GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,650 comments
Not to shabby for my first 3 laps of the week, got the CRB at least. Gonna try one or two more I think, as long as the racing stays clean.

IMG_6593.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

In between errands, I’ve managed 2 races on my EMEA account, and one on my main. These rain races are sweat fest’s for sure. Good race for DR, but I think I might end on a high note today. Maybe hit Oceanic later tonight when their players come on the servers

IMG_4621.jpeg

IMG_4620.jpeg

Got a wet race yesterday, and the IMs were just about coping - there was just a very small bar above the top line.

I did see somebody pit to change from wets to IMs and, bizarrely, somebody pitted with IMs and came out again on IMs!
So in my hilariously bad first race C last night, I spun on the last lap because my IMs were all red on the left rear (and got lapped by the leader as a result!).

So maybe they used up their IMs but thought it was too wet to go to slicks? In my race, the track was still wet enough on the last lap that had I pitted I probably would have put on IMs again.

IMG_3250.jpeg

Finally, a win!!!
I spent the day searching for a car and ended up with what I started with, a Huracan. I worked on getting my QT down (yes, I read that right here from you all). I ended up winning two in a row from pole.
As a side note, ‘ol’ Betsie was what my dad called our ‘64 Ford FairLane.

Last edited:
I've been having fun this week! I'm still not 100% on where to put the car in the rain but this shows how much more grip there is in some corners if you can avoid the rubbered in racing line.

That was an incredible race you had last night!

Did you go for wet tyres? I tried IMs then changed again to wets, crashed in pit lane, then wheel bug on exiting the pits - then just drove poorly the rest of the race.

That was an incredible race you had last night!

Did you go for wet tyres? I tried IMs then changed again to wets, crashed in pit lane, then wheel bug on exiting the pits - then just drove poorly the rest of the race.
That sounds like a frustrating experience 😬

That was a great race with JoJo and Hapi, hard fighting but proper respect. I always use IM, the wets feel strange as though they have no air in them, you can't push when you have no confidence in the tyre like that.

That sounds like a frustrating experience 😬

That was a great race with JoJo and Hapi, hard fighting but proper respect. I always use IM, the wets feel strange as though they have no air in them, you can't push when you have no confidence in the tyre like that.
Good info, thanks. I definitely need to improve my driving on a very wet track 👍

Edit/ oh bugger - racing on my Alt account..
Screenshot_20240606-113903.png

That moment you realize you have no wet weather tyres of any kind. Still, finished 5th.... of the 5 remaining cars 🤣

Last edited:
I'm going away for the rest of the week, quite gutted to leave the MX5 event permanently this afternoon.

The worst part of the story is that during my quali attempts I mustered a very attainable 2.04.9 optimal but for the life of me, every time I was on course to match it, I took a track limit penalty at the bus stop. Every. Damn. Time.

A short week came at a bad time for me, I would've loved to try a rainy Fuji, but only having until Thursday morning to race I reasoned that 3 Race A's was a more entertaining use of my time than 1 Race C.

Last edited:
I just had my career strongest race. @Barney Da Dog was in my race, but with American flag(?). Was it you? I said hi to him at the start and he said hi back, which I thought was funny because I am sure that he has no idea who I am (I go by name 'Boy' in the game).

The first 5 laps were scrappy and I loved it. Loads of contacts, but all very respectable. Really enjoyed scrappy contacts with like-minded clean folks. I unfortunately got rare penalty, a 2 sec one, for hitting someone from behind just after they hit another guy from behind as well (luckily no one suffered though). Usually this penalty does not matter in a long race but as the race progressed, this 2 sec penalty ended up costing me 2 positions.

The rain arrived at 7th lap (only 2nd wet race out of 8 races, damn it). I could tell that it was gonna be 2/3 wet bar till the end of the race but I opted for IM because I felt that my W pace was too slow due to poor grip in the last wet race here which was also a constant 2/3 wet bar race. This is a sharp contrast from the wet Spa where W was 2 sec faster than IM at 2/3 wet bar at my skill level. Turned out that IM was faster here than W at 2/3 wet bar but I can't really pinpoint how much faster.

I kept following non-racing line, started overtaking folks one by one, cutting down the gap to the leader (who was A+!) from 36 sec to 8 sec in the span from 7th lap to the end.

On the way, I was excited to start closing the gap on Barney Da Dog's McLaren.
1717679358171.png

But unfortunately he spun there and I went ahead without any duel. My dream of dueling with an A+ person remains a dream for now.

