GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,803 comments
Pretty cool Father's Day gift from my stepson @dcalde78 (who is usually faster than me)

Will be spraying it around the living room when I get a win!

Edit / wife says I won't be spraying it around the living room. Bugger.

Wow, that was an awesome gift from your son. How much did that cost?

@Barney Da Dog

Hopefully not too expensive - can't afford to spray it around like F1 drivers do

It's clumsy racing, but it looks like there was at least an attempt to be clean.

Somebody in the back decided their car was actually a cue ball, though.
Did you watch the whole video where for some reason, miles ahead I get pin balled in to the barrier with engine damage.

How the freak is that even clumsy at these levels.

Genuinely I'm interested how people have got this far without learning to brake and sure you get better at it as you progress because you have to. But 2 videos is 3 races I've posted.

Clumsy or drunk I get, that happens I'm a massive perpetrator of those.

But realistically even some beer or wine in I'm even more cautious.

Honestly I think there is a lower threshold and the lobbies are way more "diverse" ability wise.

How can 2 different people who qualifies for the race forget there are very tight corners.

Clumsy is my contact on the black evo. Stupid is the 2 vids I posted.

Did you watch the whole video where for some reason, miles ahead I get pin balled in to the barrier with engine damage.

How the freak is that even clumsy at these levels.

Genuinely I'm interested how people have got this far without learning to brake and sure you get better at it as you progress because you have to. But 2 videos is 3 races I've posted.

Clumsy or drunk I get, that happens I'm a massive perpetrator of those.

But realistically even some beer or wine in I'm even more cautious.

Honestly I think there is a lower threshold and the lobbies are way more "diverse" ability wise.

How can 2 different people who qualifies for the race forget there are very tight corners.

Clumsy is my contact on the black evo. Stupid is the 2 vids I posted.
That was on purpose. You were collateral damage as someone a couple cars back was not happy with someone else.

I'm doing some RBR races now. The network connection finally worked and I was able to finish 3 of them a while ago. I dread the summer. The heat and bugs are the worst part of it.

So I will stay indoors and play gt7.

Kinda liking the Porsche. I don't want to use the 787 or 92. The Jag should be a Gr3 car. :lol: Best I could muster in the Jag was a 24.0; a 22.8 in the Porsche. No idea how that compares to the Mazda as I've not done a lap in it to compare.

Not a pen. I literally almost hit the wall on the exit. One time I wholeheartedly deserved one and, na.

045c58aced2afd0b8c797c9cf1f747d7_photo.webp

This was a close finish for P2. He had it, but came out of the final chicane in 1st gear (maybe he was running auto) and I pipped him at the line by .009".

0ba6c837b9c061c8536412435ced7437_photo.webp

Ha! Not at all. I've met plenty of people that have somehow worked their way up to A and even A+ that are as dirty as they come and they happen to also be very fast, often using the side of your car to be even faster through the turns.
You can defend against that sort of driving though by not putting your car there next to them.

What you can't defend against is being rear ended at 100mph.

Driving around divers and pushers is part and parcel just driving and being taken out twice and the last vid I posted soooo hard I hit the barrier with engine damage is in excusable.

I mean if you can qualify that well you can damn well drive to that standard. I'm asking for 2 much sigh

You can defend against that sort of driving though by not putting your car there next to them.

What you can't defend against is being rear ended at 100mph.

Driving around divers and pushers is part and parcel just driving and being taken out twice and the last vid I posted soooo hard I hit the barrier with engine damage is in excusable.

I mean if you can qualify that well you can damn well drive to that standard. I'm asking for 2 much sigh
You are not wrong

Ha! Not at all. I've met plenty of people that have somehow worked their way up to A and even A+ that are as dirty as they come and they happen to also be very fast, often using the side of your car to be even faster through the turns.
Happens to me almost every time I get placed into a high A / low A+ lobby. Only exception were - of all races - this week's races A.

Dang, I was so close to getting a win. I recorded the race so you all could take a look later on. I messed up and misjudged the breaking for one of the turns and spun out.

