GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this thread. ^^

I don't know about that Area 51 track idea...I'll accept courses on actual, public thruoughfares (Which would be closed off to traffic, as per FIA or whatever rules) and real road courses, but no pie-in-the-sky ideas like that.

It was filmed in Paris so maybe Paris Rendezvous?
A version was done in Prague with a 350Z called The Run (except the streets were closed off). I'd add that course, too, but I can't find a route map ...
Hey, didn't you guys have an Area 51 track idea somewhere? Shouldn't that be in here too?:confused:

And um, where can I go to post my own track? I saw several user-made tracks and I was wondering where the thread is. Not the one with "I think this would be a good idea", but the one where they actually had a link to their track. And if it's in THIS thread, sorry.

:-)
Jump on Google Maps, hit "Print Screen" and paste it to MS Paint or similar program (I had to crop the picture to save space). Then just use the drawing or straight-line tool to mark out your course, save it, and host it on ImageShack. It usually helps if you actually know the roads you're plotting out; University is about 7km which is a little longer than Formula One standards. I'm saying this because if you just get a map of anywhere and start drawing lines, you could easily come up with something that's twice as long as the Nurburgring (as I discovered when I tried to connect the two ends of Rendezvous Paris).

-> Um, Just to point out a bit, someone here in GTP just realised that there are different variations of Mid-Field Raceway, observe:

GT2 & GT3 Version
mid-field_165x168.gif

GT4 Version
midfield_165x168.gif

-> And three for Grand Valley Speedway:

GT1 & GT2Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

GT3 Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

GT4 Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

^ All I say to this is WHAT!? :eek:

-> Man I didn't realized it at first, but its so true!!! :dunce:

Jump on Google Maps, hit "Print Screen" and paste it to MS Paint or similar program (I had to crop the picture to save space). Then just use the drawing or straight-line tool to mark out your course, save it, and host it on ImageShack. It usually helps if you actually know the roads you're plotting out; University is about 7km which is a little longer than Formula One standards. I'm saying this because if you just get a map of anywhere and start drawing lines, you could easily come up with something that's twice as long as the Nurburgring (as I discovered when I tried to connect the two ends of Rendezvous Paris).

Thanks! I've got several course ideas, namely in Chesapeake, VA. So uh, once I post it on ImageShack, do I post it here?

Yeah, Link to it here, and I'll put up the name of the track as a link on the list under GRAN TURISMO.

I did it! I did it! I just used Yahoo Maps instead of Google Maps. The printer-friendly version is what I needed. But if you're going to do this you have to paste it onto a Word document, copy it again, and THEN put it on paint. That's the only way it will work.

The blue line is the start/finish. Here they are.

Great Bridge East Course
Great Bridge West Course
Great Bridge Full Course

By the way, I used to live right on one of those streets so I know what it would be like.

I've always liked Bridgehampton Race Circuit on Long Island in NY. 👍

I drove in a couple of races there when I was young man. I didn't win, but I had a great time. :sly:

It was mostly used as a SCCA (Sports Car) track, but NASCAR did run there a few times in the 1960s.

Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Bill :)

you say adelaide parklands street circuit.

do you mean both versions
the formula 1 GP circuit 3.78kms (1985-1995)
the clipsal v8 circuit this track is shorter 3.22kms (1999?-current)

Nice track list, i'll take it!
One thing i never paid that much attention to was just how many non real tracks PD actually made over the years. Man i hope they look at this list, and even if they don't get all the real life tracks at least have their home made ones, man that's alot, haa ha.
Good job on the list tho, first time i eve looked at it was couple nights ago and it had my attention.

-> Yo Jim, I think you kinda overlook my post back on page 11. I just browsed the list again, and it was left unoticed. ;)

-> Um, Just to point out a bit, someone here in GTP just realised that there are different variations of Mid-Field Raceway, observe:

GT2 & GT3 Version
mid-field_165x168.gif

GT4 Version
midfield_165x168.gif

-> And three for Grand Valley Speedway:

GT1 & GT2Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

GT3 Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

GT4 Version
grand_valley_165x168.gif

^ All I say to this is WHAT!? :eek:

-> Man I didn't realized it at first, but its so true!!! :dunce:

-> Yo Jim, I think you kinda overlook my post back on page 11. I just browsed the list again, and it was left unoticed. ;)

Sorry, but I personally think the layouts are a little too close to warrant different versions. Sorry!

-> Hmm, I see...

...but its not that obvious on paper, the real difference is when you drive those courses. You play GT since GT1, right Jim? :confused:

Yes, since GT1....

Well, I have six days on vacation, starting tomorrow, tell you what, next thursday, remind me again. I kinda need to think about it a little bit.

^ Lucky bastard! :sly:

-> Sure, I'll remind you again next week, if you have any questions, just PM me. ;)

Okay, I'm back, and I have an all new course....

-UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-
Iron Mountain Road (Black Hills, South Dakota)

One lane tunnels, anyone?

By the way, I've decided to give the go-ahead on the Midfield and Grand Valley courses

I've got a few:

-UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (no chicane)
Mid-Ohio Motorcycle Short Course
Rockford Speedway Oval - there's a figure 8 too, but it's meant for demolition derbys.
Southern Motor Speedway

I'm waiting for someone to think this is the real track list a la the car wishlist. :dunce:

I doubt that'll happen, especially considering that we have tracks members made up on there.

Sorry, but I personally think the layouts are a little too close to warrant different versions. Sorry!

agreed. not a big difference there. now with tracks like special stage route 11, test course or even high speed ring...all for it. 👍

Jim, I think you missed one of my earlier posts but that's actually a good thing since some of the courses weren't named right, so here they are:

-UNITED STATES-
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course II (No chicane)
Rockford Speedway Oval
Southern National Raceway

havent been here in ages.. did anyone ever add mt .usui? i didnt see it when i looked..

Right at the end of Japan. See "Usui Touge."

Driving Park
Jim, I think you missed one of my earlier posts but that's actually a good thing since some of the courses weren't named right, so here they are:

-UNITED STATES-
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course II (No chicane)
Rockford Speedway Oval
Southern National Raceway

I did have them, but, thanks for the corrections!

Having briefly visited it last week, i'd like to add Anglesey Circuit in North Wales.

There are 4 variations of the new layout - Club, National, Coastal & International GP. Plus the original, now non-existent layout best known for it's usage as the test track featured on '5th Gear'. Think of it as the UK's equivalent of Phillip Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back