GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,657 comments
Those of you who have fast QTs in the Huracan at B this week - what brake balance are you using? I've found plusses and minuses using just about any of the variations, and I'm still not sure what's the best.

And I swear, if it eventually comes out that brake balance is just a placebo, I'm gonna be mighty unhappy. 🤬

Thanks!
I used abs week on bb +3. Took a while to get used to because I usually drive the macca.

Yes, race B bevahiour is bad. But it isn't THAT bad.

I just went racing on my son's account to get his SR up a bit. So I started without a QT in C/B lobbies, expecting the worst. But... I just couldn't restrain myself to staying behind the pack, which I had intended beforehand.
Analyzing the replays afterwards, I saw two revenge punts in three races, but most of the bad stuff was just unintentional bad driving, missing braking points, taking awkward lines etc.
And... I actually managed to get the DR up from low B to A. In the second race I started from P14, fell to P15 by avoiding a clumsy divebomb, but finished the race in P4, only two seconds behind the winner (I would have needed ONE more lap, damn😆). And, surprise: earned a CRB by staying patient and going only for the most obvious opportunities. So, it is a bit tricky, but possible.

I'll take that as, let's say, research. Now it's my son's turn again.

In case anyone was wondering!

..If you happen to yoke the car in the beginning of the pit lane entry…its not worth slamming it into reverse and gunning it towards the cut scene line ….however, if you do thread the needle without hitting a wall it was surprising to see that no penalties were given..I just got chucked back on the track…. ^^

We all use that excuse ;) mine is a 10 year old dance obsessed girl 🤣

It's not that bad now people have calmed down a bit but it's still a bit "spicy" with the late braking and early apex huggers...
Well, mine is a 17 year old dude who will soon be driving my real car 😬. He plays several racing games on his computer, but so far I couldn't really get him excited for GT7. Because of the bad driving of other people. Is GT7 really that much dirtier than other online racing games?

Is GT7 really that much dirtier than other online racing games?
No, sadly that's just online console racing and the barrier for entry of the slightly better stuff requires quite good driving knowledge and awareness that a 17 won't have.

Its just probably the largest mixing pot of people who are or aren't as invested in a good drive as we are.

Edit:

Why the hell do people pause to say sorry in the middle of a corner. So they gave some one a bad day and then ruin everyone behind with their auto driving slow tank grrrrr.

Wait for a straight or better yet wait till the end of the race. And breathe just breathe Glen

Last edited:
No, sadly that's just online console racing and the barrier for entry of the slightly better stuff requires quite good driving knowledge and awareness that a 17 won't have.

Its just probably the largest mixing pot of people who are or aren't as invested in a good drive as we are.

Edit:

Why the hell do people pause to say sorry in the middle of a corner. So they gave some one a bad day and then ruin everyone behind with their auto driving slow tank grrrrr.

Wait for a straight or better yet wait till the end of the race. And breathe just breathe Glen
Yes. Just breathe...😆

Took Kie's and Tidgney's advice and set ABS to "weak". Here is what (didn't) happen:

• I didn't lock up, spin or have any troubles with the car (Huracan) like I expected to.
  • On the 2nd lap I already improved my time
  • I was able to keep that new time consistent for the entire stint of 12 laps bar a few penalty rounds.
  • Within 10 laps I improved by 0,6 seconds. That's HUGE for me, this late in the week
  • I probably overqualified again, but we'll see where this time takes me.
  • I'm now in the 1:39,'s. Never been there before.

Main take away: ABS on weak is a massive boon!

Cheers,

Seth

Last edited:
Be careful with weak ABS generally. If you are good smooth on the brakes it's a bit of a boost but it's negligible in reality.

If you aggressively trail brake it can help but you lose a bit of speed reduction as it's letting the wheels turn more at the expense of stopping quicker.

Find a preference and learn it is my advice on these things there are no silver bullets and we are talking top split A drivers who can feel the difference. Most of us can't and if we do we aren't in the top lobbies and it's probably not our braking finesse holding us back....

Edit:

Seth you did 12 laps and had penalties, this late in the week is it possible you just improved lines and corners (not consistency 😝, apparently)

This is what you really need to be careful with, I would go as far as to say track knowledge was worth more than ABS setting. You know the track better, anticipating the corners better with better lines is where you are seeing improvement over a brake setting which is geared more to brake modulation which you can do with ABS default it's just a small change in the tolerance of when it triggers.

Last edited:
Be careful with weak ABS generally. If you are good smooth on the brakes it's a bit of a boost but it's negligible in reality.

