GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 307 comments
Well.. feel free to try it on racing soft tyres too, it's even worse - it's a suspension issue.
I have no idea what you are referencing with the physics. I think its pretty close to perfect. You don’t drive a stock car on comfort tires around a turn at 100mph and expect it to not fall off. There is a realism aspect that was lacking. Regular cars in the game aren’t race cars. You can upgrade the suspension to a more race car feel and it’ll improve it but it’s not a Ferrari.

I think PD finally made the decision to make the drive more realistic and less gamey which casual players enjoy vs sim racers.

It was horrible and unrealistic before. The devs deserve a round of applause for this latest update.

I think a tweak in FFB would be nice but that might be a Fanatec issue on my end. Since they are about out of business, I don’t expect that will ever be fixed.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are referencing with the physics. I think its pretty close to perfect. You don’t drive a stock car on comfort tires around a turn at 100mph and expect it to not fall off. There is a realism aspect that was lacking. Regular cars in the game aren’t race cars. You can upgrade the suspension to a more race car feel and it’ll improve it but it’s not a Ferrari.

I think PD finally made the decision to make the drive more realistic and less gamey which casual players enjoy vs sim racers.

It was horrible and unrealistic before. The devs deserve a round of applause for this latest update.

I think a tweak in FFB would be nice but that might be a Fanatec issue on my end. Since they are about out of business, I don’t expect that will ever be fixed.
As I said, try it for yourself.
I'm not saying the tires fall off. They do the opposite actually, they just levitate off the track and you start bouncing around.

There is a fundamental issue with the physics that needs fixing, there's no two ways about it.

Last edited:
Are we expecting (anywhere in the future) another physics fix/change or is the current state something we and especially PD can live with?

As I said, try it for yourself.
I'm not saying the tires fall off. They do the opposite actually, they just levitate off the track and you start bouncing around.

There is a fundamental issue with the physics that needs fixing, there's no two ways about it.

Probably part of why the cars were shooting off into space. The patch was probably an emergency fix for that and hopefully it’ll be fully fixed in the next update.

Probably part of why the cars were shooting off into space. The patch was probably an emergency fix for that and hopefully it’ll be fully fixed in the next update.
Yeah that's what I'm expecting. I think it was a band-aid fix that has inadvertently hurt cars with softer suspenions like the Evos.

Everyone keeps posting, “physics fixes.” What would need to be fixed other than the cars leaping in the air with a very specific unrealistic car setup that was already patched.

I think the new physics is perfect. Closer to iracing and less arcade sim.
You could go into the physics thread and find out for yourself, but here's some things off the top of my head.

Grossly understeering cars. Not tire dependent. Some cars simply exhibit excessive understeer at almost any speed.

FFB issues. In some cars the FFB is almost gone, in some it's extremely over powered.

Regardless of weight, some vehicles have almost zero feedback now. Open-wheeled cars especially. Non-assisted steering should not be weightless. Some cars like the Nismo 400R (a normal PS equipped road car)have overboosted torque through the wheel, yet still very little communication.

Inconsistent traction profiles. Some vehicles lose traction despite downforce and speed. Weight transfer works well in some models, and seems to be completely backwards in others.

Wheelspin still seems to continue even after throttle is dropped in many vehicles.

Tire temps rise and fall sporadically, even with sustained wheelspin. Traction loss/grip follows this behavior leading to unpredictable handling and difficulty beyond traction limits.

Some vehicles still exhibit unrealistic suspension behavior. Bouncing, pushing back, hopping off bumpstops etc.. A set of sports/R compounds on any real street car does nothing like the behavior seen in game. Regardless, it still happens in totally stock vehicles as well.

Many vehicles, especially AWDs, are waaay to prone to oversteer on braking. Even with modulation and proper trail-braking this happens. You shouldn't have to fight a vehicles oversteer into every corner with the balance set all the way forward, or even stock. It's just not realistic at all.

There are many more inconsitencies and broken behaviors that existed before 1.49, and some have developed since. I love the game, but the fact of the matter is that some cars/layouts are simply broken and need to be sorted.

I don't "max" cars out, I keep them mostly stock, am a pretty quick driver in game and have real world track experience to call back to. I can compensate for unusual behavior and work with what I'm given, but there are cars that are now very good, and many that aren't. The 992 GT3 RS and some others are great now and amazing, rewarding things to drive, but at the expense of the Mclaren MP4/4, the SF19/23, the JGTC Castrol Supra and so many others now being lifeless and broken.

This isn't the way it should be, and adjustments need to be made.

I really don't expect much more for gt7...I was 100% sure we would get at least 5-6 km proper circuit in 2024 ( with at least 4-5 layout )....not 3 km...those who race online ..do you enjoy eiger?? it looks to me circuit to have fun( jumping, drifting in corners ) not proper racing...