6 people passed me, so I had to barrel myself back to the top. Chuck was the leader. I've been using my AMG Mercedes car. It produces some oversteer at times but other than that, I've been doing okay with managing it.

Which I get, but this is A lobbies you'd have thought that behaviour left a long time ago
Nah - DR is ultimately just pace. Not racecraft, not cleanliness, not temprament, just pace.

Racing games have been, give or take some adjustments, the same for however long they've been about. A sim is a sim, it can only simulate one thing and that's reality - so every sim trying to do so will always be somewhat similar to one another.
Resultantly, you can have played these things casually for 5, 10, 20 odd years, and just be 'pretty quick' by the default of understanding how to drive fast at its core level.

That knowledge can take 10 years for some people or 10 weeks for others, and because pace is all that really matters (as SR is pretty useless) you can have all sorts of muppets or doorknob heads in high ranks just by virtue of them knowing where to brake, turn and accelerate.

I'd freaking love to hear opinions on this, and I really don't care what ratings people have.

This has boiled my Pee very very very much.

Edit:

I don't think lobby levels are an excuse for bad driving and I don't think PD physics are great.

But this sort of stuff is awful, literally done 8 races today and have way more vids than these.

I genuinely now understand why the devout online player base is so small.

Muppets basically. Sigh.

Did the person who took you out get a penalty? Seems like there are more contact penalties now than in GTS or early GT7 (as well as damage). Not sure it’s made a difference though. Which raises the question what could PD do about bad/dirty driving?

No idea how large or small the player base is, but it seems to be more competitive lately. I’m 2.4 seconds off the best time in the world at RBR and I’m only ranked ~6,000 (last time I checked). Of course, speed doesn’t equal clean driving.

I tried some qualifying laps at Le Mans this evening and got a decent time, 3'32.458 using the 787B. I still have a lot of learning to do here. It is discouraging seeing most people can do better than me, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm human and I only can do what I can do. I study replays and watch SuperGT, theKie's, and Tidgney's guides, but they use MT and I'm more of an AT guy.

The thing about Le Mans is that you have to memorize and know the whole track to get a superb time.

I'd freaking love to hear opinions on this, and I really don't care what ratings people have.

This has boiled my Pee very very very much.

Edit:

I don't think lobby levels are an excuse for bad driving and I don't think PD physics are great.

But this sort of stuff is awful, literally done 8 races today and have way more vids than these.

I genuinely now understand why the devout online player base is so small.

Muppets basically. Sigh.

Yeah it’s a real shame people don’t appreciate the real close racing like that, someone will always come through unscathed and some will not. I remember taking 5 places at sardegna recently in and around the hard braking into a tight right kinda esses and had the same thing

Don’t lose faith mate

This exactly, I too are in A right now. I find that most Italian and German drivers are touring car drivers. @Tidgney published an excellent overview on YT regarding regional driving styles. Hence why I lost 1000pts yesterday on RB ring.

I actually don’t mind touring car driving but Polyphony need to do something about the physics so that cars can handle a knock or two rather than placing your car on ice which is just unrealistic.

On another note I’ve had some excellent side-by-side round 3-4 consecutive corners this week with Swiss, French and UK drivers, I’ve gained 11 places for the win and also been 2nd, and 4th.

Top tip, watch out for Mad Max, because he is. ;). 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2706.png
    IMG_2706.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Well here's my new best time that I clocked Tuesday night, I have run hundreds of laps since then and cannot find any improvement. I feel like I'm going around the bush wasting time doing this. I still was nervous and hesitant during the first 2 turns which is nothing to me, I've always been like this with any car I race at RBR. And I actually earned all gold in the Circuit Experience which is a shock to me.

And out of a 2-year period I've only got 6 subscribers on my Youtube channel. I've posted tons of videos from GTS/Gt7 which I thought were gonna be popular, but nope. This is discouraging to me, watching tons of replays, over and over and still no signs of improvement.

I'm gonna post a run using an MT in my Lancer car, and see if a change occurs which I hope it does, a sub 1'31.000 or a 1'30.500 would be nice.

So, what parts of RBR is your weak spot?

