GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
The amount of dirt on the car is new and different and therefore something to be happy about for some people. Maybe not you, but others like it, including me. I would consider the damage model pathetic only if they were trying to realistically model real damage and did a poor job. But they aren't going for realism, instead PD has decided not to model realistic damage at all, preferring to keep their cars mostly intact, even after car destroying contact. Lots of people actually prefer that.

In other words the car wash guys can actually be happy to wash something.

I'd complain about other cars that are ridiculously priced, but I haven't seen any yet.

And while I would like it for an update to change that fact, considering that they modeled and added another R8 LMS to go with the two from GT5 and still didn't change the price means we most likely won't see that.

And I'm not complaining about "2 cars you can't get for cheaper" I'm complaining about three cars that should be much cheaper than they are.

So yes, you are still missing the point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't being negative about GT6, just that the damage isn't good. Overall I feel good about the launch of GT6. Lots of people are disappointed from learning everything today. Just about everything revealed was more or less expected IMO and I'm still excited for the launch.

But I still think the damage model is very poor. A game with the status of Gran Turismo has no excuse not to be rendering damage to some level of detail, similarly to FM and NFS at least. Only scuffs and scratches is not acceptable.

Ho ho, clever guy huh?... I didn't miss your point. Youre complaining about 2 cars you can't get for cheaper. The R8lms is plain non-livery like the Ultra model for some 4000k. So the playstation and oreca car must be important or you like them, which you apparently do if youre a collector, to complain about their price. The game isn't even out yet so you can't say for certain the prices won't change with the update. Therefor your point is a little presumptuous. Not everyone shares your view either, so missing your point doesn't even matter.

Technically 3 cars, also he says he likes all the cars in GT6. If I can see he said that and I'm not the one arguing with him there is some credence to the idea that you miss the point. That isn't a demo we were shown those are finished product prices and like other features in past games they'll either stay that way from here on or change much much later down the road if complained about enough.

Also missing the point does matter, since you wish to perpetuate what he's said. The fact that you are so adament about defending PD/GT as if it has no faults and can't be objective is sad.

Last edited:
I said 2 because the non livery R8 lms and non livery ultra are near the same. Well, the ultra is better, but I dont care to have every car in game so the two aren't hugely important for me to warrant purchasing the standard lms. The prices may change, ya never know. Even if they dont change, imo its not a huge deal. But indeed the pricing is awkward. (Look at that, not defending PD to the guy who likes to jump in to others conversations). Making my point does not mean missing someone else's point btw.

Just to clarify, I wasn't being negative about GT6, just that the damage isn't good. Overall I feel good about the launch of GT6. Lots of people are disappointed from learning everything today. Just about everything revealed was more or less expected IMO and I'm still excited for the launch.

But I still think the damage model is very poor. A game with the status of Gran Turismo has no excuse not to be rendering damage to some level of detail, similarly to FM and NFS at least. Only scuffs and scratches is not acceptable.

I think we're looking at GT7 before we get any significant damage. The PS3 is already maxed out with all the other stuff going on, realistic collision dynamics and damage is just too much for the overworked, underpaid little PS3:lol:

I said 2 because the non livery R8 lms and non livery ultra are near the same. Well, the ultra is better, but I dont care to have every car in game so the two aren't hugely important for me to warrant purchasing the standard lms. The prices may change, ya never know. Even if they dont change, imo its not a huge deal. But indeed the pricing is awkward.

But you just said yourself in another post that they aren't the same, now they are somewhat? Yeah I don't care to have every car either cause I don't want to have to pay 28 USD several times to do it or cut into my studies/research grinding to get many of them. There are usually only 1-4 cars at that price I'll try to save up for and buy. However, this doesn't change the fact that others do love to collect and GT promotes the idea of doing so, thus I can see the disappointment when a more hard core older version is so expensive. Same issue I have with nitrous being so much and many prices thus far they're either too high or too low to real world not very consistent, maybe a patch will fix this.

I said 2 because the non livery R8 lms and non livery ultra are near the same. Well, the ultra is better, but I dont care to have every car in game so the two aren't hugely important for me to warrant purchasing the standard lms. The prices may change, ya never know. Even if they dont change, imo its not a huge deal. But indeed the pricing is awkward. (Look at that, not defending PD to the guy who likes to jump in to others conversations). Making my point does not mean missing someone else's point btw.
Your point was indeed valid, it was simply irrelevant to the conversation. As making or proving your point didn't discredit mine. The pricing is awkward, ridiculous, etc. If there were other cars in the game that were priced like that, I'd complain about them, too. So far though, the R8 LMS' are the only ones. I do like those cars, I do want to buy those cars, but the fact that we're going into a second title and they're still that expensive is frustrating. I will be buying an ultra (several of them) and will be saving the LMS for when I have 5 million credits to burn much, much later... and that's a shame. Those should be cars that people should be buying off the bat for cheap.