This is where my 2 sec penalty hurt me. This is the finish line. I clearly had the pace not only to catch up with them but also easily overtake them in any of the long braking zone regardless of which line they would pick to brake on.
1717679394797.png

I am getting really impressed with my Alfa Romeo 4C Gr3. In the dry, I constantly get purple first sector by 0.05 sec even with A+ folks present, across multiple races. The good top speed combined with phenomenal brakes allow me to catch up with folks ahead at the end of long straights. I am losing time to others pretty much just on 100R. Either I don't really know how to take that turn properly (it is too hard on controller to precisely keep steering in a specific direction) or my Alfa Romeo just doesn't do well on medium-speed corners.

With a pace to finish only 10th in the dry, I finished 4th! There was surprisingly a lot of quitters but everyone of them quit while behind me so I did not get any free position, so I am proud of my 4th. :D

Last edited:
I was NOT expecting such a late-night treat this evening! After such a nice race in the afternoon on my 2nd account, I was expecting a return to normality i.e. being hit and rammed from Brasil to Australia as soon as I logged in the main account.

I was wrong, and I am very happy about it! 😊

I jumped into a race and with 6 minutes to kill, I tried to improve on my 1:39:260 time and wouldn't you know it, I almost broke into the 1:38's by setting a new PB of 1:39:0 🥳

The race started and initially, I wasn't happy! Setting that time only to start in P9 with everyone being extremely fast! However, even though I lost a position early (dude would finish in P3 after starting in P10) I kept my calm and continued on...

As things started looking good, I had to also hold my nerves lol and thankfully, I did. Crossed the line literally neck and neck with P5 in front to grab a very satisfying P6 before heading to bed! 🥳

Gnite 😊

View attachment 1362003 View attachment 1362004

View attachment 1362005 View attachment 1362006

It’s very interesting for me to watch the A lobby races. Your QT and average race lap time are both 2 seconds faster than mine but your gear selection and line are similar to mine. The difference seems to be braking and I’m a little later on some corners.
In the lower (“C”) lobby, qualifying high is imperative because of the shenanigans occuring in position 5-16. As the lobbies began to get crowded yesterday, my starting position dropped with each successive race for about 2 hours and then all of a sudden my same QT was at the top of the grid which means less of a chance at getting wrecked. It looks like your races are much cleaner in the middle of the pack and everyone seems to be consistently faster. My 2 wins yesterday weren’t because I drove any faster, my average lap times were almost identical all day, it looks like it was solely based on my starting position in the group I was thrown into.

Last edited:
I just had my career strongest race. @Barney Da Dog was in my race, but with American flag(?). Was it you? I said hi to him at the start and he said hi back, which I thought was funny because I am sure that he has no idea who I am (I go by name 'Boy' in the game).

, so I am proud of my 4th. :D
Ah - good to meet you! Yeah I just assumed you were someone I had raced before 👍

Well done on 4th👍👍

I am terrible in the rain! 🤣

It’s very interesting for me to watch the A lobby races. Your QT and average race lap time are both 2 seconds faster than mine but your gear selection and line are similar to mine. The difference seems to be braking and I’m a little later on some corners.
In the lower (“C”) lobby, qualifying high is imperative because of the shenanigans occuring in position 5-16. As the lobbies began to get crowded yesterday, my starting position dropped with each successive race for about 2 hours and then all of a sudden my same QT was at the top of the grid which means less of a chance at getting wrecked. It looks like your races are much cleaner in the middle of the pack and everyone seems to be consistently faster. My 2 wins yesterday weren’t because I drove any faster, my average lap times were almost identical all day, it looks like it was solely based on my starting position in the group I was thrown into.
Unless the corner is a hairpin i.e. you naturally have to slow down to almost a halt to turn, it loses you time (your speed is drastically lower than it needs to be) when you are braking harder and later, as opposed to a bit earlier but trail-braking. Interlagos doesn't have particularly extreme braking points, so try out what I suggested :) Btw, I am no pro!

As for me, I feel that the load cell is what I am missing to really find my ultimate pace as by default, GT7 takes the depth of braking (how much you actually depress the pedal) rather than real life i.e. the pressure placed on the pedal itself. The load cell solves this and I think I have (on average) around 0.4 - 0.7s to gain once it eventually is on my rig :)

Good luck mate and well done on the wins!

In the lower (“C”) lobby, qualifying high is imperative because of the shenanigans occuring in position 5-16... it looks like it was solely based on my starting position in the group I was thrown into.

