GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 269 comments
Alright.. before the July update a couple of this were happening. I was looking at getting an E36 Ti( I bought an Accord Euro CL9 instead). I was also getting notifications of Holdens and E36 M3s. In the end we got the E36 M3 in the update.

Well, a Hagerty review of the Accord Type R pops up today.
Not sure nosey algorithm computer nerd programming have sorted out me watching Super Touring Wagen races from 2006-2008 on YouTube, but there’s a possibility. Anyway, the Accord Type R is from 1999 and there is one in Gran Turismo 2.

Any car is a possibility in the next update. What makes the Accord CH1(I’m not dismissing the JDM CL1) a likely(even though I wished for the Accord Euro R CL7) is its the first Accord Type R(the CL1 is a Euro-R), its racing pedigree in BTCC Super Touring spec and it’d be a fully rendered Accord in the latest game(a Honda other than a Civic-with another three CTR road cars still not in GT7, Integra or NSX).

My prediction:

A classic update with 3 cars, very light.
For the cars:
  • BMW 2002 Ti or BMW 507
  • HPA Motorsports Audi TT '07
  • A japanese car, probably from Honda.

What's the probability they add more big money events? Or just increase the reward of some existing events? Have they ever done that? I've been playing since June, and I'd like to grind some other tracks than just Le Mans, Sardania and Spa...
YES!!! That would make sense...Ad more Races like that:

What's the probability they add more big money events? Or just increase the reward of some existing events? Have they ever done that? I've been playing since June, and I'd like to grind some other tracks than just Le Mans, Sardania and Spa...
They don’t need to add more big money events. They just need to look at the big money events, take an average of how much you earn for the total race time and apply that to every other event. They test with a car comparable to the AI total race time and pay out accordingly. Imagine that, choosing whatever race you want and knowing you’re earning the same for your time as Sardegna but it’s only a 5 or 10 minute race because that’s all you’ve got.

On the other hand, I agree with what your saying, like if every track had a 25 minute big payout race well I’d be fine with that too.

When the game realized the mini challenge at goodwood paid quite well. Something like $135,000 for about 5-7 minutes. It was a tough race and it was fun. I forget what it’s at now but early on they nerfed it along with others. If online private lobbies paid out better I’d be maxed out on credits.

They don’t need to add more big money events. They just need to look at the big money events, take an average of how much you earn for the total race time and apply that to every other event. They test with a car comparable to the AI total race time and pay out accordingly. Imagine that, choosing whatever race you want and knowing you’re earning the same for your time as Sardegna but it’s only a 5 or 10 minute race because that’s all you’ve got.
Exactly, but I don't know what's more likely to happen, new events or revised rewards.

People have been asking for more races like tokyo, le mans, sardegna and spa almost since release. The only new race that comes close to those 4, is road atlanta gr1 race and is still inferior by comparison.
They will likely never give us any better.

My bet? The last update mostly focused on European cars with two race cars from Asia. Maybe the next one could introduce more American/Japanese cars. I think the Corvette (C5) would especially be appropriate at this point.

As for other stuff, I assume we'll get at least one new Extra Menu, but now that McLaren has one, I wonder which motif could be next? I still think there could be the following:

Le Mans 2016 - Audi R18 '16/Toyota TS050/Porsche 919

Class One Touring Cars - Audi RS5 DTM/Lexus SC430 GT500 '08/Honda NSX GT500 '08

Mercedes-Benz - 190E Evo II/SLR McLaren/300 SL

WRC - Subaru Impreza Rally Car/Toyota Celica Rally Car/Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2

Group C - Mazda 787B/Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9/Nissan R92CP

Homologation Specials - Porsche 911 GT1 Street/Plymouth Superbird/Toyota Celica GT-Four

Cup Racers - Renault Megane Trophy/Audi TT Cup/Porsche Cayman GT4 ClubSport

We could see an Extra Menu for Lancia if it weren't for the fact that we only have two models from them, so we'd need at least one more. I'm also hoping we'll finally get at least one new mission set as well.

Last edited:
I'd go with the latter, up to a 400% increase in rewards on all race events depending on your Car Collector Level and Circuit Experience progress, much like how it is in Quick Race.

Imagine, for example, the World Touring Car 700 grind event at Le Mans was originally going to pay around Cr. 550,000 (Cr. 825,000 with clean race bonus), plus with the 400% increase, this would now be Cr. 2,200,000 (Cr. 3,300,000 with clean race bonus).

Would make earning credits four times faster than before, but you will need to have at least gotten gold in a particular track's Circuit Experience, and should also be at Car Collector Level 50, and that's no easy feat, mind you.

Last edited:
I'd go with the latter, up to a 400% increase in rewards on all race events depending on your Car Collector Level and Circuit Experience progress, much like how it is in Quick Race.

Imagine, for example, the World Touring Car 700 grind event at Le Mans was originally going to pay around Cr. 550,000 (Cr. 825,000 with clean race bonus), plus with the 400% increase, this would now be Cr. 2,200,000 (Cr. 3,300,000 with clean race bonus).

