• 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
-UNITED STATES-
Texas Motor Speedway Road Course
Texas World Speedway (Any Layout)
Texas World Speedway Layouts
track.gif

All the major ALMS tracks would be nice.

Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Reliant Park, Houston
Mid Ohio
Lime Rock Park
Miller Motorsports Park
Portland International Raceway
Mosport
Laguna Seca

Some of the newer and older circuits would be great too:

Newer:
St Petersberg, FL
Bell Isle, Detroit
Long Beach

Older:
Texas Motor Speedway road course
Lowes Motor Speedway road course
RFK Airport Washington DC
Adelade
Trois Riveries(spelling)
Miami Street course
Sears Point/Infineon Raceway

And some variants of Le Mans wouldn't hurt:

Le Mans from 1930's-55
LM from '56-68
LM from '72-85
Lm from '87-90
LM form '90-2001
LM '06
LM '07-

All the major ALMS tracks:

Sebring
Reliant Park, Houston
Mid Ohio
Lime Rock Park
Miller Motorsports Park
Portland International Raceway
Road America
Mosport
Road Atlanta
Laguna Seca

I'd also like to see some of the older and newer circuits
Older:

Lowes Motor Speedway road course
Texas Motor Speedway road course
Miami street course
RFK airport Washington DC

Newer:
St. Petersberg, FL
Belle Isle, Detroit
Long Beach.

And also some different versions of Le Mans:

LM 1930's-55
'56-68
'72-85
'87-90
90-2001
'06
'07-present(Sorry repost-I didn't know that I had to turn the mark forums thing off for me to post-I'm a new member)

(Sorry repost-I didn't know that I had to turn the mark forums thing off for me to post-I'm a new member)

Hm....I guess it's okay. I think only three versions of Circuit De La Sarthe is enough, though. the major ALMS courses are mostly up there, too. I'll pick through, and see what you have left....but, next time, pelase, check the main list to see if anything you have is already up.

maybe a third ss route 11 track. same as the gt1 version except when you go under the front straight, no chicane.

I'd like to see Ebisu added (as seen on Best Motoring's various challenges).
I'd also like to see the GunSai Touge.

Spa would be really nice and some of the smaller tracks around the UK would also be great. 👍

There are just so many road tracks around the world, I don't see how PD could miss some of the more popular ones that I've already mentioned... It's not like these are tracks bound by agreements with other companies.

Tracks like Road America, I can understand not getting that into the game... They already get big money from the likes of Forza and I don't expect GT to put up big money and match Forza all for some big lazy American track ( :sly: ).

However, tracks like Ebisu, straight out of Japan and not featured in any console racing game I know of... That should definately be in GT5 (heck, should have been in GT4!).

Any way, those are a few of my thoughts on the tracks we need to see in our next game. :cheers:

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_auto_racing_tracks#Japan

Tried to find a picture of Ebisu, came up with a list of all the race tracks the wiki knows of in the world.

burke lakefront:👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 (and not just because i live in cleveland:) )
aw man, i was going to mention road america, but someone beat me to it
hows about pocono? that weird triangle-shaped track out in pennsy.
also, nelson ledges just west of warren, ohio. its a regional type of track, but it is the closest thing we got to something like road atlanta or watkins glen. here's the link:http://www.nelsonledges.com/default.aspx. sorry about no track layout, ill probably try to search for it in google maps or something.
did anyone mention long beach? i.e. the GP of Long Beach?

However, tracks like Ebisu, straight out of Japan and not featured in any console racing game I know of... That should definately be in GT5 (heck, should have been in GT4!).

I believe one of Ebisu's drift courses is in D1GP '05 for PS2. oh, someone already added....well, all of Ebisu's layouts. or most of them, anyway.

sweet lamb rally stage i have been there once It really is a good track and testing facility,

hey how about the old Oeosteriechring in addition to the A1 Ring, what about the old combined road course, and oval at Monza, and what about the old Monza oval??

Good job on keeping up the track list

France:
Circuit de la Sarthe 1999
Circuit de la Sarthe 2007 - more runoff room at arnage, pit stalls for 55

United States:
Watkins Glen (no chicane)

Thank you! means alot!

Oh, Made my own circuit...Grand View Drive, Peoria, IL.

Grandviewcircuit.gif

"The World's Most Beautiful Drive" - Theodore Roosevelt

A fair warning, there are a pair of speed humps on Prospect Drive, one of them just before the turn onto Forest Park Drive at the north end of the course. And I mean right smack dab in the braking zone, maybe at the turn-in point.

Thank you! means alot!

Oh, Made my own circuit...Grand View Drive, Peoria, IL.

Grandviewcircuit.gif

"The World's Most Beautiful Drive" - Theodore Roosevelt

A fair warning, there are a pair of speed humps on Prospect Drive, one of them just before the turn onto Forest Park Drive at the north end of the course. And I mean right smack dab in the braking zone, maybe at the turn-in point.
an american nurburgring perhaps?

Too Short. It's about three or so miles in length by my estimate. It'd probably drive like a combination of a street circuit and a Togue course. (two steep up/downhill sections)

Oh, and the Nordschleife doesn't have speed humps.

Just a few i noticed were missing :sly:

Crystal Palace- UK: The old race course through the Crystal Palace grounds.

Dieppe- France: Old road course that was popular in the 30s

Autodromo di Mellaha- Libya: A 13km road course built around a lake in Libya.. once upon a time it was the fastest and most popular circuit in GP racing.

Elaintarharata/Djurgardsbanan- Finland: A small circuit (2km) located in a park in Helsinki, closed in the 60s due to saftey concerns :(

You'll notice that they're all old tracks.. but old tracks are the best by far :sly:

Quite frankly however i would not expect PD to even concider those tracks for GT5, but seeing as everyone else was naming every track ever made i thought i'd join in :dopey:

After hearing of a certain british hillclimb, I added...

-UNITED KINGDOM-
Shelsley Walsh

How about adding some famous rally special stages, like that Montercarlo one where the road goes in an out out of a rock face. I'll try to dig up some info on it.

How about adding some famous rally special stages, like that Montercarlo one where the road goes in an out out of a rock face. I'll try to dig up some info on it.

if you could get the stage names, I could add them.

The others, Bathurst, Silverstone, (ahem,) ARE ALREADY UP!!!!

I got some info on the Monte Carlo stage. It doesn't really have a name but it's run from the town of La Bollene to the town of Sospel and vice versa. It is characterized by it's many hairpin turns, dizzying downhill roads, and by a portion of the stage called Col de Turini. Turini is a part of the stage where drivers will often encounter icy conditions which they must tackle with semi slick tires since the vast majority of the stage is dry tarmac. Using ice tires just for this part is very impractical since it would cost too much time in the dry portions of the stage. Spectators will often add extra snow to the Turini. My guess is they do this when the Turini is dry and free of snow. Oh and this stage used to be run at night, but it's now considered too dangerous to do so.

We could call it "Monter Carlo Rally - La Bollene to Sospel Special Stage"

Here's a site with lots of info on this stage. Maps, pics, videos, etc.

http://perso.orange.fr/col-de-turini/en/turini/map.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back