GT5 Track Wishlist V2.0

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I just updateeeeed......

No worries, I got 'em...plus a spot for that original layout you mentioned.

Well, everyone took up all the good tracks so I only have one that after taking a good look at the list, I would like to see:

USA

Iowa Speedway Oval
Iowa Speedway Road course

After browsing the list once again I've found another course (eh, strip) to be added:

-UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-
Texas Motorplex Dragstrip

And I had kind of an idea. You know how most dragstrips have a side road for driving back down to the tree? You could make a kind of oval course if you had the strip, the turn to the side road, the side road, and the turn in to the start line. Or, you could just make an oval using the right lane for one way, a U-turn, and the left lane on the way back, then turning around back to the right lane. Just some ideas.💡

:-)

You mean, Like Martinsville? ;p

Naw, it might be neat to try something like that, though I wouldnt' think there'd be much room for passing. Might be better as a car test.

Yeah, it would be better for car testing, so you could do it over and over without having to restart. Great idea!

I've found many more courses:

-ARGENTINA-
Autodromo Oscar Alfredo Galvez (correct name)

-AUSTRALIA-
Amaroo Park (’67-’98)
Barbagallo Raceway Short Course (correct name for Wannaroo Raceway)
Barbagallo Raceway Long Course (correct name for Wannaroo Raceway)
Mallala Motorsport Park (correct name)
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit (correct name)
Sandown Raceway (correct name) ’62 (3.1 km)
Sandown Raceway ’84 (3.9 km)

-AUSTRIA-
Zeltweg Airfield Grand Prix Course

-BAHRAIN-
Bahrain International Circuit (correct name for Sakhir, that’s the city it’s located in)

-BRAZIL-
Circuit Raul Boesel

-CHINA-
Beijing International Street Circuit (correct name)
Shanghai International Circuit (correct name)
Zhuhai International Circuit (correct name)

-GERMANY-
Nurburgring Betonschliefe Warm-Up Loop

-INDIA- (new country!)
Kari Motor Speedway

-UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-
Blackhawk Farms Raceway
Brainerd International Raceway Road Course
Brainerd International Raceway Dragstrip
Brainerd International Raceway Kart Course
Gateway International Raceway Oval
Gateway International Raceway Dragstrip
Heartland Park Road Course
Heartland Park Dirt Course
Heartland Park Dragstrip
Delete Indianapolis Raceway Park (it’s the same track as O’Reilly Raceway Park)
Irwindale Speedway 1/3 Mile
Mansfield Motorsports Park
New Hampshire International Speedway
Talladega Gran Prix Raceway (not associated with the superspeedway)

All obtained from Wikipedia.

I'll...I'll get to those later...

(That's the biggest list i've ever seen...)

Already added this, but here's an idea of what you'd contend with on Iron Mountian Road in South Dakota.

Haruna Don't have one lane tunnels...

^ That Iron Mtn road looks fun! I'd like to do 5x the speed limit there and die! :crazy:

Then you'll wanna see Mount Rushmore FIRST. It's only a few miles, and I'm sure the Mount would also make a great Photomode Location. Heck, it'd be easy to see from IM Rd.

I was just in South Dakota two months ago and I was there. That was fun, especially the tunnel and the over-under loop.

Really? I was there the end of last month! We didn't drive on it, but I wanted to.

The top of the hill, I believe, is in Keystone, and the bottom is Custer State Park. If nothing else, we could get Genki out there for the next TXR: D

If I remember correctly from the map, there are actually three tunnels, but that Rushmore View (on the Uphill?) would be the most awesome, even if you could only see it for a half-second as you hustle your Impreza WRC out of that tunnel. Make a good replay camera shot, too.

Really? I was there the end of last month! We didn't drive on it, but I wanted to.

The top of the hill, I believe, is in Keystone, and the bottom is Custer State Park. If nothing else, we could get Genki out there for the next TXR: D

If I remember correctly from the map, there are actually three tunnels, but that Rushmore View (on the Uphill?) would be the most awesome, even if you could only see it for a half-second as you hustle your Impreza WRC out of that tunnel. Make a good replay camera shot, too.
Yep it really would. It could be kind of like a hillclimb rally with the bridge as the finish line.

Yep it really would. It could be kind of like a hillclimb rally with the bridge as the finish line.

I was more thinking of using the entire length of the road from Keystone to Custer State Park.

I was more thinking of using the entire length of the road from Keystone to Custer State Park.
That actually does sound cool. And maybe, since I saw what appeared to be a wet tunnel, it could be in the wet. Imagine the fun you could have driving that fast in those conditions. I know I would!

I'm not sure if these was already up as I don't remember seeing them:

Texas World Speedway
Heartland Topeka

If they are, then disregard them.

Yeah, TWS and Heartland Park are there. It's okay!

(We may be running out of racetracks...)

Yeah, TWS and Heartland Park are there. It's okay!

(We may be running out of racetracks...)
Ah, I didn't know Heartland Topeka and Heartland Park were the same place. Here's three I didn't see mentioned(probably because no one has heard of them):

Minato City
Talheimring
Springfield

Now, We might be out of race tracks:)

If by Springfield, you mean the Springfeild Mile, the 1mi dirt oval in Springfield Il, on the Illinois State Fairgrounds, (Where I saw the USAC Silver Crown and ARCA truck boys qualify last weekend) then we got it. You wouldn't think I'd miss a track less than two hours from where I live? ;)

The other two...I need countries for. and perhaps some elaboration on Minato City.

If by Springfield, you mean the Springfeild Mile, the 1mi dirt oval in Springfield Il, on the Illinois State Fairgrounds, (Where I saw the USAC Silver Crown and ARCA truck boys qualify last weekend) then we got it. You wouldn't think I'd miss a track less than two hours from where I live? ;)

I figured you'd get that:sly:. After I made that post, I also ironically found a course on a racing game called "Total Immersion Racing" called Spring Field where it was a road course that has a short and long configuration.

The other two...I need countries for. and perhaps some elaboration on Minato City.
Talheim is a place in germany and there is a track on TIR called "Talheimring". In this picture, look at the bottom left hand corner and you'll see its track map:
tir.jpg

As for minato city, it is in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back