick tires since the vast majority of the stage is dry tarmac. Using ice tires just for this part is very impractical since it would cost too much time in the dry portions of the stage. Spectators will often add extra snow to the Turini. My guess is they do this when the Turini is dry and free of snow. Oh and this stage used to be run at night, but it's now considered too dangerous to do so.

We could call it "Monter Carlo Rally - La Bollene to Sospel Special Stage"

Here's a site with lots of info on this stage. Maps, pics, videos, etc.

http://perso.orange.fr/col-de-turini/en/turini/map.html

Sounds awesome! this way, we won't have to wait for a "Snow advisory for Mt. Haruna" if we need a challenge...

Italy:
Monza (10km config as in the film "Grand Prix")
Monza (Club circuit)

they have to have Monza.....such a good and classic track.....

The milimillia in mexico; the very long one you have to run from South Mexico trough all the way to USA. I know is not a circuit but is very interesting ang challengin roads.

Italy:
Monza (10km config as in the film "Grand Prix")
Monza (Club circuit)

they have to have Monza.....such a good and classic track.....

Think I've got those...

Wildchildpr
The milimillia in mexico; the very long one you have to run from South Mexico trough all the way to USA. I know is not a circuit but is very interesting ang challengin roads.

the Carrera Panamericana?

chrisbroughton
United Kingdom - Dundrod

It's as good as up.

That's correct; The Panamericana.
I think that it will be like running the nurburgring, in a another country.
what you think?

I think it's about 100X the Nurb. damn, you're talking over 1,000 miles of road! You thought the 24 hour races were bad?

I don't think I can ask for any more if they had the following tracks in GT5(I know, most have already been posted but I think this is a very do-able list as some were in previous GT games*). All are fun and challenging...not to mention that the list is diverse enough to please a lot of people.

Le Circuit de Mont Tremblant
Watkins Glen
Sebring
Infineon*
Laguna Seca*
Suzuka*
Motegi*
Hockenheim
SPA Francorchamps
La Sarthe*
Nurburgring*
Adelaide Street Course
Bedford Autodrome (I think this one is more interesting than Silverstone, though not nearly as historic unlike the other ones I listed)
Monaco*
Circuit de Nevers Magny Cours
Imola
Sepang
Macau

I know it might be heresy to some of you, but I can live w/o Tsukuba & Fuji.

I DON"T want to be SUBJECTIVE here so........
Manufaturer's in GT4 have a race track in the game from the same country that the manufacturer's are Based at, for example
Japan- Nissan, Honda...Fuji, Suzuka
Deutchland- BMW, Mecedes Benz...Nurburgring(As good as 2 tracks)
Italy- Zonda, Lancia...Costa de Amalfi, Citta de Aria
France- Renault, Peugeot...Cote de Azur, George Paris
Shall I go on......
However country's like Aus miss out a little bit....
Aus has few Car makers...yes, however Australia does have many popular Race tracks suitable for all classes of driving and or Riding!
Manufacturers or the lack there of, are inpart due to
one of the most richest and diversified Import line-up's in the World.
(A Multi-cultural backed nation you might say...) However the lack of Manufacturer's doesn't mean that famous tracks such as BATHURST or PHILLIP ISLAND can not be incorperated into GT5.
PHILLIP ISLAND for example could be incorperated into both Polyphony Digital franchise's as the track is a major and popular track for the Moto GP International Motorcycle Race series.
How about the Formula 1 series that Race in numerous locations around Australia?
I also hope that in the not so distant future the JGTC (Super GT) might make there way to Aus, speculation has it....???
However it be, Polyphony has presented a rendition of Realism that has been unparalled in the gaming Industry, and made a spectacle of the GT Racing Simulater series to date...faith in there best judgement would certainly be due.👍
Peace,
Rusty*

Yes, Indeed, there is a large munber of Australian tracks (including those two) on the list already.

How about the old Australian V8 race track called lake side in Queensland. I use to go and see the races there and it looked like a lot of fun to drive.

The Direction of tracks in GT4 was based around realistic tracks, there where many additions of real tracks in GT4.
However I believe the Polyphony Team has decided to go with more open coutryside tracks where your driving in amazing scenery....thast real enjoyable driving. I base this understanding on the fact that El Capitan, Nurburgring(realistic track as well) tracks where added both having fantastic scenery! GTHD has a new Swedish based track that is based out in the open coutryside, driving in nature... The power of the PS3 and the previews of GT5 graphics would complement this decision! Go PD I think its a swell idea :)

bjb
How about the old Australian V8 race track called lake side in Queensland. I use to go and see the races there and it looked like a lot of fun to drive.

Lake side...gonna need a little more info than that.

i'd wish some new tracks like:
Valencia
Macau
Shanghai GP
Dubai Autodrome (2nd F1 track in the middle east/U.A.E-Dubai)
Hockenheim
Surfers Paradise

In general more european tracks. Stay away with the japanese :D

i'd wish some new tracks like:
Valencia
Macau
Shanghai GP
Dubai Autodrome (2nd F1 track in the middle east/U.A.E-Dubai)
Hockenheim
Surfers Paradise

In general more european tracks. Stay away with the japanese :D

stay away with Japanese? That is going to be hard...considering PD is a Japanese company....I see Valencia in our future however....it was in tt...
How about Sugo or Fuji drift course....lol...

Just for future reference...

Sears Point = Infineon

I know, I don't like these new "Sponsor" names for arenas and tracks either. But they won't agree to being in if they dont use the current name.

Lake side...gonna need a little more info than that.
It's called Lakeside Raceway. It's a good little track in Queensland and has been used for the Australian Grand Prix in the past.
http://www.lakesideraceway.com/

You could put Amaroo Park in there too. It was west of Sydney. There is a housing estate there now, like there will be at Oran Park in a few years, but it was a tight track with undulations but it was just outgrown as touring cars got faster.

I'd like to see the new Grand Prix circuits - Valencia, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and South Korea - especially if the game gets released before the next version of an F1 game.

On that note, I'd also like to see Cote d'Azur get narrowed a little so it's the proper circuit, if not in name. It would be harder to overtake, but that's just Monaco (I'm also not a fan of the walls down at Nouvelle as they're not ther ein real life, but I guess that's just PD forcing you to take the corner) ...

I'd like to see the new Grand Prix circuits - Valencia, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and South Korea - especially if the game gets released before the next version of an F1 game.

On that note, I'd also like to see Cote d'Azur get narrowed a little so it's the proper circuit, if not in name. It would be harder to overtake, but that's just Monaco (I'm also not a fan of the walls down at Nouvelle as they're not ther ein real life, but I guess that's just PD forcing you to take the corner) ...

Could I get the actual circuit names for Singapore, Abu Dhabi, and South Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back