I think 3 cars could be fair for august...
but what would those be...I can't even imagine 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
FFB issues. In some cars the FFB is almost gone, in some it's extremely over powered.

Regardless of weight, some vehicles have almost zero feedback now. Open-wheeled cars especially. Non-assisted steering should not be weightless. Some cars like the Nismo 400R (a normal PS equipped road car)have overboosted torque through the wheel, yet still very little communication.
The BAC Mono race was **** last week because of this. Before it was one of the best cars in the game feeling wise IMO.

I have found the non race cars oversteer a lot but probabaly more realistic than not. Your luxury Lexus isn’t holding a corner at 50 mph let alone 100 mph.

I agree the FFB is weird with some cars. I don’t know what wheel you use but with the DD Pro setting on AUTO (Fanatec Recommended now) and tweaking the in game setting yields great results. 5-1 for most GR 4/3 cars. and 8-10/1 for GR1 and the SF cars really improves the FFB. The algorithim has changed and it’s moved cheese but with some in game tweaks it is far and away better than before.

Just in regards to some feeling this may be it for GT7.
I posted this in the datamine thread this past May
Maybe so, but the remaining cars look more likely than not by what we've been getting.
  • The two 2002 models are what PD have done with BMW models.
  • The 964 turbo is highly likely as we have the RS
  • Caterham is a high possibility as well. The company have new Japanese owners for a few years now.
  • the Mazdas seem inevitable
  • the Italian cars fit with how PD been adding models from those brands
  • another Audi makes sense
  • Aston Martin is a GT "movie" car
  • I'm not sure of the DeLorean, but why not add an upgraded model?
  • the R35, Subaru and Mitsubishi would complete the models
  • Lamborghini seems a no-brainer as well

I can't see why those remaining wouldn't make it to this game with enough time on the clock for GT7
Getting the Suggested Ruf was a total surprise. Even if there's nothing this month, there are a host of really good picks to possibly come.

Probably August's update was missed because Kaz and his team is in summer vacation.
So we continue for September...

Last edited:
The BAC Mono race was **** last week because of this. Before it was one of the best cars in the game feeling wise IMO.
I double down on my previous reply, I've tried the F1500T-A mission at Spa under the rain and it's impossible with a wheel right now. I have ZERO FFB. Hope they'll fix this on the now september update.

I double down on my previous reply, I've tried the F1500T-A mission at Spa under the rain and it's impossible with a wheel right now. I have ZERO FFB. Hope they'll fix this on the now september update.
Weird, I tried the update for the this week this time. And my FFB is a lot stronger now. I am on a Logitech G-Pro

Last chance for Kaz to drop those silhouettes is today. I suppose that we don't have them this week but the next, because of the Honda TT. They just can't update physics 1 day before the time limit for this one IMO.

Last chance for Kaz to drop those silhouettes is today. I suppose that we don't have them this week but the next, because of the Honda TT. They just can't update physics 1 day before the time limit for this one IMO.
There’s no such thing as a last chance when it comes to the silhouettes. There have been some overly late examples in the past, but chances definitely aren’t getting higher with each passing day.

Last edited:
PD sometimes take a month or two to drop another content update the month after a big one, and the last update in GT7's terms was a big one. So I'm not expecting anything at all this month tbh.

Update. Not so much. Fix it stuff. Yep.

Particularly finishing the rocket car issue. Which i also believe connects to the wheel oscillation ffb issue.

maybe its a challenging issue. Maybe pd / sony need more mainstream articles written to get some hustle in their step..

Hopefully its the former, as the latter is just sad.

Watching some various car videos and the Ioniq N pops up next. We might see some Hyundai content. Not too sure about the ongoing Pikes Peak speculations/hopelessness/hoping/wonderings/PDsilence all that. However, with Genesis getting some more love, maybe the Korean brand joins in with its new vehicles this time.

Far as I am aware there is.
Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I think it's an almost safe bet that nothing's arriving this week. Can't say I'm surprised. Usually with PD, if they give a larger update one month, the wait is longer for the next one.
As we received 6 cars and a new track (nearly unheard of if you take away the Spec II update last November), July's was an enormous update.

Last edited:
I think it's an almost safe bet that nothing's arriving this week. Can't say I'm surprised. Usually with PD, if they give a larger update one month, the wait is longer for the next one.
As we received 6 cars and a new track (nearly unheard of if you take away the Spec II update last November), July's was an enormous update.
I would accept this if we also got an update in June. They skipped june for July, and they're also skipping August because of July's update? The last large update we got (spec 2) we also received another small update the following month. I was hoping for similar this month.

Latest Posts

Back