But you just said yourself in another post that they aren't the same, now they are somewhat? Yeah I don't care to have every car either cause I don't want to have to pay 28 USD several times to do it or cut into my studies/research grinding to get many of them. There are usually only 1-4 cars at that price I'll try to save up for and buy. However, this doesn't change the fact that others do love to collect and GT promotes the idea of doing so, thus I can see the disappointment when a more hard core older version is so expensive. Same issue I have with nitrous being so much and many prices thus far they're either too high or too low to real world not very consistent, maybe a patch will fix this.
NEAR the same, not exactly the same. I even said the Ultra was lighter faster and cheaper. I also said the pricing was stupid. My original post was if youre looking at the R8 LMS, you should just get the Ultra. Not that everyone who wants that car should skip it for the Ultra, but Id go for the premium better car! So your point snaeper is great, but I was making a light hearted joke. Perhaps that didnt come across as such on the internet :(

NEAR the same, not exactly the same. I even said the Ultra was lighter faster and cheaper. I also said the pricing was stupid. My original post was if youre looking at the R8 LMS, you should just get the Ultra. Not that everyone who wants that car should skip it for the Ultra, but Id go for the premium better car! So your point snaeper is great, but I was making a light hearted joke. Perhaps that didnt come across to you on the internet :(

Yeah I made reference to what you said, look again at what you quoted it says "now they are somewhat?" which addresses you saying near the same. Also I know, I'm not knocking you over the head, I'm just saying that there are some features people will be and should be concerned about because they are an issue and people shouldn't be quick to dismiss because they fixed a few areas that a patch couldn't.

Joke + Internet = Downfall of society :sly:

No need to post pics

1. they took out that Fiat Panda like Abarth. shame.
edit: its in the Autobianchi dealership, but its called A112 Abarth '79. Why and how is that ? ... The Fiat Abarth's are in the Abarth dealership not in Fiats' dealership. It could be called Autobianchi Abarth '79, but placed in the Abarth dealership.

2. Are all the Alpines Full Premiums or is it just the A110 1600S '72 ?

3. When the curser is moved to an empty car space. Sometimes its moved to a couple of empty places in 1 dealership, and other times its 1 empty space that it moves to. If the cursor can move in all the empty spaces available in all the dealerships then it doesn't mean anything. But, if it could only move in some spaces and not others then it could mean there are cars to yet to be filled in the empty spaces that a cursor can move on. Weather by DLC or day1 update.
BTW has any1 counted the cars yet ?

4. WoW the new Kart is 575pp WoW. Hopefully we can have them on the same track with cars.

5. I understand that some cars may seem like copies but they have different pp's, or different wheels and bodykit e.g Nissan STAGIA. But there are others that are exact copies -except for the name- so .... :banghead: :boggled: :confused: :crazy: :dopey: :dunce: :eek: :( :ill: :irked: :mad: :odd: :rolleyes: 👎 :yuck: :grumpy:

6. Some car models in some car dealerships are next to each other e.g. MX5's/Miata's. But in the Nissan dealership for example, we have some Fairladies/Z's then GTR's then its back to Z's again and finally GTR's yet again. Wish they had a Copetitive Comparison tool.

7. Hope they didn't change the sound on the Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04.

Last edited:
Did anybody seen these?
11108564785_74c9d56b70_o.jpg

11108573335_a87bfba6d1_o.jpg

11108647786_36f3b3625d_o.jpg
I saw them...
:banghead:Not happy about the fact that the El Camino is included but not a 🤬 Australian "UTE" in sight:confused:! Seriously, Ford Australia INVENTED the Ute and Ford & Holden (:bowdown:) have been making, and racing, them for about 80 years!

edit: its in the Autobianchi dealership, but its called A112 Abarth '79. Why and how is that ? ... The Fiat Abarth's are in the Abarth dealership not in Fiats' dealership. It could be called Autobianchi Abarth '79, but placed in the Abarth dealership.

3. When the curser is moved to an empty car space. Sometimes its moved to a couple of empty places in 1 dealership, and other times its 1 empty space that it moves to. If the cursor can move in all the empty spaces available in all the dealerships then it doesn't mean anything. But, if it could only move in some spaces and not others then it could mean there are cars to yet to be filled in the empty spaces that a cursor can move on. Weather by DLC or day1 update.

4. WoW the new Kart is 575pp WoW. Hopefully we can have them on the same track with cars.

5. I understand that some cars may seem like copies but they have different pp's, or different wheels and bodykit e.g Nissan STAGIA. But there are others that are exact copies -except for the name- so .... :banghead: :boggled: :confused: :crazy: :dopey: :dunce: :eek: :( :ill: :irked: :mad: :odd: :rolleyes: 👎 :yuck: :grumpy:

6. Some car models in a some car dealerships are next to each other e.g. MX5's/Miata's. Then you have in the Nissan dealership for example some Fairladies/Z's then GTR's then its back to Z's again and finally GTR's yet again. Wish they had a Copetitive Comparison tool.

In answer to 6, the cars are ordered from lowest to highest PP so yeah

6. Some car models in a some car dealerships are next to each other e.g. MX5's/Miata's. Then you have in the Nissan dealership for example has some Fairladies/Z's then GTR's then its back to Z's again and finally GTR's yet again. Wish they had a Copetitive Comparison tool.

!هدي اعصابك ي شيخ I kind of like the many different models of the MX5's & the Z's and Skyline's :rolleyes:

Ahh, good to see the R8 LMS is still ridiculously priced. I'm glad to know I can purchase the R18 Prototype for less.

Seriously, it was inexcusable for GT5, but this is just negligence.

I don't expect the finer concerns about GT5 to be addressed at all frankly. They still have PS2 era content in the game. It is sloppy but Kaz said they were basically rushing for release - and that means shooting for the moon (literally) with new content and merely copying and pasting older content where possible.

In other words the car wash guys can actually be happy to wash something.

Happy? They have a greater workload for the same pay. I am expecting that they will form a union, and strike.

Happy? They have a greater workload for the same pay. I am expecting that they will form a union, and strike.

Yeah but before they were like "what are we doing here there is nothing to clean!!!:mad:"

But I can see your point, imagine the pickett line they'll make at the track so you can't race with your chums. Oh boy this will not end well, and imagine the fights with the higher paid Tuner guys.:nervous:

Back