This is maddening to me, I'm getting nowhere. Durn I thought I would improve a little bit more by now, oh well, :(

Last edited:
And out of a 2-year period I've only got 6 subscribers on my Youtube channel.
Being successful at YouTube, at least at the start, is due mostly to pure luck. For the average channel, it usually requires something to go viral. For a channel based on GT7, the market is saturated, so there's almost zero chance of getting a decent following.
This is maddening to me, I'm getting nowhere.
Regarding your replay, here's some thoughts. And here's a map to help with turn numbers:

1718446669542.png

T1: On approach, your right tires should be on the curb (left tires off the track). After the turn, you should aim again to have your right tires on the curb, and left tires off the track. Use all the track (which you will hear me say a lot).
T7: On approach, keep your right tires on the curb (in this case, you probably don't want your left tires off the track), and don't start turing until the curb ends. Then turn your wheels either before, or right as you start to brake. If that causes you to turn too quickly, then brake a little later.
T9: On approach, your right tires should be on the curb and your left tires off the track.
T10: After T9, try to get your right tires should be on the curb. It's a little tricky to get them there after T9, but that's the goal.

That should get you started. Remember, generally speaking, the wider you can make the turn, the better. In other words, outside to inside to outside.

Thank you GM, I'll keep all this info in check, I want to read every single post on this forum, which will take a very, very long time, but I might have missed some useful information on more tricks I can use to save time out there. Hey, you know RBR looks like a whale my the way that picture is, xD. That's funny. It's really weird how the person that built the track shaped it.

My DR and SR are back down, I have nothing in my bar. See I got drowsy last night and was so tired, I quit 2 races at GV. I made a huge mistake, I think that tanked my DR/SR. Now I gotta climb back up to the top.

Last edited:
So I managed to improve still can't find the elusive 1:28.9 that I wanted :(

View attachment 1365074
Yeah, I checked the board 10 a few minutes ago and noticed you improved, I'm still stuck at 1'31.845, :(

I don't think Robster's on my friends list yet. Dang, I'd be happy with a sub 1'31.000 or close to it, :banghead:

You know, I'm not sweating it, I'll just have to do with this.

Last edited:
Frustratingly lost 3/10s on the last 2 corners 😫

Interestingly though @Vule I did that with no TC and CSA strong like you said at the beginning of the week!

IMG_0515.jpeg

Edit: if anyone is interested I can share the replay?

Aaaaaand I've just gone 3/1000s quicker on my Alt EU account. 🤣

IMG_0516.jpeg

Edit2:

And to round out the trifecta I go fastest on my ALT US account 🤣🤣

IMG_0518.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I'm fixing to go to bed.

You know what I'm not wasting anymore time trying to get good low times, that's why I can't complete as many races as I need to so my rank can go up. I don't have the proper equipment either, I'll show you one of my controllers that I own.

1718465503267.jpeg

I'm feeling down and depressed about this situation. I feel good, I got a shower the other night, but I still got nothing accomplished in gt7. My goal before the gt7 servers die is to get in the A group but it's gonna take a lot of time and practice in order to do this. I think it was my mission to find Gran Turismo. Because there was one copy of gt3 left at my local Wal-mart in Durham, NC and I got it for $30.

I guess I'm gonna have to go through every single post starting from page 1 to understand all the tricks and necessary skills/knowledge to beat records on certain tracks of the game and keep watching the Youtube guides from the famous drivers like Tidgney and TheKie25. That's all I can do for now.

Ugh, I had to bad races at RBR, the first one I finished 13th and the second one I came in 12th. I recorded both races to show you what happened, some buttholes out there sideswiped me as I was turning on one of the first 2 turns which caused me to spin out, you'll just have to see for yourself cause it's hard to explain.

I wish I was a Japanese F1 expert, :(

This is an awesome community. I have no support network. Most of my family are abusive and narcissistic, it's only me and my mom/grandpa.

1718467061296.jpeg

Sorry for the crooked smile, that was my high school graduation from 2010.

So, I can't do this without you guys, I've got to pull myself up and get back in the daily racing an getting my DR/SR up quick!!

Chris it's a marathon not a sprint and we are all on a journey just some are just starting and some are near the end of theirs.