If you aggressively trail brake it can help but you lose a bit of speed reduction as it's letting the wheels turn more at the expense of stopping quicker.

Find a preference and learn it is my advice on these things there are no silver bullets and we are talking top split A drivers who can feel the difference. Most of us can't and if we do we aren't in the top lobbies and it's probably not our braking finesse holding us back....

Edit:

Seth you did 12 laps and had penalties, this late in the week is it possible you just improved lines and corners (not consistency 😝, apparently)

This is what you really need to be careful with, I would go as far as to say track knowledge was worth more than ABS setting. You know the track better, anticipating the corners better with better lines is where you are seeing improvement over a brake setting which is geared more to brake modulation which you can do with ABS default it's just a small change in the tolerance of when it triggers.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the stuff you mentioned is in there too, I already felt a drop below the 40's was in the cards, but not by this much: 1:39,680 is a very good time for me a.t.m. just shy of 2% of the fastest driver. For reference; I'm happy if I get within 3% and for some tracks I hope for a bit more, like Interlagos. I wouldn't know if it doesn't make a difference, but it didn't hurt.

Nof for the interesting part: what did it bring me in the race?

Luckily NOT the overqualifying I dredded, but 3 out of 4 races where half filled with the B scum of the game without exception B/C rated drivers. Pushing, bumping all manners of filth. Needles to say starting P4 / P5 / P4 doesn't help in those situations when intent is just to be bad. The first race was the worst. Maybe I'll upload the replay; even the 3 drivers in front (all DR B SR B/C) were kicking and screaming from R1 T2!

Still managed to keep P8 /P6 / P7 despite them (why does the game give ME a penalty when I get pushed of track?)

But the best race was the 2nd one: ALL C/S lobby, clean as a whistle from top to bottom. Everyone enjoyed that race, that race is why I play this game. My best race too: P2.

I'm SOOO close to B again, maybe I'll have a chance to race tomorrow and get back in there. From what I knew from GT Sport you make a big jump between levels.

I really want to start driving the cleaner, more aware B lobbies again.

Cheers,

Seth

Edit:

I agree with you on this one.

ABS Weak is the latest and probably final tweak I've made to my configuration as far as controller settings go. That's after dedicating myself to improving every aspect of my racing since the day GT Sport launched

I'm by no means anything near to alien standard, but considering that my track knowledge and general car control have reached a standard that I'm more than happy with, it just gave me that tiny bit extra (also, fine tuning my brake technique was very much on my to-do list, and changing the ABS setting took me over the line in that regard).

I agree with you on this one.
Omg 😝🤣

just shy of 2% of the fastest driver. For reference; I'm happy if I get within 3%
For reference my target is .5 of the top 100

And I usually land about 600 on weeks I try hard.

So our pace differs a bit but the technique holds true.

I use default ABS and either 0 BB or Minus 2 If I remember.

Just completed my first attempt at QT for daily B, been busy all week, seems the Huracán is quick again this week, what is it like in the race?
I always use ABS weak and ran BB -5

@Leon Kowalski matched your time exactly.

18ff9c42a1648-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gave Interlagos Race B another shot with the NSX (1:39.910 QT), determined to rock out with my elbows out.

Race 1: Started P4. Solo spin on Lap 2 dropped me down to P16 (last). Finished P12.

Race 2: Started P2. Dropped two places to faster drivers by the third lap, but managed to keep them within reach, when their last lap fighting led to a penalty for one of them, gifting me a P3 podium at the last second.

Race 3: Started P3. Lead Corvete collected a penalty early on. The Huracan that inherited the lead was very quick and walking away from me, but I managed to keep them within a sniff, grabbing a P2 podium.

Race 4: Started P7. Couldn't avoid contact with an Aston that people were shoving around, and lost a bunch of places. Finished P14.

Race 5: Started P4. An innocent Corvette paid for my lack of proper judgement when braking for Turn 4 on Lap 1, and I collected a deserved 3.0 second penalty. "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!*" Finished P10.

