GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured you'd get that:sly:. After I made that post, I also ironically found a course on a racing game called "Total Immersion Racing" called Spring Field where it was a road course that has a short and long configuration.

Talheim is a place in germany and there is a track on TIR called "Talheimring".

Yeah, I used to own Total Immersion Racing. It's a pretty good game actually, there's a "grudge" feature where if you hit a car he'll try to hit you back (and he's an AI). It had pretty good graphics, too. Makes you wonder if GT can learn anything from it.:scared:

:-)

Yeah, I used to own Total Immersion Racing. It's a pretty good game actually, there's a "grudge" feature where if you hit a car he'll try to hit you back (and he's an AI). It had pretty good graphics, too. Makes you wonder if GT can learn anything from it.:scared:

I have it and still play it. And I've had that happen where for kicks(because I didn't believe what they said about the "Ground Breaking AI") I knocked a driver out of the way to take the lead from him and at the last race for the championship, I was fighting him for the lead and he knocked me off track. I do hope we get to see this kind of AI in GT.

Dunno if this was mentioned, but in the master list on the first page, i seen that the Daytona Int'l Speedway Motorcycle course isnt listed. Its a long-shot that the track will be in the game, but if it is, i think they will include the Motorcycle track.

Hmmm, I had an idea that instead of "Daytona 24 Hour Road Course", why not just put something like:

Daytona International Speedway - Road course
Daytona International Speedway - Oval

Just thought this might be more organised and professional looking. This could work on other road course ovals.

What about the road that the host of "Victory by Design" uses to test the rare classics he somehow gets his hands on? I think it goes around a lake, and at one point it goes by the entrance to an actual racetrack.

What about the road that the host of "Victory by Design" uses to test the rare classics he somehow gets his hands on? I think it goes around a lake, and at one point it goes by the entrance to an actual racetrack.

Its could be anywhere.

Oh and here's one I don't think anyone mentioned,

Detroit Belle Isle

muahahahahahaha, bet no one thought that one up.

I think that I may've put Belle Isle up in my first post here(page 7 I think) when I asked for basically every track that the ALMS has competed on since 2000.

I think that I may've put Belle Isle up in my first post here(page 7 I think) when I asked for basically every track that the ALMS has competed on since 2000.
At that time, The ALMS didn't compete on Belle Isle. Saturday however they just did so technically at the time you requested the tracks they have competed on, that excluded Belle Isle. And BTW, The tracks you requested that were raced on by the ALMS were already requested I would think.

Dunno if this was mentioned, but in the master list on the first page, i seen that the Daytona Int'l Speedway Motorcycle course isnt listed. Its a long-shot that the track will be in the game, but if it is, i think they will include the Motorcycle track.

Show me that it's a different layout and I'll put it up, but, form what i've seen, they run the same course the Rolex 24 runs.

RACECAR
Its could be anywhere.

Oh and here's one I don't think anyone mentioned,

Detroit Belle Isle

muahahahahahaha, bet no one thought that one up.

Someone already did. Probably a CART track.

By the way...

Chernaudi

It you just said "Every track the AMLS has competed on since 2000," I didn't put it up, Because...

ME. IN THE FREAKIN' FIRST POST THAT NO-ONE READS.
Please, don't suggest "Groups" of tracks, i.e. "all the tracks run by XX series." I can't copy-and-paste their names.

Daytona updates made. that's all for now, folks

I was at Kinokuniya bookstore a couple of weeks ago and picked up the latest issue of Nostalgic Hero, a Japanese classic car mag. It came with a DVD (all in Japanese, of course) with some classic racing footage of Nissan Skyline GT-Rs (KPGC-10s) on a high speed road course with a high banked NASCAR styled corner (but going right, of course.) It took me a little bit of searching, but I figured out it was the original configuration of Fuji Speedway, which was originally planned as an oval. But a last minute change in funding required going to a road course after only one high bank was built. It looks like the original Fuji Speedway is going to be in GT5, and I'm very happy about that.