Would make earning credits four times faster than before, but you will need to have at least gotten gold in a particular track's Circuit Experience, and should also be at Car Collector Level 50, and that's no easy feat, mind you.
I think they’ll have to increase payouts eventually. I thought they would have done it after a year. Imagine telling your friend about the game and then saying oh yeah I forgot to tell you, to get a lot of the cars I’ve got… it’s gonna take you a couple years and I might not even be playing it by then. I already had a friend that got it for Christmas, he quit playing and that was a deciding factor. He said, I just don’t have the time for this grinding.

Sierra RS Cosworth is now the only old group A road car without an engine swap option, so I'm hoping it gets the V8 the Focus RS can take. Which would also make a nice swap for the Volvo 240, I know the 240 was way before Volvo under Ford ownership but would make the old brick go very nicely.

Sierra RS Cosworth is now the only old group A road car without an engine swap option, so I'm hoping it gets the V8 the Focus RS can take. Which would also make a nice swap for the Volvo 240, I know the 240 was way before Volvo under Ford ownership but would make the old brick go very nicely.
It’s what I’d have expected to see much earlier than now. Even the V6TT from the Ford GT would do me just fine.

Watch us get the old RS6 now that the final non-brid V8 has come and gone. :lol:
I would not mind to get the one with v10 we had in gt6 as premium through,

Gt7 currently have no Audi rs models or BMW m5 models witch is very odd to say the least.

I think they’ll have to increase payouts eventually. I thought they would have done it after a year. Imagine telling your friend about the game and then saying oh yeah I forgot to tell you, to get a lot of the cars I’ve got… it’s gonna take you a couple years and I might not even be playing it by then. I already had a friend that got it for Christmas, he quit playing and that was a deciding factor. He said, I just don’t have the time for this grinding.
I'll never understand the mindset of these people who seem to think the main goal of the game is acquiring a 60-year old Ferrari or whatever that they'll buy, drive once, then leave to rot in the garage (hey, that fits with most real "collectors"). Make no mistake, I think the game could be a lot better in a lot of ways, but it already is so much more than that.

I'll never understand the mindset of these people who seem to think the main goal of the game is acquiring a 60-year old Ferrari or whatever that they'll buy, drive once, then leave to rot in the garage (hey, that fits with most real "collectors"). Make no mistake, I think the game could be a lot better in a lot of ways, but it already is so much more than that.
The issue is that PD doesn’t provide any metagame incentives to drive them. There are many players out there who cannot be bothered when video game-esque reward structures are completely absent.

I would not mind to get the one with v10 we had in gt6 as premium through,

Gt7 currently have no Audi rs models or BMW m5 models which is very odd to say the least.
GT Sport only had a few sedans at that. All Atenza, Evo and WRX models, Charger, adding the two Crown models and 300 SEL were pretty much it. Gran Turismo had so many four door sedans and wagons through the series it is weird there weren’t more at the start of this game.
They’re trickling in though. We still might get the RS6 and M5 from previous GT games.

The issue is that PD doesn’t provide any metagame incentives to drive them. There are many players out there who cannot be bothered when video game-esque reward structures are completely absent.
I completely agree with that. What I find weird is not that people "aren't bothered", it's that they seem to think that grinding for those cars is still the main point of the game despite there being virtually no point to actually get them.

Last edited:
I completely agree with that. What I find weird is not that people "aren't bothered", it's that they seem to think that grinding for those cars is still the main point of the game despite there being virtually no point to actually get them.
There is no main point. It’s open to personal interpretation and different people set different objectives. The car collection screen is a long-term motivator for some. Also keep in mind that the game didn’t show game-wide completion stats before Spec II. So many turned to car collection because the Café quickly turned out to hold no real substance (unless being pushed around by a barista is your thing).

The main point of the game is actually driving the cars. Especially with all the peripherals available.
I think he meant main point in the context of long-term objectives. No doubt that driving is a central component.

Why is this even being discussed here? This is the August wishlist thread.

Last edited:
I think he meant main point in the context of long-term objectives. No doubt that driving is a central component.
I understood the post. The point was made in post #109. That's what I'm incorporating into the main objective.
We got the what six or seven(?) trailer videos of what each player can do in maybe tailoring their experience: Collecting, racing, photography, etc.
All those aspects are in the long-term experience.

It's like what's the main point of vehicle ownership? Saving up to buy a car for independence? A to B driving? Road tripping? Collecting? Racing? Car clubs?

I'm sure some players don't give a rats except to just try the game/a racing game and never play it again.

i would even be happy if they left the payouts the same if you're on Easy, but a bit more for Medium (say 25% bonus) and even more for Hard (say 50% bonus). It just seems weird to me that the payout is the same no matter what difficulty you have it on. If you race the race on Hard instead of Easy, the payout should be more. Otherwise there isn't much incentive to race on anything but Easy.

Last edited:
It just seems weird to me that the payout is the same no matter what difficulty you have it on. If you race the race on Hard instead of Easy, the payout should be more. Otherwise there isn't much incentive to race on anything but Easy.
I think you are right and I've never thought about that way of increasing payout.

But there is great incentive in not playing on easy mode when you get better with this game, otherwise there is not much challenge in winning any event. Plus some people only play online with others human players (and the payouts are extremely lame, despite it being much harder to win)

Video games in general don't want to "punish" people for playing on easy nowadays by giving them less XP/money/whatever, it's seen as an accessibility option to make sure everyone can finish games rather than an extra challenge now. That's an industry-wide change, not just a GT thing.

Back