GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,658 comments
I like to torture myself by looking at my global QT ranking, my times keep improving but my ranking keeps getting worse which means you all are improving at a greater rate… until I hit a 1:40 yesterday, that put me from top ~31,000 to top 17,000 😵‍💫

The incremental improvements in my driving sometimes get lost because they are in the .0xx seconds but they add up. I’m flirting with B lobbies now which usually means I go from starting top 3 on the grid in C, to bottom 3 on a B grid which gets a little frustrating at times.

I had some friends over last night and I fired up the GT and put them at Daytona vs AI. I hadn’t raced against AI since I started Sport Daily races in March. Racing live bodies is so much more difficult, I don’t think that racing vs AI would have sustained my interest for very long.

Is anyone doing any of the iRacing ?

Last edited:
Well that’s my Sunday done! Another 6 races at BS on the alt account, seriously good close clean racing, starting 6-9 and making up 4-6 positions each race in the G70 at interlagos, culminating in a win for me on the last outing, last corner I sent it and it stuck, why is it always on a Sunday the racing comes alive! A weeks worth of track practice maybe?

Am I right to be annoyed here? I started in P16 as almost everyone was sub 1:38:7's in the lobby?! With me at a high 1:38:9 🤐

I made some legit overtakes and finished Lap 2 in P12, but was overtaken cleanly and dropped to P13 as we exited T1 next lap. And then...

2 places ahead, he goes extremely wide after Sector 1, car ahead goes through and I'm on the outside of the car in trouble, about to pass as we are about to brake to turn. He just squeezes me out (keep in mind he has dirty tires and a penalty to serve for going wide) and the slightest contact sends my rear left on the slippery green stuff and I spin out...

Crappy sportsmanship in my opinion. Am I right to be annoyed at his rejoin and actions, or was he entitled to do so?

Am I right to be annoyed here? I started in P16 as almost everyone was sub 1:38:7's in the lobby?! With me at a high 1:38:9 🤐

I made some legit overtakes and finished Lap 2 in P12, but was overtaken cleanly and dropped to P13 as we exited T1 next lap. And then...

2 places ahead, he goes extremely wide after Sector 1, car ahead goes through and I'm on the outside of the car in trouble, about to pass as we are about to brake to turn. He just squeezes me out (keep in mind he has dirty tires and a penalty to serve for going wide) and the slightest contact sends my rear left on the slippery green stuff and I spin out...

Crappy sportsmanship in my opinion. Am I right to be annoyed at his rejoin and actions, or was he entitled to do so?

I’d have been pi***d, he left no room but not quite sure what happened to you though, you all sorts of out of shape by that small dink 😁

I always go back and review incidents like that from the offender's cockpit

I dunno that doesn't look that bad just him moving back to the racing line.

I'd say annoying and frustration yes. Racing incident though just unlucky to make such small contact :(
I expected something similar from you, being a communist and all... 😂 😋

I’d have been pi***d, he left no room but not quite sure what happened to you though, you all sorts of out of shape by that small dink 😁
I just felt a bump on the wheel and next thing, I had zero control and was super surprised when the car attempted to inspire Gymkana 8 all on it's own! 😂

I expected something similar from you, being a communist and all... 😂 😋
IMG_0489.jpeg

I did my first race at DRC and it wasn't too bad, finished in 7th out of a 10 player grid. I'm gonna do some more races in a little bit. I feel like I'm in heaven eating what I want. I'm a chocolate fanatic.

So, what was your best races this week? And how did it affect your ratings. Negative or positive.
Outside of QTs, I've only participated in Interlagos Race B in the NSX Gr.4.

In 2 days, I did 12 races. My QT dropped from a 1:41.154 to a 1:39.910. Only 5 of my races had me finishing P10 or higher (two P10s, one P3, two P2s).

Day 1 (Thursday): 6 races. Best start was P4 (worst was P11). Best finish was P10 (worst was P14). Had a P10 finish or higher in only 1 race. Demoralizing.

