GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,803 comments
Finally had some time today (and will continue) to actually sit down and drive a bit and started well. Had 2 daily marathon tickets and was awarded 500k and 1M lol - good omen 😂

I then played a bit of the weekly challenges and then decided to jump into the Race B TT and instantly was doing better than I have managed this week - Set a 1:29:3 on lap 1 and could have gone faster but made a mistake lol - optimum in 3 laps was 1:29:2 but anyways, cannot complain 😊

1718380072955.jpeg
1718380078919.jpeg

1718380094920.jpeg
1718380102502.jpeg

Now for a serious question for those who use the DD Pro, and I don't think having the 8nm upgrade matters on this. For the past few weeks, the wheel has been weird. Without touching any setting, changing car or track or conditions, the wheel resistance changes on it's own, like A LOT !!!

I set it to be perfect but then, it randomly either becomes too strong and I can barely turn the wheel or opposite, it becomes so light I end up making a u-turn instantly! And again, with no changes made at all... This even sometimes happens during a race and today, the wheel actually died twice! It's connected perfectly, all cables are good and secure and again, no changes to the norm....

Has this ever happened to anyone? Managed to fix the issue? It's driving me nuts!

Last edited:
Finally had some time today (and will continue) to actually sit down and drive a bit and started well. Had 2 daily marathon tickets and was awarded 500k and 1M lol - good omen 😂

I then played a bit of the weekly challenges and then decided to jump into the Race B TT and instantly was doing better than I have managed this week - Set a 1:29:3 on lap 1 and could have gone faster but made a mistake lol - optimum in 3 laps was 1:29:2 but anyways, cannot complain 😊

View attachment 1364873 View attachment 1364874

View attachment 1364875 View attachment 1364876

Now for a serious question for those who use the DD Pro, and I don't think having the 8nm upgrade matters on this. For the past few weeks, the wheel has been weird. Without touching any setting, changing car or track or conditions, the wheel resistance changes on it's own, like A LOT !!!

I set it to be perfect but then, it randomly either becomes too strong and I can barely turn the wheel or opposite, it becomes so light I end up making a u-turn instantly! And again, with no changes made at all... This even sometimes happens during a race and today, the wheel actually died twice! It's connected perfectly, all cables are good and secure and again, no changes to the norm....

Has this ever happened to anyone? Managed to fix the issue? It's driving me nuts!

Great times mate!!

There is a bug with fanatec wheels, must be on the GT side because some people have updated the firmware some haven't and it still happens.

Loads of weird stuff like the FFB disappearing, rotation going weird, pausing during a crash or slide or just going in the pits the wheel will continue to rotate.

You see this a lot at the start of the race where a car instantly veers off to the right or left or exiting the pits with full lock on. Then there is the FFB "jarring" that happens it almost feels mechanical like a slipped clutch.

Also switching between profiles you need to make sure you re apply any custom settings to the that profile or it uses the default ones. So manually select S1 etc

Edit:

Man the RBR track limits are so strange they seem to change. Just done 18 or so laps across multiple resets and I'm fairly consistent and some times I cringe exiting hairpin 1 and go to myself "that's a pen" and nothing 2 laps later feel like I'm safely within the pen zone and up pops a penalty for a more conservative line that visually looked safer than the lap 2 prior where I thought I'd gone wide 🤷‍♂️

Even after all these miles and hours I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Ok, so I just looked at the schedule for Autopolis (which PD is known to mimic) coming up. Looks like there's a Yaris and BRZ/86 races there this weekend. The Super FJ seems to be an open-wheel car so SH tires would eliminate an SF race.

So I begrudgingly change my vote to one of these two cars...

View attachment 1364859

Wasn't the gr86 the car they used when they had daily c with heavy damage?

I also think the Yaris is a good bet, but seeing the Alpine being used at this week's special event makes me want to wish it to reality.

View attachment 1364873 View attachment 1364874

View attachment 1364875 View attachment 1364876

I’ve had this and what you need to do on start is just put it in the pause menu and back out again and it should fix it, doesn’t happen on every track but I did have this too

Edit: I have it now too! Must be the update 😖

View attachment 1364757
View attachment 1364759

Guesses
A: road car
B: Gr4
C: sports hards throw me possibly pre tuned road cars? Edit: MX5 Racecars?

Edit:

Omega (YT'er) predictions

A: Gr. B
B: Gr. 3
C: Radical or similar

Ooh happy with Laguna gr4!