Race 6: Started P4. Got passed early on, but stayed close, and was able to take advantage of fighting and penalties for another P2 podium.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

e1ed1ec7c8a7bd20efe9184097934da2.gif

Last edited:
12 races at Interlagos today (so far, it’s still early here in S.F.), started out pretty bad but worked my way up to a win on my alternate being. The aggression was pretty heavy early on but the latter races were a lot of fun.
I got some driving techniques figured out during qualifying which transferred to races but after so many races, it’s very hard to change things like driving lines and shift point without making mistakes and lapsing back to the old routines.
One problem I have is when I increase my speed in a section, it may throw off the next section.
IMG_3359.jpeg

Hey y'all. I have not even had a chance to post a message here I've been so busy the past 2 weeks. I'm about to lose it, I'm under so much stress now. I had an unexpected ER visit last Tuesday at almost 4pm. There was a blood vessel that ruptured on my leg the previous night, it was located on my left ankle. I had a doctor appointment and the doctor looked at it. It was so bad that she called the paramedics to come get me and transport me to Duke Hospital. I had a 7 day stay there, I was in the North part of it. Let me tell you the nurses are excellent. They brought me whatever I needed, snacks, water, and supplies. They are awesome, the whole hospital is too. They even have a cafeteria at the lower part of it.

They had to give me anitbiotics, iron supplements, calcium, folic acid and Vitamin D. I was discharged Tuesday night around 7:30pm. I am so glad to be home. I will try some daily races at Interlagos and DRC, tomorrow. I gotta make some time. Thank you all for your support as I have very little from my family, it's a shame and disgrace to have some narcisstic grandparents who are selfish.

So how have the daily races been this week?

Hey y'all. I have not even had a chance to post a message here I've been so busy the past 2 weeks. I'm about to lose it, I'm under so much stress now. I had an unexpected ER visit last Tuesday at almost 4pm. There was a blood vessel that ruptured on my leg the previous night, it was located on my left ankle. I had a doctor appointment and the doctor looked at it. It was so bad that she called the paramedics to come get me and transport me to Duke Hospital. I had a 7 day stay there, I was in the North part of it. Let me tell you the nurses are excellent. They brought me whatever I needed, snacks, water, and supplies. They are awesome, the whole hospital is too. They even have a cafeteria at the lower part of it.

They had to give me anitbiotics, iron supplements, calcium, folic acid and Vitamin D. I was discharged Tuesday night around 7:30pm. I am so glad to be home. I will try some daily races at Interlagos and DRC, tomorrow. I gotta make some time. Thank you all for your support as I have very little from my family, it's a shame and disgrace to have some narcisstic grandparents who are selfish.

Sorry to hear but glad you are on the road to recovery! 20 years ago I had an almost 2-month stay in the ICU, so I know it sucks but the important thing is that you're moving forward mate! Keep your head in the game, recovery (if it limits you from "normal" things before it happened) can be just as annoying so focus on the result and it will happen!

As for the racing, started bumpy with Monday + Tuesday being a nightmare (killed to death at T1 on Lap 1 a few times) but people settled down and been having some very exciting racing with good results. Good luck, sir!

So, I’ve done my usual thing of getting up at 5am and enjoying some wins with decent lobbies until the nut jobs wake up, actually one nut job actually helped me win, we were racing very closely for 3 laps, built a big lead behind us, then out of the blue he rams me, and the slender half second lead I had turned into 6 secs! Silver lining and all that!

That’s 4 wins in 6 this morning

Will have a few more this afternoon before putting a close to the weeks racing.

Attachments

• IMG_3490.png
    IMG_3490.png
    76 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I did my first race at DRC and it wasn't too bad, finished in 7th out of a 10 player grid. I'm gonna do some more races in a little bit. I feel like I'm in heaven eating what I want. I'm a chocolate fanatic.

So, what was your best races this week? And how did it affect your ratings. Negative or positive.

Last edited:
I'm answering this first, because it explains the next question/answer. I suck at Interlagos - always have. I've ran a ton of Q laps, but no races. Which explains why I haven't been very active on the forum this week. That, plus I've been working on a small programming project that's kept me busy...
Did you guys read my post yet
... which explains why I haven't seen your post until this morning.
I had an unexpected ER visit last Tuesday at almost 4pm.
Holy crap! How scary is that?!? And with you caring for your mother, that must have been pretty stressful, and of course painful. So sorry you had to go through that.
I am back full fledge 100%. :)
That's the best news! Modern medicine and health care are pretty amazing, even though we like to complain about "the system" all the time. Doctors and Nurses are the best!

Yes, Duke has excellent service, they care for all patients of all ages. And there are TV's in there where you can watch cable channels. I wish I could have played gt7 there, the daily races, xD. They don't have computers and Playstation's in there. But the week went by pretty fast. I pigged slam out in there. One night i ate 6 (4-oz) cups of ice cream, it was vanilla.

I really suck at Interlago's too, got a time in the 1'42.000's. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back