This is so true. I have a slow start most of the time so I calculate 1-2 overtakes in R1. That means I prefer a P2 to P4 maybe 5 and rather spend time improving my QT than racing. The downside to this is that during the week I tend to overqualify at some point and can't realistically do the times in race. That's when even this methode shows its limitations.

Last edited:
Wow just saw the updated timings for Interlagos - Well friggin done @kowalski__1 @newmedia_dev @Nebuc72 and anyone else who might have pooped on my current PB 😂

Just did my first race, fairly clean and went well after having to overtake and defend a bit (got hit T1 at the start and dropped to P5)

1717691375208.jpeg
1717691393902.jpeg

Top 2 would have been unreachable even if I started behind them without incident... Blisteringly quick drivers 😅

1717691442282.jpeg

I'm so glad people are finding fun this week, as much as I moan I do realise that them not being my choice is down to me :)

Tired after the expo today, tried the new TT and know a gold is doable, did 6 or 7 laps to improve my QT for B but after 4 hours of driving today, and a 5am start I'm not sharp at all :(

I'm so glad people are finding fun this week, as much as I moan I do realise that them not being my choice is down to me :)

Tired after the expo today, tried the new TT and know a gold is doable, did 6 or 7 laps to improve my QT for B but after 4 hours of driving today, and a 5am start I'm not sharp at all :(
I enjoy Race C. I hate Race C.

Dry is fine, mildly wet is fine, but 20 laps of heavy rain is tortuous. It wouldn't be so bad if I was any good in the rain - is the 650 worse in the wet than the 911 or 458?

I'm very pleased there's no tuning - I can grab 4 or 5 different cars and get a very similar lap time. Also seems to be a bit more variety in the top leader-boards, so maybe BOP is good? Or is it just the tracks this week causing it 🤔

Last edited:
Going to keep it brief, because holy crap, man. I like Interlagos. I like racing against people. Today, racing against people at Interlagos was a goddamn nightmare.

I got my QT down to 1:39.910, and did 6 races. Best start was P4 (worst was P11). Best finish was P10 (worst was P14). Yeah.

I have no idea how I still have a B/S rating, when every race was like this:

Going to keep it brief, because holy crap, man. I like Interlagos. I like racing against people. Today, racing against people at Interlagos was a goddamn nightmare.

I got my QT down to 1:39.910, and did 6 races. Best start was P4 (worst was P11). Best finish was P10 (worst was P14). Yeah.

I have no idea how I still have a B/S rating, when every race was like this:

And that is why I'm not "racing" this week.

For some reason certain tracks just create this sort of racing behaviour and interlagos is one of them. Even the streamers are finding the lobbies a bit crazy in terms of race etiquette etc

Yay, I got second wet Fuji in a row. I was the only DR-B driver in this A & A+ lobby. I was surprised to be almost competitive at dry pace. Once the rain came, I was comfortably as fast as A folks. The rain was again 2/3 bar from 8th lap till the end.

I was stuck behind this orange AMG for a number of laps and was wasting my time by constantly braking earlier as I did not feel confident about out-braking inside of him especially after seeing that he had been hit many times in the starting laps and he had gotten frustrated enough to take revenge on one of them. But this gave me opportunity to have fun by perfectly timing my braking at many turns such that I was almost kissing his bumper every time, and I kept doing it for multiple laps. It also hopefully signaled to him that I can do close racing cleanly, even in rain. Once he went a bit wide at the Netz corner, I went past easily.
3gEAX3l.jpg

I was happy to constantly pull gap over him. But over the final five laps, he unfortunately learnt what lines I was using to pull gaps over him, and he started following the same lines. Look, I appreciate learning from each other but can you please apply your learning from the next race onwards instead of right away, please? :D

Soon enough he was close enough to me that I had no choice but to increase the risk factor by pushing brake points a bit further to maintain the gap until it finally did not work at the final lap's Dunlop corner and he barely breezed past me.
HOcjyCS.jpeg

The finish line. With this and due to a few quitters, I am now at officially highest DR ever, 90% DR-B. But I am totally expecting it to sharply fall in future events and I am still not expecting to be DR-A any time soon.
1717710115122.png

Last edited:
I've been having fun on daily B this week. I have a 1:39.289 QT which places me about p5 at the start (I'm low low low B/S). I'm making too many mistakes and people are aggressive on this one but still good racing nonetheless. Daily A is fun too, but too short, and Fuji should be good because it's a longer race, but I just can't resist to the door to door (sometimes front to rear) racing.

Last edited:
Back