You are not judged here on DR, SR or times here. Sure we banter (joke about them) but the idea is we are all just here to share our experiences with people who are as passionate as us all about our hobby.

Like they say in the gambling awareness adverts - when the fun stops so should you.

Now this isn't like gambling but you are recovering from a pretty bad illness and spending hours playing GT and it not making you happy isn't good for mental health or your recovery. Just have fun, that's why it's called a game.

You think I'm quick there are 12 guys/gals on my friends list much faster than me and 700 faster on the global leaderboard by over 1.5s so there is always someone faster but that's the fun in learning and trying.

Go rest and try to limit GT for a while and don't play when you are tired just go to bed bud 👍

Chris it's a marathon not a sprint and we are all on a journey just some are just starting and some are near the end of theirs.

You are not judged here on DR, SR or times here. Sure we banter (joke about them) but the idea is we are all just here to share our experiences with people who are as passionate as us all about our hobby.

Like they say in the gambling awareness adverts - when the fun stops so should you.

Now this isn't like gambling but you are recovering from a pretty bad illness and spending hours playing GT and it not making you happy isn't good for mental health or your recovery. Just have fun, that's why it's called a game.

You think I'm quick there are 12 guys/gals on my friends list much faster than me and 700 faster on the global leaderboard by over 1.5s so there is always someone faster but that's the fun in learning and trying.

Go rest and try to limit GT for a while and don't play when you are tired just go to bed bud 👍
Great advice which, at some point, can be applied to everyone.

Can only echo what @newmedia_dev says. I'll chuck in another couple of things.

• Don't worry about equipment. Some have crazy rig set ups, some elite drivers use controllers just like you.
  • Progress is not linear. Some times you get on a roll and rise up DR other times you'll drop.
  • I remember a post a while back from a member thinking they'll never get to a C rank in DR and thinking the A and A+ times were a world away. I see on my friends list now they are the ones setting those alien times.
Try not to judge yourself against others. You do you and remember we all are chasing the .100 or in my case 2 seconds a lap. Take plenty of breaks if you can. A tired mind will definitely make you slower.

Well I'm fixing to go to bed.

You know what I'm not wasting anymore time trying to get good low times, that's why I can't complete as many races as I need to so my rank can go up. I don't have the proper equipment either, I'll show you one of my controllers that I own.

View attachment 1365081

I'm feeling down and depressed about this situation. I feel good, I got a shower the other night, but I still got nothing accomplished in gt7. My goal before the gt7 servers die is to get in the A group but it's gonna take a lot of time and practice in order to do this. I think it was my mission to find Gran Turismo. Because there was one copy of gt3 left at my local Wal-mart in Durham, NC and I got it for $30.

I guess I'm gonna have to go through every single post starting from page 1 to understand all the tricks and necessary skills/knowledge to beat records on certain tracks of the game and keep watching the Youtube guides from the famous drivers like Tidgney and TheKie25. That's all I can do for now.

Ugh, I had to bad races at RBR, the first one I finished 13th and the second one I came in 12th. I recorded both races to show you what happened, some buttholes out there sideswiped me as I was turning on one of the first 2 turns which caused me to spin out, you'll just have to see for yourself cause it's hard to explain.

I wish I was a Japanese F1 expert, :(

This is an awesome community. I have no support network. Most of my family are abusive and narcissistic, it's only me and my mom/grandpa.

View attachment 1365084

Sorry for the crooked smile, that was my high school graduation from 2010.

So, I can't do this without you guys, I've got to pull myself up and get back in the daily racing a getting my DR/SR up quick!!
I’m retired and spend a lot of time doing this and the one thing I’m finding out is that DR does not go up quickly, and it may not be the bliss that we hope for once we get there, there may still be butt-holes trying to put you into the wall. Enjoy where you are, possibly use it as an escape, and progress slowly and enjoy the journey.

On a funnier note, I’m here to be able to dissect and share my racing day with those that care. I love my wife but… she hates spectator sports, racing in general and computers and computer games so, not much conversation on those topics on the home-front.

Last edited:
Back