GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 307 comments
I would accept this if we also got an update in June. They skipped june for July, and they're also skipping August because of July's update? The last large update we got (spec 2) we also received another small update the following month. I was hoping for similar this month.

Perhaps it's the start of more infrequent updates? Maybe an update every other month but with more cars and features? I actually wouldn't mind that.

Perhaps it's the start of more infrequent updates? Maybe an update every other month but with more cars and features? I actually wouldn't mind that.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if there's a Spec III update in November and little, if anything, before that.

PS5 Pro reveal is imminent and you'd assume GT7 will be one of the featured titles. While a tech update can be delivered separately from regular monthly updates. For a bigger splash it would make sense to bundle those together for Spec III on PS5 Pro's release.

I agree about that, i would rather have one big update every 2 months than 2 small ones at the same time.

Looks like we're waiting another month, unless we get an odd early-September patch, which then causes there to be no end of September patch. There's always the possibility of a really late reveal, though!

2cb735d4-c414-4203-9b49-5dd15c4db525.png

Never sure! As Admiester has said before, content is viewable - but not dates. I hope they add to what's there if this isn't due for August.
I was hoping that your awareness came from something time-specific (e.g. a new special event for next week challenges being a one-make centered around the newly added car as was the case for the V40).
Oh well, 917K is back in LCD, guess I have a reason to play then...

Looks like we're waiting another month, unless we get an odd early-September patch, which then causes there to be no end of September patch. There's always the possibility of a really late reveal, though!

View attachment 1384558
The Gran Turismo website is currently under maintenance. I know that because I just went on it and it said "Under Maintenance"
That means that there could definitely be an update, I think.

I’m missing something. Says servers are operating normally. Been refreshing the past couple minutes.
IMG_5143.jpeg

IMG_5144.png

Guess I'll pursue my quest for the best settings on FF cars for another month.
I'm cool with no update, considering what the rumors say, if there's only a selection of cars which are probably dupes let's wait another month for - I hope - more additions to the game.

The update would be released tomorrow if they followed their usual schedule. If there is no maintenance notice by now, there won't be one.
There might be a maintenance notice in the coming hours, but there might not be. I'm saying this because last time there was an update, they didn't send a maintenance notice until later that day. Still, you never know. They might be keeping the whole thing secret until tomorrow arrives.

The annoying thing if that happens, witch is very likely, is they also skipped june update to give us a bigger one in july (witch come to think of it wasnt that big at all). So in 3 months we had only 1 update

We’re not entitled to monthly updates though.

Some expectation management would do wonders I think.

But I’m admittedly also always a bit bummed out when a month ends without an update.

GT7 is my favorite thing after all.

No server mainterance, so pretty safe to say no update this month, i would even prefer to get a bigger update once in 2 months than 2 small ones.

I dont think it would be suprice if pd focus on a bigger update for the ps5 pro patch,
Maybe a reveal of whats to come on Tokyo gameshow,

At this point there is also a chance pd has a bigger amount of their stuff to also focus on gt8.

No server mainterance, so pretty safe to say no update this month, i would even prefer to get a bigger update once in 2 months than 2 small ones.

I dont think it would be suprice if pd focus on a bigger update for the ps5 pro patch,
Maybe a reveal of whats to come on Tokyo gameshow,

At this point there is also a chance pd has a bigger amount of their stuff to also focus on gt8.
Like I said, either they left the maintenance notice thing until later on today or they want to keep the whole thing secret until tomorrow arrives. You never know.

The ship for this week at least has sailed.

No maintenance notice = no update.

September update prediction thread who?
There have been (maintenance) updates with less than 12 hours notice. That said, if there's nothing on either the Playstation blog or the Gran Turismo site by 11 am (CDT), this month's maintenance update (which came with less than 12 hours notice) was the August update.

Last edited:
There have been (maintenance) updates with less than 12 hours notice. That said, if there's nothing on either the Playstation blog or the Gran Turismo site by 11 am (CDT), this month's maintenance update (which came with less than 12 hours notice) was the August update.
Keep those fingers crossed!

We’re not entitled to monthly updates though.

Some expectation management would do wonders I think.

But I’m admittedly also always a bit bummed out when a month ends without an update.

GT7 is my favorite thing after all.
One thing is to ocasionally skip a month after many months in a row of updates. Not great but we are understanding. Another is to skip 2 updates in the space of 3 months. And I remember reading something from PD about gt7 entering a phase of its life where they would skip months less often.

One thing is to ocasionally skip a month after many months in a row of updates. Not great but we are understanding. Another is to skip 2 updates in the space of 3 months. And I remember reading something from PD about gt7 entering a phase of its life where they would skip months less often.

Again. We are not entitled to updates let alone monthly updates.

Get it out of your system.

Just be happy whenever something drops. It’s much healthier.

Back