The Festival of Speed on Tweed circuit. It's a short run - roughly a kilometre - around the northern New South Wales town of Murwillumbah, and is used for a kind of time trial for cars that are pre-1977 (they must be 30 years old and the model must have some racing experience in roder to have its entry accepted). I went to this year's event - hence my absence - and while it's only short, it would be good as a kind of test track for older cars. Think of it as Goodwood, but not as classy. Don't have a link, but as soon as I do, I'll post it.

I hope GT5 includes Australian cars again, the new Holden VE Commodore (especially the SSV) and the new HSV E-Series (especially the GTS) would be great. Does anyone know the chances of them being included in the final game?

ve ssv.jpg

This is the track wishlist, not the one for cars. Use the search function to take your Holden Fanboyism elsewhere.

Anyway, here's a link to the route map for the Festival of Speed on Tweed. The red part is the stage the cars run over conpetitively, though they occasionally run parade laps that simply link of the finish line alongside the school with the first corner.

The only downside is that there's no actual pit area, the kind of which we'd be used to. The Showground serves as "pits", though in reality it's just the cars parked under awnings so spectators can get right up close to them.

Chicagoland Speedway.

Got it.

Bahrain International Raceway

Got It.

I hope GT5 includes Australian cars again, the new Holden VE Commodore (especially the SSV) and the new HSV E-Series (especially the GTS) would be great. Does anyone know the chances of them being included in the final game?

WRONG THREAD.

The Festival of Speed on Tweed circuit. It's a short run - roughly a kilometre - around the northern New South Wales town of Murwillumbah, and is used for a kind of time trial for cars that are pre-1977 (they must be 30 years old and the model must have some racing experience in roder to have its entry accepted). I went to this year's event - hence my absence - and while it's only short, it would be good as a kind of test track for older cars. Think of it as Goodwood, but not as classy. Don't have a link, but as soon as I do, I'll post it.

WELL DONE! Consider that added! I can see other events taking place there, such as Tsuosio battles, Touge Battles, and time trials.

Uh, Speed on Tweed is actually in Australia ... like I said, think Goodwood, but not as up-market.

EDIT: I don't know if these two are included, but I'll mention them anyway:

X-Games XII Rally Circuit:
060714_rallymotomap_6x4.jpg

This is the one where Colin McRae rolled his Impreza in the final and still came second.

X-Games XIII Rally Circuit:
http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=2895395
It's at the bottom of the page ... cars complete one lap of each 'leg', but I'm not entirely sure how they cross over from one lane to the next.

What up, Jim? I want to inform you that Daytona International Speedway has been confirmed for GT5:P(Speedway and Road Course configurations incase your curious). And here's a track no one mentioned that I recently saw and want to add to the wishlist:

RFK Stadium

Sorry, Been busy lately, and probably won't get to things today.

EDIT: Tomorrow's today, and Today's yesterday. List updated. Congrats to Daytona International Speedway! Hope this means the '69 Charger Daytona, and Ferrari Daytona, and Cobra Daytona, will make it in.

Bathurst is one of the best tracks in the world:

SCA1000trackmap07.gif

Track Facts:

(From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000 for more info)

The race starts and finishes at a different point. The first corner is Hell Corner, known to claim a few scalps at the start and after the Safety Car. After Hell Corner is Mountain Straight, a 255km/h straight leading into Griffiths Bend. Griffiths Bend is more known for Paul Dumbrell hitting the wall, losing a wheel then ricocheting into Craig Lowndes windscreen in 2005. It is also known for Jim Richards, the year before hitting a kangaroo while in the Top 10 on Lap 112. You go up to the Cutting and the climb begins. Reid Park is a complex corner and most drivers have been caught not shortshifting in the middle of the corner and spinning. Down to Sulman Park and McPhillamy, more controversial in the 2006 race when Jason Richards hit the wall and no safety car was called with 2 laps to go. You cannot see the road at 220km/h but you go into Skyline and the Dipper, one of the best corners in Australian Motorsport. Into Forrest Elbow, the slowest part of the track, you go to Conrod Straight, a 305km/h straight. The Chase is where you are on the limiter braking into another corner to 130km/h. The final turn, Murrays is the 17th turn and last of a busy lap.