Last edited:
Didnt we have a one-make race at autopolis with the 86 recently?
Wasn't the gr86 the car they used when they had daily c with heavy damage?

I also think the Yaris is a good bet, but seeing the Alpine being used at this week's special event makes me want to wish it to reality.
We had the GR86 at Autopolis the last week of January, it was the week they didn't run any Gr.3 race because of the big BoP update.

We've also had two-make races with both the GR86 and the equivalent BRZ there in the '22 and '23 Toyota Cups.
What he said. ^

I try to be very pragmatic about these things but sometimes just sometimes I wonder how these people are A rated drivers.

Decision making is poor, ignoring the fact at A I'd expect people to brake BEFORE they think the car in front would brake, I'd also expect that no A driver really wants to go 9 thousand wide in to 2 of the tightest trickiest 90 degree bends.... here is 30 seconds of chaos and poor driving in A/A+ lobbies

They walk among us.

Been running top 5, with a few podiums and a win, in B this week. Never been so close to A before!

A question -

Have they started docking us more SR for contact? Did a race B last night. I had (unusually) a low S SR (about 1/5 of a bar) going into the race.

Lap one, I outbraked myself and got a deserved 2 second penalty for hitting another car. He then hit me into the barrier. Rest of the race was clean. After the race I was at 50% SR A! Seems like a big drop for one hit, no?

PS Not really complaining as I think it’s good if PD is punishing contact more harshly.

I started the week thinking yeah I'll enjoy the RBR. I now absolutely hate it with a passion. I've caused a couple of pile ups and been a victim of many many more. A combination of hard braking zones (some up some down hiil) and slip streams seem to mess up my markers like crazy.

Not a fan of Laguna so I may dip my toes into race C. If its the Mazda TC then it could be fun.

Last edited:
here is 30 seconds of chaos and poor driving in A/A+ lobbies
We also see GT7's hyper-realistic collision physics at work here. Those two cars got absolutely launched into the sand, probably got engine damage, and will take forever to exit the sands, while the responsible cars probably got away with just a bumper damage, lol.

There was simply no reason for that car next to you to ghost then unghost randomly, taking out another two cars.

Then the final contact between you and the other Lancer. Chef's kiss on collision physics!

Last edited:
I started the week thinking yeah I'll enjoy the RBR. I now absolutely hate it with a passion. I've caused a couple of pile ups and been a victim of many many more. A combination of hard braking zones (some up some down hiil) and slip streams seem to mess up up my makers like crazy.

Not a fan of Laguna so I may dip my toes into race C. If its the Mazda TC then it could be fun.

Same here, bored of RBR already, not clicking with it at all.

Gr4 Laguna will be a blast, I’m fully having an overload next week there

Don’t have the time to commit to race C

Hey, I decided to switch to the Lancer Evolution Group 3 car for RBR. I'm getting irked at those first turns. I'm getting the hang of it but trying to perfect the entire lap is incredibly difficult.

I set my TCS to 0 to increase my chances for higher exit speeds. Grumpy, Glen and some others used this car and got really good results, so I'm using the Lancer too.

Hey, I decided to switch to the Lancer Evolution Group 3 car for RBR. I'm getting irked at those first turns. I'm getting the hang of it but trying to perfect the entire lap is incredibly difficult.

I set my TCS to 0 to increase my chances for higher exit speeds. Grumpy, Glen and some others used this car and got really good results, so I'm using the Lancer too.
I use TC 2 Chris in the lancer, it has a weird gearing and torque characteristic so I play it safe. The TC is a safety net and my aim is not to trigger it or if I do very minimally

We also see GT7's hyper-realistic collision physics at work here. Those two cars got absolutely launched into the sand, probably got engine damage, and will take forever to exit the sands, while the responsible cars probably got away with just a bumper damage, lol.

There was simply no reason for that car next to you to ghost then unghost randomly, taking out another two cars.

Then the final contact between you and the other Lancer. Chef's kiss on collision physics!
Agreed.

Everything is wrong about that clip.

Firstly the people and decision making is horrendous thirsty crap for A and above lobbies.

The problem isn't that they were close it's the fact they couldn't drive closely next to each other, that's a huge problem. There is no entry or exit space and those who could go side by side safely or at least trying to were relegated from the front to the back.

Then there is the physics. Excluding proper momentum and deformation the fact the out of control Porsche didn't ghost was disappointing. I get why they don't do it, it's a game play choice because you could abuse that ghosting quite a lot.