Day 2 (Saturday): 6 races. Best start was P2 (worst was P7). Best finish was P2 (worst was P14). Had a P10 finish or higher in 4 races, with 3 podiums. Pretty good, if you don't count that time I outbraked myself into a Corvette in Race 5!

I started and ended my week barely holding on to a B/S rating, which is a miracle, considering how poorly my first day went.

full

This past week I spent it in Race A as this MX5 event was a blast. It would have been better at 5 laps as it was over before you knew it. There was some rubbing but all in all a clean event. At least for me it was. I finished anywhere from 4th to 1st. The match making was pretty much spot on. Creating close races. While I was in the Q waiting for my last race to finish the count down, I turned my best Q time. I'm a mid-high rank C and when I see who is in the race, all i see is rank B's. Q video.

Well, I need to be getting geared up for next week.

I'm gonna do several more races at Interlagos and maybe fit a couple more DRC races in but that will have to be it. I'm disappointed that I couldn't do more this week, but my health had to come first. So, how are you guys gonna prepare for next week. I have some tricks and strategies up my sleeve.

@Jflijohn lol, it looks like there was a crash there.

Only 6 laps at Le Mans, and no sign of rain. I thought last weeks Fuji was just a warm up for the 24 laps of Le Mans we were going to get this week. Still, made the most of it anyway, I won with the Mazda, but the next 5 were all Saubers.

I didn't change tyres in the stop, but the left rear was pretty gone by the end, I almost lost it exiting the final chicane on the final lap. I'd guess if you're pitting mid race it way well be worth changing tyres.

Edited to add: Just watched the replay, the second placed driver, who also didn't change tyres, did lose it exiting the final chicane on the final lap and dropped to 4th as a result. So be very careful if you don't change tyres.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240610082443.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, I never knew about that website either. Interesting. I may take a shot at Le Mans this week depending on how booked my schedule is. I have 2 doctor appointments, and they have to come first.

I need to improve a hell of lot before considering Le Mans
Definitely put health first👍

Race B is already causing me enough stress already 🤣

I need to improve a hell of lot before considering Le Mans
Definitely put health first👍

Race B is already causing me enough stress already 🤣
I'm already wondering if I want to take the risk at Le Mans.

Be stressed bad or have fun and get some wins. I have to decide for myself. But you're right, my health and family is #1 priority, this is just a game we all play and enjoy everyday.

Hi everyone. Decided not to do any sport mode races last week. This week I maybe have a go at the Red Bull Ring. Just changed my camera view from chase cam to bumper cam. I'm also considering switching to manual transmission instead of auto. RBR seems to be a circuit where short-shifting can really help with traction out of several corners.

But maybe it's not wise to change 2 things at the same time. I know I should just have fun, but I'm 'afraid' I will drop back a DR level while learning to change gears manually.

zjn
Do you know this site?

it claims that all info shown are gathered by PD just giving his personal touch.
Where PD is publishing the dailies?

Thanks
Thanks for the link, anyone know how the Top Players list works? And more to the point, why aren't I in it? I even looked all the way down to 1605th in the UK listings.

Hi everyone. Decided not to do any sport mode races last week. This week I maybe have a go at the Red Bull Ring. Just changed my camera view from chase cam to bumper cam. I'm also considering switching to manual transmission instead of auto. RBR seems to be a circuit where short-shifting can really help with traction out of several corners.

But maybe it's not wise to change 2 things at the same time. I know I should just have fun, but I'm 'afraid' I will drop back a DR level while learning to change gears manually.
It won't take long to learn manual and you'll probably still be just as fast as AT whilst you're switching. That's how it seemed to be for me. I did yo-yo between DR levels but that's mainly because I'm rubbish at qualifying whatever gears I use, so nearly always at the back.

Tried switching view as well but it didn't stick, I'm chasecam for life.

You're not alone, I was only able to do 2 races at DRC and 4 at Interlagos, see I was discharged from the hospital Tuesday night and then I didn't get on the Playstation until the next day, so I was lagging behind. But it's okay. How are you coming along in the game? I really need to learn MT and trail braking better, it would help me a lot here and for breaking records.

Last edited:
Back