Hope this means the '69 Charger Daytona, and Ferrari Daytona, and Cobra Daytona, will make it in.
I do too, especially the Cobra Daytona Coupe. Loved that car in GT2 and hope they bring it back.

Jim Prower
X-Games XIII Special Stage (A bit curious about a crossover jump: Timing software tends not to like those sorts of things.)
I suppose PD could simply make it a more traditional Super-Special crossover which would simply be a bridge over the track. I'm more curious about how the cars change lanes, though I believe they circumvented the jump on the return trip and looped onto the other lane ... but that would call for a junction on the circuit ...
Generation IV
Even though this has been addressed as being in the wrong thread and any further discussion is pretty much off-topic, I'm going to say I bloody well hope they're not in the game. I'd rather push a Ford than drive a car that's full of Holes, Oil Leaks, Dents and Engine Noises. Holdens are pieces of crap and I certainly wouldn't take one on any racing circuit mentioned in this thread because it would make the venue look bad.

Okay, guys that's enough.

@ Suomi_N1K: Welcome to GTPlanet! I think you'll see that, if you look at the first post, you'll see that we already have TWO Bathursts.

@ Serge: Consider it added

@ DYR: please, I know you're a Ford guy, but If you wouldn't mind, the conversation's over. Please, no more on it.

Circuit Raul Boesel / Curitiba are the same thing.

To help you:

- BRAZIL -

Brasilia (Nelson Piquet International Racetrack)
Curitiba (Curitiba International Racetrack a.k.a. Raul Boesel Racetrack)
Interlagos (1990 to date) - (José Carlos Pace International Racetrack)
Interlagos Original Grand Prix Circuit (Pre-1989)
Interlagos Exterior Course (Pre-1989
Jacarepaguá (Nelson Piquet International Circuit + Emerson Fittipaldi Speedway)*

The Jacarepaguá racing complex has been "destroyed" because of two constructions for the Rio 2007 Pan American Games. The North sector is gone, meaning the oval track is no more. The road course will be fixed with a new project for the north area.

This is how it was and how it is today:

Bathurst is one of the best tracks in the world:

SCA1000trackmap07.gif

Track Facts:

(From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000 for more info)

The race starts and finishes at a different point. The first corner is Hell Corner, known to claim a few scalps at the start and after the Safety Car. After Hell Corner is Mountain Straight, a 255km/h straight leading into Griffiths Bend. Griffiths Bend is more known for Paul Dumbrell hitting the wall, losing a wheel then ricocheting into Craig Lowndes windscreen in 2005. It is also known for Jim Richards, the year before hitting a kangaroo while in the Top 10 on Lap 112. You go up to the Cutting and the climb begins. Reid Park is a complex corner and most drivers have been caught not shortshifting in the middle of the corner and spinning. Down to Sulman Park and McPhillamy, more controversial in the 2006 race when Jason Richards hit the wall and no safety car was called with 2 laps to go. You cannot see the road at 220km/h but you go into Skyline and the Dipper, one of the best corners in Australian Motorsport. Into Forrest Elbow, the slowest part of the track, you go to Conrod Straight, a 305km/h straight. The Chase is where you are on the limiter braking into another corner to 130km/h. The final turn, Murrays is the 17th turn and last of a busy lap.
And it was probably the first track requested as early as GT2 ... that said, I hate how they stick sponsors' names on the track's corners. Conrod Straight is Conrod Straight, not "Jim Beam Conrod Straight". It just butchers the circuit's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back