All in all just a very very poor showing considering last week and the week before I was raving about NALAM lobbies.

But the crux of the matter is in A lobbies people should have better decision making, focus hard on less contact and just ultimately read the race better rather than force places that weren't there.

It also helps if they remember to ****** brake!!!

Ok, I'll set the TCS to 2. Whenever I set a new record, I'll post the video here and in my private conversation.

Thanks. I'm also sure the type of tires I'm using is impacting my driving too.

Pretty cool Father's Day gift from my stepson @dcalde78 (who is usually faster than me)

Will be spraying it around the living room when I get a win!

Edit / wife says I won't be spraying it around the living room. Bugger.

Wow, that was an awesome gift from your son. How much did that cost?

@Barney Da Dog

Last edited:
I try to be very pragmatic about these things but sometimes just sometimes I wonder how these people are A rated drivers.

Decision making is poor, ignoring the fact at A I'd expect people to brake BEFORE they think the car in front would brake, I'd also expect that no A driver really wants to go 9 thousand wide in to 2 of the tightest trickiest 90 degree bends.... here is 30 seconds of chaos and poor driving in A/A+ lobbies

They walk among us.

Shocking driving for an A lobby.

Did the driver of the white Porsche have the decency to at least apologize post race? Doubt it as he kept going after causing all that carnage.

Also, as someone pointed out already, irl there’s no way his car isn’t wrecked.

Let’s hope Laguna is Gr4 next week. Seems like the narrowness/tightness of Laguna and the speed of the Gr3s don’t mix well (or at least with the current GT7 driving standards; they race Indy Cars there irl and they brake at ~150mph into the corkscrew!).

Did the driver of the white Porsche have the decency to at least apologize post race?
lol lol lol lol.

No, they instantly left.

I'm not mad or anything I just feel a bit meh about it all. You try to improve to get to the better racing and 9 people in front of you all think they are are having the corner and boom...

I just wish people thought about the race more than the positions.

I'm trying not to go from the back in these races although it's tempting for DR and SR just trying to race normally. But it's hard when people are so so sweaty

lol lol lol lol.

No, they instantly left.

I'm not mad or anything I just feel a bit meh about it all. You try to improve to get to the better racing and 9 people in front of you all think they are are having the corner and boom...

I just wish people thought about the race more than the positions.

I'm trying not to go from the back in these races although it's tempting for DR and SR just trying to race normally. But it's hard when people are so so sweaty
I think you were just in the same race as me. Same behavior up in the front, spun out on lap 4 and dropped from 4th down to 9th and was waiting for you to come pass me but you had already left the race!

Spent some time cranking out 50+ laps at RBR with the NSX, so I can git gud. It took a couple dozen laps or so until I got a 1:30.977 QT in the NSX. Every time after that, when I would gain a tenth or two, I'd find some way of bottling it. Spin? OK! Outbrake myself? Yep! Blow an apex? Sure! Track limits? Why not! Forget to shift? Oh you betcha!

jN86rcdOyrpyo.webp

Last edited:
Spent some time cranking out 50+ laps at RBR with the NSX, so I can git gud. It took a couple dozen laps or so until I got a 1:30.977 QT in the NSX. Every time after that, when I would gain a tenth or two, I'd find some way of bottling it. Spin? OK! Outbrake myself? Yep! Blow an apex? Sure! Track limits? Why not! Forget to shift? Oh you betcha!

jN86rcdOyrpyo.webp
Welcome to the club. All off it makes sense while at the same time none of it makes sense....

Last edited:
I'd freaking love to hear opinions on this, and I really don't care what ratings people have.

This has boiled my Pee very very very much.

Edit:

I don't think lobby levels are an excuse for bad driving and I don't think PD physics are great.

But this sort of stuff is awful, literally done 8 races today and have way more vids than these.

I genuinely now understand why the devout online player base is so small.

Muppets basically. Sigh.

Last edited:
I'd freaking love to hear opinions on this, and I really don't care what ratings people have.

Edit:

I don't think lobby levels are an excuse for bad driving and I don't think PD physics are great.

But this sort of stuff is awful, literally done 8 races today and have way more vids than these.

Muppets basically. Sigh.

This is why starting in the top 3 is the only way I have good races. It's a battle zone back there.

Edit:

Muppets basically. Sigh.

It's clumsy racing, but it looks like there was at least an attempt to be clean.

Somebody in the back decided their car was actually a cue ball, though.

Latest Posts

Back